PDA

View Full Version : The Flexi-8 / Lilla Rose Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70

DreamSheep
February 4th, 2015, 10:32 AM
Oh right!

Yes, the buncage method for sure doesn't work for me then - I thought it was the same thing :p
So, in response to the cinnabun - I do use the pin as a stick, and then just do my best to close the 8 over the top.
That said, as my hair grows longer I hope I can make tighter and securer buns by having extra length to wrap around itself. =)

eadwine
February 4th, 2015, 10:41 AM
Yep.. ''try to close the 8 over the top' :lol: I have to try twice sometimes because I haven't stuck it in far enough to the middle to start with and there is too much hair in it to be able to close :) But my experience is: the smaller size you can make work, the more secure the bun will be without being tight, uncomfortable or anything else annoying.

I cannot redo my bun at work, and I have to sit with my head upside down sometimes, it is not only upright, so it HAS to be ok without fuss. And that from 5:30 till 16:30 when I can take the hair down again :)

DreamSheep
February 4th, 2015, 11:06 AM
(what does your job involve that you are upside down? Are you an acrobat? An astronaut? I mean this seriously, I'm quite curious now!)

For a dinner tonight I decided to wear my Calla Lily XL.
It is in a ponytail style because my hair is drying, and thus, at its pouffiest.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/magikspiffy/d157b407-dd10-437d-9175-76d63c9b0b29.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/magikspiffy/media/d157b407-dd10-437d-9175-76d63c9b0b29.jpg.html)

Quasiquixotic
February 4th, 2015, 11:09 AM
:thud: dreamsheep, that is some beautiful hair!

I am also curious about your job Eadwine!

eadwine
February 4th, 2015, 11:26 AM
I am a home health aide, and that does involve some quite fun positions at times :lol:

sourgrl
February 4th, 2015, 11:45 AM
DreamSheep I have a serious crush on your hair. An extra large for a pony? :thud: Gorgeous <3

TrapperCreekD
February 4th, 2015, 12:17 PM
Thanks TrapperCreekD!
It is most definitely on my wishlist! What size did you get? (sorry if you had posted that, I've been a bit scatterbrained recently) I got a large because I really wasn't in love with the new copper bead on the new sizes. It's working surprisingly well with minimal acrobatics - looks so tiny when you're holding it - with center hold buns, just have to keep the surrounding hair from swallowing it!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/magikspiffy/d157b407-dd10-437d-9175-76d63c9b0b29.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/magikspiffy/media/d157b407-dd10-437d-9175-76d63c9b0b29.jpg.html)

Gorgeous! :thud:

DreamSheep
February 4th, 2015, 01:40 PM
I'm sad...the flexi8 broke in my hair!!!

AlyBlu
February 4th, 2015, 01:41 PM
I will have to play more with the flip. It sounds like what I do, but I think I am closer to bun cage, but my bun cage does not move-at all. It was left in and slept in for two days of having the flu bug, did not budge.

eadwine
February 4th, 2015, 01:44 PM
Aww no DreamSheep... do contact Steve ok? What happened?

AlyBlu: keep practicing :) It is so neat to have more insertion methods available so more sizes may fit!

Wosie
February 4th, 2015, 01:52 PM
Sorry to hear that, DreamSheep... :( I was actually wondering a while ago how common it is for a flexi to break, and now I see that they're not unbreakable (though their sturdiness really is something else)!

lapushka
February 4th, 2015, 01:53 PM

Oh no, you gotta be kidding! How did that happen? What exactly broke? The 8? The stick? Did it split in two?

AlyBlu
February 4th, 2015, 02:01 PM

Oh no, the calla lily? BTW, that pic was stunning!

Quasiquixotic
February 4th, 2015, 02:01 PM
whah DreamSheep! Powerful hair you have there!

this is my newest flexi. I mostly use it like a stick. While I know this is big on me, it's not loose and doesn't fall out. I've not seen how long I could go without touching it. I'm a serial hair toy user - I have a hard time not changing my toy regularly.

So I *really* LOVE this flexi. It's much less red than I thought it would be. It's like a combo of red, pink and purple, such that it fits all the different shaded depending on what it is next to. :cloud9:

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o246/Quasiquixotic/IMG_9284_zpsf2413a7c.jpg (http://s122.photobucket.com/user/Quasiquixotic/media/IMG_9284_zpsf2413a7c.jpg.html)

AlyBlu
February 4th, 2015, 02:03 PM

AlyBlu: keep practicing :) It is so neat to have more insertion methods available so more sizes may fit!
I will keep playing, I do not even know a different bun than the cinnamon!

AlyBlu
February 4th, 2015, 02:04 PM
whah DreamSheep! Powerful hair you have there!

this is my newest flexi. I mostly use it like a stick. While I know this is big on me, it's not loose and doesn't fall out. I've not seen how long I could go without touching it. I'm a serial hair toy user - I have a hard time not changing my toy regularly.

So I *really* LOVE this flexi. It's much less red than I thought it would be. It's like a combo of red, pink and purple, such that it fits all the different shaded depending on what it is next to. :cloud9:

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o246/Quasiquixotic/IMG_9284_zpsf2413a7c.jpg (http://s122.photobucket.com/user/Quasiquixotic/media/IMG_9284_zpsf2413a7c.jpg.html)

Looking good!

Wosie
February 4th, 2015, 02:06 PM
I love it, Quasi!! It doesn't look big on you at all, you have thick hair and a big bun. :agree: Your picture makes me want to wear my precious Ruby Bouquet, and I would, if it weren't 10 PM and I gotta sleep soon. *^_^*

Arete
February 4th, 2015, 02:07 PM
Unlike dreamsheep, I don't have enough hair to fill an XL in just a regular pony, so I did this weird start of a cinnabun twist thing and it worked out pretty good.

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x385/TheJazzPony/10858620_624993574313649_7965819794385306157_n_zps fa458e43.jpg

DreamSheep
February 4th, 2015, 03:55 PM
:thud: dreamsheep, that is some beautiful hair!

DreamSheep I have a serious crush on your hair. An extra large for a pony? :thud: Gorgeous <3

Gorgeous! :thud:
Thanks ladies! :-)

Sorry to hear that, DreamSheep... :( I was actually wondering a while ago how common it is for a flexi to break, and now I see that they're not unbreakable (though their sturdiness really is something else)!

Oh no, you gotta be kidding! How did that happen? What exactly broke? The 8? The stick? Did it split in two?

Oh no, the calla lily? BTW, that pic was stunning!

This is what my flexi looks like now:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/magikspiffy/IMG_9570.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/magikspiffy/media/IMG_9570.jpg.html)

I wore it in a centre held bun whilst eating, and as I went to put it in as a ponytail holder again, I felt it pop out.
Who is Steve, eadwine?

Unlike dreamsheep, I don't have enough hair to fill an XL in just a regular pony, so I did this weird start of a cinnabun twist thing and it worked out pretty good.

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x385/TheJazzPony/10858620_624993574313649_7965819794385306157_n_zps fa458e43.jpg
Beautiful Arete! :) I think I can get Ls to work too - I think the XL holds better when my hair is recently washed because it is puffier and wavier, so it doesn't slide down so much.

DreamSheep
February 5th, 2015, 04:22 AM
Not double post! :S
But anyway, today I'm wearing Night Owl Flexi in Mega.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/magikspiffy/97691359-902b-4825-a7bb-4f2dbfa3c852.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/magikspiffy/media/97691359-902b-4825-a7bb-4f2dbfa3c852.jpg.html)

This one was springing open the first time I tried it on, don't know if it is too big or too small, but I hope it doesn't break! :)

Majorane
February 5th, 2015, 04:42 AM
What I am now going to say is said in such amazement it will be in capslock and in a color.
YOU WEAR AN XL FOR A PONYTAIL HOLDER AND THEN YOUR HAIR MANAGES TO BREAKTHE beep THING?!?! Even when the breakage occurred in a cinnabun, that is insane! What are you, Hele's illegitime sister or something? Ladies and gents, we have a new hairtoy killer in our midst!

What a shame you broke your pretty! Have you contacted LR yet? It's a new one, right? Refund! New one! Boooo.

Wosie
February 5th, 2015, 04:45 AM
I like that it looks like the loops of the flexi are the owl's wings... Cute! :)

Hele
February 5th, 2015, 04:57 AM
YOU WEAR AN XL FOR A PONYTAIL HOLDER AND THEN YOUR HAIR MANAGES TO BREAKTHE beep THING?!?! [/COLOR] Even when the breakage occurred in a cinnabun, that is insane! What are you, Hele's illegitime sister or something? Ladies and gents, we have a new hairtoy killer in our midst!

hey now, i haven't killed any flexis yet! (Bows down to DreamSheep's hair :bowtome: ) I can totally see the potential for breakage though, they pop open on me now and then and they aren't the sturdiest things. But they're so pretty and fancy looking, with absolutely no effort on my part! It's so sad to look at the broken one!

i love the Ruby Bouquet on you Quasi!

my overpriced FOTM should be here any day now! Did anyone else break down and buy one?

Selkie-
February 5th, 2015, 06:39 AM
Gorgeous DreamSheep -- only your buns can make the mega flexi look small! ;)

Johannah
February 5th, 2015, 06:48 AM
Dreamsheep I'm going to ignore your pictures from now on because they make me jealous of your hair :p

AlyBlu
February 5th, 2015, 08:58 AM
That is some beautiful hair Dreamsheep!

