PDA

View Full Version : Can you create fairytale ends from blunt ends?

MicheleClaire
July 26th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Hey! Right now I have waist length blond hair with blunt ends in a U shape (I get it trimmed every year) and it stays fairly blunt as it grows out. Do fairytale ends just happen when you don't trim? Is there anyway to create them? Thanks!

spidermom
July 26th, 2010, 10:58 AM
I've seen a few people whose hair grows so evenly that fairy tale ends would probably never happen naturally. I think you can approximate the look by layering the ends and snipping into the hem so that the hair is not absolutely even. I wouldn't want to risk it myself, though, but that's because I really like my U shape better than fairy tale ends.

ericthegreat
July 26th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Yes, you can create the look of fairytale ends with a special kind of scissor called a thinning shear. These are the kind of haircutting scissors with teeth. This kind of scissor cuts off some but not all of your hair, it creates a thinning effect on your hair. I would definitely suggest you go to a salon to get a professional haircut, definitely don't try to do this by yourself. Ask your stylist to have your ends layered and thinned out so that you can create the fairytale end effect on your hair.

LittleOrca
July 26th, 2010, 12:06 PM
My fairytale ends were created for me a long time ago by a hair dresser who cut my hair at a slant like this \ and another hair dresser who saw that mistake a few months later and "fixed it" by cutting it into a V. Then neglect and general hair care that would make most LHCers go :O!!!!!!! took over.

Carolyn
July 26th, 2010, 02:28 PM
It seems like we want what we don't have. I'd kill for ends that didn't fairy tale out.

Othala
July 26th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Don't cut your hair...fairytale ends will appear over time.

Sammich
July 26th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Get a V cut, those generally fairytail easier! :)

beez1717
July 26th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Hmm. This makes me think. Would fairytale ends even look good on hair that is apl (like mine :D ) or even shoulder length? Just asking.

Yes in my opinion fairytail ends look good on some people and bad on others. If you like to braid your hair then would it make your braid get skinnier at the end? If so is it something that looks good on you? Lol. I'm open to all looks. I just prefer what I prefer.

Ferine
July 26th, 2010, 04:18 PM
If you do decide to have it done by a professional, make sure you pick someone who understands what you want, otherwise you may leave with alot less hair!
I wouldn't think it would look good on APL, though I prefer a thick hemline myself. And yes it would make your braid look skinny. If you grow it without trims you will get the effect sooner or later most likely.

heynormy
July 26th, 2010, 05:26 PM
I would assume a V cut would fairytale easier compared to blunt ends!

lynnala
July 26th, 2010, 05:34 PM
I may be wrong, but I have a feeling that "natural" fairytale ends occur on those of us with finer, less volume hair. In my case, no matter how blunt I cut my hair, it goes into fairyland very quickly!

Capybara
July 26th, 2010, 05:53 PM
You can mimic the effect of fairy tale ends by getting layers cut into your hair :) I'm considering getting long layers when I reach goal, because I want to have long layered hair at least once in my life, and I do enjoy the growing out process :D