PDA

View Full Version : The Flexi-8 / Lilla Rose Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70

squirrrel
May 15th, 2015, 09:33 AM
Mmmmm... I took advantage of the postage to purchase three of the flexi's I've admired (cat's meow, Night Owl, and colours on parade) in one of the sizes I can use most often, but gave the summer flexi's a miss... I do quite like the purply-blue and green colours, but not sure I'm sold all that much - I might wear them if I was doing something that required 'plain' hair jewellery, but I buy flexi's so I can put pretty things in my hair, not so much for days when I'm going to be doing messy work...

AlyBlu
May 16th, 2015, 10:59 PM
^I agree - I want my flexi's to be "My Pretties' - most jewelry does not sit well as it just gets in my way. So, the color edition may not be for me

Wosie
May 17th, 2015, 09:42 AM
Precisely, the main reason to why I love flexis so much is 'cause they can be so elegant and fancy-looking. :cloud9: I think flexis were the first hairtoy I really fell in love with.

Now I'm waiting for two flexis--Grace and Compass Rose. Action pictures will ensue. ;)

Hele
May 17th, 2015, 06:48 PM
i don't care too much for those new flexis, they rather remind me of jelly shoes from the 80's...but for hair! :D It's a moot point anyways, i'm outgrowing XL's and dislike the Mega size on me...way too big for my head. It reminds me of Elton John's enormous sunglasses, and i'm not an Elton John fan. Pre-LHC i always thought i had a big head but now i know it's just big hair! I can still squeeze into an XL if i do a braided bun though it does pop open sometimes, any other way i've tried it i can either not close it or it's just not a secure feeling bun. I don't want to pull a Dreamsheep and explode one so i'm probably going to stop wearing them in a few more inches. It's the end of an era i tell ya!

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab76/heletwo/20150512_162444_resized%20423x640_zpsxrc3ks7a.jpg (http://s851.photobucket.com/user/heletwo/media/20150512_162444_resized%20423x640_zpsxrc3ks7a.jpg. html)

eadwine
May 17th, 2015, 09:37 PM
Looks great, it's lovely :)

squirrrel
May 18th, 2015, 02:06 AM
That one looks lovely on you Hele. :)

woelfchen83
May 25th, 2015, 12:20 AM
A few days ago my headband arrived :crush:

http://woelfchen83.de/galerie/Hair/Flexi8_headband_Flitter_into_fall.jpg

eadwine
May 25th, 2015, 01:05 AM
Looks nice!!

I can never get those with an elastic to stay put, they always slide off to the back.

woelfchen83
May 25th, 2015, 02:15 AM
I feared that to happen too but it stays put :cool:

Wosie
May 25th, 2015, 04:58 AM
I bought the same headband, wölfchen! :) And it stays put for me too. ^_^d

Larki
May 25th, 2015, 10:31 AM
Yeah, I have two of the old style Flexi headbands and they are rock solid. I've even slept in them and found them in exactly the same spot when I woke up. :p I normally have problems with sliding headbands but not with these! Very impressed. Plus they're super comfy.

Betazed
May 25th, 2015, 07:55 PM
My new Flexi from the swap board!
http://s6.postimg.org/52jsi7dkx/image.jpg
Thanks, Hele!

I finally have a Flexi that will hold a bun and I love it!

ETA: Ive been looking at the LR headbands but I was worried they would slide off. I'm a big fan of headbands but I cant wear the elastic kind that encircles the whole head. They never stay without a head full of bobbypins. I think I'm going to have to pick a few up after reading everyone's posts. I have another question for those LHC'ers with the Lilla Rose headbands: Does your hair get caught in the beads? That's another of my worries.

Larki
May 25th, 2015, 08:06 PM
ETA: Ive been looking at the LR headbands but I was worried they would slide off. I'm a big fan of headbands but I cant wear the elastic kind that encircles the whole head. They never stay without a head full of bobbypins. I think I'm going to have to pick a few up after reading everyone's posts. I have another question for those LHC'ers with the Lilla Rose headbands: Does your hair get caught in the beads? That's another of my worries.
I wear mine a few times a week (I've had them for 2-3 months) and I've never had any hair get caught in the beads.

Wosie
May 25th, 2015, 11:26 PM
NicCarpenter, That flexi looks so great on you! <3 The lighting in the picture accentuates its beauty even more, I think!

I can't remember my hair ever getting caught in the beads of the headband; if it ever got caught in anything it'd be the metallic part connecting the beads with the elastic. :hmm:

eadwine
May 25th, 2015, 11:29 PM
I still don't dare the headbands, so I am going to pass. I would really have to try one in real life to see what it does before I would even dare ;)

Wosie
May 25th, 2015, 11:37 PM
I still don't dare the headbands, so I am going to pass. I would really have to try one in real life to see what it does before I would even dare ;)

:D I thought I was alone in this thread at this time of day!
I understand that you don't feel very confident of the headbands, they look quite hazardous/catchy. I was a little scared of them too at first, but having worn mine a few times I trust it now. Too bad you can't give mine a go. ^-^ I did have to change the size of the headband from the size it came with, though, I have a huge noggin + I don't like to wear tight headbands. :o

eadwine
May 26th, 2015, 12:18 AM
:D I thought I was alone in this thread at this time of day!
Nah I am in the Netherlands, it is almost 8:30 in the aye em, and leaving for work in a minute hehe :)

eadwine
May 26th, 2015, 09:45 AM
It is looking much better in real life, I like it a lot. It is nice and summery, kapow, I am very happy with it!

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/flexi.jpg

Wosie
May 26th, 2015, 09:59 AM
Mmm, reminds me of the banana candy in these pastille boxes. :D https://cdn3.cdnme.se/2649759/7-3/26568_1268351132_521baa7a9606ee59ca8a9843.jpg (Too bad they aren't sold anymore. *sniffle*)

I also got my flexis today! *yay* Grace is just beautiful, like I had imagined; its centrepiece is a tad lopsided, but I guess most flexis are. :p My hair also gets caught in it, but my hair gets caught in most things. I think I will superglue a piece of fabric on the backside of the centrepiece.
My Compass Rose has a sloping centrepiece when it's worn and I have to manually tilt it backwards when it's in my hair, and then it looks purrfect, otherwise it has a severe forwards tilt. Can you fix this yourself somehow?

lapushka
May 26th, 2015, 10:12 AM
I love that headband! :D

The yellow is a nice contrast in your hair, Eadwine, even though I'm not a big fan of the "model" itself.

eadwine
May 26th, 2015, 10:53 AM
I don't think you can fix a center yourself. Study the back, you will see that the thing is pretty much set in stone on there. :/ Glad you are happy with them though!!

Thanks Lapushka :)

eadwine
May 26th, 2015, 11:50 PM
Sometimes you get a bun that is whoopass. Today is one of those days. This shows the new flexi a lot better than the previous picture :)

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/flexiyellowsmall.jpg

Aderyn
May 27th, 2015, 03:02 AM
Four photos to share since I was in the mood to take pictures of my hair lately:

Kind of weird LWB or nautilus
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17431&d=1432717021

LWB
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17432&d=1432717021

Cinnamon Bun
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17430&d=1432717020

LWB
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17429&d=1432717018

Wosie
May 27th, 2015, 03:10 AM
I also wanted to share photos of my new buddies! :D http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17433&d=1432717387

eadwine, So fruity! :3 I love pastel colours (maybe it's a tad too dark to be referred to as 'pastel', though? :hmm:).
I managed to make the centrepiece of my Compass Rose straighter by just bending it backwards quite adamantly many times... It's much less tilted now. :yay:

Aderyn, Nice action pictures and thanks for sharing them! I think I like the Festive Poinsettia the most in your hair, it suits your hair colour so well. =)

lazuliblue
May 27th, 2015, 09:02 AM
I love that yellow flexi Eadwine (I am drawn to yellow at the moment...never happened before!)

Aderyn my favoruite is the dragonfly flexi...the name has escaped me. Flitter? :D

Wosie your photos look so elegant!

eadwine
May 27th, 2015, 09:17 AM
thanks ladies!!

