PDA

View Full Version : Just found this new updo ...

mtstorm
June 16th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Hi,
I found a video for a no ties, pins or clips bun and it actually works! :D Although, it did take a couple tries to figure it out. So, I thought I would share. Here it is (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N08Ikn5lcyA&feature=related).

Sherri
June 16th, 2009, 09:49 AM
This is really neat and looks so easy I will have to give it a try.
Thanks for the link:flowers:

Periwinkle
June 16th, 2009, 10:24 AM
I saw that a couple of days ago, but couldn't get ito hold even for a second. I think it's because my length/thickness combination means I can only get 1 1/2 coils.

Anje
June 16th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Doesn't want to stay for me either.

What does work reasonably well (at least for long and fairly thin hair) is to start a celtic knot bun (overhand knot with a draw loop, for whatever other people out there think of buns as knots), make the draw loop a bit big, then wrap the tail around the base a bit. Finally, pull the draw loop over the whole knob. Not particularly interesting-looking, but it stays better than an inside-out bun when I don't have so much as a pencil to tie the hair back.

Jessikinz
June 16th, 2009, 10:50 AM
I seen this one awhile ago and like the look of it. It falls out quite a bit though for me.

Kina
June 16th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Doesn't want to stay for me either.

What does work reasonably well (at least for long and fairly thin hair) is to start a celtic knot bun (overhand knot with a draw loop, for whatever other people out there think of buns as knots), make the draw loop a bit big, then wrap the tail around the base a bit. Finally, pull the draw loop over the whole knob. Not particularly interesting-looking, but it stays better than an inside-out bun when I don't have so much as a pencil to tie the hair back.

You just described my default bun!

Torrin Paige
June 16th, 2009, 10:52 AM
I saw this a couple of weeks ago and got it to hold. Unfortunately it ends up giving me "alien cranium" much like the French twist. :p I think I just have to0 much hair. It's an awesome 'do, though.

Bunnyhare
June 16th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Thanks for sharing this..I can't get it to stay at all:(...I guess it's back to pins and bands on the wrist LOL

mtstorm
June 16th, 2009, 10:57 AM
I have to hold it at the base through the whole processes otherwise it ended up getting too tight and I couldn't get the bun under the hair. I got it to work with dry hair and wet hair, the wet one is a little bit more secure though.

Anje
June 16th, 2009, 10:58 AM
You just described my default bun!

Does it have a name? Because I rather like "Default Bun"!

Savvyhorsez
June 16th, 2009, 11:24 AM
What a neat idea! I've tried it a couple of times, but it just seems to shake loose. I think I'm going to try it a different way to see how it turns out if I have the ponytail start from a little bit to the side.

Thanks for the link!:)

Edit, I found that if you make the ponytail a bit off center from where you grab the extra hair at, it works better for me. Now if I can just center it properly so it's not lopsided!:)

enfys
June 16th, 2009, 11:32 AM
No luck so far but I'm going to keep on trying.

I'd love to be able to rely on bands less so I'd love to nail this.

Is there an article or anything for the default bun because I don't understand.

SimplyViki
June 16th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Oh that. Hehe. Wanna see mine? It gives me alien head!
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g314/vharrod/noname-1.jpg

concrescence
June 16th, 2009, 11:55 AM
I saw this a month or so ago and though it looked neat, but I can't get it to stay for even a minute. I guess my hair is still too short.

I like the alien head look, btw, as my head it rather unnaturally flat on the back.

ecologystudent
June 16th, 2009, 06:41 PM
That's really funny, because that's exactly what I do with the short pieces next to my face when I'm twiddling my hair. I was actually waiting for my hair to get long enough to do in in back, but I guess she beat me to it.

coolbreeze212
June 16th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Thanks for posting. I need to try this.

Nyghtingale
June 16th, 2009, 09:05 PM
I can't get it to stay either, but cute, on her

CaityBear
June 16th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Very cute. I don't know if I would be able to get it to sit right. I tried a couple times, but it's not really sitting correctly.

I like to use pencils. I wear them at school if I forget to bring a hair stick and I just make sure it's kind of sharp and go slow and twist and turn it a lot so it doesn't tug on my hair. lol

I do love this updo though. Very pretty looking.

mtstorm
June 16th, 2009, 09:40 PM
I have now tried to wear it all day. Although, it is easy it lasted for about 8 hours when I put my hair up wet. After it fell down and is mostly dry it now only stays up for a couple hours before I have to redo it. Still easy and quick though. :)

Gingevere
June 16th, 2009, 10:34 PM
What a coincidence... I just watched that video not half an hour before I saw this thread! Anyway, I love it. Worked for me on the first try. :)

Gothic Lolita
June 17th, 2009, 12:56 AM
Haven't tried it yet, but then again, I'm a bun-moron and it mostly likely won't work for me. But I must say that it is a great video and I, as a German, could understand the girl perfectly, which isn't always teh case! She spoke very clearly!

Calanthe
June 17th, 2009, 03:10 AM
Oh, that looks great - I'm going to try. Although I don't think it will stay without pins or a fork/stick. Slippery hair again...

Thank's for sharing...