PDA

View Full Version : The Flexi-8 / Lilla Rose Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70

AngelInDisguise
December 30th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Please forgive me if this post is incorrect - I just could not find a thread as "The Baerreis-Thread" or the "Show me your Ficcare color" Thread so I would just like to open one as I am sure there are some awsome collections to be seen.

Picture is clickable:

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7094/hpim1223jz7.th.jpg (http://img139.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hpim1223jz7.jpg)

As you can see easily, my collection is still a small one - but then again I only have quite short hair at the moment. The collection is supposed to grow with the growing hair-length :eyebrows:

Mod note:

OK folks, it's clear that a mod has to step in and explain some things in here. The LHC vendor rules can be found here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=44940). The following is an excerpt.

Please remember that The Long Hair Community is a strictly non-commercial site. That means you may not use any part of the forums, including the private messaging system, for conducting business....
You may not:
post links to items using personal referral codes that give you bonuses or discounts on a website when other people use the code

Additional information applying to vendors
Vendors may:
add a link of your shop to our list of hair-toy links (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?p=307403#post307403)
include one link to your store or auctions in your profile
answer direct questions from other members about your products. Answer the question, but don´t use it as an opportunity to enable.
mention your shop in a blog-post once, after that all advertising must be limited to the links in the vendor list and your profile.
place an ad on LHC via Google Ads if you want more advertising. To do this, click the link at the top of each page that says "Advertise on this site" and apply directly to Google.

Vendors may not:
advertise for your shop in your signature - this means no links, logos, items etc. serving advertising purposes
sell items you made for sale - no shop leftovers, discounted B-quality or trial versions
post pictures of your wares - this includes the TLHC album section
offer to make items on a custom basis - no hints at it either
contact users via the forum to talk about your products
continually mention your own products or business/website
start threads that serve as nothing but advertising for yourself - including threads in the guise of soliciting feedback on your designs
ask, suggest or otherwise cajole your customers, friends or relatives to start advertising for you

What's all this mean?

Basically, if you stand to profit by it (in this case, as a consultant or host for a party), you are NOT permitted to post promotional images of products, even and especially if they were given to you by the company to post. That is advertising: if you want to advertise, you can buy an ad on the site.

You ARE permitted to post pictures taken by you, of things that you bought for your own PERSONAL use, just like any other member. If the mods start to feel like you're doing this as a way around the whole "no advertising" thing, we may end up having to change that. (That's a royal pain for us to try to enforce and results in grouchy moderators. We'd rather you not try to skirt the line, because we hate making judgement calls.)

You can (and are encouraged to) get a link to your consultant page in the list of vendors. You can't keep going around saying stuff like "I'm a Lilla-Rose consultant, I can get that for you." Drawing frequent attention to the fact that you're selling things makes you come across as someone who is here to drum up business, and one of the purposes to this forum being moderated is to keep it from becoming obnoxiously choked with selling and spam. Try to be conscientious of that, and you should be fine.

I hope that helps clarify things a bit.

Kerynna
December 30th, 2008, 08:03 AM
I have 5, 2 extra small (for my girls and for light half ups); 2 medium; and 1 small. The small is silver dragonfly, shown below. One of the mediums, in antique brass, is also shown.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=26977&albumid=2207&dl=1229282025&thumb=1

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=27097&albumid=2207&dl=1229383350&thumb=1

Iylivarae
December 30th, 2008, 08:27 AM
I think this thread is used for flexis:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=12474

eadwine
December 30th, 2008, 01:35 PM
As you can see easily, my collection is still a small one - but then again I only have quite short hair at the moment. The collection is supposed to grow with the growing hair-length :eyebrows:

Hey.. that bottom one.. what is up with its stick part? Not there? *bes curious*

trollkjerring
December 31st, 2008, 01:06 AM
Eadwine, the flexi with the black stick is an "Urflexi", not sure how they were called in English. I think this was how they looked at the beginning. We had a grouporder at the german hairboard and the Flexipeople made them for us:)
trollkjerring

eadwine
December 31st, 2008, 04:53 AM
How cool!! Thanks for explaining :) (I understood the German so it is clear there).

Phalaenopsis
December 31st, 2008, 01:14 PM
Oh I really liked Flexis in the beginning of my hairgrowing journey. Due to hairloss they don't fit as well anymore.
Still great toys though. I have some pictures somewhere, I'm sure, need to look into that one...

joyfulmom4
December 31st, 2008, 01:19 PM
I'm a big fan of flexi-8s. Of all the hairtoys I've tried, they are the easiest for me to use and the most secure. I use the XL size and can just manage to squeeze them around most updos. I would actually love an even larger version! I just bought some more XL's plus some size mediums in hopes those would be good for ponytails or half-updos. I love that the flexis have the notches in the stick so that the stick stays secure. And that the stick is attached so you don't lose it! I have had more compliments on Flexis than on any other hair accessories. I ordered five recently so I could get one free (buy4, get one free special) and I am totally excited to receive them. I can't say enough good things about them!

Oskimosa
January 1st, 2009, 11:59 AM
I'd really like to try flexi's next time I have some hairtoy cash to burn, but no matter where I read up I can't figure out which sizes would be best for me. I wish they'd list what hair circumferences can use what. I have a 5.5", but it's only APL so I won't be doing any french twists or anything yet. I guess I'd just use it for "tails up," ponys and half-ponys. Any suggestions?

eadwine
January 1st, 2009, 12:16 PM
Sounds like you need mediums for a twist, and a large for a bun, maybe even bigger. :)

LadyEliza
January 2nd, 2009, 10:24 PM
I just ordered two!

paper
January 3rd, 2009, 07:32 AM
I love Flexi-8's. I just returned a gold one I bought, I didn't like the color against my hair. I'm exchanging it for a silver and blue one. I'll post a pic when I get it.

lynnala
January 21st, 2009, 04:50 PM
I just got my first flexi-8, and I love it!!!! I just have my hair in a ponytail, but it feels SO much better than an elastic band, and I don't think it will tear any hair out. Why didn't I buy one of these earlier??!!

Linda K
January 24th, 2009, 02:27 PM
I have 5, 2 extra small (for my girls and for light half ups); 2 medium; and 1 small. The small is silver dragonfly, shown below. One of the mediums, in antique brass, is also shown.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=26977&albumid=2207&dl=1229282025&thumb=1

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=27097&albumid=2207&dl=1229383350&thumb=1

I LOVE dragonfly's! So pretty! (the do!):D

Loviatar
January 28th, 2009, 05:41 AM
I have a question about these babies. Is it possible to make or somehow create on the website 'custom' flexis in different colours? I have seen one with copper accents and I think a copper flexi would rock. Also, do they have certain clips in their stock which are not in their catalogue? I'm sure I've seen ones which aren't on their site.

Thanks.

rags
January 28th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Loviatar, I don't know about customizing them totally. I do know if you like one in a certain size and they don't have it in the size you want, they'll make if for you so my guess is they would be open to customizing? They're really great to work with, I'd ask them.

From what they told me, they change the designs out every three or four months, so you may have seen some older flexis they're not making right now. (I just ordered three more, because they just put up some new minis!)

eadwine
January 28th, 2009, 08:32 AM
I also know you can switch centerpieces :)

levelek
January 28th, 2009, 09:52 AM
I have a question about these babies. Is it possible to make or somehow create on the website 'custom' flexis in different colours? I have seen one with copper accents and I think a copper flexi would rock. Also, do they have certain clips in their stock which are not in their catalogue? I'm sure I've seen ones which aren't on their site.

Thanks.

Going by the last GO, they seem to be fairly flexible about customising. You have to email and ask them, though, you can't do it on the website. You will probably have to pay a little bit (a few dollars) extra. HTH!

wendyg
January 28th, 2009, 11:06 AM
You can *sort* of do it on the Website - eg, you can order a particular model and ask for the beads to be a different color, or have a different center.

What would be really cool - and is within their existing way of working - would be a Web site where you could design your own F8 - choose the base metal color, the center, and the colors of beads. For an extra fee in ordering, of course.

wg

paper
January 29th, 2009, 04:51 AM
I'm waiting for one to come in the mail! :cheese:

wendyg
January 29th, 2009, 05:35 AM
For example, this was a custom job: light sapphire (I think that's the color) beads with an eternity circle. They only have the eternity circle centers in clear and black...I think it came out well.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee36/gwyndred/logroll-f8-circle.jpg

wg

Melisande
January 29th, 2009, 06:11 AM
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/5569/dscf0151we8.th.jpg (http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf0151we8.jpg)

This is a part of our collection. The other part is in my daughters' room. We all love our flexis and use them all the time.

paper
January 29th, 2009, 11:45 AM
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/5569/dscf0151we8.th.jpg (http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf0151we8.jpg)

This is a part of our collection. The other part is in my daughters' room. We all love our flexis and use them all the time.

What a great collection! I love the small silver one with purple balls. :crush:

Katla
January 29th, 2009, 01:14 PM
I ordered five of them. They shipped two days ago, so now I'm hoping for a fast shipping time (and no customs!) over the Atlantic. They look awesome; I can't wait to get them!:cheese:

rags
January 29th, 2009, 08:06 PM
I am awaiting three of these; I already have five. I am in love with flexi-8's! They are the only thing I have found which will hold my fine, thin hair in a half-up.

paper
January 30th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Here's my small collection. The top 2 are XS, perfect for my ponytail, or peacock twist. I just got the Mini one on the bottom. It's perfect for my half ups.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd17/paper1962/MyFlexis.jpg

kwaniesiam
January 30th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Ooh very pretty! These things are my new obsession. I have 2 XS right now, a silver and a brass. I'm still waiting on a mini, I think it arrived but I had it sent to my house and right now I'm away at school :rolleyes:

paper
January 30th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Thanks! I hope you get yours soon!

rags
January 30th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Here's my small collection. The top 2 are XS, perfect for my ponytail, or peacock twist. I just got the Mini one on the bottom. It's perfect for my half ups.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd17/paper1962/MyFlexis.jpg

These are beautiful paper! I think I might have that same mini... I really like the blue XS, it's really pretty!