AlyBlu
February 5th, 2015, 08:59 AM

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x385/TheJazzPony/10858620_624993574313649_7965819794385306157_n_zps fa458e43.jpg. I like it! Your hair is gorgeous!

eadwine
February 5th, 2015, 10:21 AM
I wore it in a centre held bun whilst eating, and as I went to put it in as a ponytail holder again, I felt it pop out.
Who is Steve, eadwine?

Steve is the owner of Lilla Rose IIRC. You can get in touch with him using the LR contact options.

ARG
February 5th, 2015, 10:09 PM
my overpriced FOTM should be here any day now! Did anyone else break down and buy one?

I didn't buy the over-priced one, I bought Vintage Hearts instead. I couldn't justify it.

I wonder if they increased the price of the FOTM to slow down on the sell out of them... of course that doesn't explain why one was at a ghastly price and the other wasn't...

Majorane
February 6th, 2015, 12:46 AM
Maybe they are testing if the price is a reason to buy or not buy, and that is why they had 2 FOTM. Or maybe the silver one really was much cheaper to make. They do have a lot more silver and pewter Flexi's than gold and copper one, so the beads and parts for the silvers get produced or bought in bigger bulks, and that could also be a difference in price? I personally wouldn't mind more flexi's but then again with shipping what is it and import taxes I am not going to get many flexi's. They are just too expensive, even without the price increase, to get 'em to here.

I wonder what kind of focal you'll get in your Vintage Hearts! I seem to be the only one talking about it but I don't get why they'd do two rather different toppers in the same flavour flexi. I hope you'll get the nice and stripey one :)

jacqueline101
February 6th, 2015, 10:32 AM
Can I ask an off topic question? How long does it take for them to send your flexi8. My moms worried it's been one week no word.

ARG
February 6th, 2015, 11:06 AM
I wonder what kind of focal you'll get in your Vintage Hearts! I seem to be the only one talking about it but I don't get why they'd do two rather different toppers in the same flavour flexi. I hope you'll get the nice and stripey one :)

It seems like the Mini, Extra Small, and Small are the neat stripey ones, and Medium up is the plain one. I have no idea why they did that, it really is odd (add that to the growing number of LR oddities).

Anyway, I should receive my XL Vintage Hearts and Steampunk sometime after Valentine's Day.

Jacqueline, sometimes it takes a bit of time to ship, but more than likely you mother didn't receive a notice of shipping. You should email them and find out the status just to be sure, especially if the money was withdrawn from her bank account.

jacqueline101
February 6th, 2015, 11:59 AM
It seems like the Mini, Extra Small, and Small are the neat stripey ones, and Medium up is the plain one. I have no idea why they did that, it really is odd (add that to the growing number of LR oddities).

Anyway, I should receive my XL Vintage Hearts and Steampunk sometime after Valentine's Day.

Jacqueline, sometimes it takes a bit of time to ship, but more than likbely you mother didn't receive a notice of shipping. You should email them and find out the status just to be sure, especially if the money was withdrawn from her bank account.

All she got was an email saying label has been made February 1: she clicked on the deal to track it nothing else is given.

eresh
February 6th, 2015, 03:00 PM
Has anyone bought the star of David flexi?
I'd like to see it in in-hair pictures :-)

No one yet?
I keep coming back to it, but I'm wondering what the silver looks like IRL.
And a bit hesitant to wear it outside...due to a nasty experience in the past.
Hm....what to do.

lapushka
February 6th, 2015, 03:22 PM
No one yet?
I keep coming back to it, but I'm wondering what the silver looks like IRL.
And a bit hesitant to wear it outside...due to a nasty experience in the past.
Hm....what to do.

Just go for it, Eresh. Sometimes you can't prevent nastiness from happening, doesn't mean you need to change your ways because of it!

Majorane
February 6th, 2015, 05:55 PM
^^That! Stupid people will always be around, if they don't hate on you for your Star of David in your hair they'll find something else, or be pissed at you SoD necklace/earrings/etc. Get it! :)

ARG
February 6th, 2015, 09:50 PM
Let it be the silver that hold you back from buying it, not negativity. People are always going to be rude, they're always going to try and bring you down, don't let them, especially if something has meaning and hold great importance to you.

Adiro
February 7th, 2015, 12:28 AM
That FOTM for February is adorable, I just checked it out,must God,miss it pricey! What is going on?why so expensive?

Johannah
February 7th, 2015, 03:06 AM
I can't wait to see picts from the FOTM...

jacqueline101
February 7th, 2015, 06:54 AM
Good news mom called lilla rose yesterday it was the post office that didn't scan to deliver my package. If I don't get it by the end of the week call back. I found out I'm getting 2 flexi 8's. Sun rays and skull with hearts.

two_wheels
February 7th, 2015, 06:57 AM
hey now, i haven't killed any flexis yet! (Bows down to DreamSheep's hair :bowtome: ) I can totally see the potential for breakage though, they pop open on me now and then and they aren't the sturdiest things. But they're so pretty and fancy looking, with absolutely no effort on my part! It's so sad to look at the broken one!

i love the Ruby Bouquet on you Quasi!

I broke too. Fly swiftly, my gaudy overpriced bauble!:pegasus:

jacqueline101
February 7th, 2015, 10:38 AM
This is off topic how do you order a past flexi that's no longer on their website? My mom was wondering about this. I'm wanting to know this as well.

two_wheels
February 7th, 2015, 11:59 AM
I think you ask a consultant Jacqueline101 and they try to find one for you. I don't know any consultants - and they're probably not allowed to contact you unsolicited. But maybe if you write here "I would like a consultant to PM me please" then they will PM you :)

skeletonous
February 7th, 2015, 12:49 PM
I really want to order a Flexi for my mom for her birthday, but I'm not sure what size to get her. She has MBL+ length hair that is probably a ii in thickness like mine. She likes to do lazy wrap buns but I would imagine for her shows (she's a musician) she'd also go with a half up. Any suggestions? :)

two_wheels
February 7th, 2015, 12:56 PM
I have ii hair, just hit BSL and use L for lazy wrap buns and xs for half ups :)

eadwine
February 7th, 2015, 01:03 PM
I have between waist and tailbone, I can use an M and an L on a nautilus :)

skeletonous
February 7th, 2015, 01:06 PM
double post!

Majorane
February 7th, 2015, 01:31 PM
.....And to add to the confusius, I mean confusion, I have BSL (my bsl is looooow) (no, by booblettes don't hang, okay) and ii and I use a M OR an L for LWB and for halfups I can use xs, but mini if I have two braids or so pinned to the back.

I think that an xs will never be wrong or a mini? Half ups never go out of style.

jacqueline101
February 7th, 2015, 01:59 PM
I think you ask a consultant Jacqueline101 and they try to find one for you. I don't know any consultants - and they're probably not allowed to contact you unsolicited. But maybe if you write here "I would like a consultant to PM me please" then they will PM you :)

Okay I might try that.

jacqueline101
February 7th, 2015, 01:59 PM
I'd like a flexi 8 consultant to pm me.

eresh
February 7th, 2015, 02:05 PM
Well, still, thing can get quite frightening/potentially dangerous when you have run-ins with "antisocial people/closeminded".
It's not for nothing the synagoges have guards again.

But I'd like to see a real photo anyway first :-)
They are usually better than the website images.

Majorane
February 7th, 2015, 02:24 PM
Oh, those idiots. Yeah, okay, fair enough. Although I don't like it one bit that you'd have to cover up your religious symbols because of other scary people,mbe it a niqaab or a Star of David or a cross or a pastamonster.

Now I want a FSM flexi.

Seeshami
February 7th, 2015, 03:15 PM
Omg i want a pastamonster flexi and i am not even pastafarian

skeletonous
February 7th, 2015, 03:48 PM
Ok so I was teaching my mom how to do a nautilus and I secretly measured her bun :eyebrows: it looks to be about 3 3/4 inches in diameter...the same as a medium flexi. So should I get the medium or opt for that little bit of extra length with the large? Thank you all for your help, I really appreciate it! :)

ETA: I feel like I could comfortably go with a medium considering that the stick would not have to go all the way to the edge of the bun if it was a nautilus, for example, because that's a center held bun. I'd still like to get other opinions though!

ETA2: So From my research, apparently the loops on the medium are about 3 inches, while the loops on the Large are about 3.75 inches. I will probably go with the large, that way she can do more styles and I know that it will fit.

ARG
February 7th, 2015, 09:19 PM
Haha skeletonous, you crack me up! Only on LHC will you find someone secretly measuring a persons buns. I think you'd be safe with a large. If you get the wrong size LR is pretty good about exchanges made within 30 days.

Jacqueline, you can also find a consultant in your area via their Facebook page (if you have one).

Was I the only one who ordered Vintage Hearts? I know Sweet Valentine was the shinier of the two.

skeletonous
February 7th, 2015, 09:46 PM
Haha skeletonous, you crack me up! Only on LHC will you find someone secretly measuring a persons buns. I think you'd be safe with a large. If you get the wrong size LR is pretty good about exchanges made within 30 days.

I try ;) I actually found a medium in the style I wanted on Ebay that's for a lower price that I'm bidding on, if I don't win that then I'll order a large from the actual website. If I win the medium and it ends up being too small (I should be able to tell before she actually wears it hopefully) I'll just sell it on the swap board and then get the large.

