PDA

View Full Version : Length for Knots

PhillyGirl1978@
July 2nd, 2009, 09:37 AM
Ok so I am well past BSL on my way to waist. I usually just wear a hair stick and a peacock twist. Recently I have noticed some cool looking knots on Youtube. I'm not long enough for the Celtic Knot, I really just love the idea of tying your hair in a knot and maybe using a clip or hairstick to secure...or actually getting it to stay up alone. Also I think they look pretty cool. I did just realize that I could tie into a low pony or a high pony just using a strand of my hair. I just wrapped it around and took one of those teeny-weeny claw clips and secured the loose end of the strand behind my ear.

Anyway....do you guys know of any knots I can successfully do at this length or do I need to wait until I'm waist?

Roseate
July 2nd, 2009, 01:05 PM
Thick hair needs to be much longer to make effective 'knot' type styles, because it takes more length to wrap around itself (if that makes any sense). I've never been able to knot my hair successfully, but it's never been much more than waist length, so I have hope for the future!

You may not be able to do any yet; if you want to avoid major hairstyle envy, don't go look at any updo albums from those i/ii folks- they can make all kinds of crazy cool twisty updos at APL, while we have to wait!