PDA

View Full Version : Jojoba oiling question

BrianaFineHair
April 8th, 2008, 06:36 PM
I tried my first jojoba oiling - trying to concentrate on my scalp but by the time I get to the scalp it seems like the hair takes all of the oil.

I used coconut oil tonight for the first time on my ends. I wanted to concentrate the jojoba on my scalp. It was just hard, or so it seems, to get the oil on the scalp instead the hair.

I hope I'm making sense. Does anyone have any certain technique to really get down to the scalp?

akurah
April 8th, 2008, 06:40 PM
In the past I would liquify the oil and use an eyedropper to get past the hair.

BrianaFineHair
April 8th, 2008, 06:50 PM
In the past I would liquify the oil and use an eyedropper to get past the hair.

akurah, that's exactly what I need to use. I just kept thinking there had to be a better way and more effecient way.

Thanks ;)

ChloeDharma
April 8th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Some people use cotton wool dipped in oil.....but with Jojoba that would be expensive.
What about transferring it to a bottle with a nozzle?

BrianaFineHair
April 8th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Some people use cotton wool dipped in oil.....but with Jojoba that would be expensive.
What about transferring it to a bottle with a nozzle?

Hi ChloeDharma, :) I think a dropper or bottle with a nozzle (like a color applicator bottle) will do the trick. I'll use whichever one I get a hold of first.

When my rosemary eo comes in I may try it mixed with evoo because the jojoba is on the expensive side. I'll smell like dinner! :D

ChloeDharma
April 8th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Hi ChloeDharma, :) I think a dropper or bottle with a nozzle (like a color applicator bottle) will do the trick. I'll use whichever one I get a hold of first.

When my rosemary eo comes in I may try it mixed with evoo because the jojoba is on the expensive side. I'll smell like dinner! :D

Hiya :waving:
Lol well, there are much worse things to smell of.....i often smell like a curry so you're not alone ;)

You could always add a bit of Jojoba to the EVOO if you want the properties of it, but yes....it's pricey stuff for regular heavy oilings, that's why i generally keep mine for light oilings occasionally.
Rosemary is fantastic stuff.....just as a rule of thumb make sure whenever you choose an EO look up contraindications. Most are fairly safe, but some can be unsuitable for certain health conditions.....i think Rosemary EO might be one of those "use with caution" for those with high blood pressure, but i might be wrong.

ETA Ooooh i just noticed you have a picture of rosemary for your avatar.....such a beautiful herb......i really miss having mine outside my door. Now i'm not there picking it at my dads it's turned into a monster! Lol....but don't you just love the smell of it when it rains and you walk past......ok, i'll shut up going off topic all rambly style!