PDA

View Full Version : The Flexi-8 / Lilla Rose Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70

eadwine
December 21st, 2015, 12:54 PM
It's the week before Christmas, so the last time I will see my clients before that time, hence. :)

Crystawni
December 21st, 2015, 04:04 PM
w00t! Um, h00t!!!! That is perfect on you, SK! I'm so happy it arrived in good time for you to enjoy now!

eadwine, I LOVE your festive Flexi dos, and this is no exception! Beautiful!

Thank you, Theobroma! :blossom: And no, no tutorial on that bun. I have been splitting my lwbs for a while now, and four is the most I've done. :disco: All I do is hold the bun pony in one hand, and split it into sections, one at a time, with my fingers (holding the unused pony in the same hand until the splits are used). I twist the sectioned split into a lwb around the pony (until the last lwb is made). Repeat with each remaining section (they pile on top of each other), with the last one (or two, or whatever) being flipped in the opposite direction to be secured with hairtoy of choice.

As for the mega, I find it holds best in a 1-7 position, because, yup, the pin is heavy. It stays put really well as a cage, though, even though my hair is soooo soft and slippery, with compactability. When I angle the flexi 9-3 it wants to drag my bun down more (though still staying bunned), and that's also when I can feel the weight (not there otherwise).

While I'm here, here's the other hibiscus flexi I almost didn't snag due to it not being listed in the BF sale until after I'd ordered.
Hibiscus Sunset (https://shop.lillarose.biz/MemberToolsDotNet/ShoppingCartv3/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=20286&CatalogueID=211&PartyID=0&PartyGuestID=0&InternalUse=1&ProductGroupString=109.110), medium, in a lwp. I haven't spied any action shots of this one, yet, so included a couple of close ups. :)

https://i.imgur.com/uhOqm13.jpg

AlyBlu
December 21st, 2015, 06:18 PM
Such lovely pictures...

eadwine, cute Christmas 'do!

Crystawni, your action shots are awesome as ever! I love the Winter Celebration in your hair and that bun looks so elegant and intricate -- is there a tutorial anywhere? As for the Mega, how do you find it holds when it goes all the way around the bun like a buncage?

I'm not sure my shed recovery has advanced to the point where my bun is firm enough to handle a Mega. The sheer weight of the pin could turn out to be a problem...
I actually really like bun caging. It is very sturdy for me. As for weight, try one that has the tubing, instead of beads. They are much lighter, they work well for me on headaches days as I notice a lot less weight pulling on the bun. I would think that would help if you are still having shedding.

AlyBlu
December 21st, 2015, 06:21 PM
Such great photos.

eadwine
December 21st, 2015, 11:16 PM
I really like that pink one :D Thanks for the compliment on my updo btw :)

Theobroma
December 22nd, 2015, 03:38 AM
Crystawni, :thud: for that hibiscus! Darn, now I wish I'd got one during the sale, because if that pink looks so lovely in your colouring I could pull it off too. The website pics make it look much more candy-coloured and I didn't think it was for me.

I just tried your multi-split LWB and... well, the less said, the better. With my texture and regrowth it just ends up looking as though I'd stuck a tribble on the back of my head. Fluff City! :D But the same thing happens when I try a disc bun or a split bun -- dividing the pony into sections, even if it's only two, really shows off all those mid-length hairs hairs to worst advantage, and my wurly texture means that they end up sticking out in all directions! :scared:

AlyBlu, I'm not shedding any more, and I haven't since I gave up CO... but it's going to take a few more years for my length to thicken up again. A large proportion of it is still so skinny that it adds no bulk at all to my bun, and I don't think I'll be trying a mega until much more of it has filled out again.

I really don't like the clips with tubing, though. I have one and while it's OK for looks, the tubes just feel coarse and plasticky and... well, cheap to the touch. Plus, they might run small. My XL Pearl is tiny compared to the rest of my XLs, so much so that the pin looks incongruously large. All in all, the tubing clips are not at all my thing, I'm afraid!

Zesty
December 22nd, 2015, 11:24 AM
Crystawni, I love that style, and the flexi looks great with your hair color!

My stuff got here in time for Christmas! And everything seems to be intact. I'll post action shots as I wear them. (Planning on sporting the snowflakes for Christmas, even if it's going to be 70°F...)

rags
December 22nd, 2015, 11:55 AM
I"m hopelessy behind in this thread, though I have been lurking and loving everyone's pics! So I will only go with this page (as my poor scrambled brain can't remember farther back and I'd probably get people mixed up! :p )

Jennareid, yeah I always like the clips better in the LHC shots, even if they're not action shots. Fissure is MUCH worse for this than Lillarose, but at least Lillarose is now including action shots with some of their new clips (that might be how I ended up with so many at the sale. They have a silver-haired model!)

Crystawni, that flexi is every bit as gorgeous on you as I thought it would be - love it! :crush: I"m a bit jealous that you can wear a medium in that do, though, LOL. Mediums are my "big" size!! :p

Theobroma , well I would say I'm right there with you, but I chopped mine off, LOL. But yeah, the entire bottom half of my hair added no bulk to my bun even before the shed got really bad. I do understand!
I have a couple of the tubing ones in mini. I won't get them in larger sizes for the reasons you've described. I too find they feel cheap, even if they don't look it in some people's hair (but I think they do in mine because the tubing stands out). But I loved the turtle so much I caved anyway, and then the butterfly I find the minis are ok for that, as they're so small you just don't notice it as much.

AlyBlu
December 22nd, 2015, 04:04 PM
I have three in tubing, the turtle, the butterfly and the celtic cross. For me, the weight helps. My neck was injured in a car accident and I get headaches and neck pain, and I can barely feel the ones with tubing, which helps on bad days.

Etna
December 22nd, 2015, 05:12 PM
The newer (I hadn't ordered for years) clips seem to be much nicer than the older styled ones. I did like the older style ones too, so that's a pretty big compliment. My most recent order comprised of cera, daisy and merry iris clips and they are all completely beautiful.

dulce
December 22nd, 2015, 05:58 PM
Thanks Alyblu!

Crystawni
December 22nd, 2015, 10:40 PM
Thank you, AlyBlu, eadwine, Theobroma, (Tribbleroma? :bigtongue:) Zesty, and rags! :D

And another point on the mega for me; I don't find the 8 part heavy at all, unlike the pin. :whistle:

The weather is crud (we have nice water features happening, though :p), so it's another indoor pic today. Merry Iris (https://shop.lillarose.biz/MemberToolsDotNet/ShoppingCartv3/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=20765&CatalogueID=211&PartyID=0&PartyGuestID=0&InternalUse=1&ProductGroupString=109.110), medium.

https://i.imgur.com/6IJlApX.jpg

Theobroma
December 23rd, 2015, 02:43 AM
Theobroma , well I would say I'm right there with you, but I chopped mine off, LOL. But yeah, the entire bottom half of my hair added no bulk to my bun even before the shed got really bad. I do understand!
I have a couple of the tubing ones in mini. I won't get them in larger sizes for the reasons you've described. I too find they feel cheap, even if they don't look it in some people's hair (but I think they do in mine because the tubing stands out). But I loved the turtle so much I caved anyway, and then the butterfly I find the minis are ok for that, as they're so small you just don't notice it as much.

Thanks for understanding, rags! :grouphug: It's such a pain in the you-know-where to know that the only thing you can do is sit tight for years while you wait for the regrowth to grow back down to the hemline. The only reason I'm not chopping is that I'd have to take off so much that I'd be even less happy with the result than I am with the current state of affairs.

The thing that I do like about my tubing Flexi (Pearl) is that the colour of the tubing blends so much with my hair that the overall effect of the clip is very understated. I'd say the principle of these styles is really good, but the implementation isn't all that I'd like it to be. If the tubes were a nicer material and the size of the loop were more in proportion to the pin length, this might be one of my favourite clips.

Watch your emails end of the week. Saturday sale!

Uh-oh. I smell trouble coming my way!

I think I need to make a firm resolution not to get anything unless it's at least 40% off. I spent too much on the Black Friday sale and my Flexi hoard is threatening to outgrow the available storage space! Luckily the fuchsia Hibiscus is sold out in XL anyway...

Crystawni
December 23rd, 2015, 03:51 AM
Uh-oh. I smell trouble coming my way!

I think I need to make a firm resolution not to get anything unless it's at least 40% off. I spent too much on the Black Friday sale and my Flexi hoard is threatening to outgrow the available storage space! Luckily the fuchsia Hibiscus is sold out in XL anyway...

Hopefully they restock for the sale... :wink: And I agree with thinking the hibiscus sunset would look great with your colouring!

On the other side of things, I've been recovering from a few massive sheds (medical, lifestyle, hormones, etc.,) but am a little scared as to how much more hair I have coming in as I'm already bordering III... Some regrowth has caught up to my low ponytail grab area, but I've now got more that's sprouted around my hairline like forehead, nape and ears (longer than them, but newly noticeable in the humid weather). I just wish it would thicken up on my right side (sooooo thin, and always has been). It will be good when it all travels down the length so the sides and ends don't look so straggly, but I haz a scared all the same.

DreamSheep
December 23rd, 2015, 05:29 AM
:kitten: it's yours! also my cat stole my mantecados last night while I slept, only you can relate to this tragedy

I <3 you. And I can sort out the mantecados for you ;-)

Zesty
December 23rd, 2015, 06:22 AM
WOW, Crystawni, that is gorgeous in your hair! I haven't been a huge fan of the Merry Iris (I don't think it would look great on me), but you make me love it!

I'm wearing my Copper Rose in L today. Love love love. Copper Rose 4ever. :cloud9:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20538&d=1450876686

Very gloomy indoor pic (it's rather dark outside, though it shouldn't be) and messy updo that I fixed post-picture lol. But I still like it!

Theobroma
December 23rd, 2015, 06:38 AM
Hopefully they restock for the sale... :wink: And I agree with thinking the hibiscus sunset would look great with your colouring!