EchoAudra
January 30th, 2009, 10:33 PM
I recently got my first flexi-8 and I really like it but I got a medium and think I should have ordered a large. I guess that just gives me a good excuse to buy another :D Hmmm. I'm trying to figure out how to put the picture in the post but I can't get it to work but it's in my album if anyone wants to see it before I figure this out.

paper
January 31st, 2009, 04:20 AM
I recently got my first flexi-8 and I really like it but I got a medium and think I should have ordered a large. I guess that just gives me a good excuse to buy another :D Hmmm. I'm trying to figure out how to put the picture in the post but I can't get it to work but it's in my album if anyone wants to see it before I figure this out.

I love your flexi! I really need to get a purple one! If you write to flexi, they will let you exchange your flexi for a different size.

rags
January 31st, 2009, 07:23 AM

I think it's very pretty, and your french twist is gorgeous! I think we all need more flexis! :D

joyfulmom4
January 31st, 2009, 09:13 AM
I love everyone's Flexi pics. These are my current favorite hairtoy. I just love them. They work so well and are so beautiful.

A hint for EchoAudra and anyone else who needs a larger size hairtoy. I have found that if I have a hairtoy that is too small for my hair, I can sometimes make it work by creating a bun that is elongated and clasping the hairtoy over one end only. If I place it right and secure the ends of the hair, it will hold nicely. That way I can use more hairtoys!

Misso
January 31st, 2009, 10:46 PM
For example, this was a custom job: light sapphire (I think that's the color) beads with an eternity circle. They only have the eternity circle centers in clear and black...I think it came out well.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee36/gwyndred/logroll-f8-circle.jpg

wg

That looks great wendyg.

Misso
January 31st, 2009, 10:48 PM
Paper, such pretties.

Yeah Flexi-8s are great, they work and look pretty.

Katla
February 4th, 2009, 12:38 PM
My Flexi-8s arrived today (shipped Tuesday last week, got them today :D ) and I'm in love. They're much prettier than they looked on the page. The medium ones are perfect for a bun (that holds! The awesomeness of this cannot adequately be put into words!) and the small and extra-small ones will be good for updos with just part of my hair in it. I definitely need to buy more of these later on. They're amazing, and I could always use a mini and a large as well :cheese:

paper
February 5th, 2009, 02:27 AM
I know there SO pretty and best of all they work so well!

EtherealJane
February 5th, 2009, 07:13 AM
I think I need to get a flexi-8 too! I currently don't have anything that will hold a bun because I have 1 set of hair sticks, but they are cheapo plastic ones and my hair has too much slip :(

Linda K
February 6th, 2009, 01:37 PM
I'd really like to try flexi's next time I have some hairtoy cash to burn, but no matter where I read up I can't figure out which sizes would be best for me. I wish they'd list what hair circumferences can use what. I have a 5.5", but it's only APL so I won't be doing any french twists or anything yet. I guess I'd just use it for "tails up," ponys and half-ponys. Any suggestions?

At flexi8 - dot - com they have a page for sizing. How-to video's (I've never done up-do's so that was good for me!)

Lucky you! I've been looking at Quattro's on Ebay. Where do you all get your Flexi's? So far none on Ebay.

Iylivarae
February 6th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Lucky you! I've been looking at Quattro's on Ebay. Where do you all get your Flexi's? So far none on Ebay.

You can order them on the flexi-8-website, I think they don't put them up on ebay or etsy, for they have their own shop.

Linda K
February 6th, 2009, 03:11 PM
You can order them on the flexi-8-website, I think they don't put them up on ebay or etsy, for they have their own shop.

Ok, Thanks! Just wondered if there was another source for them. It's sure hard to decide when you're looking at one or two to get started!
I need something other than the jaw clip for putting mine up. I can't stand it for more than 2 hours max! Never mind getting cold. I very seldom ever put it up in the hot humid summer!:D

I think I have Night...(?) bookmarked already but I've seen the caution signs!:eyebrows:

paper
February 6th, 2009, 06:14 PM
I looked for them at ebay too!

You will love flexi's. Let us know it you buy one!

EtherealJane
February 7th, 2009, 07:38 AM
I have to be patient, but I think next month I will order 2 flexi-8s. They look perfect for me, as my hair is a little past BSL, but I have some shorter layers that make it difficult to use sticks. In the meantime, I need to figure out what size I need...

Iylivarae
February 7th, 2009, 08:21 AM
I have to be patient, but I think next month I will order 2 flexi-8s. They look perfect for me, as my hair is a little past BSL, but I have some shorter layers that make it difficult to use sticks. In the meantime, I need to figure out what size I need...
That was hard for me, too. I finally got two mediums, two larges and an extra large. I actually thought I'd get the mediums for french twists, but they are way too small, I only can do half-ups with them...

rags
February 7th, 2009, 08:24 AM

Ethereal Jane, I think you will love them. I have..hmm...six or eight I believe. They have been my saviours for half ups and ponys, as elastics tend to give me a headache. And they're really pretty!

If you go on the website, they have sizing videos; I found them to be fairly accurate. (I apparently need the same sizes as a six year old child, LOL).

And about the sticks; I can't use the plastic ones at all. They fall immediately out of my fine, slippery hair. But I have several pair of good quality wooden ones that work well. Just a thought!

EtherealJane
February 7th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Ethereal Jane, I think you will love them. I have..hmm...six or eight I believe. They have been my saviours for half ups and ponys, as elastics tend to give me a headache. And they're really pretty!

If you go on the website, they have sizing videos; I found them to be fairly accurate. (I apparently need the same sizes as a six year old child, LOL).

And about the sticks; I can't use the plastic ones at all. They fall immediately out of my fine, slippery hair. But I have several pair of good quality wooden ones that work well. Just a thought!
Uh oh... I didn't need to hear that! I've been coveting some of Nightshade's sticks on etsy, but told myself that I didn't need sticks yet. *Sigh*...

Cerenia
February 8th, 2009, 10:01 AM
I already own 11 flexi-8 and really love them.
Especially the ones which were special wishes. For example I have a XXL flexi-8, which still isn't available at the homepage :D

But I guess that won't have been the last order, because if they have new designs I'll certainly like another one again ^^

Denebi
February 8th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Hey Cerenia, would you be so kind as to show your XXL Flexi-8? Please! :)

Cerenia
February 8th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Sure, here it is :)
http://home.arcor.de/online-homepage/Haare/XXL-Flexi.jpg

And another one in my hair:
http://home.arcor.de/online-homepage/Haare/XXL-Flexi8.jpg

EtherealJane
February 8th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Ok, after watching the sizing video, I think I need a medium for full twists/buns, and an extra small for half ups (which I like to wear often). So I think that will be my first order! (In March, *sigh*)

Katla
February 8th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Cerenia, that's gorgeous! It looks so good with that bun :)

Denebi
February 8th, 2009, 10:23 AM
@Cerenia: Absolutely beautiful! How much did it cost?

Cerenia
February 8th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Thanks Katla and Denebi :)

It cost 23$, so a bit more than the XL, but it's also bigger ^^

EtherealJane
February 8th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Ooooh, wow! While I was typing my post, I missed the picture of the beautiful XXL flexi-8. It's very pretty, looks lovely in your hair!

Cerenia
February 8th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Thanks again :)
I ordered it in December, so they already have the XXL sliding pins, and I wonder why they still don't offer them on their homepage...

Iylivarae
February 8th, 2009, 11:25 AM
How long is the pin?

Cerenia
February 8th, 2009, 11:43 AM
The pin is 15,5 cm long and the 8 is 14 cm long.

Iylivarae
February 8th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Thank you! It might be worth ordering an XXL-flexi, too.

Misso
February 8th, 2009, 02:33 PM
That looks really nice Cerenia. I love Flexi-8 but I can't do anything like that with them, even using Extra Large ones.

Darkhorse1
February 8th, 2009, 05:00 PM
I found a new flexi8 I want, but I just can't afford to buy anything right now. Let me know if there are any discount codes out there :D

rags
February 8th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Blue 32088 should give you 10 percent off, I believe!

Cerenia
February 9th, 2009, 03:30 AM
That looks really nice Cerenia. I love Flexi-8 but I can't do anything like that with them, even using Extra Large ones.
Which problem do you have exactly, is it just too much hair to get into the flexi-8?
I mostly use hair pins in addition to the flexi-8, because with the XL I don't get all hair in it, so that I have a part of the hair which I wind around the flexi-8.

Darkhorse1
February 9th, 2009, 09:23 AM
rags, thank you! I broke down and got my new flexi :)

rags
February 9th, 2009, 02:59 PM
rags, thank you! I broke down and got my new flexi :)

Oh, I'm glad! I love them!:)

carinkla
February 10th, 2009, 12:14 AM
Thanks again :)
I ordered it in December, so they already have the XXL sliding pins, and I wonder why they still don't offer them on their homepage...

A member of a dutch hairforum allerted me about your XXL since XL is getting to small for the smallest part of my figure 8 bun I was almost ready to ask if they could make one myself. This is great news. I guess since they are not on their homepage I could email them about it?

Cerenia
February 10th, 2009, 01:06 AM
Yes, I wrote them an email and asked if I could get a XXL flexi-8.
They are really nice and you get the flexi-8 exactly like you want it :)

plainjanegirl
February 10th, 2009, 06:54 AM
So what happens if you order the wrong size, will they exchange so you can get the right size you need? Also once you order are they pretty fast at getting shipped out?

carinkla
February 10th, 2009, 07:03 AM
Yes, I wrote them an email and asked if I could get a XXL flexi-8.
They are really nice and you get the flexi-8 exactly like you want it :)

I just mailed them I hardly can wait for the answer..me want me want ;)

carinkla
February 10th, 2009, 07:04 AM
So what happens if you order the wrong size, will they exchange so you can get the right size you need? Also once you order are they pretty fast at getting shipped out?

