View Full Version : Curlformers...

Bianca
July 11th, 2009, 07:15 AM
I recieved my curlformers yesterday. They cost a fortune, but I think they are worth it. I got cute curls, without any damage :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2008&pictureid=44185

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2008&pictureid=44186

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2008&pictureid=44188

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2008&pictureid=44187

I ordered them from doeli.com. They were great, nice service.

GlassEyes
July 11th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Oh, they are nice curls. Very pretty! :D

Elphie
July 11th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Great curls, they look very cute on you!

Idun
July 11th, 2009, 07:30 AM
Thank you so much for this tip! :cheese: I have never seen anything like it before.

Do you feel it is as easy to use as shown in the video?

Shypii90
July 11th, 2009, 07:34 AM
wow! those curls look amazing like for a formal event or to enhance your look! they really suit you :D

like ringlets.. is that your natural colour? if so then it's really vivid and golden :)

Bianca
July 11th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Thank you so much for this tip! :cheese: I have never seen anything like it before.

Do you feel it is as easy to use as shown in the video?

I thought it was easy yes. And i'm normally not good at this stuff, can't do any decent updoes or anything :p

Just make sure to tuck the hair a little into the curlformer before you pull :)

Bianca
July 11th, 2009, 07:47 AM
wow! those curls look amazing like for a formal event or to enhance your look! they really suit you :D

like ringlets.. is that your natural colour? if so then it's really vivid and golden :)

Thank you :D

No, it's not my natural color. You can check my album if you like. I think it's the light. I noticed it too. Irl it's not that pretty :rolleyes:

plainjanegirl
July 11th, 2009, 07:48 AM
You got some amazing curls there!!

Idun
July 11th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Wow! This is clearly going on my wishlist. Your hair looks gourgous with the curls!

LilyMunster
July 11th, 2009, 09:17 AM
I saw those at Sally's and the price was reasonable.
Now seeing that they work, I may wander back over to the store.

patience
July 11th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Very pretty! I love spiral curls.

Bianca
July 11th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Wow! This is clearly going on my wishlist. Your hair looks gourgous with the curls!

Thank you :flower:

manderly
July 11th, 2009, 04:34 PM
They look adorable on you :D

bakertwins2004
July 11th, 2009, 06:34 PM
OMG I am SOOOOOO buying some of these.

nowxisxforever
July 11th, 2009, 07:46 PM
How cute! I'm pretty sure my hair is too long though :[

coppercurls
July 11th, 2009, 09:08 PM
I have seen those at Sally's & wondered how they worked. You look great with curls.:)

Bianca
July 12th, 2009, 06:23 AM
How cute! I'm pretty sure my hair is too long though :[

I'v heard that if you have really long hair, you can put 2 curlformers on one piece of hair. But that would be a lot of work and quite expensive :)

Manderly and coppercurls : Thanks :joy:

redneckprincess
July 12th, 2009, 08:11 AM
I seen them at sallys the other day are they hard to use? how long do you leave them in?

Idun
July 12th, 2009, 09:30 AM
I'v heard that if you have really long hair, you can put 2 curlformers on one piece of hair. But that would be a lot of work and quite expensive :)

I asked the Doeli-folks about long hair. This is their reply:

"The longest curlformers are:
extra long & wide: approximately 22,5 cm, stretched approximately 26,5 cm
long and narrow: approximately 20 cm, stretched approximately 24 cm

For really long hair, you can easily add more than 1 CF onto the same strand. Just make sure they butt up next to each other."

nowxisxforever
July 12th, 2009, 02:53 PM

Manderly and coppercurls : Thanks :joy:

Hmmm, maybe.

I might get a pack of the long ones so I can experiment with leaving bits of hair in the front out and down and curled.... Hmmm.

Cherry_Sprinkle
July 12th, 2009, 02:55 PM
wow, I've never heard of or seen these before! but I think I might invest in some too!

manderly
July 12th, 2009, 03:43 PM
I seen them at sallys the other day are they hard to use? how long do you leave them in?

You use them on damp hair, and you kind of use a crochet hook, stick it through the curlformer, and you hook a clump of hair and pull it through the curlformer. They look quite easy to use :)

Bianca
July 13th, 2009, 09:03 AM
You use them on damp hair, and you kind of use a crochet hook, stick it through the curlformer, and you hook a clump of hair and pull it through the curlformer. They look quite easy to use :)

Yep. Manderly beat me to it :D I thought they were super easy to use.

Even on day 3 I loved the slight wave I had left. I'm considering using them after each shower. My hair just never looks as full and bouncy as when I used these... :p

DolphinPrincess
July 13th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Bianca - Did you use any sort of product!? I really want to try these now! Just adding them to my list!

mellie
August 2nd, 2009, 05:34 AM
Wow, Bianca, your hair is beautiful!!

Thanks, Manderly, for the suggestion that I check out this thread!! I've been wanting spiral curls!

I think I definitely will be buying these at Sally's and giving them a try!

Bianca
August 2nd, 2009, 07:43 AM
Bianca - Did you use any sort of product!? I really want to try these now! Just adding them to my list!

Sorry for the late reply. No, I didn't use anything. Just some leave in conditioner... :)

heatherdazy
August 2nd, 2009, 10:05 AM
Wow, looks just like a curling iron.

Cynder
August 2nd, 2009, 10:25 AM
So pretty!

I might have to pick some up when my hair gets a little longer.

Garnet66
August 2nd, 2009, 10:32 AM
Those are some pretty curls you have there. I love those sprirals.

Starr
August 5th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Has anyone with longer hair tried this yet (below waist)?

nowxisxforever
August 5th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Has anyone with longer hair tried this yet (below waist)?

I've been thinking about it, but don't want to spend 120$ on curlers. :|

Rose J.
August 5th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Your hair looks beautiful, and it looks like the curlformers worked really well! I suppose this might be a little off topic, but what is your hair type? (I have curly hair and wonder what would happen if I used these.)

bakertwins2004
August 5th, 2009, 03:13 PM
I would personally skip em. ESP for longer hair. My hair HATED them and I ended up taking them back.

redneckprincess
August 5th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Your hair looks beautiful, and it looks like the curlformers worked really well! I suppose this might be a little off topic, but what is your hair type? (I have curly hair and wonder what would happen if I used these.)

I still have yet to try them on my daughters hair, hers is pretty curly ( you can look at her album to see) I havent hair typed her just yet

Jessaka
August 5th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Your hair looks great with them!

I think it's cool, wonder if it would work with my hair...mine is about waist length. Hm. I wonder...is there anywhere else to order them besides the original site and the doeli site? I really don't want to end up spending an arm and a leg..and they're not available locally - well according to the list of stores that carry them haha.