AlyBlu
May 27th, 2015, 04:10 PM
Oh great photos Ladies! Eadwine, that yellow does look very lovely.

eadwine
May 27th, 2015, 11:48 PM
Thanks AlyBlu! :)

Wosie
May 28th, 2015, 05:28 AM
Merci beaucoup, lazuliblue! I tried to do them justice. :crush:

My sister likes flexis a lot too and likes to look at my collection... I told her I will buy her a couple the next time I make an order. :D She especially likes Copper Rose and Daisy. =)

lapushka
May 28th, 2015, 08:21 AM
Sometimes you get a bun that is whoopass. Today is one of those days. This shows the new flexi a lot better than the previous picture :)

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/flexiyellowsmall.jpg

Sometimes it's nice when good buns come together. :D

eadwine
May 28th, 2015, 09:05 AM
And especially when they show off the toy much better ;)

Wosie
May 29th, 2015, 04:34 AM
Anybody else looking forward to seeing June's FOTM? I can't wait! :knit: What're your hopes for its looks?

cat11
May 29th, 2015, 05:52 AM
Anybody else looking forward to seeing June's FOTM? I can't wait! :knit: What're your hopes for its looks?

I hope they make something with pretty green (or at least on the cool side) beads and a floral centerpiece!

eadwine
May 29th, 2015, 06:47 AM
I am anxiously waiting indeed, hoping for my dear savings account that I hate it :lol:

Theobroma
May 29th, 2015, 08:02 AM
Hoping for anything-but-silver, even though Grace works wonderfully for me, silver and all.

Mind you, I've been on a bit of a hairtoy binge lately, so an excuse to sit out the upcoming FotM would not be unwelcome!

Wosie
May 30th, 2015, 07:00 AM
cat11, Same here; I'm hoping for something green. :D Something summery would be nice... blue and green, mayhaps...

Theobroma, Personally I love silver! I was looking through my stash of flexis and noticed that nearly all of them are made in silver... Only one in copper, hmm, I wonder why they don't make more flexis in that colour, it's beautiful (Native Filigree). Or maybe I just haven't looked well enough? *skips off to lillarose*

cat11
May 30th, 2015, 02:43 PM
I wish they'd make more copper too. I also love the gold! There are definitely way more silver clips in comparison though, its kind of odd

Larki
May 30th, 2015, 05:41 PM
Gold looks the best in my hair. But I don't have any money anyway, so I don't really care either way. I probably won't be buying any more hair accessories for at least a year.

AlyBlu
May 30th, 2015, 10:05 PM
It is cute, it is cute, oh my!!!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d20/AlyBlu/image.jpg1_5.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/AlyBlu/media/image.jpg1_5.jpg.html)

eadwine
May 31st, 2015, 12:08 AM
LOL sh*t...

edit: I cannot decided since I read the comment "it's nice, for kids!" on my wall.

*groan*

There IS some truth in that.

Wosie
May 31st, 2015, 03:43 AM
I have to admit that my knee-jerk reaction to the new FOTM was disappointment, but after a while I got a little happy as I don't have to spend any money on a FOTM this month around. :p It's an OK one for me, but I'm not too keen of it for some reason... I don't really understand why, I love kiddy things. Maybe some action photos will change my mind.

I still have a flexi I'm thinking of buying, the Dusky Plum, but I don't need to buy it now as it's in the permanent collection. ^_^d Maybe later this month!

two_wheels
May 31st, 2015, 04:00 AM
I find it a bit too gimmicky personally. Saved again! Haha

Winter Fox
May 31st, 2015, 04:33 AM
Disappointed as well but my wallet is once again happy :p
The last flexi I bought was ocotber 2014 xD

Theobroma
May 31st, 2015, 06:43 AM
I think it's charming, but I agree that it's more of a little-girl design. I feel a tad too old to be sporting cute ladybirds on the back of my head! :D

On reflection, though, it's a pity they didn't do matching bobby pins. I might be able to get away with tucking one into an updo as a discreet little accent. A Flexi, let alone in XL which is the size I need for buns, is another story.

squirrrel
May 31st, 2015, 08:47 AM
Don't think I'd want a big one of those for sure... Maybe a mini for use in half up - or two if I decided to use them to hold up milkmaids, but definitely not for a bun...

lapushka
May 31st, 2015, 09:49 AM
Oh a ladybug! So cute! :D

eadwine
May 31st, 2015, 10:02 AM
Made up my mind, if the price is ok I am getting it.

Cameo is $17, tidepool is $17, flitter is $20. More than $20 is not going to be doable here with the risk of added taxes, so I am hoping that it will go for 15-17 somewhere! *fingers crossed*

lazuliblue
May 31st, 2015, 10:31 AM
I think I'd quite enjoy having a ladybird on the back of my head! This is actually this first FOTM that I have thought 'ooh!' to for a while! Although I usually don't like red...but it's a ladybird so it doesn't matter :D

I also have my eye on colours on parade (I've probably already mentioned that in this thread but I just take forever to make descisions!) And the daisy flexi. So yes. All of those :o

I've been wearing my 'who's whoo?' flexi today. I haven't been wearing them as much as sticks because they keep catching my hair, but I think I just need to be a little more careful when I put them in.

BrightEyes
May 31st, 2015, 11:14 AM
Hmm, not sure if the FOTM is something I would wear. But my 8-year-old daughter would LOVE it. I think I'm going to get a mini and XS for her.

AlyBlu
May 31st, 2015, 11:38 AM
I love it. But I need whimsy in my life. I will be getting it!

KittyBird
May 31st, 2015, 11:50 AM
I love it!! I definitely want one, if the price is alright :D

Cornflake
May 31st, 2015, 01:22 PM
The new FOTM is cute, but nothing I would wear. Too bad - I would love a lady bug-flexi in a slightly different, more elegant style.

Theobroma
May 31st, 2015, 02:16 PM
The new FOTM is cute, but nothing I would wear. Too bad - I would love a lady bug-flexi in a slightly different, more elegant style.

Yup, same here. Or a really stunning enamelled butterfly. On gold... :crush:

two_wheels
May 31st, 2015, 02:26 PM
Yup, same here. Or a really stunning enamelled butterfly. On gold... :crush:

Oh yes!!! Seconding, praying, throwing salt over my shoulder....

eadwine
May 31st, 2015, 09:35 PM
Thirding :D

Theobroma
June 1st, 2015, 02:09 AM
Maybe we should all write to LillaRose and ask for something like that!

Cornflake
June 1st, 2015, 03:12 AM
I'm hoping they are reading this :) . But they probably won't come up with another ladybug flexi after they just had one. :shrug:

Wosie
June 1st, 2015, 03:26 AM
I would love to see an enamelled butterfly as a FOTM! :bigeyes: In a similar style as the Flitter, which is among my top 5 favourites. <3 (I need to buy ze Flitter in more sizes, methinks, I only have one in L.)

Ladybug costs more than Flitter, which really surprised me.

Theobroma
June 1st, 2015, 03:38 AM
The ladybird has crystals. That may account for at least part of the price difference!

KittyBird
June 1st, 2015, 04:38 AM
I tried to buy a pair of ladybugs in XS, but got an error after clicking "complete purchase". The order doesn't show up on my lillarose account, but paypal shows that the transaction went through. I sent them an email, hopefully it'll get resolved quickly :(

eadwine
June 1st, 2015, 05:22 AM
$22.. oh .. nope.. Sorry Lillarose, but I won't do that. Ah well.. good for my wallet I guess. Had they put it at $20 I would have jumped on it.

Mind.. flitter has a crystal too.

Theobroma
June 1st, 2015, 05:56 AM
$22.. oh .. nope.. Sorry Lillarose, but I won't do that. Ah well.. good for my wallet I guess. Had they put it at $20 I would have jumped on it.

Mind.. flitter has a crystal too.

So it does. Three, to be exact! I really need to wear him more often... :D

lapushka
June 1st, 2015, 07:02 AM

$22?! Are they insane?!

eadwine
June 1st, 2015, 07:35 AM
Apparently. I showed my mate two pics, the flitter and the new one. Then told him the price.. yeah the flitter won.. by a mile :lol:

roseomalley
June 1st, 2015, 07:48 AM
Not for me for all the reasons mentioned above.

