PDA

View Full Version : Viviscal for growth?

az_sweetie01
March 10th, 2008, 10:06 AM
So, I picked up the new Glamour Magazine and they had an article about how long hair is "the new big trend." Well, this stylist that was being interviewed for the article recommended this tablet. Apparently its all natural and really jump starts your growth. I went to the site and the stuff is not cheap. They have a scalp serum, shampoo and conditioner as well. They also had a really great article from Vogue 2005 that shed a very flattering light on longhairs in general www.viviforyou.com (http://www.viviforyou.com) . I didn't agree with all of it but the gist was nice. I'm not sure if posting a link is okay so, if its not, my feelings won't be hurt mods if you have to remove it :). Also, if anyone has tried this or knows anything about it, I'd be very interested to hear!

kimberlily
March 10th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Sounds interesting, but wow are the tablets expensive! And they don't tell you how many you get in a box. Humph.

az_sweetie01
March 10th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Yeah I know! It's decieving really. And looking at the ingredients, it doesn't look like there's much difference between that and what I already take. But, that's why I thought to see if anyone knew anymore about it. :D

UrbanEast
March 10th, 2008, 10:52 AM
I don't know about Viviscal, but I'm wondering why biotin isn't more popular here? I've never tried it, but people seem to agree that it really does increase the growth rate--though it can make some people break out. I think it's pretty cheap too.

domonic_uk
March 10th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Seems very expensive and the vitamins it contains seem very similar to any other hair vitamin which are a lot cheaper.

Mearwynna
March 10th, 2008, 02:13 PM
I started using the vitamin provided by Woman To Woman last January and my hair has grown many inches. The vitamins come in packets, multivitamins, calc/magnesium, and fish oil capsule. Two packets a day, when I remember. In jan 2007 I had it cut up to my ears in a layered cut, now it's past my shoulders. For me that really amazing growth, since my hair has grown so slowly before. Before the cut it took almost 6 years for me to get it to BSL.

Due to LHC I'm taking much better care of my hair and it's feeling just lovely now. I'm hoping in a few more years I'll be back to BSL and I'll be able to do big buns again. :)

lora410
March 10th, 2008, 02:43 PM
And hey it only takes 4-6 months to work. yeah, by then you wasted 299$ with no results. Who do they think they are trying to fool?:lol:

shellblue1
March 10th, 2008, 03:18 PM
This Viviscal hair tablet was a trend about 8 or so years ago too. I guess it's back again! I never tried it due to it's expensive price. I think I'll look into what Mearwynna is taking...

jojo
March 10th, 2008, 03:47 PM
i think you would be better saving your money and getting a multi vitamin and some good old fashioned biotin! lots of water and exercise will do just as much good and leave you money to spare for all those hair toys your long hair will need!!

Elfling
March 10th, 2008, 03:57 PM
What jojo said. I subscribe to Allure and Glamour, and I like them, but the thing to remember is that you are essentially paying to be advertised to :p

Besides, did you look at the picture of the stylist's hair who recommended those vitamins? I wasn't impressed.

madamealaina
March 10th, 2008, 05:16 PM
I used to take these tablets. They really did work for me. My hair grew like frickin' weeds. I had to stop taking it after about 6 months because I was broke. I keep meaning to start ordering it again but just haven't gotten around to it.

trollkjerring
March 11th, 2008, 12:38 AM
I used Viviscal tabletts in January this year but I also started Bargellos regimen, drinking more protein shakes and silicea gel. I don't know if Viviscal worked cause I started so many things at the same time but my hair grew 4 cm instead of the usual 3 cm in two months.

I still use the lotion daily on my scalp and mix a little bit of the shampoo with my regular shampoos and maybe I will buy the pills again, if I can find them cheaper somewhere online here in Germany.

trollkjerring

Sunnie1
April 14th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Hello all, I am sorry if this has been posted recently. But I want to know it there are any of you who use viviscal, and if so what were your results.
I am thinking about it but I am not sure if I want to put out $50 for something that may not work.

thanks in advance,
Sunnie

Sunnie1
April 14th, 2008, 09:41 AM
sorry I just did a search and found some info.....but feel free to add comments anyway.

virgogirl
May 17th, 2008, 02:47 AM
hey guys, I was just wondering if any of you tried viviscal and if you did...how did it work for you? do you guys think viviscal is better than hair formula 37? I guess this would be a question for people that tried one of them or both...
thanks hope everyone has a good morning!

virgogirl
May 19th, 2008, 12:32 AM
hey I was wondering about that product also...i was thinking about getting it but not sure if i wanted to spend that kind of money...
hope it works for u..iam probaly gonna get it soon so ill let ya know!

liselle
May 20th, 2008, 06:21 PM
I had severe hair loss, so of course I tried Viviscal, for about a year. I stopped as I couldn't afford it. My hair did grow, maybe slightly faster than normal, but honestly, nothing significant like all the claims.