Majorane
February 8th, 2015, 12:12 AM
Omg i want a pastamonster flexi and i am not even pastafarian

Remind me in a month or so (I need to study for a stupid work test from now on until next month) to start making faux flexis and I'll make us both a Noodly one. His Pastaness is easy to make idolatious icons of in fimo....

eadwine
February 8th, 2015, 01:27 AM
My bun diameter is the same, I'd say go for the M. It'll sooner not sit stable because it is too large than the M being too small.

jacqueline101
February 8th, 2015, 03:13 AM

Jacqueline, you can also find a consultant in your area via their Facebook page (if you have one).

Was I the only one who ordered Vintage Hearts? I know Sweet Valentine was the shinier of the two.

I will try this. I have Facebook I just hate going on it.

skeletonous
February 8th, 2015, 08:33 AM
My bun diameter is the same, I'd say go for the M. It'll sooner not sit stable because it is too large than the M being too small.

I was kinda thinking that too, thanks! :flower: I'm getting her the dreamcatcher one by the way, she adores turquoise and dreamcatchers, so it's perfect for her. I'm trying not to get one for myself yet (the owl and the fairy!) but I might fall into that temptation. :lol:

jacqueline101
February 8th, 2015, 10:42 AM
I went on Facebook there aren't any lilla rose consultants in my area next is calling hq and find out that way. I want last sept green dragon fly flexi 8

two_wheels
February 8th, 2015, 10:53 AM
I went on Facebook there aren't any lilla rose consultants in my area next is calling hq and find out that way. I want last sept green dragon fly flexi 8
Well, good news... That one was so popular that they made it available permanently
Here is link (https://secure.lillarose.biz/MemberToolsDotNet/ShoppingCartNew/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=18962&CatalogueID=204&PartyID=0&PartyGuestID=0&InternalUse=1&ProductGroupString=67.71), don't know what size you take

jacqueline101
February 8th, 2015, 01:01 PM
Well, good news... That one was so popular that they made it available permanently
Here is link (https://secure.lillarose.biz/MemberToolsDotNet/ShoppingCartNew/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=18962&CatalogueID=204&PartyID=0&PartyGuestID=0&InternalUse=1&ProductGroupString=67.71), don't know what size you take

I wonder why I didn't see it. I think it's great. I'm going to buy a lot of them. I have a wish list.

two_wheels
February 8th, 2015, 01:04 PM
I wonder why I didn't see it. I think it's great. I'm going to buy a lot of them. I have a wish list.
I think many of us here can relate to that ;)

Stellaaa
February 8th, 2015, 02:10 PM
Remind me in a month or so (I need to study for a stupid work test from now on until next month) to start making faux flexis and I'll make us both a Noodly one. His Pastaness is easy to make idolatious icons of in fimo....

Oh, oh, oh .. meeee toooo, pleeeeeeeaasse. I've got colander hat around here somewhere ....

jacqueline101
February 8th, 2015, 03:35 PM
I think many of us here can relate to that ;)

I found a consultant and I'm hoping to buy some 6 or 7 more. I'm happy I found that one. I'm going to send my man to get 10mm wooden beads. I'm working on getting my toys straightened out. I got my own private bath.

Majorane
February 8th, 2015, 11:53 PM
Oh, oh, oh .. meeee toooo, pleeeeeeeaasse. I've got colander hat around here somewhere ....

Another sister in the faith?! Omg! Fantastic :magic: okayokay, if I forgot due to stress to make a faux FSM flex (Fff) in a month or so remind me. And where there is time to make two beads of His Noodlyness there is time to make three! After all, there is only joy in admiring his doughiness. R'amen, sister!

:rolling:

Also,Jaqcueline, every time I look at the flexi's on the website I, too, rediscover a 'new' one, or, one that previously didn't catch my eye much. Or that I just completely missed. :)

jacqueline101
February 9th, 2015, 06:27 AM
Another sister in the faith?! Omg! Fantastic :magic: okayokay, if I forgot due to stress to make a faux FSM flex (Fff) in a month or so remind me. And where there is time to make two beads of His Noodlyness there is time to make three! After all, there is only joy in admiring his doughiness. R'amen, sister!

:rolling:

Also,Jaqcueline, every time I look at the flexi's on the website I, too, rediscover a 'new' one, or, one that previously didn't catch my eye much. Or that I just completely missed. :)

My brother seen it and thinks it's pretty and wants me to buy it. I'm going to order from my new found consultant. I do like the hair toys. Next is clearing out space. I'm going to buy a rolling beauty shop cart for them.

AlyBlu
February 9th, 2015, 02:13 PM
Time to order, decided I really want the antique heart

skeletonous
February 9th, 2015, 08:41 PM
I won that medium Dreamcatcher flexi auction :) so excited for it to come in the mail even though my mom's birthday isn't for a couple of months.

ARG
February 10th, 2015, 08:41 PM
Congratulations!

Have you thought about getting a small for half ups, for yourself? ;)

skeletonous
February 11th, 2015, 05:03 PM
Congratulations!

Have you thought about getting a small for half ups, for yourself? ;)

Thank you :o and yes, I'm very tempted! I'm trying to wait for my birthday though lol.

Hele
February 12th, 2015, 09:01 PM
Fly swiftly, my gaudy overpriced bauble!:pegasus:

^^best FOTM description ever! :) And in other news, i just got back in town and it's here! I don't know if i'll be able to justify buying another one at the current price (seriously, with shipping and tax it was $44.52 USD...for a FLEXI) but i really like this one! I swear though, the 8's are smaller than they used to be (maybe it's just me though, i dunno). But here's a quickie "omg i gotta new flexi" bathroom shot...

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab76/heletwo/2%2012%2015_zpscdxspiej.jpg (http://s851.photobucket.com/user/heletwo/media/2%2012%2015_zpscdxspiej.jpg.html)

hennalonghair
February 12th, 2015, 09:08 PM
:thud: Stunning Hele. I didn't think red could look so nice in your hair.

Hele
February 12th, 2015, 09:10 PM
^^grrrrl, i found something else in the mail tonight too! (Will send you pictures later...i love them! :) )

hennalonghair
February 12th, 2015, 09:20 PM
^^grrrrl, i found something else in the mail tonight too! (Will send you pictures later...i love them! :) )

Noooo wayyy! Oh cool!

eadwine
February 13th, 2015, 01:12 AM
I am glad I passed on the new flexi, I still think it looks like one of those kiddie carnaval things, sorry.. :/ Glad you like it though, but definitely not for me.. that price too! O_O

Looking forward to the other thing in the mail :)

AlyBlu
February 13th, 2015, 07:03 PM
Hele, that looks lovely in your hair!

squirrrel
February 14th, 2015, 02:15 AM
So much flexi-8 fun in this thread...

That flexi looks great in your hair Hele, but neither of the Feb FOTM's are for me... That's fine... I just bought three mini's for a plaited updo. I'm think-hoping they'll be the right size and work for what I'm after, but... Will just have to wait and see when they get here I guess.

skeletonous
February 14th, 2015, 09:41 AM
So I ended up giving my mom her flexi for Valentines Day and she loves it, the thing is she can hold a ponytail with it :shocked: I can also get it to hold a nautilus in her hair but it takes a little effort sometimes. I'm pretty sure now that her hair is thicker than mine :laugh: and if it's not that I just underestimated how her length bulks up her buns. She doesn't put her hair all the way up for her shows anyway, so it's great for its intended purpose that I bought it for, but now I know to get her a large or extra large for her full buns!

two_wheels
February 14th, 2015, 09:50 AM
i just got back in town and it's here!
Awww it's lovely!
I got my 'you have a fee to pay' card through the door this morning :rolleyes: ...... I guess it will arrive this week!
:pegasus: :pegasus: :pegasus:

eresh
February 16th, 2015, 10:00 AM
I want the Star of David flexi...I'm sure now.

But...L or XL :-)
I was looking for an L, but I like the beading on the XL better, with the largers round beads as a variation to the smaller ones.
But i already have a lot of XL's, would be nice to vary with an L sometimes for different style updo's.
Hmmmm now what LOL

I guess I'll think/brood some more :-)

eresh
February 16th, 2015, 10:00 AM

I was looking for an L, but I like the beading on the XL better, with the largers round beads as a variation to the smaller ones.
But i already have a lot of XL's, would be nice to vary with an L sometimes for different style updo's.
Hmmmm now what LOL

LongCurlyTress
February 16th, 2015, 10:10 AM

Hmmmm now what LOL

Glad you decided to get it eresh! It is beautiful! &;D

eadwine
February 16th, 2015, 01:50 PM
Well hello there little one ;)

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/oldiesmall.jpg

She's very old indeed, very old :)

Adiro
February 16th, 2015, 02:43 PM
Eadwine, that is so pretty! green works wonderful on You!

Hele, I love your new flexi! To me it looks like hard candy :) I find it delicious ( I actually loved the Jan FOTM too, but the prices are prihibitive, really.... )

eadwine
February 16th, 2015, 02:47 PM
Thanks Adiro :)

kaydana
February 16th, 2015, 02:56 PM
That green looks lovely in your hair, Eadwine! (I love your earrings, too)

squirrrel
February 16th, 2015, 03:00 PM
What a lovely little flexi that is Eadwine. :)

lapushka
February 16th, 2015, 03:22 PM

Hmmmm now what LOL

Get them both? :p :whistle:

Well hello there little one ;)

Pretty in a braid, Eadwine!

eadwine
February 16th, 2015, 03:47 PM
Thanks everyone!

The earrings are.. ehh.. BAF sells them I believe.. they are quite old already.. ehm.. little7 or something like that :lol:

AlyBlu
February 16th, 2015, 06:08 PM
That green flexi is just lovely!

Scarlet_Celt
February 17th, 2015, 07:27 AM
I've been meaning to take a photo of my mega Festive Poinsettia since December. Turns out I have difficulty taking a steady shot, but I managed to get one after many attempts!
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy103/alannahmartin/23127afc-d2ec-4e1c-85ee-55d5a419b552_zps3a9b9464.jpg (http://s782.photobucket.com/user/alannahmartin/media/23127afc-d2ec-4e1c-85ee-55d5a419b552_zps3a9b9464.jpg.html)
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy103/alannahmartin/f43bda32-b94a-41be-ae95-dfb9ecc6b072_zps0a4ea248.jpg (http://s782.photobucket.com/user/alannahmartin/media/f43bda32-b94a-41be-ae95-dfb9ecc6b072_zps0a4ea248.jpg.html)
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy103/alannahmartin/324f4c9c-62bf-49ca-9e9b-b06c8a8bdc81_zpsa098efe8.jpg (http://s782.photobucket.com/user/alannahmartin/media/324f4c9c-62bf-49ca-9e9b-b06c8a8bdc81_zpsa098efe8.jpg.html)

eadwine
February 17th, 2015, 07:36 AM
Now that is a nice fitting mega :D Looking great!

Scarlet_Celt
February 17th, 2015, 07:47 AM
Now that is a nice fitting mega :D Looking great!

Thanks :) It's worth mentioning that the beads do look more red when in natural light, but sadly I wasn't able capture much in the shots I took.

eadwine
February 17th, 2015, 09:17 AM
Oh I know.. I have the same beads on a different flexi, very dark beautiful red :)

Scarlet_Celt
February 17th, 2015, 09:35 AM
Oh I know.. I have the same beads on a different flexi, very dark beautiful red :)

When it first arrived there was no natural light in the room I was in, and I was convinced the beads were black! It's cool how they glint as the lighting changes.

eresh
February 17th, 2015, 02:19 PM
Get them both? :p :whistle:

Haha nope can't. it will get much too expensive with the added shipping AND customs-charges.
It's not a temporary flexi so I can still decide to get the other one at a later point.
At least....I THINK this is a permanent flexidesign.

Edit: Emailed to ask if it is a permanent design!

eadwine
February 17th, 2015, 04:25 PM
I wonder if it is!

I hope he makes a pentacle sometime.. we've got the cross and the David star already now :D

jacqueline101
February 18th, 2015, 06:49 AM
Mine finally arrived. They're perfect.

Hele
February 18th, 2015, 07:20 AM
^^we need pictures! : )

i love your little green flexi eadwine, do you remember the name of it?

congrats on the Poinsettia Scarlet_Celt, it's one of my favorites!

eadwine
February 18th, 2015, 07:47 AM
Thanks! Nope I don't remember and there is no way to find out anymore for me, since I cannot get back into the F8 account.

Hele
February 18th, 2015, 08:01 AM
it can henceforth be known simply as "Eadwine's awesome flexi"...sounds like a good name to me! :bluesmile

eadwine
February 18th, 2015, 08:11 AM
Hahaha awww.. I wonder if Steve still knows.. Hrmm.. will mail him in a bit with a pic attached ;)

eresh
February 18th, 2015, 12:17 PM
Quick reply!
The Star of David is indeed a permanent design! YAY!

Also great news....custom orders for an extra-fee will return in the future!!! (no date yet though but it will return!)
They are working on adding an easy-for-everyone system for this.
They are also discussing the prices now.

Double YAY!!!

eresh
February 18th, 2015, 12:19 PM
Your green one is an Open Flower one.
They have been available with different colours over the years.

eadwine
February 18th, 2015, 12:30 PM
Open flower. Including the beads thing? Cause that hasn't been around these past few years that I remember.

edited to add:

Ah.. just heard back from Steve on it, it is not a regular open flower, he calls it "Open Flower with outer stone sets"

Got that cleared up, but no plans to bring this design back at least for now.

Scarlet_Celt
February 18th, 2015, 02:03 PM
congrats on the Poinsettia Scarlet_Celt, it's one of my favorites!

Thanks Hele, it's delightful for Winter :)

Here's a photo of today's flexi 8. My mega tree of life:

http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy103/alannahmartin/83fbcdeb-bc35-4587-8451-96b179190c3c_zpsee3827ab.jpg (http://s782.photobucket.com/user/alannahmartin/media/83fbcdeb-bc35-4587-8451-96b179190c3c_zpsee3827ab.jpg.html)

eadwine
February 18th, 2015, 02:27 PM
Wow.. that is a BUN! :D

Scarlet_Celt
February 18th, 2015, 02:33 PM
Wow.. that is a BUN! :D

I wasn't planning on wearing my hair in another bun today, but my hair hadn't finished drying and I didn't want to go to work with somewhat wet hair, so a last-minute bun and flexi 8 had to do. I was most pleasantly surprised I managed to get it to go in the right way around (I'm a lefty).

jacqueline101
February 18th, 2015, 02:41 PM
I took pictures of my flexi 8's I love them.

eadwine
February 18th, 2015, 02:47 PM
I wasn't planning on wearing my hair in another bun today, but my hair hadn't finished drying and I didn't want to go to work with somewhat wet hair, so a last-minute bun and flexi 8 had to do. I was most pleasantly surprised I managed to get it to go in the right way around (I'm a lefty).

Oh I hear you. Waaaay in the beginning I did my buns up like a lefty as well, until I saw that most things ARE used as righty. Had to relearn the whole deal then, felt so awkward hahaha.

I am a righty by the way, mostly :)

Scarlet_Celt
February 18th, 2015, 02:50 PM
Oh I hear you. Waaaay in the beginning I did my buns up like a lefty as well, until I saw that most things ARE used as righty. Had to relearn the whole deal then, felt so awkward hahaha.

I am a righty by the way, mostly :)

At first I didn't notice it because my original flexi 8 purchases looked the same upside down, but the tree of life design looks a tad silly upside down, so I did my best to wear it properly this morning. I'm usually quite good at doing things with my right hand, but my left is undoubtedly my dominant hand.

eadwine
February 18th, 2015, 02:55 PM
I am SO glad they still do the lefty conversion on the flexis! :)

And yeah.. I see why a tree upside down would be slighty.. off. :lol:

Calypso
February 23rd, 2015, 06:51 AM
Here are my first flexis! I have a small flitter and a medium rays of sunshine.
http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k500/amber_isabella/temporary-2.jpg

Here's the flitter in a half up.
http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k500/amber_isabella/temporary-4.jpg

And the rays of sunshine in a folded braid. I thought this would hold all my hair, but I can only use it as decoration in buns! I think I need either a large or extra large. I doubt an extra large will fit yet, but I don't know if there's much point in getting a large if I'll grow out of it fairly quickly.
http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k500/amber_isabella/temporary-3.jpg

Please excuse the messy hair!

squirrrel
February 23rd, 2015, 07:59 AM
My first flexi's arrived today :) I got two tiara crystal's and a ballet slipper - all in mini's for holding milkmaid braids... I have to say, my milkmaid braids feel more secure than ever when done this way! :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16036&d=1424703483

Sorry about picture quality...

I've also got an xs and an s on the way so I can work out what sizes work best for what updo's. :)

jacqueline101
February 23rd, 2015, 08:05 AM
Here are my first flexis! I have a small flitter and a medium rays of sunshine.
http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k500/amber_isabella/temporary-2.jpg

Here's the flitter in a half up.
http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k500/amber_isabella/temporary-4.jpg

And the rays of sunshine in a folded braid. I thought this would hold all my hair, but I can only use it as decoration in buns! I think I need either a large or extra large. I doubt an extra large will fit yet, but I don't know if there's much point in getting a large if I'll grow out of it fairly quickly.
http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k500/amber_isabella/temporary-3.jpg

Please excuse the messy hair!

I love the flitter one. I'm getting it. I have the rays of sunshine. I can't wait to use mine.

AlyBlu
February 23rd, 2015, 08:09 PM
Very nice!

ARG
February 24th, 2015, 08:20 AM
Rant Ahead!

Two weeks after my order was placed, it was finally shipped. It was supposed to be delivered this past Saturday. When it wasn't I checked tracking, which wasn't updated until Monday to tell me that it was delayed and is still in the west coast. At this rate I won't get my flexi's until the March FOTM is out, and even if it's the flexi of my dreams, I can't justify buying another flexi when I just got one. Especially with these horrible FOTM prices. Grr.

/end rant

jacqueline101
February 24th, 2015, 11:17 AM
Rant Ahead!

Two weeks after my order was placed, it was finally shipped. It was supposed to be delivered this past Saturday. When it wasn't I checked tracking, which wasn't updated until Monday to tell me that it was delayed and is still in the west coast. At this rate I won't get my flexi's until the March FOTM is out, and even if it's the flexi of my dreams, I can't justify buying another flexi when I just got one. Especially with these horrible FOTM prices. Grr.