On the other side of things, I've been recovering from a few massive sheds (medical, lifestyle, hormones, etc.,) but am a little scared as to how much more hair I have coming in as I'm already bordering III... Some regrowth has caught up to my low ponytail grab area, but I've now got more that's sprouted around my hairline like forehead, nape and ears (longer than them, but newly noticeable in the humid weather). I just wish it would thicken up on my right side (sooooo thin, and always has been). It will be good when it all travels down the length so the sides and ends don't look so straggly, but I haz a scared all the same.

Heh. Now that's a problem I wouldn't mind having! :D On bad days I'm still angsting that the hair I lost to CO washing might not all be growing back in. I have my old thickness back if I ponytail pretty much right above my forehead, but not if I do a low ponytail at the nape. And it's been almost four years since I quit CO. :(

Much of the regrowth is now somewhere between APL and just below BSL, I think -- at least that's where my length fuzzes out into a fat, messy tribble before tapering down sharply to the diameter of a pencil. It's a really infuriating stage and hairtoys are a real sanity-saver, since if I can put it up and fasten it with something pretty, I don't have to think about the mess being concealed within the bun! Which is why I'm not ruling out the possibility of another merry rampage on the LR site during the Saturday sale, heaven help me... ;)

rags
December 23rd, 2015, 08:51 AM
Crystawni, love that Merry Iris in your hair! It just looks so cheerful with your streaks!

Theobroma, yeah that's how my hair was before the shed got really bad. After it got bad, I had gaps where it fell out in patches (quick, heavy, medication shed coupled with the anemia taking a nosedive), so I had just strings hanging down with patches in between. And due to a different, nice NEW medical problem I couldn't put it up for almost four months. Thus the chop. Otherwise I would have kept it up and rode it out along with you!

And I plan to be too busy Saturday to look at the site. Maybe. Hopefully? :p

eadwine
December 23rd, 2015, 09:00 AM
We'll see if I am going to get something for my birthday, dunno yet :)

mermaid lullaby
December 23rd, 2015, 09:30 AM
Flexi 8's are so pretty!

*scrolls through the pages*

mermaid lullaby
December 23rd, 2015, 09:31 AM
Oh! It's my first anniversery!

I want a flexi 8 too!

AlyBlu
December 23rd, 2015, 11:00 AM
Love that Merry Iris!

AlyBlu
December 23rd, 2015, 11:01 AM
I am not sure why I am not bothered by the tubing. The differences in sizes of the eight bugs me a bit, my turtle is comparble to most others but the butterfly is significantly less.

Kaya
December 23rd, 2015, 11:10 AM
Got my Merry Iris you-pins today! :cheer:

Seriously, I don't know why I assumed the pins are sold solo...:oops: I thought I was going to get 3 pins, not 6! Duh. The pins are sold in pairs. I'm certainly not complaining though! :o

FWIW, they came in a box, instead of the usual bubble envelop. So perhaps they are taking measures to ensure the pins arrive in perfect condition? Let's hope so.

eadwine
December 23rd, 2015, 01:39 PM
Ahh good going that they are going for boxes. A flat box, or? You know.. one that fits in the letterbox?

Kaya
December 23rd, 2015, 02:25 PM
Ahh good going that they are going for boxes. A flat box, or? You know.. one that fits in the letterbox?

Erm. I'm not sure. We get all my LillaRose stuff through our PO Box, so we just get the slip to pick it up at the counter.

It was mailed in a United States Postal Service Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box. Here's a link to the product page so you can see the box size. Hope that helps! :)

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/uspsProductDetailMultiSkuDropDown.jsp?productId=P_ SMALL_FRB

eadwine
December 24th, 2015, 08:06 AM
Hrmm.. we'll see if it fits through the slot or not :)

dulce
December 24th, 2015, 07:41 PM
Lilla rose sale on the 26th december..

masa_inn
December 25th, 2015, 05:33 PM
Lilla rose sale on the 26th december..

Could you please elaborate? I usually receive their promotional emails; but nothing about this sale.

Thank you!

AlyBlu
December 25th, 2015, 06:05 PM
<Mod note: Items removed.>

Zesty
December 25th, 2015, 06:24 PM
I will probably have to make myself sit out this sale, though of course it depends on just how tempting it is...

Here's my Christmas 'do. Pretending it's a white Christmas.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20565&d=1451092929

The pins + mini flexi combo is probably my favorite LR hairstyle now. :)

Groovy Granny
December 25th, 2015, 10:11 PM
I will probably have to make myself sit out this sale, though of course it depends on just how tempting it is...

Very pretty :)

Crystawni
December 26th, 2015, 12:53 AM
Thank you, Zesty (adore the copper rose!), rags and AlyBlu. :toast:

Bahahaha, Kaya, that sounds like the more, the merry-iriser? :p

Oh yes, Theobroma, thank goodness for bunnage and purdy hairtoys! Most of my year's growth has been trimmed off to keep the see-through white wisps from webbing into tangles at the hint of movement. Next year t'will be onwards and downwards (for us all), I hope.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20565&d=1451092929

I can see why--you rock it! And it's very inspiring, too. :D

eadwine
December 26th, 2015, 12:57 AM
And the sale is ON

and I am not getting anything this time.. WOW! :lol:

julee
December 26th, 2015, 01:35 AM
So tempted by the winter wonder and turquoise tranquility! I've been debating getting them for so long-we'll see, I may cave yet...

Theobroma
December 26th, 2015, 02:14 AM
Beautiful Christmas do, Zesty!

I'm not getting anything either. The pink hibiscus is sold out in xl and I'm not tempted by anything else.

Just as well, given how much I bought on the Black Friday sale... :D

Kaya
December 26th, 2015, 06:28 AM
Aw. :( I was hoping they would have restocked Merry Iris in XL for the sale.

Theobroma
December 26th, 2015, 07:52 AM
Oh yes, Theobroma, thank goodness for bunnage and purdy hairtoys! Most of my year's growth has been trimmed off to keep the see-through white wisps from webbing into tangles at the hint of movement. Next year t'will be onwards and downwards (for us all), I hope.

Not for me! I have at least three years of maintaining still to go before the bulk of my thickness gets close to my ends. :(

On the bright side, I'm pretty much at the length I originally declared as goal (classic), and I rather like it here. It's long enough to feel "right" but not long enough to be a nuisance when down, and I'm starting to think that I'll probably find myself staying at about this length. Luckily I've never been tempted to go for knee length or anything like that -- I'm sure I'd find it far too annoying to deal with on a day-to-day basis. So maintaining isn't as frustrating as it might be if I were planning to go longer!

RebekahE
December 26th, 2015, 01:13 PM
My horseshoe flexi arrived today. Finally! I originally ordered a large but it didn't fit, so I had to exchange it for an XL and it arrived today.

http://oi66.tinypic.com/29mt57a.jpg
http://i68.tinypic.com/2yjuibl.jpg

I still need way more practice taking pictures of my own head. The lighting in the bathroom stinks, but if I turn the light off and the flash on there's to much glare. And the light in the computer room is hit and miss, not to mention my skills of taking pictures of the back of my head.

cat11
December 26th, 2015, 04:28 PM
im not getting anything either it is too close to the last sale and without new merch....

RebekahE
December 26th, 2015, 05:44 PM
Desperately trying to keep from going on the Lilla Rose site. They're all so pretty!
ETA: I caved. I ordered the Star of David XL and medium Star of David for my Mom to get free shipping.

ashke50
December 28th, 2015, 04:09 PM
This may be my new favourite Flexi!

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/ashke50/Random/1886BC37-8DEA-43E1-BF30-7CE910FB538A_zpsoeohbfgq.jpg (http://s87.photobucket.com/user/ashke50/media/Random/1886BC37-8DEA-43E1-BF30-7CE910FB538A_zpsoeohbfgq.jpg.html)

AlyBlu
December 28th, 2015, 04:24 PM
Absolutely gorgeous!

RebekahE
December 28th, 2015, 05:17 PM
Really pretty, ashke50

JadedByEntropy
December 28th, 2015, 07:54 PM

i second that! looks great with your color too :D

Zesty
December 29th, 2015, 07:28 AM
ashke50, that is beautiful!

eadwine
December 29th, 2015, 10:57 AM
That is looking VERY pretty indeed :)

DreamSheep
December 29th, 2015, 02:19 PM
Gorgeous ashke!! :)

I'm always on the fence on whether to get that flexi, it looks so stunning and bright on everyone else! <3

Ellethwyn
December 30th, 2015, 03:07 PM
ashke50, the blues in that one are beautiful! It looks so nice in your hair!

Ellethwyn
December 30th, 2015, 03:09 PM
I got this little one for Christmas, also the snowflake. i think they are especially comfy for ponytails.

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/352x529q90/907/8X1dZa.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/794x529q90/905/YGGbPd.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/791x529q90/908/wmp1AI.jpg

librarychick
December 30th, 2015, 06:51 PM
I got Flexis for Christmas!!! :D

My mum got me an XXL and two XS Keltic Lores! I got myself two XXL on their Boxing day sale - Carmine and Dusky Plum. I'll definitely buy from the Black Friday sale next year, way better deals. :/

I'm so excited for them all to come!!! Finally, flexis that will hold my WHOLE bun!

Red.
December 30th, 2015, 11:55 PM
Ellethwyn your hair is so pretty! I love your shade of blonde. The snowflake looks especially nice on you.

ashke50
December 31st, 2015, 08:09 AM
Absolutely gorgeous!

Really pretty, ashke50

i second that! looks great with your color too :D

ashke50, that is beautiful!

That is looking VERY pretty indeed :)

Gorgeous ashke!! :)

I'm always on the fence on whether to get that flexi, it looks so stunning and bright on everyone else! <3

ashke50, the blues in that one are beautiful! It looks so nice in your hair!