I'm having better results taking prenatal vitamins(high dose vitamins) and L-cysteine 5 a day 500mg. My hair is growing a good inch a month.

shakethatbelly
November 27th, 2010, 05:44 PM
bumping anyone use viviscal
i'm thinking of buying it!

Igor
November 27th, 2010, 07:00 PM
“To put it simply, Viviscal is designed to replace and re-energize those nutrients”
To put it simply: Re-energise???

“What makes Viviscal truly unique is the fact that it provides far more than just nutrition. It actually helps to remove internal barriers that block the flow of nutrients to the scalp”
Huh? No, seriously… Huh?!?

“It hydrates and rejuvenates the scalp in a way that simple vitamins and ordinary proteins”
So… Viviscal uses advanced vitamins and proteins?

“The Aurora Group was the first company in the United States to recognize the benefits of an internal treatment for the hair”
I seriously, seriously doubt that.

“Viviscal's nutrients are conveyed directly in the body, through the bloodstream”
As opposed to normal, simple nutrients? That’s what happens whenever you eat something: It gets digested, broken down and distributed in the bloodstream. Simple anatomy and biology.

“A primary problem with many remedies is that they are topical-applied directly to the head-and can't get to the literal root of the problem, the follicle”
Wait, isn’t the Aurora group also selling a scalp treatment too?

“Whether they are gels, hair tonics, or skin treatments, these remedies might have a temporary effect, but they can rarely do anything for the hair's actual health”
So it’s the same as with these overpriced vitamins: Stop taking them, the effect stops. Simple.

“It is designed to avoid one of the most critical problems in the field: trouble accessing the follicle.”
That’s because you can’t “aim” your nutrients in the bloodstream. Unless they want to claim their super-supplement comes with that little cross-hair we see in shampoo commercials?

“The follicle is surrounded by tissues, which block some of the nutrient passage”
Uhm, yes. The only place nutrients and blood access the follicle is in the bottom of it, which is perfectly normal and the way the anatomy of the hair is? It’s the same delivery system of oxygen and nutrients no matter your hair type.

“Viviscal doesn't just provide more nourishment, it also allows subsistent vitamins and proteins to pass through far more easily, without disrupting body systems”
That’s impossible.

My opinion is, in short: It’s probably an okay supplement if you want something targeting hair only. But it’s ridiculously overpriced (I could maintain my most advanced supplement routine for 2 months for that price) and the people behind it are either seriously stupid or they need to fire the idiots who wrote this crap :rolleyes:
Based on what I read when writing my article for supplements, I would say your best bet is taking a good, trusted, non-fad multivitamin and if you feel like dosing up higher on single vitamins, add it from another source.

jojo
December 1st, 2010, 04:01 PM
i actually tried these and should have listened to my original advice and saved my money!

dropinthebucket
December 3rd, 2010, 07:47 AM
They look like a regular high-nutrient vitamin to me, too. I've had really great results from just silica gel, biotin, and MSM - I use Silicea (DE is cheaper, but I had problems with the shellfish base), generic biotin, and micronized MSM (because the non-micronized can have heavy metals, and I take a lot of MSM - 5,000 mg a day).

My growth rate has increased by nearly 50%. Now I get .5 - .75 a month. I used to only grow four inches a year. And my circumference has gone from 1.75 to 2.25. It does cost me a small fortune every month, but the silica and MSM were originally recommended for my eczema and rheumatoid arthritis, so I tell myself I can justify the cost for health reasons. Sometimes I get so greedy for hair growth, though, I don't want to use much of the Silicea for a skin wash, like I'm supposed to - I want to drink it all for my hair! :)

clioariane
July 4th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Thread bump! Anyone using this with good results? I started taking Viviscal twice daily about 3 weeks ago so I can't say yet if it's working :)

missmelaniem
November 28th, 2021, 04:45 PM
These tablets work for me and this is the second time I’ve used them. I’m just wondering if anyone had any weird side effects from them. I started getting far more grouchy around the time I started taking them, and as of right now can’t think of anything else that I have changed that may have impacted that.

Caregiving for a parent right now so lots of stress but I feel like I’ve noticed a distinct shift. Wonder if anyone else has experienced similar.