I dont know about exhange pollicies but I know that even when they have to ship to the netherlands it takes them only about a week

paper
February 10th, 2009, 07:31 AM

Yes, they are very fast! I got my flexi's in a couple days. When I did the exchange it took about a week or 2. They also gave me money back in the envelope, because I got a smaller size and it was cheaper. I didn't expect that!

Darkhorse1
February 10th, 2009, 08:01 AM
They are great for exchanges and custom orders. I ordered a wrong size and they told me to return it no probs! Very happy with Flexi8 peeps!!

Amara
February 10th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Ooh, I also emailed them about the XXL... I'm hoping I can get it around my bun... I have too big a bun to be contained by the XL...

I have a M, a L and an XL, I use them for everything under the sun... I love them!

Linda K
February 12th, 2009, 12:29 AM
I looked for them at ebay too!

You will love flexi's. Let us know it you buy one!

Paper: I sure will! I love the Butter & Dragon fly's! Then that size issue! I was all set to get them when I messed up on Ebay ( rassa-frassin ... :rolleyes: )

Rags, Are you saying a girl can't have too many flexi's??? :D

Well, here's my Ebay winnings -

I like this de-lustered metal! I thot this would be fun - similar to Flexi's:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/kico166/Hair/LeftCoastTradingGypsyBarrette.jpg

Here are the sticks I ended up with as well. I like them, I think they are pretty - but I really think the Flexi would better suit the current needs.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/kico166/Hair/malach2.jpg

plainjanegirl
February 12th, 2009, 05:25 AM
Paper: I sure will! I love the Butter & Dragon fly's! Then that size issue! I was all set to get them when I messed up on Ebay ( rassa-frassin ... :rolleyes: )

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/kico166/Hair/LeftCoastTradingGypsyBarrette.jpg

Here are the sticks I ended up with as well. I like them, I think they are pretty - but I really think the Flexi would better suit the current needs.

I love that first toy you showed....the black one similar to a flexi8.
You should show us what it looks like in your hair.

paper
February 12th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Linda Those are gorgeous!!! Can't wait to see them in your hair!

I'll be getting my new flexi in the mail soon! :whistle:

Linda K
February 12th, 2009, 09:15 AM
I expect they should be arriving in about a week!
The Flexi-like one is listed as Tribal Gypsy ... They have blue, red, white, purple & green!

Looked again - they call it antiqued brass tone, 5.5 inches long with a 4 inch dangle. $10 w/ shipping.

PJ: I like your figure 8! I hope mine gets long enough to try it while fingers and arms still work! (Not gettin' any younger!) :p

Paper: Looking forward to seeing your new toys as well! :)

rags
February 12th, 2009, 12:21 PM
:p

Oooh I like both of these! Can't wait to see a pic of that dangle in your hair - I think it will look lovely!

And no, a girl can never have too many flexis! :p

plainjanegirl
February 12th, 2009, 04:39 PM
I expect they should be arriving in about a week!
The Flexi-like one is listed as Tribal Gypsy ... They have blue, red, white, purple & green!

Looked again - they call it antiqued brass tone, 5.5 inches long with a 4 inch dangle. $10 w/ shipping.

PJ: I like your figure 8! I hope mine gets long enough to try it while fingers and arms still work! :p

Paper: Looking forward to seeing your new toys as well! :)

I found them on ebay. I love those. I'm gonna bookmark the page for now. Let us know after you get it how you like it. The only thing that would worry me is that the dangly things would get caught in the hair. Also I am not good at using hair sticks so I don't know if I can manage a flexi type hair toy since it is similar to a hair stick.

So do you all think putting a flexi 8 type hair toy in the hair is easier than a hair stick, harder, or about the same? Me and sticks do not get along except for a chinese bun.

Linda K
February 12th, 2009, 10:14 PM
PlainJane - I've been wondering about the dangles getting caught in the hair too. Guess I'll find out! (*** Ouch!***) :)
ETA: I have NO experience with sticks or flexi's so this could be interesting! At most a couple hours up in the clamp/jaw on a really hot humid summer day.

This probably isn't the right spot but it's comfy - I found these forks at the drugstore in a clearance basket! I couldn't pass up the opportunity to give it a try ($1.49-$1.69 ea.)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/kico166/Hair/09FEB12Forks1.jpg

Don't laugh toooooooo hard - my first attempt with something other than the jaws (usually in the shower w/ condish!) b-rr-rr-rr-rr!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/kico166/Hair/09FEB12ForkactionLgr.jpg

Whew! What a difference between natural light and bulb!
I see what Rags meant about plastic sliding out!
I hope to get a flexi and do a loose Peacock - hoping it will be warmer than this one - I'm freezin'!:D

rose_in_bloom
February 13th, 2009, 01:43 AM
I looove Flexi-8! I have 3 -- extra-small celtic cross, small dangly one, medium celtic knot. They are so versatile, I wear them at least 3 times a week.

Katla
February 13th, 2009, 02:08 AM
So do you all think putting a flexi 8 type hair toy in the hair is easier than a hair stick, harder, or about the same? Me and sticks do not get along except for a chinese bun.

I found Flexi-8s to be a lot easier than hairsticks. It takes forever for me to make hairsticks look nice in my hair and once they do, it never lasts more than a few hours. The Flexis are easier :D

plainjanegirl
February 13th, 2009, 05:25 AM
Linda - Your bun with your plastic fork looks very nice. Good job!! And don't you just love when you find great clearance deals? Looks like you got some nice finds.

paper
February 13th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Linda, Your updo looks gorgeous, Good job!

plainjanegirl, I think flexi's are very easy to use. I did buy some hair sticks, took me a long time and practice to figure them out! Now that I have the hang of them there pretty easy too! Next on my list :hmm: Forks

paper
February 13th, 2009, 07:03 AM
Oh, I found this web site last night. Looks like a flexi with a hair stick.

http://www.theloversknot.com/infinity_barr.htm

Linda K
February 18th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Hey New Code for Flexi's! :cheese:
I just ordered 4 - when I put in the code I had the option of 10% off or use the buy 4 get 1 free! So, I ordered an additional ($15 value) and received a discount of $14! :-) I'm excited. Tried to pick one from each of the smaller categories to get a feel for what size would work with different amounts of hair! :D The code number was still blue 32088

HildeMV
February 18th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Is the sizing video recommending smaller flexis than I should use?

rags
February 18th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Is the sizing video recommending smaller flexis than I should use?

The sizing videos were very accurate for me, HildeMV; I can't say for anyone else, but they nailed mine totally. (I apparently need the same size as a six year old).

rossjen
February 18th, 2009, 07:28 PM
I just placed an order for a small Celtic Knot with corrugated rounds flexi before I stumbled on this thread. Even with watching the video, I had a hard time deciding between small and extra small. I decided to go with the small for now because I'm worried about anything smaller not being able to hold an updo. I guess I'll make a decision when I get it.
These look gorgeous!

Fairlight63
February 18th, 2009, 08:15 PM
I ordered some a few weeks ago. I love them! I ordered the Med. and Large size. I think that the med. works better in my hair for a French twist. The large will work but is a little loose, maybe when my hair gets longer :).
They have so many pretty ones, it was hard to choose!

EvaSimone
February 18th, 2009, 08:39 PM
I own three flexi 8's.

One medium
One large
One extra large

The medium is awkward and I hardly use it because it's very hit or miss if it will hold a pony tail. I bought my mother a small and it fits my pony tails sometimes but is really good for a half up.

The larges fit a cinnabun but not a karen lynn knot

The extra larges fit my Karen Lynn Knot.

I went to a show that sold flexi 8's so I was able to try them on. Otherwise I never would have bought an extra large because the website says that they are for ridiculously thick hair. I am somewhere on the upper side of ii. At least I think so, I haven't measured my diameter in a while.

Linda K
February 18th, 2009, 10:42 PM
plainjanegirl[/B];461905]Linda - Your bun with your plastic fork looks very nice. Good job!! And don't you just love when you find great clearance deals? Looks like you got some nice finds.

paper[/B];461966]Linda, Your updo looks gorgeous, Good job!

plainjanegirl, I think flexi's are very easy to use. I did buy some hair sticks, took me a long time and practice to figure them out! Now that I have the hang of them there pretty easy too! Next on my list :hmm: Forks

I own three flexi 8's.

One medium
One large
One extra large

The medium is awkward and I hardly use it because it's very hit or miss if it will hold a pony tail. I bought my mother a small and it fits my pony tails sometimes but is really good for a half up.

The larges fit a cinnabun but not a karen lynn knot

The extra larges fit my Karen Lynn Knot.

I went to a show that sold flexi 8's so I was able to try them on. Otherwise I never would have bought an extra large because the website says that they are for ridiculously thick hair. I am somewhere on the upper side of ii. At least I think so, I haven't measured my diameter in a while.

Thank you for the vote of confidence - I guess with all things a little practice doesn't hurt a bit! :p
The Tribal one arrived today - I definitely agree it's a lot easier (flexi) than the hair sticks! But I'm sure it is some what dependent on the length of hair your working with! Now, if I can get my 'puter to recognize the SD card - we could add some picutures ... G-r-r-rr-r!

Linda K
February 19th, 2009, 04:41 AM
I was really surprised while finishing up my flexi order! (I'm SO excited!)
I started to check out with:
1 mini @ $10; 1 Xsm @ $12; 1 Sm @$13; 1 Med @$14
I hunted up the code and clicked apply and the option to continue with the 10% off or buy 4 get a 5th free came up. Well my first thought was - the $10 mini would be the freebie. WRONG! I added 1 mini @ $15 and it was a $14 discount!

