PDA

View Full Version : Here I go AGAIN

morguebabe
November 16th, 2009, 05:07 PM
I died my hair blue black... i now have roots. Im not sure I want to do chemical dye again....
Do you think I can do my roots with henna/indigo

Heidi_234
November 17th, 2009, 02:10 PM
You can, nobody can stop you :)

Make sure your henna and indigo are pure, or else you'll have nasty reaction with the dye.

halo_tightens
November 17th, 2009, 02:20 PM
I bet you can! :)

I genuinely encourage you to give it a try. Black hair is lovely, but those black dyes can be reeeeally nasty sometimes...

GlassEyes
November 17th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Sure you can; as long as you don't plan on going back to the streaks ever again. Bleach will turn hair that's been indigo'd green. You might be able to do green streaks after, or maybe teal, but that's about it, I would think.

morguebabe
November 17th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Sure you can; as long as you don't plan on going back to the streaks ever again. Bleach will turn hair that's been indigo'd green. You might be able to do green streaks after, or maybe teal, but that's about it, I would think.

I would do the streaks now... before I dye it. And do the indigo/henna around it.

RavennaNight
November 17th, 2009, 10:45 PM
:cheer: I am actually twostepping tomorrow! I totally recommend it. It's amazing because your hair doesn't feel all knotted and ravaged after henna & indigo like it does after chemical dye. That was the thing that stood out completely in my first hennindigo experience. It rinsed smooth out with CO. Just keep in mind: it takes a long time, and the indigo is really really stinky :tbear:. But alas for beauty we must suffer! And it can't smell worse than the water under the Goethals Bridge.:lol:

Tomato
November 18th, 2009, 08:04 AM
I' ve been doing roots only for quit a while now, it took me some patience in the beginning ( I have a tendency to slosh around) but the results are always convincing.
If you take a two step process or a mixture of henna and indigo depends on oyur own preferences.
Good luck!

mugglemomof3
November 30th, 2009, 01:26 PM
I dye a portion of my daughter's hair black with a two-step henna and indigo process. Two hours of henna followed immediately by one hour of indigo. Works like a charm.