View Full Version : Want to see my newest fork??

rymorg2
February 2nd, 2009, 03:30 PM
Courtesy of the dh....he made it!!!!

I had to look down so it would show in the pic. It's black. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/BrunoandLillismama/Feb02119.jpg

How does it look?

karisaf
February 2nd, 2009, 03:33 PM
Wow, how awesome that your DH made it! How special :)

Now, can you tell me how you did that style?

Akiko
February 2nd, 2009, 03:35 PM
Arrrr. I envy you. Nice fork! What kind of wood is it?

rymorg2
February 2nd, 2009, 03:40 PM
Wow, how awesome that your DH made it! How special :)

Now, can you tell me how you did that style?

Thank you!

Yep....it's just 2 buns at my nape held in place with the fork. Usually I pull my hair into 2 ponytails first, then twist the buns, and occasionally will put another elastic OVER the buns to help hold them, then the fork through the whole thing.

rymorg2
February 2nd, 2009, 03:46 PM
Arrrr. I envy you. Nice fork! What kind of wood is it?

Hi Akiko thanks! I asked him and he bought two and now can't remember which. He knows one of the woods was maple but not sure about the other. It's got an ebony stain on it though.

Akiko
February 2nd, 2009, 03:51 PM
Hi Akiko thanks! I asked him and he bought two and now can't remember which. He knows one of the woods was maple but not sure about the other. It's got an ebony stain on it though.

It's niiiiice, rymorg2~! When I first saw the pic, I thought it was a new Baerreis or 60thstreet... Then it was your husband who made it for you. How sweet!:cheese:

rymorg2
February 2nd, 2009, 03:54 PM
It's niiiiice, rymorg2~! When I first saw the pic, I thought it was a new Baerreis or 60thstreet... Then it was your husband who made it for you. How sweet!:cheese:

Don't tell him that you'll give him a big ego.

I love it simply because he made it. Not bad for his first REAL try at them. :D

ktani
February 2nd, 2009, 04:03 PM
He is obviously very talented and learns fast. It looks awesome! You are very lucky both to have him and his talents, which he shares with you.

rymorg2
February 2nd, 2009, 04:04 PM
He is obviously very talented and learns fast. It looks awesome! You are very lucky both to have him and his talents, which he shares with you.

Thanks ktani, I'm a lucky rymorg! :D

Silver Strands
February 2nd, 2009, 04:05 PM
Very nice!
Did he use one of your existing forks as a template and what kind of tools did he use?

rymorg2
February 2nd, 2009, 04:07 PM
Very nice!
Did he use one of your existing forks as a template and what kind of tools did he use?

Thanks silver strands...

Yes, he did use one of my existing forks for a template....I THINK it was a 60th st. but I'm not sure. As for his tools, he got a dremel for Christmas and that and his saws and sandpaper and all that is all he used that I know of. I'll have to ask him when he comes home.

EtherealJane
February 2nd, 2009, 04:10 PM
How very sweet of your husband! My fiance loves his tools so I asked him if he could make me a fork... he said he'd try it! :cheese: I hope he will and that it turns out as nice as the one your husband made for you! He will be happy because that will mean he needs to buy a dremel (he doesn't have one of those yet... but just about every saw known to man, oy!).

Did he curve the wood at all? Thanks to your lovely article, I read that these have a tendency to be more comfy, but I imagine that would be a bit more tricky. Hmmm...

rymorg2
February 2nd, 2009, 04:13 PM
How very sweet of your husband! My fiance loves his tools so I asked him if he could make me a fork... he said he'd try it! :cheese: I hope he will and that it turns out as nice as the one your husband made for you! He will be happy because that will mean he needs to buy a dremel (he doesn't have one of those yet... but just about every saw known to man, oy!).

Did he curve the wood at all? Thanks to your lovely article, I read that these have a tendency to be more comfy, but I imagine that would be a bit more tricky. Hmmm...

Hi Jane! Thanks! My dh has every saw known to man too. :rolleyes:

No, he didn't curve it though he did say that he knows of a way to do it if I wanted him to in the future. I do have some forks that AREN'T curved as well, and this fork was VERY lightweight and comfortable. It's my heavier forks that get hard for me to keep in for any length when they aren't curved.

Silver Strands
February 2nd, 2009, 04:15 PM
Thanks silver strands...

Yes, he did use one of my existing forks for a template....I THINK it was a 60th st. but I'm not sure. As for his tools, he got a dremel for Christmas and that and his saws and sandpaper and all that is all he used that I know of. I'll have to ask him when he comes home.

I need to get a Dremel for myself. It would be great to buy diamondwood in all the colors you love and make sticks and forks for yourself.

rymorg2
February 2nd, 2009, 04:16 PM
I need to get a Dremel for myself. It would be great to buy diamondwood in all the colors you love and make sticks and forks for yourself.

That'd be great....though I do hear that dymondwood is a harder material to work with. And there are other materials you could use too.

Coriander
February 2nd, 2009, 04:21 PM
I think the best thing is that he made it for you... that is :heart: right there!!!

It's really beautiful. I love the style you have going on with it!

rymorg2
February 2nd, 2009, 04:23 PM
I think the best thing is that he made it for you... that is :heart: right there!!!

It's really beautiful. I love the style you have going on with it!

Thank you coriander....I agree....:inlove:

thanks! It's one of my staple do's.....my hair being as short as it is atm I have to do the updos that I can! LOL!