Do you believe this! From everything else I've read - this is an exceptional customer service based store.
As before it's the same code number 32088 if someone's been thinkin'! Boy am I glad I got a refund on the cc! :D

Linda K
February 19th, 2009, 05:06 AM
Ok, this is not a Flexi - but similar enough I had to try it.
It worked ok in this pic as well as pulling everything up into a bun/twist thingy of sorts. It is by no means smoothed out - I sort of threw it in damp hair - had to run. It was FAR more comfortable than the 'jaw'! Based on this, I know I'm going to love the Flexi's. Hair sticks - probably not so much! Yes, it is dark colored - almost rich cocoa w/o the reddish tint - :o

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/kico166/Hair/TribalGypsyBarrette2.jpg

Picknickerin
February 19th, 2009, 06:26 AM
Here are some of mine::)

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/Hairytale/Flexi8pics/p1015341-1.jpghttp://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/Hairytale/Flexi8pics/p1015342-1.jpg
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/Hairytale/Flexi8pics/p1015344-1.jpghttp://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/Hairytale/Flexi8pics/p1015345-1.jpg
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/Hairytale/Flexi8pics/p1015347-1.jpghttp://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/Hairytale/Flexi8pics/p1015348-1.jpg
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/Hairytale/Flexi8pics/p1015351-1.jpghttp://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/Hairytale/Flexi8pics/p1015353-1.jpg
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/Hairytale/Flexi8pics/p1015354-1.jpg

paper
February 19th, 2009, 07:42 AM
It worked ok in this pic as well as pulling everything up into a bun/twist thingy of sorts. It is by no means smoothed out - I sort of threw it in damp hair - had to run. It was FAR more comfortable than the 'jaw'! Based on this, I know I'm going to love the Flexi's. Hair sticks - probably not so much! Yes, it is dark colored - almost rich cocoa w/o the reddish tint - :o

Linda, that looks beautiful! Can't wait to see your new flexis! What a good deal too!

paper
February 19th, 2009, 07:44 AM
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/Hairytale/Flexi8pics/p1015341-1.jpghttp://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/Hairytale/Flexi8pics/p1015342-1.jpg
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/Hairytale/Flexi8pics/p1015344-1.jpghttp://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/Hairytale/Flexi8pics/p1015345-1.jpg
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/Hairytale/Flexi8pics/p1015347-1.jpghttp://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/Hairytale/Flexi8pics/p1015348-1.jpg
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/Hairytale/Flexi8pics/p1015351-1.jpghttp://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/Hairytale/Flexi8pics/p1015353-1.jpg

What a gorgeous collection! :cool:

rags
February 19th, 2009, 09:12 AM

Linda, that is really pretty and it goes so well with your hair!

rags
February 19th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Here are some of mine::)

Oh, what a gorgeous collection! I love the butterflys. And that one little mini sitting up there with all the big boys - how cute!

Su
February 19th, 2009, 10:32 AM
So theese are mine: S / 4 x M / L / XL

Second is antique brass, the others are antique gold

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr286/edenrose66/CIMG2046-1.jpg

Picknickerin
February 19th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Oh Su, they´ re all so gorgeous!:) The celtic cross in antique brass is so beautiful!

some others from me:

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/Hairytale/Flexi8pics/p1015361-1.jpg http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/Hairytale/Flexi8pics/p1015355-1.jpg
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/Hairytale/Flexi8pics/p1015412-1.jpg

eresh
February 19th, 2009, 02:19 PM
They're all so gorgeous!!

paper
February 19th, 2009, 05:43 PM

Your collection is so pretty! LOVE the antique brass one!

Linda K
February 21st, 2009, 11:30 AM
Aw shucks - Thank you. After looking at more of the collections shown here, I'm REALLY excited to get my order!:cheese:

No matter the colorations or center design, I think the light airy look is what catches my eye on the Flexi's!

Did someone say they will 'customize' if a note is added? I requested black or Aurora beads on the one dragonfly instead of the ??? Amber ???. There was no comment on the email I received a little later. Just curious. I love dragonfly's and thought I'd get the most mileage out of those stones.:D

Definitely need to get the hair whipped into shape! No sense wearing something so pretty in scraggly locks! Have a great day!

plainjanegirl
February 21st, 2009, 04:20 PM
They are all sooo pretty. Eventually I will get one for myself.

Kerri
February 22nd, 2009, 02:04 PM
I have some more pictures of flexis in updos for you. Maybe they will help someone to determine the right size. I have a ponytail circumference of about 3.5'' to 4''.

(The updo pictures are clickable!)

This is size S in a halfup:
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/Flexis/th_halfup.jpg (http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/Flexis/?action=view&current=halfup.jpg)
I find size S too large for this style. After about half an hour the flexi has slid down to my shoulders and keeps on sliding if I don't redo the halfup. This size works well for a ponytail. I found that if I stick the sliding pin into a small piece of clear flexible rubber tube it holds much better, but inserting it into updos gets a little more difficult. Size XS works perfect in my half-ups.

The next one is size L in a Figure 8 and a (very messy) log roll.
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/Flexis/th_logroll.jpg (http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/Flexis/?action=view&current=logroll.jpg) http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/Flexis/th_figure-8.jpg (http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/Flexis/?action=view&current=figure-8.jpg)
In both buns, the L Flexi is a very tight fit, but holds like rock.

Next are two XL flexis in cinnabuns, one of them is a braided one.
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/Flexis/th_cinnabun.jpg (http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/Flexis/?action=view&current=cinnabun.jpg) http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/Flexis/th_braided-cinnabun.jpg (http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/Flexis/?action=view&current=braided-cinnabun.jpg)
I have had to squish the buns to an oval shape to be able fit the Flexis around. Both pictures were taken about 9 months ago, those two updos no longer work for me with Flexis. But there are other beautiful styles I can do, for example a (braided) celtic bun and a nautilus bun:
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/Flexis/th_braided-celt.jpg (http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/Flexis/?action=view&current=braided-celt.jpg) http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/Flexis/th_nautilus.jpg (http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/Flexis/?action=view&current=nautilus.jpg)
the normal, unbraided celtic bun is also a perfect updo to be held with a XL Flexi.

Just to enable you a little more:
The beads of the dragonfly Flexi just seem black on most photos, but viewed in the right light they sparkle in a variety of different colors. I have a close-up, that shows the colors well:
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/Flexis/metallic-beads.jpg

And recently I bought two totally customized Flexis:
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/Flexis/dolphin-turtle-flexis.jpg
The silver dolphin never was available on their site, as far as I know they only had dolphins in black nickel color on now discontinued flexis. The turtle one is special too, because it has the bead sizes and bead pattern of a mini, but is size XS. Their customer service is awesome!

I really like their look and way they hold buns, but they have to compete with my Senza Limiti Stuff and Ficcares for 'updo time' ;)

- Kerri.

plainjanegirl
February 22nd, 2009, 02:33 PM
Why must you all entice us with your pretty hair toys?

Linda K
February 22nd, 2009, 03:30 PM
I can hardly wait - mine shipped this past Friday. :)
I know one is definitely a dragonfly and one a butterfly -

I'm not sure what brings on the drool more, the pretty toys or the beautiful LONG locks they are meant for. I feel I'll be too old and ... to enjoy my hair if it ever gets past APL. :confused:

Linda K
February 22nd, 2009, 03:32 PM
Why must you all entice us with your pretty hair toys?
;) You know, reading your statement - then seeing your siggy - really hit a funny bone for me today. I just can about picture a finger shaking or a foot stomping! :D

Monchhichi
February 22nd, 2009, 04:11 PM
I've got 4 flexis: mini, S, L and XL. All are customised for left-handers. :)

Although according to the flexi-homepage I should use size M for a ponytail, I use size S. The circumference of my ponytail is about 9.5 cm.

I use the mini for half-ups and to keep small streaks out of my face.

I use the L for a French twist, a figure 8 and the lazy wrap-bun.

I use the XL for all other types of buns.

I would still manage to get my whole bun into the XL. Yet I don't think that this way of wearing the flexi is comfortable, because the sliding pin is pressing against the head. I prefer to hold only part of the bun with the flexi. I kind of use the sliding pin like a hairstick. The buns don't pull and hold the whole day.

SweetPea88
February 22nd, 2009, 04:17 PM
I only have one right now, I got if for my birthday last year. It's a large, used mostly for cinnabuns and logrolls, but I'm afraid I'm growing out of it!

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff265/raventresses88/S7306646.jpg

I'm thinking of getting an XL for buns and a smaller one for half-ups. Would a small work?

HildeMV
February 22nd, 2009, 05:09 PM
I just ordered two. YAY!

rags
February 22nd, 2009, 05:42 PM

Oh, these are all beautiful! I love the first two especially!

rags
February 22nd, 2009, 05:44 PM
Oh Su, they´ re all so gorgeous!:) The celtic cross in antique brass is so beautiful!

some others from me:

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/Hairytale/Flexi8pics/p1015361-1.jpg http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/Hairytale/Flexi8pics/p1015355-1.jpg
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/Hairytale/Flexi8pics/p1015412-1.jpg

Oh, I like all of these! I see I'm not the only one who goes for the all silver ones!

littlemiss
February 22nd, 2009, 05:54 PM
Im really sad as I lost my small flexi 8 have looked and looked and still I cant find it, its been months since I last seen it!!!(grrr) Im so sad, so if anyone finds one it must be mine!!! :laugh:

Avalonna
February 22nd, 2009, 07:46 PM
I just received my first Flexi-8s a couple of days ago (a small and a medium), and so far I'm disappointed. The quality is great and they are pretty, but I have not gotten them to work in my hair.

The small makes a very pretty half-up in my hair, but its fairly heavy and slooowly slides down in my slippery hair. Maybe it's too big?

The medium is too small to fit over a bun (although I had slightly better results after reading an earlier comment about using it like a hair stick - I will keep working at it) and all my attempts at a French twist look very sloppy. The Flexi-8 videos make it look so easy, and they have gotten such rave reviews here, so I'm surprised I'm having such a hard time. Maybe I should have gotten an extra small and a large. :(

Here's a pic. Sorry, no action shots yet. These are a small and medium, both in celtic cross.

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/3812/img0791.jpg

Monchhichi
February 23rd, 2009, 04:28 AM
@SweetPea88:
Which size you need for the half-up depends on how much hair you gather for it. If you take only small streaks I would recommend you a mini, if you take more size XS.

@Avalonna:
Use the M to hold the middle of a Nautilus bun. I use size L for that, but size M would do, too. In the article section there are instructions for the lazy wrap-bun, which you can secure with size M. What about a French twist? This style should also work with the M-flexi.

paper
February 23rd, 2009, 06:20 AM
I just received my first Flexi-8s a couple of days ago (a small and a medium), and so far I'm disappointed. The quality is great and they are pretty, but I have not gotten them to work in my hair.

The small makes a very pretty half-up in my hair, but its fairly heavy and slooowly slides down in my slippery hair. Maybe it's too big?

The medium is too small to fit over a bun (although I had slightly better results after reading an earlier comment about using it like a hair stick - I will keep working at it) and all my attempts at a French twist look very sloppy. The Flexi-8 videos make it look so easy, and they have gotten such rave reviews here, so I'm surprised I'm having such a hard time. Maybe I should have gotten an extra small and a large. :(

Here's a pic. Sorry, no action shots yet. These are a small and medium, both in celtic cross.

Flexi-8 are great about exchanging. I've exchanged for smaller ones and I've exchanged a gold one for silver. I just didn't like the gold in my hair!

I use mini for half ups. Anything else will eventually slide out of my hair. I use XS for my ponytail.

rags
February 23rd, 2009, 07:03 AM

Sounds like you did get the wrong sizes for what you want to do with them. You probably need an extra small or a mini for a half up. (I think most people end up with extra small; I use minis, but I have baby fine thin hair).
They have great customer service though; I would exchange them if I didn't think they were going to work. They are both beautiful!

SweetPea88
February 23rd, 2009, 08:07 AM
Thanks Monchhichi, I think XS sounds about right for a half-up.

Jessaka
February 23rd, 2009, 03:29 PM
I am DYING to order me some...but gotta wait til payday :(

HildeMV
February 23rd, 2009, 06:05 PM
Make that 4. I wanted them in different sizes.
I'm so weak.

paper
February 24th, 2009, 06:05 AM
woohoo, I got my new mini flexi yesterday! :cheese: I bought it from swap board, and she through in some pretty earrings! :crush:

I'll try to get some pictures up later!

Linda K
February 24th, 2009, 08:36 AM
woohoo, I got my new mini flexi yesterday! :cheese: I bought it from swap board, and she through in some pretty earrings! :crush:

I'll try to get some pictures up later!
a-hem - Pictures please! ;)

MadPirateBippy
February 24th, 2009, 09:42 AM
I love, love, love, love my flexi-8's. I get breakage from pony tails and without my flexis I could have never broken the pony tail habit.

paper
February 24th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Mini Flexi I bought off the Swap Board from basak. She gave me the earrings, wasn't that sweet!

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd17/paper1962/100_7680.jpg

plainjanegirl
February 24th, 2009, 10:38 AM
So if I wanted a cheap way to see if I can operate a flexi 8 what would you all recommend? I am hair stick challenged. The only time I use a stick is for a chinese bun. What about like a cheap hair slide....if I can't get it to work then I should probably pass on a flexi 8?

rags
February 24th, 2009, 11:31 AM
HildeMy: I do think it's impossible to have too many flexis! :eyebrows:

Paper: Oh, I do love the darker ones - that one is gorgeous!

Katla
February 24th, 2009, 11:45 AM
I've started to use one of my medium Flexis to hold the top of a figure-8ish bun (it looks nice but it's not quite how it's supposed to look :o But it's a bun, so I'm happy!) and now I gotta buy some more different ones with dangles on them... and possibly a large or two as well, which might fit over a standard bun. I love the one I have with dangles on it :D I got it as an afterthought because I needed one more for the get-1-free deal, but I love the faint, little sound of them.

Akiko
February 24th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Beautiful flexis... So many nice toys out there. Sigh....

Katla, a large flexi might be too small to cover your bun. It does not fit over my cinnabun.:( For me, large works great for infinity and french twist. (I just uploaded a photo (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=2515&pictureid=32631) of my large flexi with dangles over my infinity bun.)

My pony circumference is 7cm. Length is 68cm. Your bun must be bigger than mine.

Katla
February 24th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Katla, a large flexi might be too small to cover your bun. It does not fit over my cinnabun.:( For me, large works great for infinity and french twist. (I just uploaded a photo (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=2515&pictureid=32631) of my large flexi with dangles over my infinity bun.)

My pony circumference is 7cm. Length is 68cm. You bun must be bigger than mine.

That is one gorgeous Flexi-8 :crush: Beautiful.

My pony is 8-ish cm... it looks like you might be right. My medium only holds the top part of the figure-8, so I might have underestimated how much it takes to fit a cinnabun. I'll have to try an XL... next paycheck :o Thank you so much for letting me know! :)

Akiko
February 24th, 2009, 12:56 PM
You are welcome, Katla. I have a medium also. Large is not that much bigger than medium. But somehow Flexi L size is more versatile for me. For a bun, I think I need an XL. but don't have one...

Akiko
February 24th, 2009, 01:19 PM
So if I wanted a cheap way to see if I can operate a flexi 8 what would you all recommend? I am hair stick challenged. The only time I use a stick is for a chinese bun. What about like a cheap hair slide....if I can't get it to work then I should probably pass on a flexi 8?

I think a hair slide is actually more difficult to use than a flexi. A flexi's stick is attached to the main part, and it makes it easier to use. Also a flexi latches quite securely. So the bun does not seem to fall apart.

I thought Goody ouchless barrette (http://www.goodycomfort.com/main.taf?p=1,2) has a similar design. But it is soft... There was a thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=15951&highlight=Goody)about this product.

Maybe you can ask LaurelSpring?

Jessaka
February 24th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Gosh, I am DYING. I hate waiting..........still waiting til Mar. 5 (payday) so I can get me some....*fake bites nails*

HildeMV
February 24th, 2009, 02:40 PM
HildeMy: I do think it's impossible to have too many flexis! :eyebrows:

Paper: Oh, I do love the darker ones - that one is gorgeous!
I'm in the vortex now.:p
Now I'm going to have a mini, a small, medium and large, so I hope I have a range to do several different styles.

Darkhorse1
February 24th, 2009, 02:58 PM
I got my new flexi last week and LOVE it! My mom even commented on it. My only complaint is that I wish they were a tad lighter. When I have 2 day old dirty hair, they start to slide down a bit. I find they are best for my hair when it's clean/poufy. :D

Linda K
February 25th, 2009, 05:26 PM
My first flexi order came today! Yippeee!

The mini's are out! I barely got it closed! The Tiara dangle is really pretty but I think the clear stones are better suited for hair darker than mine! That is definitely going to be exchanged (size and bead color)! The purple iris stones are really pretty! :cheese:
Now to practice getting them in straight!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/kico166/Hair/2Mini-Xsm-Sm-M.jpg

paper
February 25th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Linda, Those are beautiful! Did you try using the mini to pull some hair back just on one side? I like to wear my hair like that some times. Well, at least there cool about exchanging them. I exchanged one once because of color too.

SweetPea88
February 25th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Linda K I looove that tiara dangle flexi! That's definitely the type I'm looking for to use in half-ups.

Shanarana
February 26th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Do they keep changing styles on the site? I want to order a small and a large, but they don't have the ones I'm looking for. They had them before. Want to get them before I end up spending my hair money on something else.

rags
February 26th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Linda K: Those are beautiful! I have that same dangle mini - I adore it! But my hair still has a lot of brown in the back.

Shanarana: Yes, they change styles ever so often. Sometimes, though if you e-mail them, they might be able to make you an older style. It just depends on whether they have any of the pieces left.

paper
February 26th, 2009, 08:01 AM
:hmm: I think I'm going to order the Tiara dangle. I don't have any like that, and I think it would be pretty for special occasions.

Darkhorse1
February 26th, 2009, 08:29 AM
I'm debating getting a larger flexi for some other updos, but last time I had them, they were a bit too big for what I had in mind. Hmmmmm.

AngelInDisguise
February 26th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Linda K, these are really beautiful!

HildeMV
February 26th, 2009, 11:54 AM
I ordered the dangly one in mini 3 days ago, I'm going to wear for my half up.

4 flexis are on their way, and the wait is killing me. :p

Weird that there are no flexi-8s on eBay.

Linda K
February 26th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Linda, Those are beautiful! Did you try using the mini to pull some hair back just on one side? I like to wear my hair like that some times. Well, at least there cool about exchanging them. I exchanged one once because of color too. I didn't yet. That's where I'm stuck - would I do it enough to warrant keeping 1!

Linda K: Those are beautiful! I have that same dangle mini - I adore it! But my hair still has a lot of brown in the back. I just love glitzy stuff like that! I picked the colors based on the premise of 'it's only getting lighter' so should be able to enjoy them forever!

Shanarana: The half up is the main reason I got that one! Maybe someday if it's really really REALLY hot, it would be fun in an updo!

[quote=HildeMV;480221]I ordered the dangly one in mini 3 days ago, I'm going to wear for my half up. Exactly! :D

4 flexis are on their way, and the wait is killing me. :p
I was 'chompin' at the bit' too!

Weird that there are no flexi-8s on eBay.
They must have enough business to keep them busy that they don't feel they need the Ebay exposure! Or it's the fee's I hear everyone upset about!

Linda K, these are really beautiful! Now I want a few more colors! Wish I could get a dangle with the butter or dragon fly! And I thought having long hair would SAVE money! Ha! :eyebrows:

They certainly are far more comfy to wear than the goofy claw types I'm used to! :)

Linda K
February 26th, 2009, 01:23 PM
I know where Paper keeps her toys - where / how the rest of you keep your toys organized and handy? I was thinking of my old jewelry box but I don't think it will work so well after all. This old farm house has the main bath on the main floor - well away from our room so it's not that handy unless I'm thinking way ahead every day!;)

Shanarana
February 26th, 2009, 01:27 PM
I love, love, love, love my flexi-8's. I get breakage from pony tails and without my flexis I could have never broken the pony tail habit.

I love them for a ponytails. If I just wash my hair the medium will stay in good, but after a couple of days when my curls straighten I need a small for a comfy hold.

paper
March 1st, 2009, 01:55 PM
My new dangle flexi, size XS. Love it....

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd17/paper1962/dangleflexi.jpg

Jessaka
March 4th, 2009, 03:28 PM
I finally cracked and bought a medium & a small flexi-8 O__o

Shanarana
March 4th, 2009, 04:03 PM

That looks so pretty in your hair. I love the silver, am getting one myself in X-Large so nice to see the color contrast. I don't usually wear silver, but I think I'll enjoy having at least one.

Shanarana
March 4th, 2009, 04:04 PM
I finally cracked and bought a medium & a small flexi-8 O__o

It was only a matter of time. :cheese:

lapushka
March 4th, 2009, 04:05 PM
I noticed a few new designs in there! :D

Jessaka
March 4th, 2009, 04:17 PM
It was only a matter of time. :cheese:

LOL, yeah. Gosh, I'm kinda easily enabled.

paper
March 4th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Thanks Shanarana :) I tryed a gold one once, and didn't like it in my hair so I ended up exchanging that one for silver.

KarenLynn
March 4th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Top to bottom: extra small, 2 x small, 2 x medium.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/KarenLynn/toys/IMG_7007.jpg

All larges.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/KarenLynn/toys/IMG_7008.jpg

eadwine
March 5th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Squeee I too caved and bought two larges. My mediums have become too small for my buns, and I am hoping the larges will work.

I had one completely custom made (beads and centerpiece not available just like that) and one is stock: http://www.flexi8.com/1012.html

Just got the mail that they have been shipped so I am hoping next week Friday or Saturday they will be here if all goes well :)

paper
March 5th, 2009, 03:16 AM
KarenLynn, You have a very pretty collection!

HildeMV
March 5th, 2009, 04:33 AM
Yay, they've arrived.

Naava
March 5th, 2009, 06:25 AM
It's really not good for my financial situation to see all these beatiful hairtoys... I had to order one medium sized one :D
http://www.flexi8.com/flex/images/items/1202.jpg

KarenLynn
March 5th, 2009, 11:16 AM
paper - thank you! :flowers: Several of these are new, as I kept missing the combination of size and color I wanted. Now I'm quite happy. :D

Shanarana
March 5th, 2009, 11:17 AM
My flexi's came today....yippie...Xlarge, and small. I will get some pictures up. The Xlarge is perfect for holding a bun and it is silver which I usually do not wear, but this one is so pretty not a bright silver. The small I will use for pony tails when the medium is to big. If I just wash my hair the medium is perfect for a pony, but after a couple days when the curl start falling out I need the small.

MountainGypsy
March 5th, 2009, 11:19 AM
It's really not good for my financial situation to see all these beatiful hairtoys... I had to order one medium sized one :D
http://www.flexi8.com/flex/images/items/1202.jpg

Naava I also covet that one and this one in medium:

http://www.flexi8.com/flex/images/items/1076.jpg

I have 4 flexis - 1 tiny w/ dangles in antique brass, 2 minis and 1 small.

I need a medium...:D

Naava
March 5th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Naava I also covet that one and this one in medium:

http://www.flexi8.com/flex/images/items/1076.jpg

I was eyeing that one too! You have a very good taste I must say :D

Shanarana
March 5th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Flexi action shots pictures are in my album. Along with new length pictures that are not that great because my hair is flat and has not been washed.

Linda K
March 5th, 2009, 05:23 PM

PAPER! What a lovely pic! Interestingly, your hair looks redder when it's up. Now I can see pretty brown tones in the under layers! :)
I still haven't made my exchanges - the bug bit at our house so everyone's been sick again. Come on summer!

LOL, yeah. Gosh, I'm kinda easily enabled. I just have to say you have a very pretty head of hair too! Gosh I should be green for days after being on this website!
:D

Jessaka
March 5th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the compliment, Linda K :) Why should you be green though? I don't get it, LOL. I must be slowwwwwwwww.

Shanarana
March 5th, 2009, 08:33 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=33452&albumid=1505&dl=1236289542&thumb=1 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=1505&pictureid=33452)

My flexi's top x large..med, and small. Click on photo for larger picture.

paper
March 6th, 2009, 04:27 AM
Shanarana, Very pretty flexis!

Thanks Linda, yeah I have lots of colors going on. ;) My dark hair is starting to show through.

*Amy*
March 6th, 2009, 01:33 PM
I think the flexi is my favorite of all the hair toys I've seen while lurking here. I'm thinking it will be my first purchase - can't wait!

Pixna
March 6th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Even though my hair isn't quite long enough for flexis yet, I ended up ordering several -- well, um, seven to be exact -- :oops: in a variety of sizes just so I'm ready the second my hair will look good with them. Another couple inches, and I'm aiming for a half-up!

Everyone's flexis are so beautiful -- and you are all so creative with them. What appeals to me is how easy they seem to be to use and how they aren't ultra-heavy.

steph in tx
March 6th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Color me enabled. I ordered a M and a L today. The L may be too big when it gets here, but I'm hoping that if it is I'll grow into it soon. I plan on using it for a french twist anyway, so maybe it'll be the right size. If not, I have the M which I'll use for half-ups if it fits. I'm sure I'll be ordering more. It was so hard to pick from all the pretty choices.

Linda K
March 6th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Thanks for the compliment, Linda K :) Why should you be green though? I don't get it, LOL. I must be slowwwwwwwww. Green with envy - all the beautiful heads of LONG LONG LONG hair! I've tried from time to time to grow mine out since my early teens. :shrug:

Linda K
March 6th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Even though my hair isn't quite long enough for flexis yet, I ended up ordering several -- well, um, seven to be exact -- :oops: in a variety of sizes just so I'm ready the second my hair will look good with them. Another couple inches, and I'm aiming for a half-up!

Everyone's flexis are so beautiful -- and you are all so creative with them. What appeals to me is how easy they seem to be to use and how they aren't ultra-heavy.
LOL! That's about what I do!(did) I haven't practiced much yet, but I think for me, the trick will be getting it in straight! :D

eadwine
March 6th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Who cares if it is straight or lopsided? ;) As long as it holds it's ok. :)

Jessaka
March 7th, 2009, 01:05 AM
Green with envy - all the beautiful heads of LONG LONG LONG hair! I've tried from time to time to grow mine out since my early teens. :shrug:

Aw, you don't need to be green with envy. Your hair is beautiful :flower: Your picture in your signature...your hair is pretty long there as well :)

Jessaka
March 8th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Bump, sorry. I'm so excited I just got my flexis yesterday and wanted to show everyone!

Medium Heart
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2687&pictureid=33680

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2601&pictureid=33679

Small Heart&Dangle
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2687&pictureid=33681

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2601&pictureid=33678
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2601&pictureid=33727

steph in tx
March 8th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Very nice! Your hair is lovely!

eresh
March 8th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Beautiful!
And so is your hair!

Jessaka
March 8th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Thanks you so much, Steph & Eresh :D

eadwine
March 8th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Oh it suits you perfectly!

Jessaka
March 8th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the compliment, Eadwine :D I just love all stuff that has to do with love....so yeah of course I had to have the heart ones haha. I also just put my hair in curlers over night because I thought it would look nice with curls :D heh. Need to do that tomorrow for work, dunno if the curls will hold up though.

Shanarana
March 8th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Thanks you so much, Steph & Eresh :D

So pretty in your hair. :)

Jessaka
March 8th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Aww, thanks Shanarana :D I am SO ordering me more flexis today hahahahahhaahah.

eadwine
March 8th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Yep.. addicted.. *nods*

beyond salvation hehe

Jessaka
March 8th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Is it that noticeable? LOL......blahhh. I just got rid of one addiction (tokidoki bags)...now onto Flexis...great. LOL. At least this is more affordable :D

rags
March 9th, 2009, 01:12 AM
That looks beautiful in your hair, Jessaka! And yep, those deceptively simple looking toys are extremely addicting! :D

Jessaka
March 9th, 2009, 01:18 AM
Thanks Rags :D & yessss I'm so totally addicted. I'm waiting for my mom to get back to me whether she wants to order some too, so that I can get a free one as well, hahahahahhhaahah.

paper
March 9th, 2009, 06:46 AM
Bump, sorry. I'm so excited I just got my flexis yesterday and wanted to show everyone!

Medium Heart

Small Heart&Dangle

Those are gorgeous! They look perfect in your hair too!

Pixna
March 9th, 2009, 07:05 AM
Jessaka, that flexi is gorgeous, and it looks STUNNING in your hair. You are an enabler, my friend -- shame, shame, shame on you!!! ;)

Jessaka
March 9th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Awww, thanks Paper & Pixna ^__^ HAHA, that's so funny, I changed my picture because it looked really lopsided and it was deleted from my post because I took it out of my gallery, oh well. Edited it ^__^

Flexi-8.....my new ADDICTION&OBSESSION. HAHAHAHAH.

Naava
March 9th, 2009, 01:41 PM
How didn't I notice this earlier? Jessaka, both your hair and flexi-8s look fantastic!

I'm so waiting for mine to arrive

Jessaka
March 9th, 2009, 02:00 PM
LOL, I just posted it yesterday ^__^ Thank you for the nice compliments, Naava! Please post photos when yours come in! I'm excited for you, hahahhha.

steph in tx
March 9th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Wow! I am absolutely stunned at how fast these came in. I ordered Friday afternoon and they arrived today. They are even more beautiful in person than on the site. I can't seem to take a good pic of them, though. It's too overcast for natural light pics, and the flash just seems to jump right back at me from the flexi8's. I'll try to get some action pics though. I just had to come and rave about the excellent turn around time. :cheese::cheer:

Jessaka
March 9th, 2009, 04:25 PM
I'll be looking forward to those pics, Steph! lol...

steph in tx
March 9th, 2009, 09:45 PM
OK, the pics aren't the best, but my photgrapher was in a hurry. (Teenagers! Yeesh!)