Fru fru
June 1st, 2015, 11:34 AM
I was going to buy this for my daughter but she needs an extra large and at those prices plus shipping and taxes that would cost me $50:(

Theobroma
June 1st, 2015, 12:04 PM
I was going to buy this for my daughter but she needs an extra large and at those prices plus shipping and taxes that would cost me $50:(

Ouch! Taxes must be astronomical where you are! Shipping's only $4 these days...

eadwine
June 1st, 2015, 12:11 PM
When I get taxed, the basic fee is $14.16 over here, that is just handling. Then 21% of the flexi AND shipping cost (in my case 22+4) gets added to that which is $5.46, totaling $19.62 PLUS the cost and shipping of the flexi itself which I already paid, so that will be 26 + 19.62 = $45.62

The larger the thing gets the more expensive, this is just a medium in my country. I know there are those that are taxed even worse.

The euro is very low at the moment or I could go higher than $20 to stay under the tax mark, but even with the 20 it is mildly over :/

KittyBird
June 2nd, 2015, 12:26 PM
Yay! Lillarose corrected the error and my ladybugs will hopefully soon be on their way :D

StellaKatherine
June 2nd, 2015, 12:29 PM
I love that ladybug flexi so much!!! But yes, too expensive for me with the customs and all... damn it :cry:

KittyBird
June 2nd, 2015, 02:08 PM
I love that ladybug flexi so much!!! But yes, too expensive for me with the customs and all... damn it :cry:

Would you be able to afford it if you didn't have to pay customs for it? If so, I could buy one, put it in a new envelope and mark it as a gift before sending it to you. Our countries aren't that far away from each other, so shipping from here would maybe be 4-5 euros :)

Aleahcim
June 2nd, 2015, 10:20 PM
Im sure you guys get this question ALL THE TIME, but I'm thinking about getting a Flexi 8 or two but Im not sure what size would be the best way to go.. do you have any suggestions? My hair is an inch or two shorter than bsl currently.

lazuliblue
June 2nd, 2015, 11:01 PM
Im sure you guys get this question ALL THE TIME, but I'm thinking about getting a Flexi 8 or two but Im not sure what size would be the best way to go.. do you have any suggestions? My hair is an inch or two shorter than bsl currently.

My hair is ii (3 inches), MBL and I use a medium (and can still squeeze into a small!) I found the best thing to do was to get a hair stick, and then measure how much is used in my bun, and then add in 1/2 inch either side, if you see what I mean. The flexi-8 site should give you the pin length for each size.

Adiro
June 3rd, 2015, 12:03 AM
I love ladybugs so much that I would ( and might) actually get it..... And while I am there..... I always wanted the flitter....
Darn, is there any sale coming up?

How come that the May flexi is still available in June? Maybe the ladybug shall be available in July? ( I am thinkin maybe there is a 4 th of July sale)... Anybody knows from past experience?

( ok, I really love ladybugs....)

Wosie
June 3rd, 2015, 01:27 AM
Adiro, lillarose usually doesn't have a FOTM of the previous month alongside with the current month... This might be because the May's flexi was so popular. =D There are sales somewhat often, and I'm honestly expecting one to happen this month. (Guess who'll be getting a Dusky Plum? ^o^)

Aleahcim, How thick is your hair (circumference)? Mine is 3.35" the last time I checked (8.5cm) with little taper and XLs are good for me right now, a bit snug, but still works well in most buns (not with my fave though--ze disc bun). I'm guessing a L or an XL would be best for you at your current length (when it comes to bun-makin').

Aleahcim
June 3rd, 2015, 07:15 AM
I will remeasure my pony tail later today and get back to you guys, I can't remember if it is 3.25 or 3.5 ish. I will also try the stick trick, and measure how much of my stick for my bun then add .50 inch for each side.

I can even come back with a close up shot of my bun with a 5 inch stick.

I was playing around last night, and unfolded my cinnabun and it made a figure 8? would that be a figure 8 bun? I dunno, I've been assuming my hair has not been long enough for more buns and I found out like a week ago that I can do a disc bun. The 8 bun should be stable in the upcoming months and I would really like a Flexi to secure it with.

and you guys think a sale is semi soon? Because if so, I'm just gonna plan out what ones I want and wait for the sale, I might be able to afford an extra flexi then.

lazuliblue
June 3rd, 2015, 10:17 AM
I will remeasure my pony tail later today and get back to you guys, I can't remember if it is 3.25 or 3.5 ish.

I'd say you'll need at least a large then. I do a lazy wrap bun when I'm wearing flexi-8s, have you tried that bun? And yes I think when you 'unfold' a cinnabun, that will result in a figure of 8 bun. The figure of 8 bun is wider on me than a lazy wrap bun, and so you might need a larger flexi for it.

Aleahcim
June 3rd, 2015, 02:46 PM
I have freshly washed hair with a diameter of 3.5 inches.

If I were to measure my 5 inch stick in a lazy wrap bun the part of the stick that is covered(but just the very center of the center held bun) is 2.5-3 inch, my entire bun is about just over 4 inches (I'm not measuring the bulk of the bun but trying to hold the me surfing tape as straight as possible)

If this is correct I need a flexi with a functional length of 4 inches for a lazy wrap bun?

For a disc bun, the smallest possible amount of stick covered is about the same as a lazy wrap bun, the total length of bun is also close to my LWB measurements.

The figure 8 bun is smaller than my LWB because I still think I need to grow into it properly, it holds marvously with my 2 prong Quattros but it is sort of missing the final wrap at the bottom. I'm still fairly happy that I'm long enough for it at all! (I'll post a pick in the Quattro thread if anyone wants to see it.

Adiro
June 3rd, 2015, 02:51 PM
Thank you, ladies!
I guess I will wait a little and see if there is any sale coming up :)

Aleahchim, I would guestimate a large for your currently, the problem with flexi if they are too big, they feel heavy, pull on the roots and yes, they open and fall..... If something is a bit snug, you can always adjust the amount of hair you grab from the middleman the bun, and the rest of the bun stays tucked under the flexi, on the outside. Don't buy too many at once, until you try for size, and don't go too big or too little.

I think XL would be large on you to start with... Go with an L ( my opinion)

AlyBlu
June 3rd, 2015, 09:47 PM
The may one is no longer up. The Lilla Rose servers had some malfunctions over the weekend, and changes to the site were slow to happen.

eadwine
June 3rd, 2015, 10:05 PM
I have 4" sticks that ALMOST disappear in my bun, and I wear an M. L is also possible but a bit looser.

Aleahcim
June 4th, 2015, 09:50 AM
so im back to not knowing is a medium or a large is the better fit, hmm :/

I was gonna go list of the flexis that were my top favourite, but when I opened the site it was giving me errors, I'l try back later..

Wosie
June 4th, 2015, 01:45 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17528&d=1433446971

I just wanted to share a picture of my dear bud Compass Rose. I'm very happy I took the plunge and got it. I wasn't very keen of it back when it was released, and it slowly grew on me. Now it's among my favourites. :crush:

Aleahcim, I would go with a L if I were you. :thumbsup:

eadwine
June 4th, 2015, 02:21 PM
Looks great on you Wosie!

Theobroma
June 4th, 2015, 02:48 PM
Lovely, Wosie!

It took a while for Compass Rose to grow on me too. Now it's one of my favourite designs!

AlyBlu
June 4th, 2015, 09:50 PM
That is lovely Wosie.

The website is still having weird tech issues. I recieved an email that they are trying to get it cleared up.

7thOfTheDamned
June 6th, 2015, 07:44 PM
I just got my ladybug flexi today (ordered on the 3rd with no problems; paid with PayPal) and I figured I'd share some pictures even though my hair is sweaty and way overdue to be dyed. (I'm 40 weeks and 4 days pregnant - not even attempting to dye it until after this kid is born, lol) Sorry if these are huge, this is my first time attempting to post pictures. There's a few more in one of my profile albums, too.

