View Full Version : Lush BIG shampoo - Too stripping, or plain great?

Konstifik
August 11th, 2010, 06:06 AM
Hi all!

So, I've pretty much given up the project of going sulfate-free after almost a year of various methods. So I decided to try out BIG by Lush. And I must say it cleaned out every bit of residue and dirt in no time, also left my hair with great volume (for once! :D).
Even my boyfriend complimented on how silky and shiny my hair was afterwards. (And he rarely comments on my hair!)

But I'm worried it cleans a bit TOO good. My hair do feel stripped afterwards, and a little strawy (not much), and I get the squeaky clean sound. All this mostly goes away after I use my leave-in conditioner though.
Should I worry about long-term damage?

lillylonghair
August 11th, 2010, 06:45 AM
Hhmm,I've though about this but I think as long as you are otherwise gentle with your hair and don't use this every day it should be fine.

I love my BIG shampoo!!! It's probably my favortie Lush shampoo.(at least for now:)

Konstifik
August 11th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Oh I agree, Lillylonghair, it's their best shampoo by far. :D And thanks for your input! For how long have you used it?

lillylonghair
August 11th, 2010, 07:34 AM
I got mine back in May.I hadn't bought anything from Lush in ages so I decided since it was Mothers Day to treat myself. I also got American Cream conditioner but I think I prefer Retread.

But I looove the smell of this and how my hair feels afterwards. I like putting it in a ew small buns while it air dries to make the most of the volumizing.

Konstifik
August 11th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the tip! :D
Now I won't be scared when I put that shampoo in my hair anymore. ^^