PDA

View Full Version : The Biggest Loser ***10/20 Spoiler Alert***

Tresses
October 20th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Yes, it's hair related. :lol:

If you haven't yet seen tonight's episode and still want to, don't read any further.

OK...Dina was sent home. Dina, as you may recall, had lovely, oiled, hip length, curly, black hair. So, after she's home and lost more weight, she decides to go for a makeover.

What does the hairdresser say to her? "You have hair that most women would kill for!" or words to that effect.

What does the hairdresser do with said amazing hair? She chops it off, bleaches it, and straightens it so that it no longer resembles that beautiful hair most women would kill for.

:brickwall

Merkaba
October 20th, 2009, 08:18 PM
I saw her on the biggest loser-thought the hair was awesome. Not surprised it was ruined by television stylists.

Tresses
October 20th, 2009, 08:20 PM
I saw her on the biggest loser-thought the hair was awesome. Not surprised it was ruined by television stylists.

She went to a stylist in her hometown after she was sent home, not a studio stylist.

I was yelling at the TV. My husband had to tell me to calm down. :lol:

Sissy
October 20th, 2009, 08:36 PM
yes, I was also disappointed in her new hair style. Too bad! However, if it helps her to feel she's a new person and starting over then that's good... it's all about her in her journey after all :)

Tresses
October 20th, 2009, 08:45 PM
yes, I was also disappointed in her new hair style. Too bad! However, if it helps her to feel she's a new person and starting over then that's good... it's all about her in her journey after all :)

It's not that she changed her hair that frustrated me. She can do whatever she wants with it. It's that the hairdresser would tell her just how fabulous her hair is...and then change it completely!

Flaxen
October 20th, 2009, 08:56 PM
All along I've been dreading the makeover segment the show always does because I just knew they'd cut off her hair, so although I was sad to see her go, I was secretly relieved that she avoided that. :lol:

BUT THEN SHE WENT HOME AND DID IT HERSELF! :wail:

Oh well. It's her hair, and she's beautiful. And how cute is her son/bestest trainer! :inlove:

ETA: And yes, total eyesprain over the stylist who said, "You've got hair most women would kill for," and then changed it completely. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

spidermom
October 20th, 2009, 09:05 PM
I guess the hair stylist saw her hair as raw material. You know - like a seamstress will go out and pick a gorgeous bolt of silk but not because she plans to leave it as she found it.

Tresses
October 20th, 2009, 09:10 PM
All along I've been dreading the makeover segment the show always does because I just knew they'd cut off her hair, so although I was sad to see her go, I was secretly relieved that she avoided that. :lol:

BUT THEN SHE WENT HOME AND DID IT HERSELF! :wail:

Oh well. It's her hair, and she's beautiful. And how cute is her son/bestest trainer! :inlove:

ETA: And yes, total eyesprain over the stylist who said, "You've got hair most women would kill for," and then changed it completely. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

LOL @ eyesprain. :lol:

I totally forgot about the makeover episode! Yeah, she would've lost those curls then for sure. ::sigh::

And her son is adorable. What did he say to her when she went home for that week? "You run this fast at the ranch?" :bigeyes: So cute!

I guess the hair stylist saw her hair as raw material. You know - like a seamstress will go out and pick a gorgeous bolt of silk but not because she plans to leave it as she found it.

I suppose so. I just found it ironic. It struck me as along the same lines as, "You have beautiful hair. You should donate it to LoL!"

Flynn
October 20th, 2009, 09:23 PM

Either this, or the stylist just did what she asked for.

When I lopped my (dry, frizzy, unmanageable, teenaged) waist-length hair the first time, the hairdresser would not do what I wanted. He refused to cut it any shorter than shoulder-ish, and did not want to cut it at all. I really did not want it that length; I'd had it that long years before and HATED it. It just made a disgusting fluffy triangle. I wanted a pixie. I didn't care how beautiful he thought my hair was, I wanted what I wanted.

(Incidentally, he made me a deal; he'd cut it twice for half price each time. First to just above shoulder, and then I could come back in two weeks if I didn't regret that and get the rest chopped off. Were it not for the fact that I knew how skillful this guy was, I would not have taken him up on this.)

plainjanegirl
October 20th, 2009, 09:38 PM
I always thought her long hair was so pretty....and I envied those curls.
It's still pretty with the new look too, but I think she will find that being a busy mom it is more to upkeep and will probably grow back out later on.

yogachic
October 20th, 2009, 09:40 PM
I found the hairdresser's comment very odd, because of what he did to the hair. It didn't make sense.

adiapalic
October 20th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Hairdresser: "You have hair that most women would kill for!" *Now let me just cut it all off and make it look completely different from that, so you'll look like like everyone else*

Um... logic here? :mad:

patience
October 20th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Oh no! I'm watching the voting right now. How sad. I really loved her hair and worried about the makeover show. I'm scared to watch the TV now.... It's like a horror/thriller...yelling at the screen "Don't go in the salon!"