First, I got an XL. This is only my second XL, and I'm comparing it to the emerald one in my avatar. (I think it was FOTM for March?) My ladybug's 8 is about half an inch shorter than the emerald's for some weird reason.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17586&d=1433640468

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17587&d=1433640490

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17589&d=1433640524

Overall, I really like it, and it'll probably be my main flexi for the rest of summer. :cool:

eadwine
June 7th, 2015, 12:52 AM
It's very cute!!!

eadwine
June 7th, 2015, 04:20 AM
The heck with summer.. I am wearing what I want! ;)

One of the rare reasonably sharp shots of this flexi

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/flexiwint.jpg

Wosie
June 7th, 2015, 12:28 PM
eadwine, Theobroma, AlyBlu--Thank you, ladies. :flower:

7thOfTheDamned, Cute ladybug. :3 I hope you can still use it just the way you like, even though it's smaller than your Emerald Dream.

eadwine, Beautiful! I think it's perfectly fine to wear snowy flexis and icicle LIs even in summer. It's now we need those frosty accessories the most, to cool our hot heads down. :D
Your picture reminded me of the fact that I don't own a Winter Wonder... (Why? I have no idea; it was one of the first flexi models I fell completely in love with. o-O)

eadwine
June 7th, 2015, 12:52 PM
You don't own one?? Whaaa?? Get one if you can, it's gorgeous!

eadwine
June 7th, 2015, 12:53 PM
double post

Kelli Kat
June 9th, 2015, 10:18 PM
I'm trying to create an account instead of always checking out as a guest, but I need a sponsor, anyone want to be my sponsor?

AlyBlu
June 9th, 2015, 11:20 PM
I am a rep. Let me know if you need help Kelli Kat.

eadwine
June 10th, 2015, 12:20 AM
I was able to create an account without having a 'sponsor', I just contacted Steve :)

restless
June 10th, 2015, 01:40 AM
I hope its okay I hijack this thread with a nickel question.

Ive been thinking about ordering a flexi8 or two for a long time, but I havent really gotten around doing so yet. However, today I once again stumbled upon the site and *sigh* they are so pretty... However, Im a bit concerned. I have a nickel allergy, which means my skin gets red, sore and itchy when in contact with jeans buttons, fake earrings, etc. I looked around in the lilla rose site, but couldnt really find anything about flexis containing nickel or not except in a few odd ones. I then turned to google and found a LHC thread from 2009 when a girl asked the same question as I do now. She had emailed the company and they replied they "use nickel in the plating process". Does anyone here know what its like today? Do they still use that?

Theobroma
June 10th, 2015, 03:01 AM
Restless, I don't have an answer for you, but on a Flexi the only part that would be in contact with your scalp is the bottom edge of the pin. Would it be feasible to put a few coats of clear nail varnish on the pin to insulate your skin from any nickel that might be in the plating?

restless
June 11th, 2015, 02:00 AM
Would it be feasible to put a few coats of clear nail varnish on the pin to insulate your skin from any nickel that might be in the plating?

That idea could definitlely be worth trying! I guess theyre not that awfully expensive after all, so maybe I can just order one and if it turns out I cant use it- oh well, its not the end of the world or my wallet. Thank you so much for your reply and suggestion :)

Theobroma
June 11th, 2015, 08:00 AM
That idea could definitlely be worth trying! I guess theyre not that awfully expensive after all, so maybe I can just order one and if it turns out I cant use it- oh well, its not the end of the world or my wallet. Thank you so much for your reply and suggestion :)

My pleasure. I hope it works for you!

eadwine
June 11th, 2015, 11:11 AM
There are also rubber socks that you can put on the pin. Back in the OOOOLD days I used to work at a factory that had then for wire insulation. You could cut that up to size and then applied heat to make it shrink. The start out sizes vary quite a bit, so one might be able to find them in the size that will slide right over the pin.

They are called shrink sleeves and I am sure you should be able to get them at electronics stores and such. Bring a clip and try out for size :) It may require some fiddling to put in the hair, but it's better than an allergic reaction ;)

restless
June 11th, 2015, 01:15 PM
eadwine, that is a really cool idea! :D A big thank you to you as well for some great advice.

Alright, time to go hunt down some nail polish and shrink sleeves so Im ready when the flexi arrives ;) (oh the things we do for our hair toys in this forum...)

Wosie
June 13th, 2015, 12:50 PM
Hoopla, what is the flexi thread doing on page two? :p

Sharing another photo, here is my Copper Rose in XS. Seeing it like this makes me realise that I really should get it in XL as well. <3 I love the colours, and I really recommend it.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17699&d=1434221000
Oh, and eadwine, I'm also surprised I don't have a Winter Wonder... It's so Wosie-esque! However, Dusky Plum is my main priority right now. :yumm:

eadwine
June 13th, 2015, 12:55 PM
I am already sitting here waiting what the new FOTM will be :D

Wosie
June 13th, 2015, 12:59 PM
Has your Ladybug arrived yet? *wants to see action piccies C:*

eadwine
June 13th, 2015, 01:20 PM
My ladybug? I never ordered one since it was too expensive for my taste :)

KittyBird
June 13th, 2015, 01:20 PM
Ooo, that flexi-8 looks perfect in your hair, Wosie! You totally need it in XL!

My ladybugs arrived today, and they're so friggin cute! I think this is one of my all-time favourites. SO CUTE!! I'll get some action pictures tomorrow. :D

Scarlet_Celt
June 13th, 2015, 01:28 PM
Hoopla, what is the flexi thread doing on page two? :p

Sharing another photo, here is my Copper Rose in XS. Seeing it like this makes me realise that I really should get it in XL as well. <3 I love the colours, and I really recommend it.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17699&d=1434221000
Oh, and eadwine, I'm also surprised I don't have a Winter Wonder... It's so Wosie-esque! However, Dusky Plum is my main priority right now. :yumm:

That XS copper rose is adorable on you! It really is a gorgeous flexi.

Wosie
June 13th, 2015, 01:32 PM
eadwine, Really? Silly of me. :doh: I was somehow sure you had gotten one! I think next month's FOTM will be one celebrating 4th of July (as previous years).

KittyBird, Thank you!! :flower: You are right, it has landed second on my priority list now, after the Plum of Duskiness. :3 I'm happy to hear you like the new FOTM and I'm curious to see how it'll look like in your magnificent hair. :D

Edit: Scarlet_Celt, Merci! :heartbeat Do you have a Copper Rose as well? It's one of those flexis that look way prettier irl than in lillarose's pictures (imho). *^_^*

eadwine
June 13th, 2015, 01:34 PM
*giggle* It's ok. I have been on pretty much every new release of late :)

Hopefully it won't be a blatant 4th of July thing again, to be honest.

Theobroma
June 13th, 2015, 03:07 PM
*giggle* It's ok. I have been on pretty much every new release of late :)

Hopefully it won't be a blatant 4th of July thing again, to be honest.

I'm not too optimistic about that. It's just too obvious and natural a theme for a US company to pick for July, and tends to be very popular with the home market, so why would they not do it again? I'm pinning my hopes on August. :)

Scarlet_Celt
June 13th, 2015, 03:19 PM
Edit: Scarlet_Celt, Merci! :heartbeat Do you have a Copper Rose as well? It's one of those flexis that look way prettier irl than in lillarose's pictures (imho). *^_^*

I actually don't own a copper rose, although it is definitely now on my wish list, so I'll be keeping it in mind for future orders.

Adiro
June 13th, 2015, 11:57 PM
Wosie, that little copper rose is absolutely beautiful on you, I. This tiny size it still has a great charm ,but I can I,aging it looking great in XL too!

KittyBird, please post an action shot your your ladybug!
I am little rally obsessing over getting one now ( before they are gone) but being silver I would really like to see one in action first.... I love it so much in the catalog!

KittyBird
June 14th, 2015, 12:17 AM
Here you go, Adiro! :D

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s518/KittehBird/Hairtoys/DSC_0056%20copy_zpsfuj1crzm.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s518/KittehBird/Hairtoys/DSC_0059%20copy_zps4nzqbpns.jpg

Adiro
June 14th, 2015, 12:30 AM
Ok, that's it, I am officially sold on this one! KittyBird, they should hire you as a hair model , really! You look fabulous!

The double ladybug combo is insanely adorable, they look like they are chasing each other in your hair!
I don't think I can wait for a sale. Any longer...or not at all....

And yes, thank you! I can almost see a lady bug flying my way :)

KittyBird
June 14th, 2015, 05:37 AM
Thank you so much, Adiro! I've been wanting a ladybug flexi for ages, so when Lillarose finally made one, I had to buy two! :o

AlyBlu
June 14th, 2015, 05:17 PM
Anyone looking to buy this week, wait a few more days!

Adiro
June 14th, 2015, 05:29 PM
AlyBlu, thanks for the tip :)
I am trying to sit on my hands, lol....

eadwine
June 14th, 2015, 11:08 PM
Thanks Alyblu! :D

Aleahcim
June 16th, 2015, 05:57 PM
KittyBird those ladybugs look so great in your hair! I feel happy just looking at them!

A friend I made on the fourm had some flexis she didn't like in her hair and offered to give them to me so I can try the size before eventually getting one or two myself.

The steampunk is a medium, and the anchor is a small. I was actually able to get them both to hold a LWB, so I don't think I'll have to go any larger then I medium for a LWB for a long time.

What do you guys think?
http://s22.postimg.org/qg11h7wlt/20150616_164300.jpg (http://postimage.org/)
upload an image (http://postimage.org/)
http://s3.postimg.org/we1g1kflf/20150616_164534.jpg (http://postimage.org/)
images hosting (http://postimage.org/)

elsieivy
June 16th, 2015, 06:09 PM
They look great Aleahcim!

I recently thought I'd outgrown my medium flexi but then I discovered a bunch of center held buns and realized I still have plenty of options left with it!

Adiro
June 16th, 2015, 07:17 PM
Aleahchim, they both look beautiful, but I would t go with small..... Shut my opinion... A bit more hair, and it's gonna overflow the beads....

Aleahcim
June 16th, 2015, 07:25 PM
Thankyou Adiro , smalls would be onlyfor half up .

AlyBlu
June 16th, 2015, 07:47 PM
Those look great!

AlyBlu
June 16th, 2015, 07:47 PM
Keep an eye out for the email, it is coming soon!

eadwine
June 17th, 2015, 12:13 AM
That anchor is looking nice in that picture actually! And the size looks perfect, nice buns too!

Adiro
June 17th, 2015, 01:19 AM
Boooo, it's 3:18 AM here, I am not sleeping, I checked the site and yes the sale is on, but the Ladybug in XL is sold out already..... :( oh well, maybe the restock later...

eadwine
June 17th, 2015, 01:55 AM
10% off, 30% off items to be discontinued, and the new July flexi is out. Of COURSE American flag themed. I want the red, white and blue as well, but as a Dutch flag! :lol:

I got the purple multicluster (used to be too expensive, not anymore with 30% off) and the hawaii flower pink (same discount).

Theobroma
June 17th, 2015, 03:02 AM
That isn't the new July Flexi, eadwine, it's last year's! The 2013 July Flexi is also back, and Dazzling Sparkling Fireworks has the Fourth of July colours as well.

That's three US flag themed clips that are available right now. I wonder whether this means that we can hope the July FotM will be a little more international this time?

eadwine
June 17th, 2015, 03:08 AM
Oh yeah now I see haha, ok wait and see.

I just added the sea turtle to the bunch, couldn't resist that one. :lol:

Theobroma
June 17th, 2015, 03:11 AM
Also, purple cluster doesn't seem to be available in XL. :(

Wondering whether to get it in large... though the purple beads may be a little too pale.

eadwine
June 17th, 2015, 05:00 AM
Hey.. indeed.. bummer!!

Wosie
June 17th, 2015, 05:59 AM
Also, purple cluster doesn't seem to be available in XL. :(

Wondering whether to get it in large... though the purple beads may be a little too pale.

I have two Purple Clusters (:o sadly none larger than M...), and I have to inform you of the fact that it's a little darker/more sombre irl than in the pictures. The beads around the centrepiece is more of a smoky light purple and the centrepiece is quite dark (but gorgeous in daylight!).

I'm honestly a little sad they're discontinuing this one. ;< I was always hoping they were going to list them in XL sometime...

-

Also, no free shipping? ;O Oh well, I'm out of funsie funds for the month of June, so I will have to wait for the next sale before acquiring my Dusky Plum. ^.^

Theobroma
June 17th, 2015, 07:11 AM
I have two Purple Clusters (:o sadly none larger than M...), and I have to inform you of the fact that it's a little darker/more sombre irl than in the pictures. The beads around the centrepiece is more of a smoky light purple and the centrepiece is quite dark (but gorgeous in daylight!).

Hmm, dark would be good, and smoky light purple sounds very attractive. I can't deny I'm tempted... though I already have Dusky Plum and it might be argued that I don't need two predominantly purple clips...

Also, no free shipping? ;O Oh well, I'm out of funsie funds for the month of June, so I will have to wait for the next sale before acquiring my Dusky Plum. ^.^

Dusky Plum is stunning in person. Elegant enough to be dressy, subtle enough to wear every day. I said above that I already have it... truth to tell, I have it in pretty much every size except XS and Mega. If I had to choose just one Flexi to take to the proverbial desert island, this would be the one. :)

AlyBlu
June 17th, 2015, 07:28 AM
I agree, the purple cluster is lovely. Darker than pictured but catches the light nicely.

I am also a rabid fan of the dusky plum. Did you see it now has a headband in those beads?!

Theobroma
June 17th, 2015, 08:20 AM
No, but then I just don't wear headbands. It looks lovely, though -- I'd definitely get one if I had any use for such a thing!

DreamSheep
June 17th, 2015, 09:29 AM
I am in love with your ladybirds KittyBird - and are making me want to do exactly the same, buy two small ones and wear them in my hair. :p
I love insects!

alexis917
June 18th, 2015, 11:27 AM
I'm contemplating getting a big size as a tangible motivator to grow out my hair. Which size do you think I should get for a (future) bun? I can barely get a small around a half-up, and can't do a full ponytail (with anything) that doesn't stick straight out until I'm around, or a bit past, APL.

eadwine
June 19th, 2015, 01:27 AM
OK wow.. they are already out of the country and en route to me, I have NEVER had that happen this fast since the new system was in effect. It took about 5 days for the tracking nr to start getting alive even! This is good, I like that!

Wildcat Diva
June 19th, 2015, 06:37 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img673/4446/fv3nvA.jpg

Not a new one, but it's nice to wear a toy that reminds you of a friend who gifted it to you a while back. Thanks Vanilla!

eadwine
June 19th, 2015, 11:36 PM
SO pretty!!!

Adiro
June 20th, 2015, 12:02 AM
So Beautiful, WD!
The glitter is one of the two flex is that I REALLY want ( the other is the ladybug)

KittyBird
June 21st, 2015, 11:48 AM
Thank you Aleahcim and Dreamsheep!

Wildcat Diva, the flitter looks amazing in your hair! :thud:

Wildcat Diva
June 21st, 2015, 03:49 PM
Thank you all. It was very sweet to be gifted my choice of a flexi from Vanilla last year. She made me feel really special. :)

lapushka
June 21st, 2015, 03:59 PM
Pretty, WD!

eadwine
June 23rd, 2015, 04:23 AM
And here we are, as I expected they would get here pretty quick!

My three flexis are in, all correct, all dandy. I lurve that turtle lol The purple cluster turned out much darker than I anticipated, it blends in at the moment. In about 3-4 years it won't anymore since the henna will have grown out for the most part and my hair will be a bit of a lighter tone.

Anyway.. the spam!

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/flexipurplesmall.jpg

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/flexihawaiismall.jpg

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/flexiturtlesmall.jpg

georgia_peach
June 23rd, 2015, 04:30 AM
Eadwine, I always look forward to seeing your flexi pictures. They all look absolutely perfect in your hair!

eadwine
June 23rd, 2015, 04:37 AM
Awww *blush* Thank you! :o

lapushka
June 23rd, 2015, 05:58 AM
Gorgeous; esp. loving the turtle, eadwine!

eadwine
June 23rd, 2015, 06:18 AM
Thanks! It's cute isn't it. Not too detailed; it reminds me of the plastic heroes logo that we have here, but cute nonetheless!

vpatt
June 23rd, 2015, 07:22 AM
I ordered an extra small fairy and a small dragonfly, they have shipped!

vpatt
June 23rd, 2015, 07:33 AM
http://imageshack.us/a/img673/4446/fv3nvA.jpg

Not a new one, but it's nice to wear a toy that reminds you of a friend who gifted it to you a while back. Thanks Vanilla!

That is beautiful! Is it still available? I don't remember seeing it.

Edited to add:
And your hair is beautiful as well!

