PDA

View Full Version : 2 - 3" in 3 weeks - amazing oil (?)

Eirinn
March 29th, 2008, 02:34 PM
http://www.grow-long-hair-fast.com/product.html What do you think about it?:confused:

Requiax
March 29th, 2008, 02:38 PM
As the saying goes, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Morag
March 29th, 2008, 02:51 PM
I've been told that average hair growth is about 1/2 inch per month, although I know some people's hair naturally grows much faster than that. I'd have to wonder, if a product actually could speed hair growth to such an amazing degree, what it might be doing to the rest of your physiology to create that effect. *shudder*

k_hepburn
March 29th, 2008, 02:56 PM
I agree with Requiax - if anybody had invented something that would actually deliver the various promises they make (it's supposed to put a stop on hair graying, too !!!), then it would be all over the news (well, the magazine version of the news, at least), soon to be putting L'Oreal, Garnier and Schwarzkopf out of business. However, I don't see them binning their hair care lines quite yet.

What really annoys me is all that blabber about "secret ingredients" on their website, for three of which they offer flowery meaningless discriptions on their site without naming them. Presumably the legal rules on disclosing the ingredients to any cosmetic product (the INCI list) apply to this product as well as to any other on the market, so by the time you hold their product in your hands you are bound to find out what the "secret ingredients" are. So all this talk of "secret ingredients" is presumably nothing but an attempt to hoodwink potential customers.

katharine

k_hepburn
March 29th, 2008, 02:58 PM
I've been told that average hair growth is about 1/2 inch per month, although I know some people's hair naturally grows much faster than that. I'd have to wonder, if a product actually could speed hair growth to such an amazing degree, what it might be doing to the rest of your physiology to create that effect. *shudder*

You'd better watch out to apply it to the scalp area only and not to get any on your hands, face, or any other part of the body ... :taz:

katharine

redbark
March 29th, 2008, 03:43 PM
The site is fraught with glaring lies and tall claims.

I am not sure what the Brahmi or Brahimi (Site cites both these spellings)girls are or whether they were in Guiness book of world records (nor do I feel inclined to find out).

Nor do I know what Procepia is!!! :silly:

akurah
March 29th, 2008, 03:49 PM
The site is fraught with glaring lies and tall claims.

I am not sure what the Brahmi or Brahimi (Site cites both these spellings)girls are or whether they were in Guiness book of world records (nor do I feel inclined to find out).

Nor do I know what Procepia is!!! :silly:

It's a misspelling of Propecia, a treatment for male pattern baldness.

anna1850
March 29th, 2008, 04:02 PM
I am no scientist but from experience as a woman- I would expect with that kind of hostile environment that you and I would automatically have frizzy, damaged and uncontrollable hair …and we certainly wouldn’t expect to grow hair fast under these conditions…
Hmm, do I want to buy a product from someone who starts sentences with 'I'm no scientist but...'

I did a search for info on these 'Brahmi girls.' I didn't find anything about them but did find a lot of hair products with Brahmi oil. eg
http://www.chakrastones.com/products/Massage-Oil/Brahmi-Hair-Oil/1526/1/1

redbark
March 29th, 2008, 04:59 PM
It's a misspelling of Propecia, a treatment for male pattern baldness.

Lol I know that...I was just mocking them. Their site is littered with spelling mistakes and glaring lies.

Nynaeve
March 29th, 2008, 07:05 PM
You'd better watch out to apply it to the scalp area only and not to get any on your hands, face, or any other part of the body ... :taz:

katharine

Agreed, but imagine what kind of toll it will take on your body to expend that much energy and resources just towards your hair.

For example, most antiperspirants for your underarms reduce the sweating you generate in that particular area, and distribute it to other parts of the body.
Would this not be the opposite? Taking energy and resources form the rest of your body and expending it at the hair area?

I remember on the old boards, one of the ladies who made one of the "monistat" threads stopped using it after a few months because she was afraid of what kind fo toll it might have on the rest of her body.

:shrug:

akurah
March 29th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Lol I know that...I was just mocking them. Their site is littered with spelling mistakes and glaring lies.

Oh, my bad. :cheese: You're definitely right there, you'd think a more legit site would at least spellcheck!

Accolady
March 29th, 2008, 07:11 PM
A few calls to the Better Business Bureau may alleviate
any questions. ;)

Three inches of growth in less than a month with a topical
product. Cough.

I feel sad for the numbers who will buy this product.
But it is yet another on the market.

Better to avoid this one, save your cash and nourish from the inside. :) KM

Accolady
March 29th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Same company:

http://www.fastmuscles.com/

Just think. Instant muscles AND long hair.
But wait, for only $99.95...
call now...
don't wait...
get your credit card and order today...

:shake:

sapphire-o
March 29th, 2008, 07:46 PM
My feeling after reading their description is this sounds like some typical Indian hair care products. Those secret ingredients sound very much like amla, brahmi, shikakai, tulsi...etc. I have no doubt those things are all beneficial to hair and might increase hair growth, but I doubt they can alter your genetics to make it grow that much faster.

Indian hair care products are good, and you can get them in Indian stores for quite cheap. :)

swan
March 29th, 2008, 08:04 PM
as others have said in one way or another, the writing style on their site should say it all. it's so sad that people buy into the ridiculous claims and waste their money on such products. but again, i myself have spent cash on producs only when i felt desperate with my shedding (though not on companies with nearly as nonsensical claims!) all that money can go to good food, and reliable dietary supplements if needs be. nothing will grow hair if it's not nourished from inside.

Mahars
March 29th, 2008, 08:16 PM
I agree. This looks like a total scam. Plus, if you look carefully at the bottles in the picture, most of them are Alterna products. They didn't even put in the effort to use a picture of their own product! I bet it doesn't exist.

Eirinn
March 30th, 2008, 02:44 AM
I thought so:patrol: It looks like they promisses a bunch of miracles that have never heppened to any woman on Earth, including no graying:magic: The way the site is written made me suspicious - it's kinda umm not very scientific:D All those exclamation signs and flowery blabber about those magical effects...

I've, however, have expirienced about 1.5" grow with brewer yeast pills - but it only worked few months

Eirinn
March 30th, 2008, 03:00 AM
Oh, I forgot - do you know any good thickening and scalp stimulating Indian or non-Indian oils and diet supplements?:) We don't have Indian shops here:undecided: