PDA

View Full Version : Going to try henna, but nervous?

irishlady
August 27th, 2010, 07:15 AM
Hey all

So I have decided to give henna a try, to thicken my hair a little bit and bring out the auburn in it more.

My hair is brown with auburn tints, and I have never coloured it before, so I'm nervous.

I am thinking of trying LUSH's caca Brun henna, because I don't want my hair to go red, but I do want the natural auburn to be a lot more noticeable.
http://lush.co.uk/products/haircare/henna/caca-brun_446.html

It has good reviews from what I can see, and sounds straight forward to use.

Have any of you used it before? And I'm wondering if I could mix an oil with it too...Is it worth it?

Thanks a lot and God bless :)

irishlady
August 27th, 2010, 07:49 AM
I will post before and after pictures too.

chelseamichelle
August 27th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Yes I use the caca brun henna. I love the way my hair feels after I do it :) It's extremely conditioning and leaves your hair looking great, however, don't expect it to last too long. It's really something you need to do at least once a month if you want your hair to constantly look great.

You said you wanted to bring out the auburn in your hair, I don't recommend using the brun because it will probably eliminate the auburn and really make your hair brown. Maybe you could try the marron? They say your hair will look brown but have red-ish highlights, especially in the sun.

I don't bother putting any oil in, but i've never tried it so maybe it is better? Either way I don't think it will make much of a difference.

My hair in my siggy pic has been freshly cacaed (with caca brun) It's lighter in real life :p

Oh! And don't forget to strand test!!

Good luck!

breezefaerie
August 27th, 2010, 08:02 AM
I think that Lush henna is a great henna to start with. I've used the Rouge with great success.
Lush henna has a ton of cocoa butter in it so I don't think you will need another oil. It won't hurt to add it but I don't think you need to. The Brun will give you some red tones but your hair might be more brown than auburn depending on your starting color.

Please let us know how it works out and post pics!

irishlady
August 27th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Thanks so much for your answers :)

I've been thinking a lot about it, and I'm going to use Marron instead of Brun, because I want to enhance my natural auburn in my brown hair.

I think I'll leave the extra oil out, I oil my hair enough anyway.

I'm excited lol

irishlady
August 27th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Oh I have another question, sorry...

When it fades, does it look okay or will it just make my natural colour look a bit drab.

Just wondering :)

TinaDenali
August 27th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Hello Irishlady,

A couple things for you... :)

If you want to enhance the auburn in your hair while still maintaining a 'brown' look you can also try doing half Caca Brun and half Caca Marron. And like ChelseaMichelle said, you'll need to do it quite a few times for it to 'stick'.

I used Caca Brun once a year and a half ago. I used half the bar and applied it to my head before going to bed - so it was on a good 9-10 hours. After about 2 months the color had faded and I was left with my total natural color again, no dullness or anything. So, if it's something you don't like in the end, you can just not apply any more dye (of any kind!!) and it should fade. However, all hair is different, so I can only speak for my own hair!!

Good luck to you! :)

irishlady
August 27th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Thanks for your reply :)

I think I shall try just the Marron to start, and if I don't like it (too red or whatever) I'll try mixing them like you say the next time. :)

KittyLost
August 27th, 2010, 10:52 AM
I would be interested to see how this turns out, my friend is wanting to try Lush henna without changing her brown hair too much too, she would like a warmer tone.

I can't wait to see your results :)

Also if you want more information here is a link, just in case you haven't checked it out already.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=9336

TinaDenali
August 27th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Oh, yes! Great idea, KittyLost.

When I henna'd using Lush I spent several hours on that forum gathering information. It's great :)

irishlady
August 27th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Thanks! I have looked at that link before, but I am reading through it again :)

Aredhel77
August 28th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Thanks! I have looked at that link before, but I am reading through it again :)

Hi all,

I use 1 part Caca Brun to 2 parts Marron just so I don't go over-the-top auburn (my hair is naturally a dark blonde. I've used it about 4 times now (if you want to see my profile pictures). In some lights it looks almost burgundy - I find the brown tones it down a little.

Have fun, & post your pics when done!!:)

irishlady
August 28th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Hi all,

I use 1 part Caca Brun to 2 parts Marron just so I don't go over-the-top auburn (my hair is naturally a dark blonde. I've used it about 4 times now (if you want to see my profile pictures). In some lights it looks almost burgundy - I find the brown tones it down a little.

Have fun, & post your pics when done!!:)

Will do! I'm still a little bit iffy about it, so I'm going to ask for a sample and do a strand test first and see if I like it or not.
If not, and if I decide against it, I'll post a pic of my hair anyway for the fun of it :)