AlyBlu
June 23rd, 2015, 11:26 AM
Absolutely gorgeous photos eadwine!

Vpatt, yes Flitter is still available.

eadwine
June 23rd, 2015, 11:43 AM
Thanks AlyBlu! Can't wait to see what July is going to bring!

Aderyn
June 23rd, 2015, 12:00 PM
Oh wow, Eadwine, that turtle flexi 8 looks so cute and it's just lovely in your hair!

eadwine
June 23rd, 2015, 12:19 PM
Thanks Aderyn, it is my favorite of the three alright :D

AlyBlu
June 23rd, 2015, 04:32 PM
I am hoping July is unique also. I am Stateside but variety for July would be nice.

I have that turtle in XS, but thinking I may need a larger one.

vpatt
June 23rd, 2015, 04:56 PM
Absolutely gorgeous photos eadwine!

Vpatt, yes Flitter is still available.

Thank you!

Johannah
June 24th, 2015, 06:17 AM
I'm thinking about buying some XS flexi's for half ups... My grown-out bangs are getting long enough to do this.

Gosh I wish I won a $100 coupon from lillarose :lol:

eadwine
June 26th, 2015, 01:27 AM
Flexi 8 clips, size medium. I can JUUUUST get the tip of the pin over the hook point when I put it in. I sometimes have to release some more hair in order to do it as I just cannot get it over. It doesn't look like it from the back, but I thought: let's take a pic from the side just to show how much of a tight squeeze a medium flexi really is for me :)

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/flexi1small.jpg

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/flexi2small.jpg

That clip is holding on to my partially growing out bangs btw :D

lapushka
June 26th, 2015, 07:53 AM
Nice, those bangs are nearly grown out! At least so you can get them into updos. :) Isn't that how a Flexi8 is supposed to be worn, nice and snug, so it doesn't budge. I still can't quite grasp why you'd want it "looser" in your hair. The minute your head moves, down it goes. ;)

eadwine
June 26th, 2015, 08:07 AM
Yup, that is the way to go. It is not tight or anything, it is just very snug in the hair. I can go to a hard rock headbanging party and it will not budge the entire night. I cannot afford in my line of work that the hair comes loose and have to do it up again over the course of the day. So.. it goes up at 05:30ish, and doesn't come down till about 21:30 or so. It will not have moved in the mean time. :)

Mind the bangs are not IN the updos yet. The ends are just under where the bun sits. That peekaboo bit is a bit of ends of the length *giggle* I couldn't be bothered to do it again. It wasn't a prob, and the flexi was correct on my head. That is ONE little ocdish thing I managed to let go over the years. "It is in the center? Is it snug? Good, let it go".

Gone are the days where I did an updo 5 times just because some bit of hair wasn't sitting to my liking hahaha

eresh
June 26th, 2015, 04:11 PM
Thanks for posting photos everyone, I love watching them :-)

I've been wanting to order the Star of David for so long,...
And now I want the ladybug one aswell.
But I have no funds for them booohooooo
Hopefully they will be continued for longer (ladybug, star of david is a permanent one)

Arete
June 26th, 2015, 10:53 PM
Playing around with ponytail styles. This held like a rock and was pretty comfortable for the 7 hours I wore it. Double wrapped pony bun with an Aurora Borealis.

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x385/TheJazzPony/11009218_713570445455961_1830005549087578243_n_zps dcggnxvt.jpg

vpatt
June 27th, 2015, 03:01 PM
I got the pink fairy and the silver dragonfly. I got an extra small and a small as my hair is very fine and only below the collarbone. I really like them a lot and I think I will try a medium, too.

I do have a question......my daughter has waist length, fairly thick hair....do you think a large would work for her? Thanks for any advice.

Arete
June 27th, 2015, 05:29 PM
Vpatt, I think she could probably use an XL

vpatt
June 27th, 2015, 06:23 PM
Vpatt, I think she could probably use an XL

Oh, thank you, Arete. I will order her an extra large then.

elsieivy
June 27th, 2015, 06:24 PM
I got the pink fairy and the silver dragonfly. I got an extra small and a small as my hair is very fine and only below the collarbone. I really like them a lot and I think I will try a medium, too.

I do have a question......my daughter has waist length, fairly thick hair....do you think a large would work for her? Thanks for any advice.

My hair is waist length with average thickness and I use a medium for center held buns and a large for other ones. I think a large would probably work for your daughter.

Kherome
June 27th, 2015, 06:38 PM
My hair is waist length with average thickness and I use a medium for center held buns and a large for other ones. I think a large would probably work for your daughter.

I agree. I have Classic length hair and still only need a large.

Arete
June 27th, 2015, 06:42 PM
My hair is on the lower end of iii thickness, and an XL would have been perfect for me at waist length. An XL works for centerheld buns now at BCL.

lapushka
June 28th, 2015, 03:27 PM
I agree. I have Classic length hair and still only need a large.

For a center held bun like a LWB, yes L was fine at waist for me. I don't know now, because I haven't worn one in such a long time. But it is a myth that iii needs a mega from the get-go.

eadwine
June 29th, 2015, 03:27 PM
*peeks around the corner* Any news on the July one?

Aderyn
June 29th, 2015, 03:38 PM
Haven't heard/seen anything about the July one, but I'm excited to see what it'll be!

SnottyDotty
June 29th, 2015, 03:41 PM
Eagerly waiting to see he July FOTM :)

AlyBlu
June 29th, 2015, 04:45 PM
Not yet - but I am keeping an eye out. The minute I know - you will!

AlyBlu
June 29th, 2015, 08:58 PM
It is here! And it is not a fourth of July theme!

I love it!!!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d20/AlyBlu/image.jpg1_6.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/AlyBlu/media/image.jpg1_6.jpg.html)

Aderyn
June 29th, 2015, 10:08 PM
Oh wow, I love it, too! So nice to see such a unique an pretty flexi 8!

Not something I would personally wear, but I can definitely admire it. :)

elsieivy
June 29th, 2015, 11:06 PM
Ooo! Sunflowers are my absolute favorite! I told my husband I wasn't buying any more hair things until August but I may be making an exception for this one!

two_wheels
June 29th, 2015, 11:34 PM
Oh!!! That's the first one I've liked for ages :)

eadwine
June 29th, 2015, 11:58 PM
Definitely something else.. I just hope the price is ok.. that 22 euro mark after all.. *crossing fingers*

Wosie
June 30th, 2015, 02:45 AM
My knee-jerk reaction to this one was "oooh"... I guess this means I will get it. :laugh: Quite Wosie-esque, actually. =D Loving the wooden beads and the sweet sun flower!

Theobroma
June 30th, 2015, 03:37 AM
I'm liking this too, but with the warm tones of the centrepiece and beads, I really think it would have been even prettier with a gold or brass pin. The cool silver is a bit too much of a contrast for my taste. Not yet sure whether I'll get it.

But! A July FotM that isn't fourth of July themed! That's a winner no matter what! :)

eresh
June 30th, 2015, 08:15 AM
I like it, but not for me.
Thats a relief my list of wants is too long already.

lapushka
June 30th, 2015, 10:58 AM
I like this one, it's pretty. Not going to get it, though. I have enough Flexi8s!

eadwine
June 30th, 2015, 11:10 AM
I might not get it :lol: just bought a new drinking fountain for the cats ;) They come first of course, however, with the big heap of monees I just got in from 'gotten too little of this' and 'paid too much for that' I just might go for it anyway.

But that 22 euro mark is key!

AlyBlu
June 30th, 2015, 02:58 PM
Eadwine - I think it falls under your number, not by much if I converted correct

eadwine
June 30th, 2015, 03:01 PM
If it is $21 it's going to be just a wee on the wrong side of the scale. So.. 20 and lower is a good thing! :lol:

We'll see what happens, and what I decide should it be :)

AlyBlu
June 30th, 2015, 03:38 PM
Um - maybe wrong side of scale. Can you get gifts through customs without the extra tax?

