PDA

View Full Version : The Flexi-8 / Lilla Rose Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70

Pixna
March 12th, 2009, 02:06 PM
And ahem... bad, bad Pixna!! Your profile comment about the free shipping got me to place an order, and my flexi-8 collection has gone from cute to crazy :eyebrows: :crazyq:

Uh-oh!!! :oops: Am I in trouble now??? :couch:

Feye
March 12th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Uh-oh!!! :oops: Am I in trouble now??? :couch:

Not unless you consider listening to talk about hair toys trouble? :D
Hopefully no new styles and discounts are added for a looong while :rolleyes:

KarenLynn
March 12th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Do you mean that the L barely holds the bun because it's too loose or only because it's a bit small for covering the whole bun? I'm not quick in understanding today, sorry!
What I meant is it's only just big enough - it's a tight squeeze but can be done.

AngelInDisguise
March 12th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Thanks for clarifying! :o

SolSara
March 12th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Oh, I sooo want some new flexi's now! :) I want a XL, because the L don't cover a bun, and a M without dangles. I might order, but I'm short in money, so we'll see if I can make up my mind before sunday...

Here is some pics of three of the flexis I have now. I also have a S for ponys (open flower accented with jet beadwork) but I haven't taken any pic with it yet.

XS: Hawaiian flower with lite sapphire beadwork
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3134/3216857169_85fe2d89a4_m.jpg (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3134/3216857169_85fe2d89a4_b.jpg)

M: Princess tiara dangle with mini heart beads
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3549/3348718361_8d1e57a04b_m.jpg (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3549/3348718361_436cac75e2_o.jpg)

L: Sparkling snowflake with gold-tone accents
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3510/3236296250_a0d6d6e2c5_m.jpg (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3510/3236296250_21927752fe_o.jpg)

SolSara
March 12th, 2009, 03:37 PM
So much for thinking things over. :blushing:

I just ordered a M: Smooth & sleek heart with matching beadwork and a custom made XL with tiger lily and blue metallic beads.

I should be very ashamed. But I can't be. I'm so happy! Two more flexis on their way! :bounce: :joy: :cloud9:

kwaniesiam
March 12th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Free shipping? I'm there! I just put in a request for a custom one with green beads instead of pink :)

Edit: Talk about quick response! Turns out they can't do any custom requests during the promotion, so I'm going to probably pass. Didn't see any others that caught my eye :(

Jessaka
March 12th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Got my new flexis in today!!! The top one and bottom two are new ^__^

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2687&pictureid=33996

rapunzhell13
March 12th, 2009, 11:51 PM
I don't know whether to get an XS or S for half-ups. I want them fairly tight, but still able to get a fair amount of hair in. Any suggestions?? I want to place my order in time for free shipping!

steph in tx
March 12th, 2009, 11:55 PM
What is the circumference of your ponytail? That would help to figure it out.

rapunzhell13
March 12th, 2009, 11:59 PM
What is the circumference of your ponytail? That would help to figure it out.

My hair stats are to the left.

Monchhichi
March 13th, 2009, 05:02 AM
I would recommend you to use an XS for a half-up. Size S will be to loose. We should have about the same ponytail circumference. I use S for a ponytail.

rapunzhell13
March 13th, 2009, 05:14 AM
I would recommend you to use an XS for a half-up. Size S will be to loose. We should have about the same ponytail circumference. I use S for a ponytail.

Thank you. :)

spf4214
March 13th, 2009, 05:38 AM
Oh dear, they're so pretty. I think I may need one... um some!

kdaniels8811
March 13th, 2009, 07:17 AM
Not only are they pretty, they really hold like a rock! I ordered a new one a few days ago - several hours before recieving the free shipping offer. Sigh... Would of saved a few bucks. You will like them, they are awesome!

spf4214
March 13th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Thanks kdaniels8811, thats good news. :) I really need something that holds very strongly, I can only get half my hair into an ordinary claw clip, and even then it still slides about. What a shame about you missing the free shipping offer. I am looking at ordering 4 gold ones at this stage, which is my colour of preference in 1 medium, 2 large and 1 extra large.

HotRag
March 13th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Anyone knows if XL is enough to a all-up-in-bun iii-hair?
Or should it be a special order for a XXL, or is even that not enough?

I have no clue how they are IRL, so I can't tell at all what size to buy.

akka naeda
March 13th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Anyone knows if XL is enough to a all-up-in-bun iii-hair?
Or should it be a special order for a XXL, or is even that not enough?

I have no clue how they are IRL, so I can't tell at all what size to buy.

My XL will hold a log roll, sometimes a Fig 8, always a plaited Fig 8, and always a plaited inside out/nautilus bun.

I'm going to be ordering a XXL to see whether that will hold a plaited cinnabun or an ordinary Fig 8 for me. I tried doing the suggestion a few pages early (sorry, can't remember who posted it), where you hold the initial twist of a cinnabun with the flexi8 and then wrap the rest of the hair behind it, but I have so much hair that although the XL held the initial twist the wrapping made it unstable.

HotRag
March 13th, 2009, 09:36 AM
My XL will hold a log roll, sometimes a Fig 8, always a plaited Fig 8, and always a plaited inside out/nautilus bun.

I'm going to be ordering a XXL to see whether that will hold a plaited cinnabun or an ordinary Fig 8 for me. I tried doing the suggestion a few pages early (sorry, can't remember who posted it), where you hold the initial twist of a cinnabun with the flexi8 and then wrap the rest of the hair behind it, but I have so much hair that although the XL held the initial twist the wrapping made it unstable.
Thank you for your answer. Sounds like I should get one XL and one XXL. Maybe I don't quite yet need an XXL (I have just 32" at the moment), but it is better to not get two shipping costs...