/end rant

Mine did that too I called lilla rose they said it was the post office. Like you said it sat at the post office and just before it was due to arrive I got my notice. It was a week late and the tracking stinks why bother. Anyways does this always happen?

Viola88
February 25th, 2015, 02:17 AM
Here's my first flexi I got from a swap. My question for everyone is is there a benefit of using a consultant versus using the main lilla rose website?

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh492/Viola887/flexi_zpsatazztyr.jpg

eadwine
February 25th, 2015, 09:45 AM
No difference at all. The only thing is that a consultant could have something available that the site no longer does. And they likely earn some money from sales, I doubt they will do it for free :)

Selkie-
February 25th, 2015, 09:57 AM
Here's my first flexi I got from a swap. My question for everyone is is there a benefit of using a consultant versus using the main lilla rose website?

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh492/Viola887/flexi_zpsatazztyr.jpg

That looks gorgeous on you! I love your hair colour. :)

kaydana
February 25th, 2015, 12:51 PM
Viola88 - Your hair colour is so gorgeous I didn't even notice you were wearing a flexi at first :thudpile:

squirrrel
February 26th, 2015, 11:57 AM
That's a lovely flexi Viola88. I love the way you're wearing it as well.

I got my last Flexi-8 package today, meaning that I now have three different sizes (Mini, XS and S) and know what sizes fit best for the different styles I do, and which sizes will be best for any future orders. Great! :)

Anyone looking forwards to seeing what the March Flexi of the month will be?

eadwine
February 26th, 2015, 01:12 PM
Yup, looking forward to seeing.. and hoping I hate it :lol:

rags
February 26th, 2015, 01:38 PM
Hoping it will have a reasonable price tag, or barring that, that I hate it as Eadwine says. Luckily I didn't like February's.

two_wheels
February 26th, 2015, 02:15 PM
Um well so here's that flexi you all hate :lol:
I like it actually! I hope the next one they make is all different and therefore pleasing to the people who hate this one.
Edit - pleasingly, the beads are all there & the finish is good. It does seem rather small for a L but it does the job!
http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb359/wheels_two/20150226_zpsvapiven0.jpg
:pegasus:

rags
February 26th, 2015, 05:18 PM
But, two_wheels, it's gorgeous in YOUR hair! It would just look horrid in mine. I'm glad that those who love gold finally got one, and it looks great on you! Truly it does. It would look awful on me is all.

AlyBlu
February 26th, 2015, 05:46 PM
As a consultant, I do earn a fee. The benefits of a consultant is I have access to non published sales that I can offer to my clients, I can help when an item is damaged and you need warranty issues solved and I can frequently get a hold of items no longer on the site. That being said, I became a consultant because I love these things, I am not the greatest salesperson, but I like having access to all the toys.

AlyBlu
February 26th, 2015, 05:57 PM
Um well so here's that flexi you all hate :lol:
I like it actually! I hope the next one they make is all different and therefore pleasing to the people who hate this one.
Edit - pleasingly, the beads are all there & the finish is good. It does seem rather small for a L but it does the job!
http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb359/wheels_two/20150226_zpsvapiven0.jpg
:pegasus:
Oh, I think that is lovely! I got the antique one.

Wosie
February 26th, 2015, 11:04 PM
It looks very cute on you, t_w. :') *a tad jelly* I'm still bummed about the price! That flexi was definitely Wosie-esque. :agree:

squirrrel
February 27th, 2015, 02:15 PM
Mmmm... My wallet is definitely hoping that I don't like it that well. Or that it's not too pricey and they are not so popular that they sell out by pay day (on a funny every four week schedule).

I love the ones I've got so far - both in that I love the beads and patterning, and for just how versatile they are. I can use them for so many different hairstyles. I've got a wish list in my head of which ones I want to purchase next - probably a few each time pay day comes around (bought singly to avoid the dreaded import fees issue). I can see this going on a long while as I find ones I like and different ways of using them.

:)

AlyBlu
February 27th, 2015, 05:29 PM
Oh, I like the new one for March!

ravenheather
February 27th, 2015, 07:23 PM
Oh, I like the new one for March!

That's just no fair. ;)

Quasiquixotic
February 27th, 2015, 07:26 PM
I wanna see!!

AlyBlu
February 27th, 2015, 11:55 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d20/AlyBlu/image.jpg1.jpg[/URL]

Majorane
February 28th, 2015, 12:12 AM
:wail: but that is such a nice flexi :wail: Do we have confirmarion on a price yet? It's kind of like the compass rose in style, but not really, and it's so cool! On the other hand, with the extra charges or big orders or shipping costs the way they are I firmly must say NO. And I'm not allowed, anyway.

One other thing that makes me sad is, there aren't many gold flexi's. And I made the transition from silver to gold a year and a half ago when my granny passed, so I could wear her gold ring she wore all her adult life. Of course I still have a lot of silver stuff (...most of it fake silver, duh, I am cheap) but I'd like moar gold flexi's.

Oh and TwoWheelers! It's not that I hate your flexi! It's just that I hate pink. It's not you it's pink. :D No but seriously, that flexi looks really nice in your hair, and all the sparkles are always good.

I am still bummed out that I didn't get anchor away flexi. If anyone reading this (now or in the future) has a tiny one of that flavour, and wants to sell it, my inbox is your inbox, so to speak.

ETA: WHY DOES THE MNISMALL FLEX HAVE CLEAR BEADS INSTEAD OF OPAL ONES?! Darn, Lillrose, why do you have varieties in one flavour?! It's weird and not fair!!

AlyBlu
February 28th, 2015, 12:21 AM
Have not seen a price yet

squirrrel
February 28th, 2015, 01:03 AM
Thanks for the picture AlyBlu. I think I like the simplicity of that one... Much as I love sparklies, I'm not really that bothered by hearts, and found that the sparkly Feb had too many colours all at once. I love seeing it in two_wheel's hair, but it never called out to me.

I do know what you mean about colours other than silver Marjorane... I really like copper and brass and other colours like that. So far I don't think the gold ones have appealed overly much, but more of the alternative flavours would be great at some point. :)

Will see what I think when we know the prices, and how other expenses go...

eadwine
February 28th, 2015, 01:07 AM
It's nice, but not a must have. I like my tree of life better :)

Wosie
February 28th, 2015, 02:59 AM
Some of my XL flexis are getting too small for a disc bun... Am I doing something wrong here? :hmm: I insert the flexi pin where my left index finger is holding the bun and through where my thumb is. I have to fight quite a bit when closing the 8 over the pin now and the disc bun is my main go-to. :S

Oh, and the new flexi of the month looks pretty but it's not really my style. Looking forward to future action shots, though!

SnottyDotty
February 28th, 2015, 04:05 AM
Ooo the March Flexi is lovely. Unfortunately my bank account can't allow for any purchases right now.

I think I'm going to patiently wait for the April Flexi as it's my birth month :)

lapushka
February 28th, 2015, 05:08 AM
Why does that flexi remind me of the military. :lol:

eadwine
February 28th, 2015, 05:52 AM
Civil war re-enactment maybe.. or does it look like a prize?

Viola88
February 28th, 2015, 06:31 AM
I just wore my first flexi while exercising. I love it! It feels lighter and more sturdy while running than my medium ficcare.

Here's my weird question :D Are there any athletic themed flexis that have been produced?

ETA: Thanks eadwine, Selkie, Kaydana and squirrel for the compliments and info.

eadwine
February 28th, 2015, 07:48 AM
I know there is a ballerina shoe.. it's not athletic to the letter, but it's intense nonetheless :lol:

ARG
February 28th, 2015, 01:46 PM
Two_Wheels, that looks amazing in your hair! I'm more of a silver person, so it didn't appeal to me, but in your hair, I like it so much better.

Lapushka when you said that I realized it looks just like the Victoria Cross (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_Cross).

My order finally arrived. Vintage Hearts is very elegant looking. Some slight pitting in the heart (no stripes in the XL), but I like the surface. My Steam Punk is very nice, though the left 8 loop is a little wonky because of different sized beads on each side. There was also a slice - sorta - in the pin that catches hair. I think some clear nail polish on it will sort it out. Pictures to follow.

lapushka
February 28th, 2015, 05:19 PM
Lapushka when you said that I realized it looks just like the Victoria Cross (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_Cross).

Yes I was thinking of some kind of award medal, but for the life of me... don't ask me which one. Glad you found out for me. :D It does look like it, doesn't it?

eadwine
March 1st, 2015, 01:15 AM
Medium is $17.

thank you Lillarose for the normal price! :D

I see previous FOTMs in the overview as well by the way. Going to snatch that winter wonder in 3-2-1.... ;) (it is the one flexi I have been coveting for months and had the moonees set aside for)

squirrrel
March 1st, 2015, 01:51 AM
Oooh! Yay for the return of previous flexi's... Definitely agree on the beauty of Winter Wonder. :) Will no doubt see what I think about flexi-buying when funds are back in again... It is nice to have a good price on the flexi-of-the-month though. :)

Wosie
March 1st, 2015, 03:20 AM
The, the... Emerald Dream flexi is back. ...Just wanted to pop in and say that. http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2011/09/mind_blown.gif :disbelief:heartbeat

I thought I wouldn't buy any flexis this month!!

eadwine
March 1st, 2015, 03:24 AM
I guess you are not getting that emerald dream then huh ;) :lol:

It's lovely for sure!

Wosie
March 1st, 2015, 06:41 AM
eadwine, Hehe, I sure am; there was no way I could resist! :p I also got a Kaleidoscope which has been on my to-get-soon list for some time. :D

eadwine
March 1st, 2015, 06:53 AM
Yay!! Hopefully our flexis will arrive quickly :D

Valkyriejae
March 1st, 2015, 07:03 AM
I'm glad the Emerald Dream is back, cause I'm gonna do some experiments! I find the difference between between the emerald beads and the more spring-green center a bit clashy, so I want to try popping out the center and replacing it with another cabuchon (I have some malachite kickin' around that should work.) I had one in XL, but since I didn't think I'd ever get another I was too afraid to muck with it.

eadwine
March 1st, 2015, 09:01 AM
I caved to the emerald dream.... :doh:

I am so eating rice all month.... :shrug:

But it is sooo pretty.. :crush:

two_wheels
March 1st, 2015, 09:04 AM
It will be beautiful on you eadwine.
And rice is yummy!
I am regretting my timeout. But not as much as I would be if they had released a GOLD one :D

AlyBlu
March 1st, 2015, 09:06 AM
For those who have asked, Colors on Parade is in now also!

AlyBlu
March 1st, 2015, 09:11 AM
I need the elegant emerald!!!

eadwine
March 1st, 2015, 09:15 AM
I actually checked if I didn't have way too many greens already.. I don't.

*head bonking on table*

Silver lining: at least it's not a ficcare... :lol:

Oh.. and it's Wosie's fault. I wouldn't even have looked for it if she hadn't said anything!

AlyBlu
March 1st, 2015, 09:23 AM
Eadwine, with that lovely hair of yours, you can never have to many greens! I look forward to the action shot!

AlyBlu
March 1st, 2015, 09:26 AM
I am not sure if anyone else fell in love with it, but the dusky plum is back. This is one of my bigtime favorites. It is just gorgeous and very understated.

Wosie
March 1st, 2015, 09:26 AM
Oh.. and it's Wosie's fault. I wouldn't even have looked for it if she hadn't said anything!

:whistle: :laugh: In my mind I was doing a good deed! ;) I just had to spread the word...!

I honestly couldn't believe what I saw, I had to refresh the page when I saw it among the other XL flexis. :o

eadwine
March 1st, 2015, 09:29 AM
I bet it will look wonderful on you too :) Thanks everyone..

oh man.. lol

Shorty89
March 1st, 2015, 09:30 AM
Oh man, want want want want. *checks paypal* I think I can do it :D

kaydana
March 1st, 2015, 09:31 AM
I actually checked if I didn't have way too many greens already.. I don't.

*head bonking on table*

Silver lining: at least it's not a ficcare... :lol:

This phrase doesn't make sense to me... too many greens? How can that possibly be a thing? ;)

eadwine
March 1st, 2015, 09:44 AM
LOL well.. I have wayyy too many blues for sure! ;) The majority are :)

squirrrel
March 1st, 2015, 09:46 AM
I keep on reminding myself... No more flexi's until a week on Thurs (payday). And even at that, only once I've done the sensible things such as replacing my shoes...

KittyBird
March 1st, 2015, 10:01 AM
I already have an Emerald Dream in L, but I kinda want one in S or XS for half-ups.. I shouldn't though, because Ficcare will be releasing the Lotus collection sometime this year, and I want every.single.clip! I'll have to think about it.. :o

MoonlitWitch
March 1st, 2015, 11:27 AM
Oh my goodness look at all the pretties!

Theobroma
March 2nd, 2015, 02:59 AM
I am not sure if anyone else fell in love with it, but the dusky plum is back. This is one of my bigtime favorites. It is just gorgeous and very understated.

Me! I have that one in every size I wear and even one I don't strictly need (got a pair of minis to use as accents on the side although I don't actually need them to hold layers or growing-out bangs or anything like that). I think the only sizes I don't have are XS and Mega. For my money that's the best Flexi I've ever seen -- as you say, gorgeous and understated. But absolutely stunning!

AlyBlu
March 2nd, 2015, 09:46 AM
Me! I have that one in every size I wear and even one I don't strictly need (got a pair of minis to use as accents on the side although I don't actually need them to hold layers or growing-out bangs or anything like that). I think the only sizes I don't have are XS and Mega. For my money that's the best Flexi I've ever seen -- as you say, gorgeous and understated. But absolutely stunning!
Yay! Glad it is not just me! I just adore it!

DreamSheep
March 2nd, 2015, 10:08 AM
A Fantastic is back!! And Colours on Parade! And Winter Wonder!
Ahh, well, now I know what I'll want to do when I have money...

ARG
March 2nd, 2015, 11:13 AM
DreamSheep here's Steam Punk:
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l189/AunnaGill/0be08113-20a6-4d67-8ede-31323e090464_zpspqos6ins.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l189/AunnaGill/afadc5d4-94cf-4171-aeeb-4f1f9d9f259a_zpsyfnfdntk.jpg

And Vintage Hearts:
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l189/AunnaGill/f9119c2e-7c3f-469e-9e63-d11803b32aaf_zpsfrteopeu.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l189/AunnaGill/0988f529-1030-4875-a9ef-fdea1c653ac4_zpszclylysm.jpg

Shorty89
March 2nd, 2015, 02:04 PM
Anyone else having trouble using the paypal option on lilla rose? I'm trying to order the Flexi of the Month and it says that payment is not defined.

eadwine
March 2nd, 2015, 11:47 PM
Nope, I ordered two earlier and nothing went wrong. Might want to contact LR about it, maybe something changed in the payment system that made it hickup on you.

DreamSheep
March 3rd, 2015, 01:30 AM
Ohhh, love that ARG!! Thanks so much for sharing. :)
Guess Steampunk shall be added to my neverending list of wants now... :p

Wosie
March 3rd, 2015, 05:20 AM
ARG, Both look great on you but I especially like how the pinkish beads on your Steampunk (wrote Steampink first ;)) flexi fits perfectly with your skin tone! :D

ARG
March 3rd, 2015, 11:53 AM
Thanks, Wosie!
Steampunk is my new favorite. It's replaced Emerald Circle and Copper Rose. Even DH asked that I wear it always, lol. I've worn it every days since I got it, leaving Vintage Hearts sadly neglected. I plan on wearing it to church, though. I'm definitely tempted to get the Mixed Metals stick now.

I don't know where I was when Dusky Plum came out but I have to have it, too.

Cattiva
March 4th, 2015, 05:54 PM
Oh wow...I definitely need to get my hands on one of these beauties!

Perhaps a silly question, but when using these flexi's, do you all have anything else keeping it in place, whether it's a hair tie hidden underneath or pins? I ask because my hair is baby fine and slippery.

Avis
March 4th, 2015, 07:28 PM
Cattiva, personally, I don't use any bobby pins or ties with my flexis, they just stay. But I've never had an issue with slip. In their sizing and styling video, they claim that flexis stay in all types of hairs including fine and slippery, but they weren't doing buns like a lot of us do here so it may be different. I think some LHCers with slippery hair use spin pins or other things to keep them in place, but I can't be sure. Hopefully someone else can shed some light on the situation.

I have to keep reminding myself that I'm in time out and that I have more important things I need to pay for. :monkey: <- he understands my frustration. :lol:

rags
March 4th, 2015, 09:41 PM
I have super baby fine, very slippery hair (my sig pic is an aberration, LOL. It's frizzed up from humidity). They stay fine for me just by themselves in buns. Personally I can't wear the heavier (dangle) ones for half=ups, as they will slide slowly right down my head, but for buns they do well.

Selkie-
March 5th, 2015, 06:06 AM
I got some new pretties today!! :D

Festive poinsettia, Marrakesh romance, Open Flower Silver, Fairy Pink and Celtic Cross Jade :o

Here is a picture of one of my new favourites - Celtic cross jade XL. You can't see how lovely it is in this picture - unfortunately it doesn't do it any justice -- I really love the centrepiece and the subtle soft green beads. :crush:

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj211/Rachellejoychadwick/48f26316-106c-4640-a177-4a3a9ade7d52_zpstkjdaumk.jpg (http://s273.photobucket.com/user/Rachellejoychadwick/media/48f26316-106c-4640-a177-4a3a9ade7d52_zpstkjdaumk.jpg.html)

Wosie
March 5th, 2015, 06:15 AM
Selkie, I love your elegant, big buns!! Looking great as always. :)
Were all the flexis you bought in XL? I was actually looking at the Fairy Pink flexi yesterday and started thinking "why did I never buy this one?! It's so Wosie-esque".

I hope my flexis'll arrive soon, too. Speaking of which, I don't even think they've been shipped yet... (*checks* They were shipped today!)

Selkie-
March 5th, 2015, 06:59 AM
Thanks Wosie! :blossom:

They were all in XL except the Festive Poinsettia - which is really gorgeous - much lovelier than I expected actually. I am sort of in a weird stage with my flexi's now as the XL just fits and sometimes looks/feels too tight (it depends on the bun). I can wear a Mega but I still feel it is a tad too big... I really wish there was a size in-between XL and Mega!