Thank you all! :flower:

mbella77
December 31st, 2015, 11:14 AM

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/ashke50/Random/1886BC37-8DEA-43E1-BF30-7CE910FB538A_zpsoeohbfgq.jpg (http://s87.photobucket.com/user/ashke50/media/Random/1886BC37-8DEA-43E1-BF30-7CE910FB538A_zpsoeohbfgq.jpg.html) That really does pop in hair. When I hold it in my hand I am feel Eh but once it's in the hair I am in love.

Did you see January's design? I am torn again.

jennareid
December 31st, 2015, 12:45 PM
Is it fake druzy in the centre? They look... ok. I'd be worried about the middle falling out since it looks glued in. I think it might be one of those flexis that looks way nicer in person.

Theobroma
December 31st, 2015, 01:33 PM
Oooh, the January FotM looks very elegant! I like the colours. Need to get a closer look at the centre, though!

RebekahE
December 31st, 2015, 01:39 PM
Why did you have to post that mbella77? Now I want it and I promised myself no more flexi's for a couple of months. lol
It is so pretty!!!

KittyBird
December 31st, 2015, 01:55 PM
I was planning on skipping the january fotm, but wow.. I might have to get that one. It's gorgeous!

Ellethwyn
December 31st, 2015, 03:35 PM
Ellethwyn your hair is so pretty! I love your shade of blonde. The snowflake looks especially nice on you.

Thank you!

mbella77
December 31st, 2015, 07:01 PM
My very first clip was a mix metal design (Flora designs). I love them the most for everyday look but over the years I have been enjoying other gems like the Crimson joy. I just had to get more sizes of that beauty.

AlyBlu
December 31st, 2015, 07:23 PM
Wishing you all a Happy New Year!

eadwine
January 1st, 2016, 01:14 AM
New Flexi is out. The center looks like a stone surface or something?

https://cloud.lillarose.biz/FX/Z/FX-2657_Z.jpg

earthybee
January 1st, 2016, 08:54 AM
It's so pretty! I can't wait to see it in person :joy:

Theobroma
January 1st, 2016, 10:45 AM
Phew. I'm safe. :)

It's pretty, but the colours are similar enough to Winter Celebration that I can pass it up without regrets. Just as well, too, because I went slightly crazy during the Black Friday sale!

Willowyn
January 1st, 2016, 08:03 PM
So...I was surfing the web this afternoon, and I just happened to check out the Lilla Rose site, and two Flexis (an XS and a Small) fell into the cart and were quickly paid for, so I guess I'll now have a chance to see how they'll do for allowing me to wear my hair down a bit more often. You may all congratulate yourselves on some outstanding enabling.

AlyBlu
January 1st, 2016, 08:33 PM
So...I was surfing the web this afternoon, and I just happened to check out the Lilla Rose site, and two Flexis (an XS and a Small) fell into the cart and were quickly paid for, so I guess I'll now have a chance to see how they'll do for allowing me to wear my hair down a bit more often. You may all congratulate yourselves on some outstanding enabling.
Welcome to the tribe! Which ones did you get?

Willowyn
January 1st, 2016, 10:09 PM
Extra Small Gold Simple Band and a Small Roman Cross.
One of the waitresses at the inn we're staying at was wearing a simple band Flexi last night, and I decided it was fate.

mermaid lullaby
January 3rd, 2016, 10:37 AM
Extra Small Gold Simple Band and a Small Roman Cross.
One of the waitresses at the inn we're staying at was wearing a simple band Flexi last night, and I decided it was fate.

Oh, can't wait to see!

SteelRose
January 3rd, 2016, 01:06 PM
So....has anyone else managed to snap the stick on a flexi or is that just me? :( The only one I had that was big enough to hold all my hair in a bun for work too.

eadwine
January 3rd, 2016, 01:29 PM
Snap the stick??? Whoa, no.. I have bent a quattro once, but snap a flexi stick, no.

There is a warranty on the flexis by the way, 1 year.

lazuliblue
January 3rd, 2016, 01:38 PM
No, I've never snapped it, only worried about snapping it, which with my hair type is just never going to happen. As Eadwine said there is a warranty.

eadwine
January 3rd, 2016, 01:40 PM
I am more worried about snapping the 8 part than the stick.. must have been something off with that thing though.

SteelRose
January 3rd, 2016, 01:41 PM
Snap the stick??? Whoa, no.. I have bent a quattro once, but snap a flexi stick, no.

There is a warranty on the flexis by the way, 1 year.

I snapped it all the way through, not just bent. I have probably had it for 2-3 years, so the warranty is no help. My hair eats toys. Seriously. I thought the flexi would be safe. I was wrong.

Willowyn
January 4th, 2016, 03:43 PM
SteelRose, I'm sorry to hear about your broken Flexi! The hairtoy news at my house is more positive - my first Flexis are here, and I guessed right on the sizing! The half-up is with an XS, and the pony is Small. The beads on the Simple Band are slender enough that I can also use it for a pony, and the Roman Cross works in a center-held bun. I really like the adaptability, and it's really nice to have the option of wearing my hair down, so I'll probably be adding one or two more to my hairtoy collection!
http://i1333.photobucket.com/albums/w633/Willowyn57/First%20Flexis_zps8elrtopq.jpg (http://s1333.photobucket.com/user/Willowyn57/media/First%20Flexis_zps8elrtopq.jpg.html)

Fericera
January 4th, 2016, 04:28 PM
Those look so pretty Willowyn! You picked well.

MsPharaohMoan
January 4th, 2016, 04:47 PM
http://i65.tinypic.com/1f8wh5.jpg

essence flexi... Haven't heard much regarding this one on this thread but oh I likes it...

http://i63.tinypic.com/211mc7.jpg

extra large is officially my most comfiest size. Check out the bun cage action! Woohoo!

Fericera
January 5th, 2016, 07:09 AM
http://i63.tinypic.com/211mc7.jpg

extra large is officially my most comfiest size. Check out the bun cage action! Woohoo!

That looks really nice! I need to get a bigger one so I can try this. Hair sticks alone still don't hold all day, but the "cage" would probably help keep everything together.

earthybee
January 5th, 2016, 02:07 PM
So pretty Willowyn! I love the color of your hair too . :crush: MsPharaohMoan that's beautiful I love the simplicity.

The new flexi arrived today. Unfortunately I thought I had it fully secured but oh well. I was surprised the center is raised like a gold nugget except silver in color. The sparkle is incredible. I was pretty excited about this one.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1575/23570841003_2a15670c3c_c.jpg

eadwine
January 5th, 2016, 02:57 PM
It looks beautiful on you!!!

Me on the other hand, really glad I didn't take it; I don't like the raised look. :/

earthybee
January 5th, 2016, 03:18 PM
Thank you eadwine ...It's definitely raised and textured not smooth. :o

kt2062
January 5th, 2016, 03:31 PM
Has anyone ordered the hairbands and used them around around their buns with the hairclips? I think the pearls would be so pretty draped through the hair around the French bun but cannot figure out how to attach it to my hair. When I tried to order it, it was sold out during the holidays. When will the next big sale be?
Thanks, Kathy
a LHC Newbie

Willowyn
January 5th, 2016, 08:12 PM
So pretty Willowyn! I love the color of your hair too . :crush: MsPharaohMoan that's beautiful I love the simplicity.

The new flexi arrived today. Unfortunately I thought I had it fully secured but oh well. I was surprised the center is raised like a gold nugget except silver in color. The sparkle is incredible. I was pretty excited about this one.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1575/23570841003_2a15670c3c_c.jpg

Wowsa. That is all.

Sparklylady82
January 6th, 2016, 12:39 AM
You may remember me winning awhile back that my package of goods was stolen out of my mailbox! Well, lilla rose is sending me a replacement order! I will update with photos soon!

Kaya
January 6th, 2016, 05:29 AM
Has anyone ordered the hairbands and used them around around their buns with the hairclips? I think the pearls would be so pretty draped through the hair around the French bun but cannot figure out how to attach it to my hair. When I tried to order it, it was sold out during the holidays. When will the next big sale be?
Thanks, Kathy
a LHC Newbie

Welcome to the LHC! :flower:

I've thought about this as well, though not recently. Thank you for reminding me! :)

What I came up with at the spur of the moment this morning: take off the elastic part of the headband. It's easy enough with the clasps. Then what I did was thread each end ring through a simple bobby pin. That way, you can anchor one end under whatever hair style base you choose and then weave or wrap accordingly. I'll see if I can't get an action shot of my Colors on Parade flexi and headband tomorrow.

Hope that helps! Perhaps others will chime in with more ideas for wearing the headbands. :o

Cornflake
January 6th, 2016, 08:01 AM
I received my Black Friday order and have been wearing my new flexis a lot lately.

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y348/Zwergpirat88/flexi/CAM02508_zpsjwhxdkbk.jpg http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y348/Zwergpirat88/flexi/CAM02549_zpssdsl3yek.jpg http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y348/Zwergpirat88/flexi/CAM02336_zpshsiy6rkw.jpg

Can't help with the headbands, sorry.

parkmikii
January 6th, 2016, 11:39 AM
I saw some rumours that the flexi8 will cost more since 1st February. Is that true? :/

lazuliblue
January 6th, 2016, 11:39 AM
Has anyone else heard about the impending price increase? Definitely not good for people who want to stay under the customs limit!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BANN75KL1PH/?taken-by=to_do_good_things

I'm glad that they are replacing your order Sparklylady82.
Those flexis look beautiful in your hair Cornflake!

Edit: I think parkmikii and I cross-posted!

JadedByEntropy
January 6th, 2016, 12:06 PM
If the increase includes a more frequent 60% off sale, then it wont affect anything but customs i guess. As long as they do sales, i'll play along

lazuliblue
January 6th, 2016, 12:09 PM
Yes, hopefully for us sales will make up for any price increases. It's just if a flexi of the month comes out that it will have a bigger effect for me, as I would be worried about waiting to see if it returns in their Black Friday sale. Ah well.