Size M for my half-up. It's a little loose. I may order a small for this. It works great for a ponytail, though. Sorry for the hideous hair. I just took it down from the french twist and hastily put it in the half-up for the pic. :oops:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/Osburnsa/Hair/HPIM4482-1.jpg

And the size L for my french twist. I really love this one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/Osburnsa/Hair/HPIM4481-1.jpg

I'm very impressed with the holding power. That french twist had been in my hair through lying down nursing the baby, cooking dinner and cleaning the kitchen. It didn't budge the entire time. I see many for flexi8's in my future. :cool:

Jessaka
March 10th, 2009, 12:18 AM
They look great ^__^ I think the small one will be perfect for your half up...that's what I'm using :D

rags
March 10th, 2009, 01:03 AM
OK, the pics aren't the best, but my photgrapher was in a hurry. (Teenagers! Yeesh!)

Size M for my half-up. It's a little loose. I may order a small for this. It works great for a ponytail, though. Sorry for the hideous hair. I just took it down from the french twist and hastily put it in the half-up for the pic. :oops:

I'm very impressed with the holding power. That french twist had been in my hair through lying down nursing the baby, cooking dinner and cleaning the kitchen. It didn't budge the entire time. I see many for flexi8's in my future. :cool:

They look fantastic! And yes, the hold is definetly hard to beat!

Linda K
March 10th, 2009, 06:02 AM

Medium Heart

Small Heart&Dangle

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2601&pictureid=33727
Wow! That's really pretty! (So is your hair!) Is this in Copper???!???? Didn't see any when I ordered ... :D

Linda K
March 10th, 2009, 06:04 AM
Rags! Wow your french twist! Looks great! I like yours too!

I still haven't done anything about exchanging on mine!

Pixna
March 10th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Steph, they look incredibly beautiful in your hair!!

Jessaka, I didn't see the copper/brass heart either. Was this a special order?

rags
March 10th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Rags! Wow your french twist! Looks great! I like yours too!

I still haven't done anything about exchanging on mine!

Linda, I wish that was my french twist! :D I quoted Jessaka, it's hers! Isn't her hair beautiful?

bjt
March 10th, 2009, 07:26 AM
These are really beautiful! I've been wanting to try one, but I keep getting stuck on sizes. Seeing all these pics has renewed my interest--Maybe one of you can give me some advice. My ponytail is about 4" thick, and my mostly straight hair, fairly fine, is about 34" long. If I was going to get one to hold all my hair in a cinnabun or something like that, do you think a large would do it?

paper
March 10th, 2009, 08:01 AM

Those are beautiful! They look great in your hair too! That french twist is very impressive.

Naava
March 10th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Bah, it sucks to leave so far away... I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. If I'm lucky, I will get them this week, but I wouldn't be surprized if I would have to wait longer...

eadwine
March 10th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Mine got in just today and I love them.

A few pictures:

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/8994/flexired.th.jpg (http://img104.imageshack.us/my.php?image=flexired.jpg) http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/3354/flexiwhite.th.jpg (http://img104.imageshack.us/my.php?image=flexiwhite.jpg)

The white one is a stock large, the red one with dragonfly is completely custom (beads from one kind, dragonfly from another kind, and in large). I looooove the red one :D

Pixna
March 10th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Eadwine, those look lovely in your bun(s)!! Congrats on such a great purchase!

lapushka
March 10th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Yep, congrats. They look great! :D

eadwine
March 10th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Thanks!

I got them in and thought: oh dear.. they are going to be too small still.. but thank goodness not! They fit my braided nautilus just fine. :)

rags
March 10th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Oooh, those are both stunning! I too love the red one!

rags
March 10th, 2009, 11:46 AM
These are really beautiful! I've been wanting to try one, but I keep getting stuck on sizes. Seeing all these pics has renewed my interest--Maybe one of you can give me some advice. My ponytail is about 4" thick, and my mostly straight hair, fairly fine, is about 34" long. If I was going to get one to hold all my hair in a cinnabun or something like that, do you think a large would do it?

Umm......my pony is 1.5 inches thick :sad: so I can't help you from experience, but I do know that they have an extra large size which they do not have up but you can e-mail them about. Maybe someone else will chime in who has more of your hair type.

steph in tx
March 10th, 2009, 11:52 AM
My ponytail is 4" as well, but my hair is much shorter than yours. The large is holding my french twist so I don't think it would hold your cinnabun. I don't know if the XL would either, so you may have to email and inquire about that XXL.

bjt
March 10th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Thanks Steph,
maybe I'll start with the XL and see how it goes. Your hair in your AV is beautiful btw... I wish I could figure out how to do a french twist! :-)

steph in tx
March 10th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Thanks! It really isn't difficult. I think it's all about practice. That's about the only updo I can manage right now because of all the stupid layers in my hair, so I have a LOT of practice with it. Have you looked at the hair styling articles here in LHC? There's one there showing how to do a french twist. I'm sure you could learn from that.

Jessaka
March 10th, 2009, 12:28 PM
LindaK & Pixna - I think it was just the lighting that made them look copper. They really are silver. I think against the green glass mixed w/ the yellowish light made them appear copper. In the action photos you can see a bit that they're really silver ^__^

Bjt - If the XL doesn't fit, you can return and try again ^__^ I think it probably would...your hair looks fairly thick.

Eadwine - Very pretty! I really like the white one!!

akka naeda
March 10th, 2009, 12:32 PM

No:)
There is no way a large could hold a cinnabun, it just holds my hair in a ponytail.
My hair's a fair bit longer than yours, but there's no way I could ever get an XL to hold a cinnabun either. The working length is about the length of a 5.5" stick I think, so if that would disappear into your hair, you need an XXL. I have to get myself one of them sometime.

Kerri
March 10th, 2009, 01:35 PM
No
There is no way a large could hold a cinnabun, it just holds my hair in a ponytail. [...]
There IS a way a large can hold a cinnabun ;)

My ponytail circumference lies in the ii range, but is quite close to iii. I use a small for ponytails, it sits very tight. I cannot fit an XL around my whole cinnabun - but I can do cinnabuns with an L. Yes there's a trick, I will try to explain it (images are clickable):

Gather your hair and start twisting it, just like in a normal cinnabun
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/buns/Flexibun/th_fb-neu1.jpg (http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/buns/Flexibun/?action=view&current=fb-neu1.jpg)

Let it form an upside down U shape
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/buns/Flexibun/th_fb-neu2.jpg (http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/buns/Flexibun/?action=view&current=fb-neu2.jpg)

Clip the Flexi that is too small around this U shape:
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/buns/Flexibun/th_fb-neu3.jpg (http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/buns/Flexibun/?action=view&current=fb-neu3.jpg)

Continue wrapping in the same direction, but behind the sliding pin of the Flexi, between it and your head
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/buns/Flexibun/th_fb-neu4.jpg (http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/buns/Flexibun/?action=view&current=fb-neu4.jpg)

down the other side, again behind the pin (between the pin and your head):
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/buns/Flexibun/th_fb-neu5.jpg (http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/buns/Flexibun/?action=view&current=fb-neu5.jpg)

continue wrapping, tuck the ends under:
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/buns/Flexibun/th_fb-neu6.jpg (http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/buns/Flexibun/?action=view&current=fb-neu6.jpg)

this is what the finished bun looks like (cinnabunny enough?):
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/buns/Flexibun/th_fb-neu7.jpg (http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/buns/Flexibun/?action=view&current=fb-neu7.jpg)

the same from one side (slight tendency to being a bee butt bun, i have to admit):
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/buns/Flexibun/th_fb-neu8.jpg (http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/buns/Flexibun/?action=view&current=fb-neu8.jpg)

You could try to use the same trick, but skip the u shape, start with your hair in a ponytail held with an L Flexi and twist and wrap your hair behind the pin. Or use an XL around the u shape.

HTH :)

- Kerri.

Pixna
March 10th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Wow, Kerri! My hair isn't long enough to even remotely do this yet, but that's really cool!! You are quite the flexi expert extraordinaire!!

MountainGypsy
March 10th, 2009, 02:48 PM
I love flexi-8's, they are so comfortable and well made. I find them great for airline travel too. I just placed my order and I have 5 new flexis on the way :cheese: Originally I was going to order 3 and use the 10% off option but the savings were much greater by purchasing 4 and getting a free one (I saved $14.00 :eyebrows:). Four are for me and one is for my mother.

On order are:
Windswirl center with purple-iris and green metallic beads (Med/silver)
Lovely garden fairy with clear bead accents (XSmall/antique gold)
Roman style cross with striking metallic beadwork (Small/silver) This is my mother's.
Circle stone-set in aurora borealis with green metallic bead (Med/silver)
Simple flower and danglie with garnet stone-set and beads (Small/silver)

The flexi's I already had are the Mighty Celtic Knot in small/silver (love this one), the Princess Tiara w/ dangles in mini/antique brass (this one I almost never wear, it is really too small for me), the Filigree Dragonfly in x-small/silver and a heart design they don't have available right now in silver/x-small which my mother has "stolen" from me, I think I'll just let her keep it :p

Jessaka
March 10th, 2009, 02:57 PM
^LOL....I have 5 on the way also O__o....but only 3 are for me, 2 for my mom ^__^

eadwine
March 10th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Nice trick, however that would never work for me without the use of extra pins. I have slippy hair ;)

bjt
March 10th, 2009, 03:44 PM
There IS a way a large can hold a cinnabun
...the same from one side (slight tendency to being a bee butt bun, i have to admit):

wow, cool idea Kerri. All my cinnabuns look like bee butts, actually. My hair is too slippy to do a proper cinnabun. I'm going to try this with a few other slides that I haven't worn in years becuase they were too small. Even if I have to use a pin or two, it would be nice to wear them again. It'll give me an idea if it'll work for me with the flexis.

thanks!

manyhorsesmane
March 10th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Those are lovely, E! :D

Linda K
March 10th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Linda, I wish that was my french twist! :D I quoted Jessaka, it's hers! Isn't her hair beautiful?
Sorry! It gets a little crazy trying to keep track of every one around here!

