PDA

View Full Version : tonights the night..

cupcakeblonde
April 3rd, 2008, 10:02 PM
Im trying a cinnamon lightening treatment. I figured if i can lighten without bleach, then im happy :)
Will post before and after pics IF there is any change :)

Starr
April 3rd, 2008, 10:19 PM
Sounds interesting! I look forward to seeing your results.

Nat242
April 4th, 2008, 02:18 AM
Let me know how you go! I've been trying to lighten the purplish tones parts of my hair have, using lemon juice, EVOO, and honey...last night I added some cinnamon. I noticed a slight difference - but I could be imagining it, because I didn't leave it on for very long. I'll try again tonight!

-- Natalie

ILikeTreefrogs
April 4th, 2008, 03:54 AM
Good luck! I hope it goes well for you!

Celebrian
April 4th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Very interested in this. How fascinating. Awaiting your developments... :D

rx queen.
April 4th, 2008, 10:47 AM
hear, hear!

like others, anxiously awaiting results =)

mellie
April 4th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Yes, can't wait to see!! :-)

prosperina
April 4th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Let us know how you did it as well. :)

cupcakeblonde
April 4th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Well just hopped out of the shower after spening the last 9 hours covered in cinnamon, egg yolk and oil, whilst my hair is still wet at the moment, I dont notice any difference. Will post back once it dries. I said to hubby last night, guess what cinnamon does to your hair, to which he replied, nothing but make it stink LOL. He hates the smell of cinnamon, i lurve it! :D
Will post back shortly :)

cupcakeblonde
April 5th, 2008, 05:36 AM
nope, nothing, zilch. No change whatsoever in the colour department, only turned my hair dry :(

ktani
April 5th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Sorry to hear that it did not work out and that your hair is dry.

However, it may just have been your recipe.

Cinnamon mixed with conditioner has been reported to lighten.

Cinnamon mixed with honey and EVOO and conditioner has been reported to lighten - pictures from the Honey thread.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=48980&postcount=167

The recipe used
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=48669&postcount=163

In those cases I believe a key factor was the moisture content of the recipe, (honey needs constant moisture to release peroxide - cinnamon I think, does as well ), keeping the hair moist during the treatment by covering the hair in plastic and washing the hair after the treatment - with honey use to remove possible residue - a weak vinegar rinse works for that too.

You could try modifying your recipe, leaving out the egg yolk, which coats the hair, cutting down on the oil - try switching to EVOO, not using too much of that either - and using conditioner on wet hair. Most conditioners contain a fair amount of water.