The Fairy Pink is really cute - I haven't tried it on yet - I will post a picture when I do. It's a nice one for a girly-girl sort of day! ;)

Looking forward to pictures of your new flexi beauties when they arrive! :)

Selkie-
March 5th, 2015, 07:12 AM
Haha Wosie -- you mentioning the Fairy Pink made me curious about how it would look so I went and tried it on - here is a picture - it's really cute I think. :o

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj211/Rachellejoychadwick/60e88fcb-7cab-43ca-b5f4-2349d127df82_zps3u3cuurv.jpg (http://s273.photobucket.com/user/Rachellejoychadwick/media/60e88fcb-7cab-43ca-b5f4-2349d127df82_zps3u3cuurv.jpg.html)

Cattiva
March 5th, 2015, 07:47 AM
Thank you, Avis and rags for your replies! This news has made me super excited to pick one out! Can't wait.

Selkie- That Fairy Flexi is very pretty!

Selkie-
March 5th, 2015, 08:42 AM
Thank you Cattiva! :blossom:

eadwine
March 5th, 2015, 09:10 AM
Both my two new ones have been shipped. I hope they will travel a bit faster than last time, the new system made things slow down quite some here. *crosses fingers*

DreamSheep
March 5th, 2015, 10:36 AM
Gorgeous Selkie!!!!

Also, does anyone find their flexis (particularly Megas, which are the ones I wear, and I think they are shaped slightly differently to the smaller models) spring open when in a bun?
I've been finding that some of my flexis just spring open, as if the end comes out over the end of it, or it isn't fitting right.
Don't know if this means I have too much hair (hope not!), not enough hair, or if I should reshape my flexi in some way - or if I'm missing something.

Basically, as I place it on the latch, it eventually slips out if I shake my head a lot or whilst walking sometimes

eadwine
March 5th, 2015, 10:40 AM
That means you have too little hair, not too much. When they are tensioned like they should be they will not spring open.

I wear both medium and large. My medium will never shift, not even if I run. My large sometimes has the pin slide out of the notch because it is less snug of a fit.

DreamSheep
March 5th, 2015, 10:45 AM
That means you have too little hair, not too much. When they are tensioned like they should be they will not spring open.

I wear both medium and large. My medium will never shift, not even if I run. My large sometimes has the pin slide out of the notch because it is less snug of a fit.

Ok, that's what I thought, because this Mega somehow seems a bit larger, or perhaps the 8 seems a lot more elongated than the Flitter one - basically when lying flat the end doesn't reach the stick at all.

eadwine
March 5th, 2015, 10:56 AM
The lying flat isn't of influence IIRC. I believe someone posted a picture of all of the sizes some time ago. Don't know anymore who it was.

You could try putting something over the pin or something to fill it up a little.. I read posts about tricks to make too large ones fit as well.

I have a very bad memory for knowing it WAS posted, but not exactly what or when or by whom *grumbles* :lol:

Wosie
March 5th, 2015, 10:59 AM
Thanks Wosie! :blossom:

They were all in XL except the Festive Poinsettia - which is really gorgeous - much lovelier than I expected actually. I am sort of in a weird stage with my flexi's now as the XL just fits and sometimes looks/feels too tight (it depends on the bun). I can wear a Mega but I still feel it is a tad too big... I really wish there was a size in-between XL and Mega!

The Fairy Pink is really cute - I haven't tried it on yet - I will post a picture when I do. It's a nice one for a girly-girl sort of day! ;)

Looking forward to pictures of your new flexi beauties when they arrive! :)

That Fairy Pink flexi looks very cute on you, indeedamundo! :D (...Now I really want one. But I have to wait until next month, boo!)
By the way, your latest pictures inspired me to try making lower buns, I always make them kinda high... *will probably only make low buns for a while now* :whistle:

Oh, it's the same for me (about the XL starting to be too small for my favourite and most stable bun--the disc bun)... :? There is no way my hair could take on a mega flexi, though, I think it'd fall straight out!

AlyBlu
March 5th, 2015, 09:40 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d20/AlyBlu/IMG_0949.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/AlyBlu/media/IMG_0949.jpg.html)
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d20/AlyBlu/IMG_0950.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/AlyBlu/media/IMG_0950.jpg.html)

On the megas, the post will never meet up with the end of the loop. It is designed that large amounts of hair will create the correct tension on the bar

eadwine
March 6th, 2015, 12:34 AM
Thank you so much AlyBlu!! :D

Theobroma
March 6th, 2015, 04:40 AM
Ok, that's what I thought, because this Mega somehow seems a bit larger, or perhaps the 8 seems a lot more elongated than the Flitter one - basically when lying flat the end doesn't reach the stick at all.

If the 8 seems too elongated you could try bending it into a rounder shape; that'll shorten it and give it a better chance of staying latched over the pin when worn. The piano wire holding the beads is tough, but with careful yet firm pressure you can change the shape of the loops a little.

You can also bend it in the third dimension, of course, which will also shorten the 8 a little in relation to the length of the pin. The first thing I do to almost every new Flexi is bend it into a slight upward curve in the direction opposite to the curve of the pin. Most of them tend to arrive flat as a pancake and I think they just look much better in the hair if they have that curve.

eadwine
March 8th, 2015, 05:49 AM
My eternal standard bun, but it is looking so nice and big today. Never on a workday, of course not HRMPH!

This is a well-filled flexi, it BARELY closed :lol:

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/flexismall_1.jpg

two_wheels
March 8th, 2015, 06:12 AM
It's beautiful eadwine, so shiiiiiiiny it (almost) makes me want to henna again ;)

eadwine
March 8th, 2015, 06:36 AM
Hahaha I had been contemplating growing it out again, however I have SO much henna in stock still that would be a waste, so.. haha using that up first ;)

jacqueline101
March 8th, 2015, 08:31 AM
My mom gave me her flexi collection. She didn't like flexi I have all of them.

eadwine
March 8th, 2015, 08:45 AM
Wow.. super!

KittyBird
March 8th, 2015, 09:13 AM
eadwine, that braided bun looks fabulous! I love the flexi too, gotta remember to buy one soon. It has been on my wishlist since it was the FotM in August 2013 :lol:

Awesome, Jaqueline101! How many clips were there? Do you have pictures? :)

eadwine
March 8th, 2015, 09:52 AM
Thanks Kittybird :)

jacqueline101
March 8th, 2015, 12:01 PM
eadwine, that braided bun looks fabulous! I love the flexi too, gotta remember to buy one soon. It has been on my wishlist since it was the FotM in August 2013 :lol:

Awesome, Jaqueline101! How many clips were there? Do you have pictures? :)

I don't know yet they're on there way in the mail. She mailed them Friday. I hope to get them Monday. I'll put pictures in my album.

Mimha
March 9th, 2015, 12:16 PM
How lucky, Jacqueline !! :D

In my country, Flexis are totally unknown. In despair, I went on Lilla Rose web site and ... I bought 8 (yes : e.i.g.h.t) !! :oops:
I took several sizes so as to be ready for all occasions. Shipping costs are high so I placed a bulk order^^

I'm about to turn 50, so I thought it was time to enjoy my hair before it thins out. (And then I bought 3 Ficcare, ha ha ha !) :D
I am crazy, ruined, but so happy ! :) :) :)

Larki
March 9th, 2015, 12:17 PM
Has anyone else tried their headbands? I ordered one along with my third Flexi (XL pawprint) last Friday, and they came today - the headband is super gorgeous, and crazy comfortable! Adjustable size, too!

rags
March 9th, 2015, 12:30 PM
Has anyone else tried their headbands? I ordered one along with my third Flexi (XL pawprint) last Friday, and they came today - the headband is super gorgeous, and crazy comfortable! Adjustable size, too!

Oh no, adjustable size? Most headbands are too big for my teeny head. I'm going to pretend I didn't just read this. :lala: :lala:

Larki
March 9th, 2015, 12:41 PM
Oh no, adjustable size? Most headbands are too big for my teeny head. I'm going to pretend I didn't just read this. :lala: :lala:

Haha - it's fantastic! It came super tiny (could probably fit a child's head), but I adjusted it easily and it's so, so comfortable!!! I got the Hues of Blue one.

eadwine
March 9th, 2015, 02:22 PM
Can you show us some pics also of the adjusting thingamajig? :)

Larki
March 9th, 2015, 03:06 PM
Sure:

http://i61.tinypic.com/33e569u.jpg

eadwine
March 9th, 2015, 03:11 PM
Ahhh thanks! Ok.. yep that would work adjusting wise, but it would slide right off my head *giggle* Very pretty though!

AlyBlu
March 9th, 2015, 05:03 PM

In my country, Flexis are totally unknown. In despair, I went on Lilla Rose web site and ... I bought 8 (yes : e.i.g.h.t) !! :oops:
I took several sizes so as to be ready for all occasions. Shipping costs are high so I placed a bulk order^^

I'm about to turn 50, so I thought it was time to enjoy my hair before it thins out. (And then I bought 3 Ficcare, ha ha ha !) :D
Welcome to the addiction!

lapushka
March 9th, 2015, 05:06 PM
Oooh very pretty, Eadwine!

Larki
March 9th, 2015, 06:21 PM
Ahhh thanks! Ok.. yep that would work adjusting wise, but it would slide right off my head *giggle* Very pretty though!

It's funny, I usually have a problem with headbands sliding off, but this one is rock solid. I have bangs, so the headband sits a little farther back than it would if I didn't have bangs, and that causes headbands to slide. This one didn't budge all day.

Wosie
March 9th, 2015, 06:27 PM
Larki, I was looking at the headbands some weeks ago... And what worried me was - doesn't hair get stuck between the beads? :hmm:

Larki
March 9th, 2015, 06:45 PM
Larki, I was looking at the headbands some weeks ago... And what worried me was - doesn't hair get stuck between the beads? :hmm:

Not so far! I mean, I've only had it for a day, but there is ZERO space between the beads. They're strung on wire, packed in there very tightly. So far, no issues with hair getting stuck. I'll update if I have any issues with it.

jacqueline101
March 9th, 2015, 09:17 PM

I'm glad you've joined the flexi thread. Toys are fun and I bought a ficcare. I'm loving it. I even tried to make a flexi out of bead wire it's not too great the beadwire doesn't hold too well. I also need crimp beads and memory wire. I'm going to redo my made flexi. I'm going to buy a butterfly comb like the one in the movie titanic. I'm going to try forks next, slides, and other toys.

jacqueline101
March 9th, 2015, 09:19 PM
I just got home I got 7 flexi toys. I'm happy. I'll put pictures in my album. I'm going to buy mini ones later on.

KittyBird
March 10th, 2015, 03:06 AM
I just bought two XS flexi-8s - Brilliant Bluem and Emerald Dream! Can't wait until they get here! I only have 1 xs and 1 small (actually I have 2, but one is missing) to use for half-ups, so I obviously need more. I can use my Ls for half-up buns, but that's not my preferred method for half-ups. :p

eadwine
March 10th, 2015, 09:05 AM
The winter wonder has arrived, it sailed through customs.. oof!

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/wintersmall.jpg

squirrrel
March 10th, 2015, 11:40 AM
That looks gorgeous in your hair Eadwine. :)

eadwine
March 10th, 2015, 11:44 AM
Thanks Squirrrel!

Mimha
March 10th, 2015, 12:54 PM
Yes : the contrast is beautiful !

Mimha
March 10th, 2015, 01:00 PM
I just bought two XS flexi-8s - Brilliant Bluem and Emerald Dream! Can't wait until they get here! (...)

Wow, looking forward to seeing this !! The blue and the green are going to be stunning on your stupendous copper brown hair !

KittyBird
March 10th, 2015, 01:10 PM
Wow, looking forward to seeing this !! The blue and the green are going to be stunning on your stupendous copper brown hair !

Thanks! I already have both of them in larger sizes, but one can never have too many flexi-8s! ;)

eadwine
March 10th, 2015, 01:12 PM
but one can never have too many flexi-8s! ;)

Now that I want to second! :D

Mimha
March 10th, 2015, 01:26 PM
I'm glad you've joined the flexi thread. Toys are fun and I bought a ficcare. I'm loving it. I even tried to make a flexi out of bead wire it's not too great the beadwire doesn't hold too well. I also need crimp beads and memory wire. I'm going to redo my made flexi. I'm going to buy a butterfly comb like the one in the movie titanic. I'm going to try forks next, slides, and other toys.

I also would like to make my own, but the materials (and tools) are almost as much expensive as the finished stuff. So I prefer to wait a little until I get the flexis and have a better idea about size and else. I love natural stones, hard seeds and sea shells. I already have some ideas^^

By the way, where can we find the Titanic butterfly ??? (I have ordered the Flitter flexi because the enamel work reminded me that very comb !!^^)

The 7 flexis you've got are the ones sent by your mother ? Looking forward to seeing the pics !! :) :)

Mimha
March 10th, 2015, 01:31 PM
Thanks! I already have both of them in larger sizes, but one can never have too many flexi-8s! ;)

Now that I want to second! :D

Ha ha ha ha you guys are crazy !! :D :D

I think I have come to a very dangerous place !^^

KittyBird
March 10th, 2015, 01:43 PM
Ha ha ha ha you guys are crazy !! :D :D

I think I have come to a very dangerous place !^^
Yep, you have! Flexi-8s can be highly addictive. I don't know how many I have in my collection, I just know that I need more. ;)

I forgot to write it in my previous post, but the Winter Wonder looks beautiful on you, eadwine! So happy that style returned, because I want one in XS or S.

eadwine
March 10th, 2015, 01:51 PM
Thanks Kittybird, been waiting a while for that one! Soooo happy. Now the green one still.. if all goes to plan it should get here tomorrow :) I am just glad this one sailed through customs as it was over the value.

lapushka
March 10th, 2015, 04:43 PM
Not my favorite flexi, but it looks good on you Eadwine!

eadwine
March 10th, 2015, 11:33 PM
Thanks Lapushka! :)

Theobroma
March 11th, 2015, 08:40 AM
Thanks Kittybird, been waiting a while for that one! Soooo happy. Now the green one still.. if all goes to plan it should get here tomorrow :) I am just glad this one sailed through customs as it was over the value.

Lucky you! Our customs people catch everything. I've never had a parcel get through that was over the limit.

eadwine
March 11th, 2015, 09:47 AM
They do here too.. 9 times out of 10. Glad this one sailed through :)

And as expected the green flexi arrived today. By far not as stunning as the winter wonder, but very pretty regardless!

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/flexigreensmall.jpg

Wosie
March 11th, 2015, 10:45 AM
Like I've said before, for me it's been the other way around. o_O I've bought many packages over the customs limit and I only had to pay extra for one of them. It puzzles me.

I also got my flexis today!! I will make action shots in the coming days. :D Both're beautiful (Kaleidoscope and Emerald Dream). <3 The Kaleidoscope looked different from what I had imagined... I had never noticed that there was a aurora borealis (I think it's called?) bead in the middle of the flower... Gorgeous beads, too. :thud: More beautiful than I thought. :')

lapushka
March 11th, 2015, 10:55 AM
I like this one much better, Eadwine, love the contrast from the green and then with the red in your hair! Nice! :D

eadwine
March 11th, 2015, 11:05 AM
Thanks Lapushka, and Wosie, you lucky!!

Selkie-
March 11th, 2015, 01:54 PM
They do here too.. 9 times out of 10. Glad this one sailed through :)

And as expected the green flexi arrived today. By far not as stunning as the winter wonder, but very pretty regardless!

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/flexigreensmall.jpg

Just beautiful!!! :thud:

AlyBlu
March 11th, 2015, 02:22 PM
Oh - I would say that Emerald Dream is pretty fantastic on you!

eadwine
March 11th, 2015, 02:23 PM
Aww thanks AlyBlu! :o

Agnes Hannah
March 12th, 2015, 03:46 PM
I've just trawled through the first twenty pages of this thread and am intrigued by these flexi 8's. My hair is fine and waist length, normally I use a ficcare in a small or medium. Could you flexi experts advise me on the best size for me, thank you!:cool:

kaydana
March 12th, 2015, 03:52 PM
I've just trawled through the first twenty pages of this thread and am intrigued by these flexi 8's. My hair is fine and waist length, normally I use a ficcare in a small or medium. Could you flexi experts advise me on the best size for me, thank you!:cool:

What do you want to do with it? Ponytails? Half-ups? Buns? If buns, what kind of bun?

Agnes Hannah
March 12th, 2015, 04:01 PM
buns, nautilus, lazy wrap and cinnamon mainly. I also like french pleats. Do the flexis catch your hair?

lazuliblue
March 12th, 2015, 04:15 PM
buns, nautilus, lazy wrap and cinnamon mainly. I also like french pleats. Do the flexis catch your hair?

Do you have a hair stick? If you put one through your bun and measure how much of the stick is needed to go through the bun and poke out just a little bit at each end, you might get an idea of what sized flexi you need (have a look at the measurements of the pin lengths for each flexi size.) Cinnabuns tend to need longer pin lengths than centre held buns such as the lazy wrap.

My hair is in the middle of the ii range, mid-back length and I can still use my small flexi for lazy wrap buns. The rest of my flexis are medium and I can use them in lazy-wrap buns and cinnabuns, if that helps at all!

The flexis sometimes catch my hair (they are not as smooth as my wooden and acrylic hair sticks) but they don't rip my hair out, and it certainly doesn't put me off using them.

lapushka
March 12th, 2015, 04:22 PM
To give you an idea. I'm a iii, and at waist/hip, I used a L for a LWB. I'm not sure what size I am now since I haven't worn one since that time. :o

eadwine
March 13th, 2015, 02:59 AM
I would say M as the largest, considering I have fine hair too, but mine is thicker than i, and my hair is ... how long.. I have no idea, haven't checked lately.. :lol: Past waist in any case :)

Larki
March 13th, 2015, 12:25 PM
I have fine, slippery hair (slightly over 4" circumference) and I use an XL for buns, small for half-ups. Most of my hair sticks are 5 1/2 inches.

rags
March 13th, 2015, 12:57 PM
AgnesHannah, Hi! :waving: I do believe we're quite close in hair type. I use a small or medium for center-held buns (smalls for LWB, medium for nautilus), and a medium or large for cinnabun (usually a large). However, due to the slipperiness, I don't tend to use flexes much for cinnabuns. They always slide sideways on me. If your hair isn't as slippery, that shouldn't be an issue.

They are great lightweight little toys. While they'll never replace my Ficcares, I love the Flexis for their simple design and for how weightless they feel (especially when i have a headache!).

I have had hair catch occasionally, but not often. I avoid ones with long dangles, but short dangles like the dreamcatcher are ok for me.