Mine got in just today and I love them.

A few pictures:

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/8994/flexired.th.jpg (http://img104.imageshack.us/my.php?image=flexired.jpg) http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/3354/flexiwhite.th.jpg (http://img104.imageshack.us/my.php?image=flexiwhite.jpg)

The white one is a stock large, the red one with dragonfly is completely custom (beads from one kind, dragonfly from another kind, and in large). I looooove the red one :D
Very pretty! Don't you just love being able to customize them too!

eadwine
March 11th, 2009, 03:53 AM
I love that fact, yes! I have a few that are custom like that, and they always turn out to be my favorites. :)

paper
March 11th, 2009, 07:00 AM

My ponytail circumference lies in the ii range, but is quite close to iii. I use a small for ponytails, it sits very tight. I cannot fit an XL around my whole cinnabun - but I can do cinnabuns with an L. Yes there's a trick, I will try to explain it (images are clickable):

Gather your hair and start twisting it, just like in a normal cinnabun
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/buns/Flexibun/th_fb-neu1.jpg (http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/buns/Flexibun/?action=view&current=fb-neu1.jpg)

Let it form an upside down U shape
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/buns/Flexibun/th_fb-neu2.jpg (http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/buns/Flexibun/?action=view&current=fb-neu2.jpg)

Clip the Flexi that is too small around this U shape:
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/buns/Flexibun/th_fb-neu3.jpg (http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/buns/Flexibun/?action=view&current=fb-neu3.jpg)

Continue wrapping in the same direction, but behind the sliding pin of the Flexi, between it and your head
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/buns/Flexibun/th_fb-neu4.jpg (http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/buns/Flexibun/?action=view&current=fb-neu4.jpg)

down the other side, again behind the pin (between the pin and your head):
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/buns/Flexibun/th_fb-neu5.jpg (http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/buns/Flexibun/?action=view&current=fb-neu5.jpg)

continue wrapping, tuck the ends under:
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/buns/Flexibun/th_fb-neu6.jpg (http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/buns/Flexibun/?action=view&current=fb-neu6.jpg)

this is what the finished bun looks like (cinnabunny enough?):
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/buns/Flexibun/th_fb-neu7.jpg (http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/buns/Flexibun/?action=view&current=fb-neu7.jpg)

the same from one side (slight tendency to being a bee butt bun, i have to admit):
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/buns/Flexibun/th_fb-neu8.jpg (http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Kerrikin/buns/Flexibun/?action=view&current=fb-neu8.jpg)

You could try to use the same trick, but skip the u shape, start with your hair in a ponytail held with an L Flexi and twist and wrap your hair behind the pin. Or use an XL around the u shape.

HTH :)

- Kerri.

Wow, that is a great trick.

akka naeda
March 11th, 2009, 07:35 AM

I tried it, there is no way a large can hold it, because it can't go over the initial looped bit and hold it securely - it either goes over half of it and wobbles, or it is unable to do up because there is too much hair. The XL can hold the basic loop, but then I have so much hair that it becomes unstable once it's all wrapped. I also tried it plaited, but after 2 hours had to redo my hair because it kept unwinding, although the flexi was quite secure, next time I will try extra pins. Possibly if I had hair between wait and classic it might be OK as an unplaited bun.

I had great hopes though, I've tried this technique years ago with a beak clip and it didn't work then when my hair was a fair bit shorter. I was hoping it might this time and that I could get a Ficcare Innovation:)

Leisje
March 11th, 2009, 10:13 PM
I've been staring at the flexi8 website all day, I want them so much! But I cannot for the life of me figure out which size is going to best fit my ponytail. I watched the video on sizing and now I'm even more confused.

Originally I was going to get a small for my ponytail, but now I'm worried it might end up being a wee bit too loose. My hair is fine, and also quite slippery. With a circumference of about 2.5". Does anyone else have hair like this?
I'm thinking an Xsmall might be the way to go to make sure its tight and stays in my hair.

Any thoughts?
Much appreciated.

Jessaka
March 12th, 2009, 12:51 AM
FREE SHIPPING from THURSDAY, March 12 - SUNDAY, March 15th.

O___O

Time to order again? ACK. I wish I would have waited, I ordered on Monday or something :(

steph in tx
March 12th, 2009, 12:55 AM
LOL! I was just coming to post the same thing. We're addicts, you and I!

Jessaka
March 12th, 2009, 12:56 AM
Yup, that we are O__o I just got that email and was like GRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Gotta order again? HAHA. I'm not going to though, shucks. I got everything that I *had* to have, LOL.

^Watch me eat my words in a few days, haha.

AngelInDisguise
March 12th, 2009, 01:57 AM
Leisje, I have a circumference of slightly over 2,5" and need an extra small for a pony, as my hair is straight and slippery. I use a Mini for a half-up, the extra small just slides out.

I do have some smalls which I used for Frech Twists but they now get too small as my layers are growing out and there is more ends to tuck under as my hair is getting longer so I think about ordering Mediums for that.

And a question from me: You thin hairs out there (with comparable circumference), which size do you use for cinnabuns and the like?

Naava
March 12th, 2009, 06:10 AM
I received my flexi-8 today! Yay!

It's so pretty and holds my hair really nicely. Mine is a medium and seems to be perfect for french twists and ponytails. I will take a picture of it when I have dyed my hair, now my ugly roots are showing too much...

eadwine
March 12th, 2009, 06:19 AM
And they say new designs, but I haven't seen any yet.

annie09
March 12th, 2009, 07:06 AM
great news i just ordered a new flexi and they are doing free shipping from 12th march till 15th plus i entered the blue code and got further discount so i got my xl flexi plus uk shipping for $17.10 (£12.70) woo hoo :cheese:

heres the flexi i ordered
http://s646.photobucket.com/albums/uu183/boggle567/?action=view&current=1047.jpg

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=2681&pictureid=33948

Pixna
March 12th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Very purdy, Annie. I ordered several today, too. I can't wear them just yet (hopefully in another month or two), but I'm stocking up in anticipation! :D

carinkla
March 12th, 2009, 08:56 AM
damn I just ordered an XXL wich is on its way. Now the shipping is free and I find I dont need any ( of course I would like some but I cant find a good excuse to buy them). Not surprisingly since I am a flexifan since oct 2006, wear them daily and therefore already have quite a nice collection

paper
March 12th, 2009, 09:06 AM
wow free shipping :cheese: I just might have to take advantage of that!

I did just buy a beautiful flexi on the swap board! :crush:

paper
March 12th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Ok, I couldn't help myself I just ordered a mini for $9! :D

LaurelSpring
March 12th, 2009, 09:48 AM
I just got the free shipping email! Oh no! I told myself I wasnt going to order anymore!!:tmi:

HairyCarrie
March 12th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Oh I got the email too and just ordered an extra small in silver! It's so pretty...

#0918 at $12.00
...... Lovely circle stone-set in aurora borealis
...... Description: extra_small/silver

Final price with discount code and free shipping: $10.80

What a deal for such a great product. Love my flexis. :smile:

Leisje
March 12th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Thank you for the reply AngelInDisguise.
I think I will get an extra small for pony, and a medium for updo's.

Oh wow, free shipping and a discount code? Now I definitely can't prevent myself from ordering.

KarenLynn
March 12th, 2009, 11:20 AM
My circumference is in the 2.5" area, and I use a small for ponytails. They usually hold fine. A medium will hold the center coil of a cinnamon bun, while a large will just barely hold the whole bun. An XL is ridiculously huge on me.

julya
March 12th, 2009, 11:41 AM
I just ordered 5! I got a mini, xs, s, m and xl. I'm pretty excited!

AngelInDisguise
March 12th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Thanks KarenLynn, I think my very slippery and straight hair makes the xs necessary.

Do you mean that the L barely holds the bun because it's too loose or only because it's a bit small for covering the whole bun? I'm not quick in understanding today, sorry!

Leisje
March 12th, 2009, 12:01 PM
I ordered an extra small "Elegant style center with clear stone-set and dangles" and a medium "Roman style cross with stone-set in antique brass".

I'm excited!

Feye
March 12th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Leisje, I have a circumference of slightly over 2,5" and need an extra small for a pony, as my hair is straight and slippery. I use a Mini for a half-up, the extra small just slides out.

I do have some smalls which I used for Frech Twists but they now get too small as my layers are growing out and there is more ends to tuck under as my hair is getting longer so I think about ordering Mediums for that.

And a question from me: You thin hairs out there (with comparable circumference), which size do you use for cinnabuns and the like?

Hi Angel, my circumference is similar to yours. I have the small for ponytails, the extra small for pulling only some hair back, and the Large for buns. The medium I can't get to work at all, it is too small to hold a bun for my BSL hair but I'm sure that also depends on the thickness of the ends.

Here's a pic of a Large flexi-8 in my hair, a braided bun with just a little room to grow:

http://pics.livejournal.com/challe/pic/0012xh00

AngelInDisguise
March 12th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Thanks a lot Feye! So I will keep an eye on the Large ones for buns (yes, some day I will hopefully reach BSL) and maybe a medium one for my French Twist alike cuddled up thingy. Lovely Flexi, by the way, I think I already admired it secretly some posts earlier.

Pixna
March 12th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Feye, that flexi looks FABULOUS in your braided bun!!! :applause

Now I am GREEN with bun (and hair) envy!!!

Ylliria
March 12th, 2009, 01:55 PM
For my hair type, I use: a medium for ponytails (I suppose a small could work but will be very tight), a large for figure 8 and folded braids, an XL for all buns.
They're fantastic hair toys, really, pretty and secure.

Feye
March 12th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Feye, that flexi looks FABULOUS in your braided bun!!! :applause

Now I am GREEN with bun (and hair) envy!!!

Pixna, you'll get there! And then you'll be able to wear all of your flexi-8's. :flower:

And aehm... bad, bad Pixna!! Your profile comment about the free shipping got me to place an order, and my flexi-8 collection has gone from cute to crazy :eyebrows: :crazyq: