PDA

View Full Version : Biotin supplementation vs. washing/conditioning with a biotin product

PrincessFurball
November 7th, 2009, 08:03 AM
I'm just wondering if anyone has any feedback on taking biotin as a supplement versus washing and conditioning their hair with shampoo/conditioner which contains biotin. Do you feel that biotin shampoo/conditioner made a difference for your hair?

Is using products that contain biotin similar to using products that contain protein, or not?

Carolyn
November 7th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Well a biotin supplement works from within. It would only affect the new hair grown since you started taking the biotin. The biotin S & C would only affect the hair you have already grown. I'd say it's an apples and oranges kind of thing. I've used Jason Biotin S & C and while it was OK, it didn't do anything miraculous for my hair.

PrincessFurball
November 7th, 2009, 09:50 AM
I wonder if your scalp absorbs some of the biotin when using a product containing it, thereby affecting the new growth? I don't suppose it would be the same as taking a supplement even so, though.

Sissy
November 7th, 2009, 09:56 AM
I own a few biotin shampoos or conditioners. I own the Jason Biotin Shampoo and Conditioner and, as stated above, it's a really nice product but I don't think it did anything in terms of extra growth.

I also purchased Biotene H-24 Natural Conditioner with Biotin and Mill Creeks Botanical Biotin Conditioner but haven't used either of them enough to know if they make a difference in growth or health of hair.

Many V05 conditioners I own contain biotin as like the last ingredient so I doubt that makes a difference.

Hope this helps!