PDA

View Full Version : vodka and cayenne pepper for hair growth!??!

khyathi
October 14th, 2009, 04:55 AM
I was just googling around and i found this...:rolleyes:

Cayenne Pepper Hair Tonic - the ability of this herb to irritate the skin, increase blood flow and stimulate cell division is well known.
Recipe: mix four ounces of cayenne pepper with one pint of one hundred proof vodka or pure alcohol diluted with 20 percent distilled water. Let it stand for two weeks, shaking the mixture once each day. Strain through several layers of fine cloth until the mixture is free of pepper. Once or twice a day, rub a small amount onto the thinning areas of the scalp.

did anyone of you hear about this??? :confused:i searched the forum and dint find anything related.
is this true or just an illusion?
i also found many similar articles about this.
just google 'vodka & cayenee pepper for hair growth'

Katze
October 14th, 2009, 05:30 AM
I think this is another folk myth.

I tried cayenne for a while and didn't notice any difference. My hair seems to grow new hairs fast but I also am physically active and eat a lot of spicy foods (but no vodka). Also, I doubt alcohol is good for your scalp.

As with so many things it is difficult to weed out what is happening when there are so many factors involved, and many people like to jump to conclusions...

Gothic Lolita
October 14th, 2009, 06:15 AM
I'm not sure if the vodka is a good thing, especially for people with dry skin. Many warming spices are said to increase growth and if one hasn't a bad reaction, I doubt it hurts. But I'd leave the alcohol away.

Just thought of it: Maybe if one has a funghus the eats the follicles this might help. The alcohol disinfects the scalp and maybe chayenne also helps.

kdaniels8811
October 14th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Blast, I thought you meant to DRINK the vodka to get faster hair growth....

cobblersmaid
October 14th, 2009, 09:57 AM
I tried the pepper thing a few years ago. First time I felt nothing. The second time, I got it in my eye!

That was the end of that.

I wish drinking vodka helped hair growth!

ademtce
October 14th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Blast, I thought you meant to DRINK the vodka to get faster hair growth....

hahaha...

---
this almost sounds like making your own Vanilla Extract, its almost the same thing except you just but vanilla beans in jar and wait a month...

Catladyintown
October 14th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Hi khyathi I tried this around two years ago. I bought the best vodka and followed the recipe to the tee. The biggest problem I had was that I got drunk threw my scalp.:o Remember it soaks threw the skin. I also had a terrible headache. I tried it around 5 or 6 times hoping that I good get use to it, because I used very good vodka. But I still had headache and got drunk a couple of times. I believe it was the first two time I got drunk and the other time I had a headache. Ouch. There are other ways to help grow strong hair. Just make your own EO's hair oil.HTH

Madame J
October 14th, 2009, 12:16 PM
I'm not sure if the vodka is a good thing, especially for people with dry skin. Many warming spices are said to increase growth and if one hasn't a bad reaction, I doubt it hurts.

I actually developed a skin rash from using cayenne. I would definitely recommend a patch test at least before putting it on your scalp.

khyathi
October 14th, 2009, 10:59 PM
hmmm...so another myth busted! thank god i dint try it after reading it!!!

ChloeDharma
October 15th, 2009, 12:03 AM
You can infuse the cayenne in oil instead of the vodka. I keep meaning to make it.....but like so many things never get around to doing. I do add cayenne to herb conditioner mixes and henna mixes though.
On the old board there were a few threads on cayenne, i remember one member added it to their shampoo or conditioner and had positive results from that.

sweetstaste
October 15th, 2009, 08:49 AM
It is a well know fact that people have been using the cayenne pepper infused in the oils of their choice as well as shampoos etc. It is said that the pepper encourages blood circulation. I would rather use peppermint oil mixed with a carrier oil as I get the same tingling sensation. The use of vodka is common throughout times. Many people uses the vodka as a clarifier to get rid of grease and build up. Some people also use it in shampoos to stimulate hair growth.

RavennaNight
October 15th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Oh just cut to the chase and get a bottle of Absolut Peppar. :hooched:

Aer
October 16th, 2009, 03:29 AM
I do this every two weeks. Actually I use jalapenos, and ginger soaked in vodka. Sometimes I soak it in oil, and I massage it in. It works okay for me. My scalp usually feels pretty happy, and I think it is due to this recipe. It may not work for everyone, but I've had luck with it.

nmarie33
October 16th, 2009, 09:52 AM
I drink vodka and eat hot sauce every day, works for me. Don't waste booze and peppers by rubbing them on your head!

sweetstaste
October 16th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Hahahaha, that is so funny. Just the smell of vodka would make me want to sleep, on the other hand I consume hot pepper daily!

spidermom
October 16th, 2009, 11:58 AM
What!? I don't get to drink the vodka? Forget it then!

RavennaNight
October 16th, 2009, 03:34 PM
I drink vodka and eat hot sauce every day, works for me. Don't waste booze and peppers by rubbing them on your head!

:rollin: the visualization of this is just priceless.

girlcat36
October 16th, 2009, 03:53 PM
I have always wanted to try cayenne infused oil on my scalp. What I tried instead was a skin cream with cayenne and MSM in it.
Sounded good!
That stuff burned for days. Washing or just wetting my hair in the shower burnt my face and neck. It would get on my pillowcase and in my eyes. I applied it 3 different times, and that was the end of that!

This is the first time I confessed to this! :rolleyes:

No--wait--second time I confessed! I did confess I did this when DH came home after being pepper sprayed in the face for job training.
I wanted to be able to commiserate with him! :p