Sparklylady82
January 6th, 2016, 03:52 PM
I received my Black Friday order and have been wearing my new flexis a lot lately.

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y348/Zwergpirat88/flexi/CAM02508_zpsjwhxdkbk.jpg http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y348/Zwergpirat88/flexi/CAM02549_zpssdsl3yek.jpg http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y348/Zwergpirat88/flexi/CAM02336_zpshsiy6rkw.jpg

Can't help with the headbands, sorry.

Your braids are gorgeous and I love how you are using the flexi as an accent! I ordered a mini so I will try this out myself.

Willowyn
January 6th, 2016, 05:11 PM
Are those minis or extra-smalls?

AlyBlu
January 6th, 2016, 05:51 PM
Great photos.

Cornflake
January 7th, 2016, 07:42 AM
Thank you! :flowers:
I am hoping for pictures, Sparklylady :o

Those are minis, Willowyn.

two_wheels
January 7th, 2016, 12:42 PM
Adore your style, Cornflake.

Thought I'd cross post my recent acquisitions here - pink hibiscus (as enabled by Crystawni) and Chenoa :heartbeat
Chenoa has finally allowed me to move my dreamcatcher into the 'for sale' box. It has everything I love about dreamcatcher except it is GOLD yay
http://i.imgur.com/VDhNdcD.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/5GKQZdl.jpg

cat11
January 8th, 2016, 11:11 PM
I really like the hibiscus on you! I ordered the blue one and I loved it and was surprised by the quality of the enamel centerpeice.

Sparklylady82
January 9th, 2016, 10:02 AM
Got my shipment http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww233/sparklylady82/20160108_140409_zpsjk9xp1mz_edit_1452358603080_zps 3fgqgxa4.jpg (http://s723.photobucket.com/user/sparklylady82/media/20160108_140409_zpsjk9xp1mz_edit_1452358603080_zps 3fgqgxa4.jpg.html)

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww233/sparklylady82/20160108_141742_zps0d3mvpyv.jpg (http://s723.photobucket.com/user/sparklylady82/media/20160108_141742_zps0d3mvpyv.jpg.html)

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww233/sparklylady82/20160108_141511_zps50sslnzi.jpg (http://s723.photobucket.com/user/sparklylady82/media/20160108_141511_zps50sslnzi.jpg.html)

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww233/sparklylady82/20160108_141115_zpsx91jxkff.jpg (http://s723.photobucket.com/user/sparklylady82/media/20160108_141115_zpsx91jxkff.jpg.html)

cat11
January 9th, 2016, 02:12 PM
rediculously gorgeous!!!

two_wheels
January 9th, 2016, 02:23 PM
I really like the hibiscus on you! I ordered the blue one and I loved it and was surprised by the quality of the enamel centerpeice.

Me too, very surprised & pleased!

Lovely pics sparkly :)

AlyBlu
January 9th, 2016, 05:47 PM
Great photos!

JadedByEntropy
January 9th, 2016, 06:34 PM
My XL "Grace" that i had to exchange was back and out for delivery when i had to leave for school. :/ wont get it for a few weeks now. :(

Crystawni
January 16th, 2016, 08:23 PM
I've been lurking, and gotta say I've been admiring the beautiful eye-candy from Willowyn, MsPharaohMoan, earthybee, Cornflake, Wheelie and Sparkly! Everything is choice for your hair and style!

As for me, my Winter Celebration You-Pins arrived last week, so here they are holding up today's rough and ready troll (twist/roll thingy). :cool:

https://i.imgur.com/VRRVpsU.jpg

Theobroma
January 17th, 2016, 03:29 AM
I love it, Crystawni! Mind, your gorgeous colouring is even more stunning than the pins. :crush:

Now I'm tempted by those you-pins again. I have Winter Celebration in XL and a pair of Minis, so I don't really need the pins as well, but they're so elegant and beautiful!

Kiwibird
January 17th, 2016, 03:57 AM
They look great. I'm so happy that I bought a Winter Celebration Flexi too. At first I didn't like her....and then I bought one on BF.

Willowyn
January 17th, 2016, 09:47 AM
Good morning, all. I just received a beautiful XS Flexi from the swap board, and was disappointed to find that it's silver, not gold. This is NOT the fault of the seller, as neither she nor I even mentioned the color during the transaction (I loved the design and didn't think to ask), but SAD FACE here. Anyone have an XS or Small gold or bronze or two-toned or something not all silver they'd like to trade? I'll do a swap board listing at some point, but right now taking pics, etc etc is too much to deal with, and I'd really like to keep this simple. Oh, here's (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=135758) the original listing with pics.
Thanks for allowing the derail.
:pray:

Crystawni
January 19th, 2016, 02:42 PM
I love it, Crystawni! Mind, your gorgeous colouring is even more stunning than the pins. :crush:

Now I'm tempted by those you-pins again. I have Winter Celebration in XL and a pair of Minis, so I don't really need the pins as well, but they're so elegant and beautiful!

They look great. I'm so happy that I bought a Winter Celebration Flexi too. At first I didn't like her....and then I bought one on BF.

Thank you! :blossom: Sad part is I don't think the Winter Celebration You-Pins are listed anymore as it was a FOTM.

Groovy Granny
January 19th, 2016, 05:42 PM
A Regina (https://shop.lillarose.biz/MemberToolsDotNet/ShoppingCartv3/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=20604&CatalogueID=211&PartyID=0&PartyGuestID=0&InternalUse=1&ProductGroupString=109.110) is on it's way for my 64th BD.
I am suddenly into RED; must be all my silver influence lol

Kiwibird
January 20th, 2016, 12:47 AM
I'm convinced the Winter Celebration Pins will be back for BF. Maybe I'll buy a pair too.

<Mod redaction>

Theobroma
January 20th, 2016, 02:09 AM
Thank you! :blossom: Sad part is I don't think the Winter Celebration You-Pins are listed anymore as it was a FOTM.

Well, I really shouldn't be buying any, so it's just as well that they're unavailable. And as we've seen, FotMs have a way of coming back every now and again, so I can probably snag a set at some future date. And if I can't, I'll just enjoy my Winter Celebration flexi instead, no worries!

Groovy Granny
January 20th, 2016, 01:41 PM
<Mod redaction>
That would be MY luck seeing I JUST bought a clip.
It was not expensive....it's the principle of the matter for this 'frugal granny' ...but not the first time I would have missed a sale lol

Kiwibird
January 21st, 2016, 12:34 AM
<Mod redaction>

jennareid
January 21st, 2016, 06:34 AM
I might pick up a clip or two if it's a decent sale. I probably won't be buying any again outside of sales if they raise the prices like they planned.

AlyBlu
January 21st, 2016, 10:49 PM
<Mod redaction>

Sparklylady82
January 21st, 2016, 11:14 PM
I've been lurking, and gotta say I've been admiring the beautiful eye-candy from Willowyn, MsPharaohMoan, earthybee, Cornflake, Wheelie and Sparkly! Everything is choice for your hair and style!

As for me, my Winter Celebration You-Pins arrived last week, so here they are holding up today's rough and ready troll (twist/roll thingy). :cool:

http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o722/Weighting/WEO%20MKII/112.%20Flexi%20You%20Pins%20Winter%20Celebration_z ps7rhhicu8.jpg

I really like the Upins! The Winter celebration looks perfect in your hair. :o

Kiwibird
January 22nd, 2016, 12:41 AM
<Mod redaction>

Theobroma
January 22nd, 2016, 01:18 AM
Oh good, I'm safe for another month then. Penguins are cute, but I don't need one in my hair! :)

lazuliblue
January 22nd, 2016, 01:25 AM
I love the penguin one :) I have always said to myself that if they ever do one with a bird (other than the peacock) I shall get it! Plus, in the photo it doesn't look completely like a penguin, so hopefully it will suit people who like different birds too.

KittyBird
January 22nd, 2016, 01:57 AM
Is there a picture of the new FOTMs somewhere? I'd love to see them!

eadwine
January 22nd, 2016, 02:18 AM
Same here!!

lazuliblue
January 22nd, 2016, 06:34 AM
The picture of the penguin one is on this lady's Instagram, I've linked to her Instagram before but I hope it's ok to do so:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BA07QgSr1PQ/?taken-by=to_do_good_things

Groovy Granny
January 22nd, 2016, 11:34 AM
A Regina (https://shop.lillarose.biz/MemberToolsDotNet/ShoppingCartv3/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=20604&CatalogueID=211&PartyID=0&PartyGuestID=0&InternalUse=1&ProductGroupString=109.110) is on it's way for my 64th BD.
I am suddenly into RED; must be all my silver influence lol

Has anyone tied the pvc clips like the Regina?
Mine should be here today.
I liked the black/red combo for some outfits I have.

Kiwibird
January 22nd, 2016, 11:49 AM
<Mod redaction>

Theobroma
January 22nd, 2016, 12:11 PM
Has anyone tied the pvc clips like the Regina?

I have a Pearl in XL.

I like the idea of the tubing in principle -- it creates a more understated look than a fully beaded Flexi does, especially when the colour of the tubing blends with your hair, which the Pearl's does for me.

In practice, though, I'm a bit disappointed. The tubing is slightly rough to the touch and it looks and feels somewhat cheap. And these styles seem to run very small compared to fully beaded clips; the loop on my XL is so small that the pin sticks out by a disproportionate amount. For both reasons, I wouldn't buy another one.

Groovy Granny
January 22nd, 2016, 12:26 PM
I have a Pearl in XL.

I like the idea of the tubing in principle -- it creates a more understated look than a fully beaded Flexi does, especially when the colour of the tubing blends with your hair, which the Pearl's does for me.

In practice, though, I'm a bit disappointed. The tubing is slightly rough to the touch and it looks and feels somewhat cheap. And these styles seem to run very small compared to fully beaded clips; the loop on my XL is so small that the pin sticks out by a disproportionate amount. For both reasons, I wouldn't buy another one.

Oh no...I hope mine fits ok :agape:

I'll see later today; it is out for delivery :p

I hate returns so I will just make do....and see about that sale next week if it isn't what I'd hoped :whistle:

Groovy Granny
January 22nd, 2016, 12:29 PM
oops...double post :o

neko_kawaii
January 22nd, 2016, 12:41 PM
Reminder, that consultants are not permitted to post about new products or sales.

If you stand to profit by it, you have to abide by the vendor rules.

OK folks, it's clear that a mod has to step in and explain some things in here. The LHC vendor rules can be found here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=44940). The following is an excerpt.

What's all this mean?

Basically, if you stand to profit by it (in this case, as a consultant or host for a party), you are NOT permitted to post promotional images of products, even and especially if they were given to you by the company to post. That is advertising: if you want to advertise, you can buy an ad on the site.

You ARE permitted to post pictures taken by you, of things that you bought for your own PERSONAL use, just like any other member. If the mods start to feel like you're doing this as a way around the whole "no advertising" thing, we may end up having to change that. (That's a royal pain for us to try to enforce and results in grouchy moderators. We'd rather you not try to skirt the line, because we hate making judgement calls.)

You can (and are encouraged to) get a link to your consultant page in the list of vendors. You can't keep going around saying stuff like "I'm a Lilla-Rose consultant, I can get that for you." Drawing frequent attention to the fact that you're selling things makes you come across as someone who is here to drum up business, and one of the purposes to this forum being moderated is to keep it from becoming obnoxiously choked with selling and spam. Try to be conscientious of that, and you should be fine.

I hope that helps clarify things a bit.

Groovy Granny
January 22nd, 2016, 01:05 PM
Oh no...I hope mine fits ok :agape:

I'll see later today; it is out for delivery :p

I hate returns so I will just make do....and see about that sale next week if it isn't what I'd hoped :whistle:

LOL My clip arrived right after I posted :p

You are correct Theobroma; it IS a wee bit smaller.
I may not have noticed it on my own.

The pvc does change the feel of it....being a bit less flexible; however I did NOT find it to be rough.

For the first time I can use a Medium even in a half up ...because it is LIGHTER than the bead clips.

Happy day :joy:

But sorry for YOUR disappointment!

And I will NOT be considering the sale ...I have all I 'need' :wannabe:

Groovy Granny
January 22nd, 2016, 01:08 PM
Reminder, that consultants are not permitted to post about new products or sales.

If you stand to profit by it, you have to abide by the vendor rules.

Got it :thumbsup:
Thank you for clarifying :)

lazuliblue
January 22nd, 2016, 01:15 PM
I just saw another pic on Instagram and it does look quite like a penguin, which I don't mind because I think it's cute :D

I'm glad that you are pleased with your flexi Groovy Granny!

Groovy Granny
January 22nd, 2016, 02:15 PM
I'm glad that you are pleased with your flexi Groovy Granny!
Thanks..me too; I hate being disappointed with a hair toy :p

Theobroma
January 22nd, 2016, 03:04 PM
LOL My clip arrived right after I posted :p

You are correct Theobroma; it IS a wee bit smaller.
I may not have noticed it on my own.

The pvc does change the feel of it....being a bit less flexible; however I did NOT find it to be rough.

For the first time I can use a Medium even in a half up ...because it is LIGHTER than the bead clips.

Happy day :joy:

But sorry for YOUR disappointment!

And I will NOT be considering the sale ...I have all I 'need' :wannabe:

Perhaps the loop on the medium isn't as much smaller, proportionately, as on the XL. (The size difference is definitely more than a "wee bit" there!) Glad it's working for you.

And I've heard other people say that they like the tubing clips because they're lighter, so that's one point in their favour!

Groovy Granny
January 22nd, 2016, 03:09 PM
Perhaps the loop on the medium isn't as much smaller, proportionately, as on the XL. (The size difference is definitely more than a "wee bit" there!) Glad it's working for you.

And I've heard other people say that they like the tubing clips because they're lighter, so that's one point in their favour!

The shaping is a bit more slender, most likely because of the tubing vs wire and beads....so that may be a more prominent issue on the larger sizes.

LOL I could wear an XL looped from ear to ear :D

SwordWomanRiona
January 22nd, 2016, 07:36 PM
Got the January Flexi of the Month (Starlight) to join my flexi-8 collection, and it reminds me a lot of Missy from Doctor Who, definitely something she would wear :D
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3ysxM-2xO0E/VqLd_Eziz8I/AAAAAAAABxg/6wkEz1KbgjM/s400/DSCN2537.JPG

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-d7uoan9S60c/VqLd9awTekI/AAAAAAAABxY/KnweLVCjK2o/s640/DSCN2565%2B%25282%2529.JPG

AlyBlu
January 22nd, 2016, 07:58 PM
The shaping is a bit more slender, most likely because of the tubing vs wire and beads....so that may be a more prominent issue on the larger sizes.

LOL I could wear an XL looped from ear to ear :D
I have quite a few of the pvc, I really like them.

AlyBlu
January 22nd, 2016, 07:59 PM
I was spotted in the wild! Had a pesrson come up to me in the mall gushing about my flexi and then realized by size I was a long hair. It was so sweet and very cute.

Shorty89
January 22nd, 2016, 08:41 PM
So I don't know if any of you remember but I ordered a couple flexis during one of the sales about a month ago. The X S I got was too small so I exchanged it for a S and expected to pay the difference. I just got an email sayign that they had covered the difference in cost. <3 Pictures to come shortly.

beefox
January 22nd, 2016, 09:10 PM
I'm trying to figure out what size I should order and I'm thinking a small? I have almost APL thin/fine hair. Does anyone have a picture of a small in a bun or french twist? it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Groovy Granny
January 22nd, 2016, 09:43 PM
I'm trying to figure out what size I should order and I'm thinking a small? I have almost APL thin/fine hair. Does anyone have a picture of a small in a bun or french twist? it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Did you see their sizing page (https://shop.lillarose.biz/MemberToolsDotNet/ShoppingCartv3/MainCart.aspx?RequestedGroup1Code=&RequestedGroup2Code=)?

I don't have any pics, but I am also a fine and got my first clip when I was @ SL/APL....a Medium....and now at almost hip I can still wear it!
The mediums work in half ups and looser LWB, but I never bothered getting smaller sizes, or using the meds for twists, cinnamon buns, or pony tails because I have a lot of slip....even if using silicone ties on the stick.

So I'd go by their suggestions and if it doesn't work, swap, sell, or return them for another size.

Good luck :)

Crystawni
January 24th, 2016, 05:02 AM
I really like the Upins! The Winter celebration looks perfect in your hair. :o

Naw, thank you!!!! :blossom:

lapis_lazuli
January 24th, 2016, 01:43 PM
Those are beautiful, SwordWomanRiona! I'd like to get something like that but I'm on a hairtoy time out :p

JadedByEntropy
January 24th, 2016, 07:45 PM
Idk if i mentioned, but my exchange was handled beautifully and fast. got my new one back and its perfect :)

jennareid
January 26th, 2016, 05:32 AM
Kind of disappointed in the sale. Free heart you-pins when you spend $50, 10% off February Flexis (none of which excite me). Boo.

Theobroma
January 26th, 2016, 05:50 AM
I don't care for the new designs either. (Just as well, too -- I really shouldn't be buying any more Flexis given how many I already have!)

And free anything for orders over $50 means that overseas customers lose out. I can't put together an order worth $50 because it'll fall foul of customs and end up costing me more than the value of the freebie (whether it's free shipping or free you-pins).

eadwine
January 26th, 2016, 08:00 AM
I am going to pass as well. Too bad.

And the $50 thing, yep. No overseas customer is going to be ordering that and risking such a fee.

languagenut
January 26th, 2016, 05:45 PM
I can't afford fancy hair toys, so the sale isn't very relevant to me. But I do have four flexi-8s that were given to me for Christmas last year, and boy, are they wonderful! Before, I'd try to do half-ups with a normal barrette, and the thickness of my hair made it pop open and fall out, and I'd try to use a ponytail holder, and it would get the down hair caught in it and I'd end up with a frustrating tangled mess! Now I can just pull my hair back, slide the pin in, and fasten it, and voila! Lovely half-ponytail quick and easy! I'm interested to research these, pvc did you say?, clips that are slightly smaller, as a slightly smaller M is exactly what I need for a full ponytail; the regular M is slightly too big and slides down, and the S is slightly too small and won't close. But then I still can't afford fancy hair toys. :-(

Theobroma
January 27th, 2016, 07:36 AM
languagenut, keep an eye out for sales. The current one is a bit, let's say, lukewarm, but they regularly mark some styles down by 25 to 30 percent during sales. Some were even selling at 50% off during the Black Friday sale!

Until then, if your mediums are a bit too loose for ponytails, try wrapping a hair tie around the pin. It adds a bit of bulk and helps the hold!

lazuliblue
January 27th, 2016, 08:35 AM
I like the penguin...but I seriously have enough flexis....

And I agree, not the best sale ever, I was hoping that some of the other styles would be on offer.

eadwine
January 27th, 2016, 09:24 AM
Just a hint, for those who have the peacock flexi, a friend just sent me this link here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/161841734716

samanthaa
January 28th, 2016, 07:29 AM
I don't care for the new designs either.

Yeah, I don't really want words in my hair...

http://i.imgur.com/agTMgOu.jpg

I find it so difficult taking pictures of the back of my head! I swear I took 60 pictures just to get this halfway decent one...

Anyway, I love Colors on Parade. I don't wear it nearly enough!

roseomalley
January 28th, 2016, 06:11 PM
I love my Colors on Parade, too. My baby-fine hair does get caught in the dangle part, though. ��
I do not care for the Love flexi. Sort of glad, though. It saves me money.

lapushka
January 29th, 2016, 04:42 AM
I just unsubbed from their newsletter. Far too many new launches, for my taste, hard to follow and a mess with customs in my country. Besides I got them in a simple design in every size, so I don't need more. Wish they had EU representation (for the whole line), it would be so much simpler to order. Yes, I know there's a few online EU stores that sell them, but not every Flexi there is (just older collection mostly).

Willowyn
January 29th, 2016, 08:45 AM
I love my Colors on Parade, too. My baby-fine hair does get caught in the dangle part, though. ��
I do not care for the Love flexi. Sort of glad, though. It saves me money.

Roseomalley, your signature picture is lovely!!

SwordWomanRiona
January 30th, 2016, 01:08 PM
Arete gave me this Flexi-8 to add to my collection as part of the Winter swap, it's an XL and apparently made for Lúthien Tinúviel :inlove:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-14XUQhGY_js/Vq0RyZDRKQI/AAAAAAAAB0o/oMtzotRhzjo/s640/descarga%2B%25281%2529.jpg

lapushka
January 30th, 2016, 03:52 PM
The gold/blue is *very* pretty and would match the costume in your avatar so well! :)

ArienEllariel
February 6th, 2016, 12:23 PM
I'm trying to figure out what size would be good for a bun for me... I have the xs which works great as a half up and the small is a tad too large for a pony (but then again might just be that my hair is too slippery to hold in a pony). Should I get a medium or large? Hmm...

Edit: Ordered a large each in Lovely Circle and Music Lover. I'm excited!

SwordWomanRiona
February 6th, 2016, 06:35 PM
The gold/blue is *very* pretty and would match the costume in your avatar so well! :)

I was planning on wearing with with my Lúthien cosplay, but that's a great idea as well :)!

kt2062
February 7th, 2016, 04:47 PM
<Removed by moderator>

Please confine all buying/selling/swapping to the Swap Board. Thank you! :)

KittyBird
February 12th, 2016, 01:51 AM
Center-held buns are suddenly working for me, so I can use my XL flexis again! Guess who regrets giving away several of them in the gift swaps here.. :o Since I only have three left, I decided to order a new one from cultmate. I got this one (http://www.cultmate.de/flexi8-clips/extra-large/flexi8-clip-xl-extra-large-5537.html), because I can never get enough blue dragonfly flexis.

Here's one of my other dragonfly flexis in a lazy wrap bun.
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s518/KittehBird/Hair2/DSC_0062%20copy_zps28za3urt.jpg

eadwine
February 12th, 2016, 08:07 AM
Sale at Lillarose!

Didn't get anything though :) I was good!

missblueeyes
February 12th, 2016, 08:49 AM
I was so eager for the sale today because I REALLY want an XS sunflower because my XL doesn't fit anymore but what the heck? Since when are XS clips 19,80$ when already reduced?
Including shipping, I'd pay about 21,50€ for 1 XS flexi clip.
Yeah, not gonna happen.

Kaya
February 12th, 2016, 09:01 AM
Sale at Lillarose!

Didn't get anything though :) I was good!

Thanks for the heads-up! :thumbsup:

I was able to snag an XL Iris and also an XL Hibiscus Sea, so I'm super happy! :happydance:

Quasiquixotic
February 12th, 2016, 09:35 AM
I bought things...mostly u pins.

sourgrl
February 12th, 2016, 10:15 AM
I bought things...mostly u pins.

I am so curious about the upins. How are you (and everyone else) wearing them? How is the hold on them?

Quasiquixotic
February 12th, 2016, 10:43 AM
These are my first. I have some bijoux Manoel pins that I'm guessing are similar. I plan to make a bun and use a spin pin or two to anchor it and the upins to support and decorate. Totally messy loose topknot style.

KittyBird
February 12th, 2016, 11:51 AM
I got the hibiscus sunset in XL! I thought it was a bit pricey, even with 10% off, but I really wanted it.

lillielil
February 12th, 2016, 01:50 PM
I have 2 sets of Upins in the longer length. My buns are small enough that I can use them alone to hold everything. I insert one as I would a fork, and put the other one in cross-wise.

eadwine
February 13th, 2016, 01:37 AM
I can't help it.. the flitter is just too pretty to NOT show off.

Also, sporting my two colored hair; the henna has grown out so far now that my bun is a different color than the hair on my head :lol:

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/bun_3.jpg

Kaya
February 13th, 2016, 04:39 AM
That Flitter is lovely in your hair eadwine! And I think the two-toned hair is awesome. :D

I'm curious. Does anyone here use the XXL Flexi? I've toyed with the idea of getting one for the purpose of growing into it, but it just looks so big! :bigeyes: My hair isn't that thick, and the pin on the XL is a bit big on me, though it's more comfortable to wear than a Medium. I can only imagine how ginormous the XXL must be in comparison.

eadwine
February 13th, 2016, 04:57 AM
The XXL is HUGE. Unless you really have really long, thick hair or dreads or something you will not fit in it. It will slide out or just leave gaping holes where there is no hair, not a pretty look. I would not invest money in that to be honest. Besides, hair goals DO change over time and you'll be left with a size that you can hardly sell because so few people fit in it.

Have you tried a Large by the way? You will like that better most likely than the XL.

KittyBird
February 13th, 2016, 05:12 AM
Kaya, I use the XXL for disc buns, but I have pretty thick hair. I think it's better to wait until your hair is long enough to actually need one, rather than buying one now and maybe waiting years before you can wear it. I agree with eadwine, it sounds like L would be a good option, if M is starting to get too small but the XL is still a bit too big. :)

Kaya
February 13th, 2016, 05:22 AM
The XXL is HUGE. Unless you really have really long, thick hair or dreads or something you will not fit in it. It will slide out or just leave gaping holes where there is no hair, not a pretty look. I would not invest money in that to be honest. Besides, hair goals DO change over time and you'll be left with a size that you can hardly sell because so few people fit in it.

Have you tried a Large by the way? You will like that better most likely than the XL.

:doh: I don't know why I put medium. It was an early morning for a weekend. (Plus, PMS brain..)

I meant Large. The pin length is good, for the most part; it's the Flexi-8 part that is a bit troublesome. It just barely stretches over my bun and I have to sort of force it down enough to click it into the outermost groove on the pin. If I try to force it into the further grooves, I end up squashing my bun funny. I worry I'm going to break something, or something will pop off. With my one XL, it's so much easier to fasten it onto the pin and I don't feel like I'm smashing and snagging my hair like I do with the Large. If only they could match the XL Flexi-8 part with the Large Flexi-8 pin length. Does that make sense?

eadwine
February 13th, 2016, 05:34 AM
Would it help to put some elastic or something over the pin of the XL?

Aleahcim
February 18th, 2016, 04:00 PM
Hey, I was curious. Does anyone have shots to compare a large and an extra large.

I recently snagged two flexis off the swap board, one with green beads (a large) and the other with pretty red beads which was labeled an XL on the swap board). It was labeled a XL when I got it but the size difference between the two surprised me. Now I can get the red flexi to work in a figure8 and a nautilus if I place it juuuust right but I am kind of surprised that there wouldn't be a size in the middle(I have a medium as well and the large is much closer to the medium in size). When I looked at the stick of the two flexis the large had the L on it but the other one did not have a size anywhere that I saw on the stick itself.

Is the size difference that substantial between a L and a XL? or was my flexi just mislabeled?
http://s11.postimg.org/i1jg11h8j/20160218_180652.jpg (http://postimage.org/)
uploading pictures (http://postimage.org/)

M, L and maybe XL flexi

HeartofHaleth
February 18th, 2016, 05:41 PM
This is my M, L and XL. It does seem like your "XL" is a bit bigger, but that might just be me.

http://i.imgur.com/1aZwZtS.jpg

eadwine
February 18th, 2016, 11:42 PM
You can make the L a bit "larger" by re-flattening the loops, they have all been O-ified so to speak, where the loops of the flexi have been made more round so it could fit where otherwise it might have been too large.

How long is the pin of that XL? Because that is what determines the actual size :)

Aleahcim
February 19th, 2016, 08:14 AM
The pin is about 6 inches? (for entire length of pin, from tip to tip)

And I'm not sure what you mean Eadwine. I can re flatten the loops?

eadwine
February 19th, 2016, 09:30 AM
If you compare your flexis to the ones posted below by HeartofHaleth you can see the the circles of the 8 on hers are flatter. That is their normal default shape.

KittyBird
February 19th, 2016, 02:33 PM
Aleahcim, I think it was mislabeled. It looks like an XXL to me. I just measured one of my XXLs, and the pin length is 6". The pin of the XL is just over 5".

Aleahcim
February 19th, 2016, 02:56 PM
Well, being only just past bsl I honestly have no business with an XXL, I guess I'm just gonna have to wait and see if I can make it work in a year or two? it has such pretty red beads, its a shame.

But thank you everyone for helping me sort this out. :)

KittyBird
February 19th, 2016, 04:02 PM
Maybe you could try to trade it for the same or a similar flexi-8 in XL? It sure is pretty!

HeartofHaleth
February 19th, 2016, 07:51 PM
Maybe you could try to trade it for the same or a similar flexi-8 in XL? It sure is pretty!

Yes, good idea! There is a Flexi 8 trading post, after all! :D I understand if you want to keep it, though. A little something to look forward to!

rags
February 20th, 2016, 12:31 PM
I ordered a mini hibiscus sea in the last sale. I wasn't too blown away with it in the store pics, but then I saw Crystawni's action shot with it. It's the prettiest shade, and the flower is so gorgeous! Now I want ALL THE SIZESS!!! :p (well, at least a medium for buns, too. And maybe an x-small for ponytails)

I blame Crystawni totally for this one. :p

Theobroma
February 20th, 2016, 01:14 PM
Ah -- I loved Crystawni's pic of that one too, but when it came back I was put off by the price. I don't see why the pink version should be so much more expensive than the same design in silver and blue!

KittyBird
February 20th, 2016, 02:20 PM
Rags, Crystawni's pics are the reason I had to buy the Hibiscus Sunset! :D

rags
February 20th, 2016, 03:19 PM
Theobroma - I didn't like the pink, so I didn't even realize there was a difference! That's really ridiculous. I'm not a fan of Lilla Rose's new pricing.

KittyBird, hah, she's a triple enabler!! :p.

Crystawni
February 20th, 2016, 05:20 PM
I, um...

Well, you'd all rock those hibiscus pretties :disco: that happen to be my faves now (and I think two_wheels was another victim, er, sucker, er, happy new owner of flowery pinkness, of which she loves pink anyway), so I'm glad they were relisted.

Sharing the love?

:wigtongue

:run:

The pricing does suck, though.

Larki
February 20th, 2016, 10:05 PM
I haven't bought a Flexi in a long time; what's wrong with the pricing?

parkmikii
February 20th, 2016, 11:52 PM
I haven't bought a Flexi in a long time; what's wrong with the pricing?

Their prices went quite high lately, they increased them..

KittyBird
February 21st, 2016, 02:24 AM
I didn't even notice that the Hibiscus clips had different prices, I was too busy buying the pink one as fast as possible! :p Gold clips tend to be more expensive though. The gold simple band costs more than the silver and black nickel simple band, and the gold tree of life starts at $14, while the silver tree of life starts at $11. The gold dragonfly also costs more than the silver one. I think it has always been that way. :)

Kaya
February 21st, 2016, 05:41 AM
:couch: May I join in the hibiscus love? I bought one of the Hibiscus Sea in XL and it's gorgeous! :crush: I went with blue and silver since I love the combo. I'm very picky about pinks and generally don't do gold. But I must admit, looking back, the pink Hibiscus is awfully pretty and should they bring it back again, I may have to pick one up!

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t548/tanookitail/Hair%20Toys/DSC_0385_zpskvvibckw.jpg

eadwine
February 21st, 2016, 05:44 AM
That color just POPS against your hair, very pretty!

Crystawni
February 21st, 2016, 05:47 AM
Stunning, Kaya!

Winter Fox
February 21st, 2016, 05:51 AM
Kaya that flexi looks stunning on you! I love the black/blue combo :heartbeat

I just bought the Penguin flexi in large - can't wait to get it! :joy: Also I searched the last 7 or so pages of this thread but I don't seem to find action pics of this one.
Am I blind or is this model just not very popular?

KittyBird
February 21st, 2016, 07:05 AM
Gorgeous, Kaya! You know, they still have the pink one in stock in all the sizes ;)

Kaya
February 21st, 2016, 07:09 AM
That color just POPS against your hair, very pretty!

Stunning, Kaya!

Thank you both! :flowers: I do dearly love shades of blue!

Kaya that flexi looks stunning on you! I love the black/blue combo :heartbeat

I just bought the Penguin flexi in large - can't wait to get it! :joy: Also I searched the last 7 or so pages of this thread but I don't seem to find action pics of this one.

:o Thank you!

It's probably just a matter of personal taste. I think it's rather cute and look forward to seeing your action shot!

Kaya
February 21st, 2016, 07:11 AM
Gorgeous, Kaya! You know, they still have the pink one in stock in all the sizes ;)

Thanks! :flower:

Oh dear! I may or may not mosey over to the site and see if anything falls into my cart...:whistle:

rags
February 21st, 2016, 10:06 AM
Kaya :thud: WOW, that pops against your dark hair! And so would the pink....:eyebrows:

I might have a medium coming in the blue/silver.....enablers, all of you!! :wigtongue:

lazuliblue
February 21st, 2016, 11:34 AM

I was actually just coming onto this thread to see if there were any pics of the penguin yet. I guess it just isn't very popular, although it keeps calling to me! There are a few action shots on Instagram if you search for flexi8 or lillarose.

Winter Fox
February 21st, 2016, 02:28 PM
Thank you lazuliblue! Those instagram pics make waiting even harder :D

KittyBird
February 24th, 2016, 04:34 AM
The dragonfly from cultmate arrived on monday and the lillarose flexis arrived yesterday, but I didn't have time to take pictures until today. I love all of them! I think the crown of hearts flexi will look better when my hair is all dark blonde instead of henna, but I've wanted it for ages and it was on sale. All of them are in XL.

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s518/KittehBird/Hair2/DSC_0053%20copy_zpsgzgiytad.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s518/KittehBird/Hair2/DSC_0054%20copy_zpsrkqnj26c.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s518/KittehBird/Hair2/DSC_0055%20copy_zpsqbmkgtc0.jpg

Wondering if maybe I should get the hibiscus sunset in XXL too, while it's still available.. :o

jennareid
February 24th, 2016, 07:40 AM
I definitely don't need to be spending more money. But I definitely need the pink hibiscus.

jennareid
February 25th, 2016, 11:43 AM
Yeeeah I gave in and ordered the hibiscus today....

Wearing this one today, I don't remember the name. A recent eBay purchase. I have the same in small but I struggle getting that one onto the end of a braid.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c187/jennareid2/Mobile%20Uploads/PHOTO_20160224_130305-1_zpsresoryss.jpg

Groovy Granny
February 25th, 2016, 12:02 PM
Yeeeah I gave in and ordered the hibiscus today....

Wearing this one today, I don't remember the name. A recent eBay purchase. I have the same in small but I struggle getting that one onto the end of a braid.

That's an old AURORA....my very first flexi..... bought when I joined LHC :)

It looks very pretty in your hair :thumbsup:

jennareid
February 26th, 2016, 04:29 PM
Thank you :)

You know what I really, really want? A flexi with a doughnut centrepiece, and multi coloured beading, like sprinkles. Lilla Rose, if you're reading this, make it happen. I need it. �� �� ��

KittyBird
February 27th, 2016, 05:59 AM
Oh man, I want a donut flexi too, jennareid! :D

rags
February 27th, 2016, 07:22 AM
Jeannreid, that is beautiful in your hair! And now I don't want a doughnut flexi - but I do want a doughnut. :p

lapushka
February 27th, 2016, 07:36 AM
Has there ever been a "Narcissus (https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcis)" (page in Dutch) centerpiece? I'm thinking that would be awesome for Easter. :)

eadwine
February 27th, 2016, 08:06 AM
They'd better hurry up if they want to bring that one out, sure sounds like a cool idea Lapushka!

Your link doesn't work by the way ;)

lapushka
February 27th, 2016, 09:41 AM
Yeah, forgot to add the link in. Woopsie. :o Thanks, eadwine, for letting me know!

eadwine
February 27th, 2016, 10:11 AM
You're welcome, here is the English wiki page by the way for those who are interested.. and wow.. is it ever extensive!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissus_(plant)

MidnightMoon
February 28th, 2016, 02:43 PM
I am so tempted to buy a pair of flexis...I have been wanting the Charlotte's Web since it came out in October, and I've just noticed "Vanessa", but I'd be paying about 63 dollars for a medium and an xxlarge clip, and it just seems so much to me :/
I don't have any economical "compromises" yet, so technically I'm free to spend my -modest- earnings as I like, but still...
I bet that if they sold them here and I saw each for that price I'd totally think I'm being ripped off.
They don't sell such pretty hair toys around here, but I feel guilty by spending so much on those.
I have those clips just sitting there in my cart. Anyone else facing the same issue? :wail:

lapushka
February 28th, 2016, 03:28 PM
A little while more and a Ficcare is going to be peanuts compared to a Flexi. Ridiculous! :rolleyes:

MidnightMoon
February 28th, 2016, 04:06 PM
A little while more and a Ficcare is going to be peanuts compared to a Flexi. Ridiculous! :rolleyes:

Haha you're right. I hadn't thought about it (the price range). I was once tempted to buy two ficcares once, though, and didn't because of the price and uncertainty if they would suit my fine hair or not :P.

MidnightMoon
February 28th, 2016, 04:11 PM
Giving it more thought...
1 TT stick=2 ficcares=4 flexis :P
It's a rough approximation but works

jennareid
March 1st, 2016, 02:18 AM
Just got the email for the new FOTMs. I don't like either, and I think Chick is especially ugly. I do, however, LOVE the new Violet. Grabbing one in XL. I would get the new Rosaline as well but XL is $26 vs Violet's $22.

Theobroma
March 1st, 2016, 03:42 AM
I like the Violet as well. Still on the fence about getting it, though -- if it were gold it would be a no-brainer, but I'll have to have a think about the silver!

I'm not hugely taken with the new FotMs. The bunny is cute, but not really something I'd wear.

lazuliblue
March 1st, 2016, 04:29 AM
Oh I think the chick is cute! And the rabbit too.

MidnightMoon
March 1st, 2016, 04:49 AM
I think the bunnys cute, but the tail is a bit weird and it gets lost in everything silver :/
It needs some colour IMO

Viola88
March 1st, 2016, 05:02 AM
I think they need a design contest. All entries become property of Lilla Rose and the winner gets a $200 gift certificate or something.

I am just tired of the same old, same old. Everything looks the same and nothing in months has caught my eye enough or has been different enough from other styles already in production to make me want to part with ~$20+ per item (I wear larges plus).

eadwine
March 1st, 2016, 05:42 AM
I had the bunny in M in my cart, then did the conversion and it would set me back 20 euros, likely a little more given paypal taking something as well. I decided not to buy any this time, the bunny is not worth 20 to me.

MidnightMoon
March 1st, 2016, 06:12 AM
I had the bunny in M in my cart, then did the conversion and it would set me back 20 euros, likely a little more given paypal taking something as well. I decided not to buy any this time, the bunny is not worth 20 to me.

Same. I think I will go for the Charlottes Web and Vanessa, though. My spooky self would never forgive itself missing such a pretty clip. The colours and the web are so cute.

Wosie
March 1st, 2016, 06:44 AM
Wow...! I love the Violet. :crush: I think KittyBird owns one? Basically an Emerald Dream-flexi in purple... *swoons*

I also quite like the Rosaline, so feminine and dainty. By the by--I don't think I've bought a flexi for half a year. So I think it's OK for me to get the Violet. :toofers:

The FOTMs... I couldn't see the first one was a chicken, and the bunny looks pretty dull/flat to me. Too bad, as I adore bunnies!! I much would've preferred a colourful array of beads, making me think of Easter eggs and mayhaps a golden bunny. :D

Edit: Ouch, if I were to buy both Violet and Rosaline it'd cost about 50 dollars... Too hefty of a price, I think...

Edit 2: Apparently I hadn't bought a flexi since last May. =O I will upload a picture of my Violet when it has arrived. :joy:

rags
March 1st, 2016, 06:56 AM
I love bunnies too, but i'm not sure about this one. It rather blends in to the silver "8", I think. I'm also getting a more "younger" vibe from it - and I wear the ladybug! LOL. I do like the Violet though.

Theobroma
March 1st, 2016, 07:39 AM
I love bunnies too, but i'm not sure about this one. It rather blends in to the silver "8", I think. I'm also getting a more "younger" vibe from it - and I wear the ladybug! LOL. I do like the Violet though.

Yes! The bunny is definitely a bit of a little-girl design. I'd feel a little silly sporting it with my increasing crop of silvers! :D

Still on the fence about Violet. I look at it and think it's lovely, and that I don't yet have an XL Flexi with any purple on it. Then I look at my drawer full of Flexis and go "naaaah, I've got enough clips already". No idea on which side of the fence I'm going to fall off!

Kaya
March 1st, 2016, 07:45 AM
It's interesting that they still have Iris and the two Hibiscus designs. Not that I'm complaining! :o Can we assume they are here to stay?

KittyBird
March 1st, 2016, 08:43 AM
Wow...! I love the Violet. :crush: I think KittyBird owns one? Basically an Emerald Dream-flexi in purple... *swoons*

I also quite like the Rosaline, so feminine and dainty. By the by--I don't think I've bought a flexi for half a year. So I think it's OK for me to get the Violet. :toofers:

The FOTMs... I couldn't see the first one was a chicken, and the bunny looks pretty dull/flat to me. Too bad, as I adore bunnies!! I much would've preferred a colourful array of beads, making me think of Easter eggs and mayhaps a golden bunny. :D

Edit: Ouch, if I were to buy both Violet and Rosaline it'd cost about 50 dollars... Too hefty of a price, I think...

Edit 2: Apparently I hadn't bought a flexi since last May. =O I will upload a picture of my Violet when it has arrived. :joy:
Heh, you have an awesome memory! Yes, I have one in large that I bought from cultmate.de ages ago. I haven't seen that style since then, so I was pretty excited when lillarose released the violet one! I might have bought one in XL. :o

I quite like the chick flexi, but I would have preferred it on silver, as I think that would look better with the yellow. It blends too much with the gold/brass colour.

It's interesting that they still have Iris and the two Hibiscus designs. Not that I'm complaining! :o Can we assume they are here to stay?
They don't say limited edition, so they might be.. I hope so, I might want the blue hibiscus at some point!

lillielil
March 1st, 2016, 10:22 AM
So is the site having issues all the time now, or just because new designs are out? I looked yesterday and kept getting 502 errors. Today is probably not the day to purchase the Iris that I've been thinking about for months...

hobbitlocks
March 3rd, 2016, 04:11 PM
I really like the bunny! I have a pendant that's a little bunny with a pearl tail, which it reminds me of. Personally, I tend to prefer plainer jewelry/hair clips so I'll probably use something all silver more frequently than I would if it had coloured beads.

jennareid
March 3rd, 2016, 04:23 PM
Aaaand new favourite Flexi

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c187/jennareid2/PHOTO_20160303_175824-1_zpsul3o1zzu.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c187/jennareid2/PHOTO_20160303_180242-1_zpsqijjs6ez.jpg

It's perfect. I have the Violet in the post which should hopefully get here in a few days too.

lapushka
March 3rd, 2016, 04:32 PM
I think they need a design contest. All entries become property of Lilla Rose and the winner gets a $200 gift certificate or something.

I am just tired of the same old, same old. Everything looks the same and nothing in months has caught my eye enough or has been different enough from other styles already in production to make me want to part with ~$20+ per item (I wear larges plus).

Maybe the winner should get one in every size, and 2 of the minis of whatever design they won with. Plus a 50% off their newest purchase.

Theobroma
March 4th, 2016, 02:25 AM
Darn it, jennareid, just when I'd decided I don't really need the pink hibiscus, you post sheer awesomeness. :)

Ania.
March 4th, 2016, 03:09 AM
jennareid, thats so pretty :D

jennareid
March 4th, 2016, 06:51 AM
Darn it, jennareid, just when I'd decided I don't really need the pink hibiscus, you post sheer awesomeness. :)

Blame KittyBird! I bought it after I saw her picture!

KittyBird
March 4th, 2016, 06:56 AM
Blame KittyBird! I bought it after I saw her picture!

Crystawni is the person to blame here, because I bought it after seeing her pictures! :p

Kaya
March 4th, 2016, 09:14 AM
You're all evil enablers!!! :p :lol:

I'm finding it harder to resist the powers of the Pink Hibiscus!

(Perhaps I could justify it by saying my Blue Hibiscus is lonely?...)

rags
March 5th, 2016, 08:48 PM
Jeannareid, that is absolutely stunning in your hair!

DH just saw the bunny and said it was really cute. :bigeyes: He seldom notices toys at all. Bunny is coming to me. :p

Kaya
March 8th, 2016, 05:40 AM
Couldn't resist sharing my new XL Iris! I love this design! :inlove: I feel much more comfy with the XL versus Large.

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t548/tanookitail/Hair%20Toys/DSC_0540_zpsnmglkwt8.jpg

For sake of comparison, here's the Large.

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t548/tanookitail/Hair%20Toys/DSC_1071%202_zps11be2c54.jpg

lapushka
March 8th, 2016, 08:08 AM
I don't know, Kaya, the large seems to "fit" better; seems the XL is a bit big (isn't it loose)? :flower: I think you need something between a L & XL. I have noticed a big difference between my Ls & XLs, seems like there's a gap there in sizing.

Kaya
March 8th, 2016, 09:01 AM
I don't know, Kaya, the large seems to "fit" better; seems the XL is a bit big (isn't it loose)? :flower: I think you need something between a L & XL. I have noticed a big difference between my Ls & XLs, seems like there's a gap there in sizing.

It's definitely a case of probably needing that elusive in-between size. The Large may look like it fits better, but it's just barely stretched over my bun. I mean, that oiled bun is compacted pretty well to begin with, but the flexi part still pinches and squashes something fierce trying to get it hooked into the grooves and can snag hairs if I'm not careful. I swear, I'm surprised none of the gems popped off when I first starting trying it on.

Surprisingly, the XL isn't loose. It's comfortable, with room to grow into, thankfully. I suppose it just looks gigantic! :D

lillielil
March 8th, 2016, 09:04 AM
Kaya, that's gorgeous. Every time I see Iris I want it more. It is sticking around, right? I'm holding off until there is a FOTM that I love, and still debating on size (haven't tried anything larger than a M yet, and that works in center-held buns).

Freija
March 8th, 2016, 09:31 AM
I really like the look of the LE chick. I need more yellow toys, definitely - I only have one plain dyed wooden stick at the moment, and it's my favourite and probably best-suiting colour. How do you find the minis for holding little bits of hair in... not really half-ups, but more like 1/8 or 1/4 ups? Are they too heavy for how little they hold?

eadwine
March 8th, 2016, 10:17 AM
You can sort the L by inserting it more to the middle like I do with my Ms once my hair gets longer; this way it squashes less hair. Not everything needs to be "inside" the flexi after all. If I grab the inner parts of the coil it stays just as well as when I insert the stick in the outer part of the coil when I have less hair. The XL just looks really too large and I doubt it'll stay put when you .. say.. run.

The flexi itself is beautiful! :)

jennareid
March 8th, 2016, 04:32 PM
Violet (XL) came today! Not very good pictures, it's nicer in person.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c187/jennareid2/Mobile%20Uploads/PHOTO_20160308_182148-1_zpspkxlasyn.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c187/jennareid2/Mobile%20Uploads/PHOTO_20160308_181904_zpsmumxnbjm.jpg

eadwine
March 9th, 2016, 12:04 AM
Looking very good there! :)

Theobroma
March 9th, 2016, 02:31 AM
Beautiful, jennareid! I just ordered mine the other day too.

Winter Fox
March 13th, 2016, 05:18 AM
My Penguin arrived :D I'm so happy I ordered it.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1587/25724473006_187e271064.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/FcbDAE)

eadwine
March 13th, 2016, 05:23 AM
Looks good and a perfect size for you! The penguin has a certain feel to it that I cannot put my finger on. Certain style... I hope someone knows what I am talking about :lol:

lapushka
March 13th, 2016, 05:29 AM
Whenever I see a penguin, I think: Linux. :lol: Doesn't matter what kind of style it is.

eadwine
March 13th, 2016, 06:30 AM
:lol: Yeah me too. I believe tibetan silver style is what I was looking for.

Theobroma
March 13th, 2016, 07:41 AM
Whenever I see a penguin, I think: Linux. :lol: Doesn't matter what kind of style it is.

Now that's an idea for a geeky niche hairtoy -- a Flexi with the Linux penguin!

I might actually buy that, since my desktop PC currently runs Linux Mint... :D

eadwine
March 13th, 2016, 08:08 AM
YAY another linux user!! MX15 (http://www.mxlinux.org) here. I would LOVE a proper penguin flexi. An actual one, this one just wasn't close enough for me to get this one.