SnottyDotty
June 30th, 2015, 03:45 PM
Oh wow the July one is beautiful but, fortunately for my bank account, yellow/brown warm tones don't tend to work in my hair.
Really looking forward to seeing action shots though :)

Hele
June 30th, 2015, 10:20 PM
oh noes! I wasn't planning on getting any more flexis but...but...it's a sunflower! :love:

eadwine
June 30th, 2015, 11:50 PM
Um - maybe wrong side of scale. Can you get gifts through customs without the extra tax?
Yes, but they can still bitch about it if they are having a bad day and demand the bill and then you are still in trouble ;)

AlyBlu
July 1st, 2015, 12:23 AM
sent you a PM

Wosie
July 1st, 2015, 02:51 AM
Hmm, 27 dollars for a Sunflower in XL... :hmm: Isn't that rather pricey? How much did Grace cost, again?

Theobroma
July 1st, 2015, 03:17 AM
Hmm, 27 dollars for a Sunflower in XL... :hmm: Isn't that rather pricey? How much did Grace cost, again?

Grace was $29 in XL.

I suppose the sunflower does seem a little pricey in relation to that (nothing as precious as mother of pearl in it, after all), but I'm less concerned with the price than with the proportions. The centre seems awfully big on it; I prefer the look of the large where the flower is smaller in relation to the loop.

Fru fru
July 1st, 2015, 03:31 AM
I like it and ordered one for my daughter. It is pricey though and as she needs an extra large I will probably get stung by customs but I haven't bought any flexi's for months and it's so pretty.

eadwine
July 1st, 2015, 08:40 AM
Ouch.. it is pretty but I hold the flitter as my standard, which is a mere 20. This is not more pretty than flitter to me, so it is not worth paying the 3 more for it. I am going to pass :)

Theobroma
July 1st, 2015, 08:44 AM
Ouch.. it is pretty but I hold the flitter as my standard, which is a mere 20. This is not more pretty than flitter to me, so it is not worth paying the 3 more for it. I am going to pass :)

I agree with you, eadwine -- Flitter does have it outclassed! Though it's probably a nice alternative to Charming Rays of Sunshine for people who want a little more silver in their clips.

OK, now I'm pinning my hopes on August for that awesomely stunning but still subtle and dressy enamelled butterfly centre we were hoping for... :)

AlyBlu
July 1st, 2015, 09:32 AM
I think, but am not positive, that it may be the size of the enamel that creates the price difference. But that is just a thoughtful guess at the moment.

Alaska98
July 1st, 2015, 10:47 AM
I REALLY wanted those you-pins... But $25? And they look like they may be top heavy. :/

AlyBlu
July 1st, 2015, 06:16 PM
The single color pins have been discontinued due to the single colors fading in the sunlight. If you need to exchange for another item, just let them know.

Kherome
July 1st, 2015, 06:22 PM
I was hoping for another beautiful patriotic flexi like "patriot heart" was. This is a no go for me. The center is too small anyway.

DreamSheep
July 1st, 2015, 06:59 PM
OOohh, I really like this one :-)
though i don't know if I will be able to afford one :(

Hele
July 1st, 2015, 07:04 PM
well i caved and got one. I am powerless against sunflowers. : /

AlyBlu
July 1st, 2015, 08:59 PM
well i caved and got one. I am powerless against sunflowers. : /
Me too. I got two of them.

Aderyn
July 2nd, 2015, 10:44 AM
Flexi 8 in a disc bun :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18000&d=1435853890

vpatt
July 2nd, 2015, 11:02 AM
For a center held bun like a LWB, yes L was fine at waist for me. I don't know now, because I haven't worn one in such a long time. But it is a myth that iii needs a mega from the get-go.

Thank you, everyone for the suggestions on size for my daughter.

And oh shame, you enablers, LOL. Now I find myself looking at the Lilla Rose site very often. But they seem to be decently priced and very well made......or so I tell myself....I love my dragonfly...gave the fairy away so now I really want another fairy.
NEED another.

AlyBlu
July 2nd, 2015, 04:33 PM
^we are definitely enablers. I love my flexis. Nothing has ever stayed in my hair, all would slide straight out.

Valkyriejae
July 3rd, 2015, 12:04 AM
Oh man, I love the centerpiece and the beads, but I just don't understand why they had to put it with a silver pin... I feel like it clashes with the golden sunny vibe! Even antique brass or copper would have been nice, to keep a warm tone throughout :(
I might still get it, but it's times like this I really miss customs

Theobroma
July 3rd, 2015, 06:57 AM
Oh man, I love the centerpiece and the beads, but I just don't understand why they had to put it with a silver pin... I feel like it clashes with the golden sunny vibe! Even antique brass or copper would have been nice, to keep a warm tone throughout :(
I might still get it, but it's times like this I really miss customs

I agree with you about the pin! And you aren't the only one who misses customs. I do gather, though, that they haven't forgotten that some of us want them back, but they're still working on finding a way to process them efficiently. (Not surprised; the old system must have been quite complicated for them internally.)

I'd suggest dropping them a (friendly!) note saying how much you loved being able to order customs in the past and that you're waiting longingly for them to return. I imagine that the more people they know are avid for customs to come back, the more of a priority issue this will be for them. In general, customer service at Flexi is absolutely fantastic, so I'm sure they will be bringing this back if they know there's enough of a demand!

cat11
July 3rd, 2015, 10:44 AM
I agree with you about the pin! And you aren't the only one who misses customs. I do gather, though, that they haven't forgotten that some of us want them back, but they're still working on finding a way to process them efficiently. (Not surprised; the old system must have been quite complicated for them internally.)

I'd suggest dropping them a (friendly!) note saying how much you loved being able to order customs in the past and that you're waiting longingly for them to return. I imagine that the more people they know are avid for customs to come back, the more of a priority issue this will be for them. In general, customer service at Flexi is absolutely fantastic, so I'm sure they will be bringing this back if they know there's enough of a demand!

I agree on the band too... I came so close to ordering because I love the centerpeice and beads but I really feel like the pin clashes... I need to see some action shots first to be sure it really works.

two_wheels
July 3rd, 2015, 01:05 PM
I agree about the clashing pin but it wasn't quite enough to put me off :)

Theobroma
July 3rd, 2015, 03:55 PM
Looking forward to action shots. These colour combinations sometimes look very different when worn; those of us with misgivings may yet end up loving it! :)

Crystawni
July 3rd, 2015, 07:47 PM
It looks as if the pin is the same colour as the outline and detail of the flower, so, in action, the glint of silver should match in well with the centrepiece. :shrug:

elsieivy
July 6th, 2015, 03:38 AM
My mom just ordered a Sunflower Flexi as her birthday present to me! I'll be sure it post a picture when it arrives. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else's action pictures as well.

Hele
July 6th, 2015, 09:00 PM
the FOTM arrived super fast! Not the best picture since it's night, but:

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab76/heletwo/20150706_224903_resized%20640x364_zpslbc2gg5t.jpg (http://s851.photobucket.com/user/heletwo/media/20150706_224903_resized%20640x364_zpslbc2gg5t.jpg. html)

sunflower! Squee!

elsieivy
July 6th, 2015, 09:17 PM
the FOTM arrived super fast! Not the best picture since it's night, but:

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab76/heletwo/20150706_224903_resized%20640x364_zpslbc2gg5t.jpg (http://s851.photobucket.com/user/heletwo/media/20150706_224903_resized%20640x364_zpslbc2gg5t.jpg. html)

sunflower! Squee!

So pretty! I can't wait for my to arrive!

Aderyn
July 6th, 2015, 09:34 PM
I can't wait for action shots!

eadwine
July 6th, 2015, 10:28 PM
Nice!! But no regrets on my part for not getting it :)

Action shots indeed!

Cornflake
July 7th, 2015, 03:26 AM
I really like the sunflower flexi! I am just not sure I would wear it. I am really looking forward to some action shots! :D

Wosie
July 7th, 2015, 03:51 AM
It's really pretty and cute, Hele! I'm a little sad I probably can't get it this month (mayhaps in the end of the year, when they have all the FOTMs for sale)... I might have to live vicariously through your action shots. :heartbeat

Hele
July 7th, 2015, 11:49 AM
quickie damp bun action shot before work:

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab76/heletwo/20150707_133549_resized%20401x640_zpsodpbfkwk.jpg (http://s851.photobucket.com/user/heletwo/media/20150707_133549_resized%20401x640_zpsodpbfkwk.jpg. html)

and a closer upper:

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab76/heletwo/20150707_133549_resized%20614x476%20614x476_zpsg1s lbx4c.jpg (http://s851.photobucket.com/user/heletwo/media/20150707_133549_resized%20614x476%20614x476_zpsg1s lbx4c.jpg.html)

it feels a bit heavier than my other flexis, i guess due to the bigger centerpiece. I like how the brown beads kind of blend in with my hair and i don't think the silver detracts from it at all. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else's action shots, i'm not sure how the FOTM got here so fast!

elsieivy
July 7th, 2015, 02:00 PM
It looks beautiful in your hair Hele!

eadwine
July 7th, 2015, 11:04 PM
Gorgeous Hele!

eresh
July 8th, 2015, 11:22 AM
It looks stunning in your hair, the sunflower really stands out.

Cornflake
July 8th, 2015, 03:14 PM
Wow, I love the sunflower in your hair!

jennareid
July 8th, 2015, 03:58 PM
I don't much care at all for Flexi-8s, but I really really really LOVE the sunflower one. I've never seen a Flexi that made me go more than "eh, it's alright". Maybe it's the wooden beads? I think some of the super sparkly beads cheapen the look of some of their clips, but I like how these ones look more earthy and subtle.

Hele
July 8th, 2015, 06:33 PM
i think the sunflower flexi would be great to wear to a summer festival or a fair, it has that kind of vibe to it! (and thanks for the FOTM compliments!) :) I look forward to seeing how everyone else wears it!

elsieivy
July 9th, 2015, 06:03 PM
My FOTM came today! I took a picture to show my mom since she was the one who bought it for me and I thought I'd share it here too

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18078&d=1436486481

Aderyn
July 9th, 2015, 06:44 PM
Such a gorgeous Flexi-8 and it looks wonderful in your hair! :)

I think the combination of the silver with the warmer tones works really well, and it also seems to make it a bit more neutral so it looks good in a lot of different hair colors.

eadwine
July 10th, 2015, 12:17 AM
Looking really nice Elsieivy!

Wosie
July 10th, 2015, 02:25 AM
Geh, who am I kidding, I will probably get this flexi by the end of this month; it's just too awesome. :p Beautiful action piccies, gals!

lapushka
July 10th, 2015, 05:13 AM
I think that sunflower Flexi looks the prettiest in brown hair. My hair would be too ashy. :)

two_wheels
July 10th, 2015, 02:30 PM
Mine arrived too! I like it a lot :heartbeat:
http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb359/wheels_two/flexi_sunflower_zpsz9mtmdzw.jpg

elsieivy
July 10th, 2015, 04:42 PM
It looks beautiful Two_wheels!

Theobroma
July 12th, 2015, 06:56 AM
Very pretty, two_wheels!

cat11
July 13th, 2015, 04:57 PM
Im gonna be honest, I recently ordered a lot of new flexis so I would have more variation since I wanted to wear them more, but now I find myself questioning how hair safe they really are...

One clip, brand new from Lilla Rose, had a sharp seam on the bottom that caught my hairs and later gave me a papercut on my finger, which I needed to sand down myself. I think I'll contact them about this..

Another brand new one had a crooked centerpiece.

I also acquired some from the swap board.. there wasn't issues with the quality of these clips but some of the centerpieces (most notable the middle of the dreamcatcher one, the dangles are fine, oddly enough) are catching in my hair, as well as the ends.

I just don't know if I really wanna use something that catches my hair like that all the time.. it's pretty much always fine when I use them for braids or for ponytaisl but when I use them in buns they have a tendency to get caught :/

Has anyone else experienced stuff like this? Im frustrated and disappointed... as I've been using them more the last week or so since they came I've been noticing more issues than when I used them more infrequently.

Aderyn
July 13th, 2015, 08:00 PM
I've never had an issue with Flexi-8s being hair safe, and my hair certainly has a mind of its own. On occasion, a few stray hairs have managed to wrap themselves around the centerpiece, but it was always a breeze to gently remove said strands. The stray hair catching has also become less frequent as I've become more accustomed to using them, though it certainly wasn't common before.

For the sharp seam and the crooked centerpiece, I would definitely contact LillaRose, they have really great customer service and said process would be an exchange so they will pay the shipping costs.

Wosie
July 14th, 2015, 04:57 AM
cat11, Honesty is great! I agree, even though I'm a huge flexi fan I still have issues with it catching my hair; it happens more often with 'busy' centrepieces (e.g. Kaleidoscope). I don't really look at flexis as particularly hair safe (not for me, at least), I just love their look so much that I use them anyway. I try to remember to be careful when I use them (mostly when I take them out), that helps quite a bit.

cat11
July 14th, 2015, 06:42 AM
Aderyn maybe it will get better the more I use those particular ones that seem to catch it. Sometimes it comes off easy like you said yours did, but other times it's like it's wedged in some tiny crevice and wont come out.

I just decided to contact them about it so I guess it's being resolved and it was only that one order that was bad.. it was just frustrating. The other clips I had before were ones you could put on in any direction but some of the new ones I could only put on from the left or it would be upside down and as if that wasn't hard enough it kept eating my hair.

Wosie I know what you mean about wearing them mostly or the look. They're also really comfy and useful. I still wore one today. It just was weird because they hadnt had such issues before and I wondered if it was becoming a trend or something

I tried a new thing with one of my xls today actually, I did a lwb pony but with only 1/3 of my hair left in the pony and then put the flexi on and wrapped the left over tail around the outside and pinned it with a spin pin . I really like how it turned out

eadwine
July 14th, 2015, 10:10 AM
24hr sale on clearance items :) Just got two flexis for 7.50 each :D

Cornflake
July 14th, 2015, 10:26 AM
Lucky you, eadwine. That is a really good deal. What did you buy?

Whenever I try entering their site I get a firestorm-Error. I find it really frustrating that they keep having that problem, but I guess I just won't buy anything then.

Aderyn
July 14th, 2015, 10:29 AM
Lucky me - I'm not particularly interested in any of the clearance items in XL. Not going to test my luck by looking at the Large or Megas. :p

I also get the firestorm error, it just requires a lot of reloading the page and hopefully you get through eventually.. one page at a time! It really makes me want to avoid buying during the sales and just buy at full price, which is a shame. Ever since the Black Friday sale of last year.. nope, I'm just going to buy the FotM/new flexis as they come (if I like them), rather than wait until the end of the year/a sale.

eadwine
July 14th, 2015, 10:31 AM
Yup.. I got that even on paying. I had to back up and resubmit the OK to the order at least 6 times. All the time I had paypal open in another tab to check when payment went through :lol:

On sale are:

1392 Tiger Lily Amethyst
1393 Hawaiian Flower Pink
1442 Skull and Crossbones
1444 Sea Turtle
1445 Prominent Dragonfly
1589 Purple Cluster
1584 Sea Inspired Dolphin
1813 Celtic Knot Brown
1816 Fluttering Hummingbird
2042 Native Filigree Copper
2172 Rich Multi-Cluster Copper
2194 Princess Tiara Gold
2315 Simple Band Lite Wood
2421 Victorian Inspiration

Those are what is on sale on the medium page. I wager the same goes for the other sizes.

AlyBlu
July 14th, 2015, 11:06 AM
there are quite a few others also.

eadwine
July 14th, 2015, 11:07 AM
I don't see any others on the medium page?

AlyBlu
July 14th, 2015, 11:13 AM
Probably in other sizes. There is the aurora borealis, some of the hummingbirds, some of the wooden ones, the amethyst one, the ameythst tiger lily, many of the tiara ones.

eadwine
July 14th, 2015, 11:15 AM
Ah.. other people have to check on those. I am just stating the mediums. :)

AlyBlu
July 14th, 2015, 11:16 AM
I did not know about this sale ahead of time, but I have an order that has to be placed today, so the refresh is getting a bit old

eadwine
July 14th, 2015, 11:19 AM
I got the notification in the email. I was surprised no one had yet posted!

Asrai
July 14th, 2015, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the heads up, eadwine! After a lot of fighting with the site, I ordered Victorian Inspiration in both small & large for $20 shipped. :D

AspenSong
July 14th, 2015, 11:21 AM
An hour and a half and I've gotten 2 items into my cart. Fairly ridiculous. =/ If I wasn't already working at the computer, I'd just give up completely.