Roseate
March 13th, 2009, 02:54 PM
I am such a convert!

Most of the styles are too fancy for me; I am very boring and don't like to wear sparklies in my hair most days. But I have a plain silver one that I love to death! So comfortable for a french twist; my hair is heavy and most other methods of holding a twist get achy after a few hours. In action:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3654/3322680879_f93b51e924_m.jpg

I've just ordered three more; I'm getting them to customize some more sparkle-free ones for me.

Pixna
March 13th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Roseate, that flexi looks GORGEOUS on you!!!!!!

Roseate
March 13th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Thanks, Pixna! I'm actually wearing it just like that again today. Love this toy.

Jessaka
March 13th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Lovely 'do, Roseate :) I wish I could even do a french...I still can't get it :(

HotRag
March 14th, 2009, 04:32 AM
I am such a convert!

Most of the styles are too fancy for me; I am very boring and don't like to wear sparklies in my hair most days. But I have a plain silver one that I love to death! So comfortable for a french twist; my hair is heavy and most other methods of holding a twist get achy after a few hours. In action:

I've just ordered three more; I'm getting them to customize some more sparkle-free ones for me.
That's nice. I want plain ones, or with just jets in similar shapes and sizes.
I have mailed them about XXL and custom made, but did not recieve any answer. I read that it was shipping free until tomorrow, but I will not be able to order before that due if I don't get answer from them very very soon today.

HotRag
March 14th, 2009, 04:35 AM
Lovely 'do, Roseate :) I wish I could even do a french...I still can't get it :(
I have never been able to do them. Not with shoulder length, not with thigh length, and not with any length or hem shape between that.:o

spf4214
March 14th, 2009, 04:50 AM
Beautiful look Roseate, it's very stylish. :) I can't wait to get mine and play around

paper
March 14th, 2009, 05:07 AM
I agree, thats very pretty Roseate! I wish I could do that too.

HotRag, When I put in a custom order, I just use the box that says special instructions. So, I just put in my order and in the box I say , I'd like this in a size X or can I have color X beads or can I have this left handed etc.

Bonny
March 14th, 2009, 05:24 AM
I am such a convert!

Roseate, that looks lovely! Can I ask, what size of Flexi-8 are you wearing in the pic?

HotRag
March 14th, 2009, 07:36 AM
I agree, thats very pretty Roseate! I wish I could do that too.

HotRag, When I put in a custom order, I just use the box that says special instructions. So, I just put in my order and in the box I say , I'd like this in a size X or can I have color X beads or can I have this left handed etc.
Ok, thanks for that info. :blossom:

paper
March 14th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Your welcome!

carinkla
March 14th, 2009, 10:47 AM

I use my Xl on the smallespart of a normal figure 8. But its getting tight now. I also use Xl for an up down etc. braid. I have ordered XXL and heard about a week ago that it had been shipped to me so I expect it every day now.

BlueMeezer
March 14th, 2009, 10:59 AM
That's nice. I want plain ones, or with just jets in similar shapes and sizes.
I have mailed them about XXL and custom made, but did not recieve any answer. I read that it was shipping free until tomorrow, but I will not be able to order before that due if I don't get answer from them very very soon today.

I emailed John about that and the answer was that if you want to swap beads and centers around you could do that. So if you liked style 0358, but wanted it with the center from style 0917, you could do that by specifying it in the instructions. If you wanted to create something unlike any of the combinations he has on the website you can't do that during the free shipping promo as they are just too busy. He is, however, willing to work on original items after the promo is over.

Also, I found after my last order that the extra-small size was smaller than it had been in a previous order. My old ones fit fine but I couldn't get the new ones on. Turns out they had been tweaking the size, so if anyone else had this problem now you know why. I was told to specify that I wanted the "larger" extra-small size in the future. Of course, with their exceptional customer service, they sent me an envelope to return the ones that did not fit so they could re-size them. Can't beat that!

KarenLynn
March 14th, 2009, 12:03 PM
I tried to modify by adding comments in my last order, but all the flexis arrived as they were originally listed. :shrug:

BlueMeezer
March 14th, 2009, 03:10 PM
I tried to modify by adding comments in my last order, but all the flexis arrived as they were originally listed. :shrug:

That's odd. I've never had a problem getting the changes I've asked for. Did you contact John about it? I'm sure he would have taken care of it. He strives for excellent customer service.

Rain76
March 14th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Yay! I just placed my 1st order for these:) I bought a xsmall, small, & med. Hopefully, they will be just the right size for different styles. I just had to get them NOW, because of free shipping! I can't wait till they arrive!

misskita
March 14th, 2009, 04:26 PM
I also just ordered my first Flexi 8s and I can't wait until they get here.

Roseate
March 14th, 2009, 11:51 PM
Roseate, that looks lovely! Can I ask, what size of Flexi-8 are you wearing in the pic?

Thanks Bonny! That one is a large. I have a medium also, which I can just fit around a ponytail or peacock twist.

And thanks everyone for the compliments; I'm bright red over here!:o

carinkla
March 15th, 2009, 04:19 AM
this is my current collection. There is one missing that I cant find at the moment. And I am waiting for an XXL to arrive.
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/4236/fleximaart09.th.jpg (http://img25.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fleximaart09.jpg)

Phalaenopsis
March 15th, 2009, 04:31 AM
You really loooove Flexi's, don't you Carinkla :grin:
That's a big collection you got there!

carinkla
March 15th, 2009, 05:40 AM
You really loooove Flexi's, don't you Carinkla :grin:
That's a big collection you got there!

Yes I am a flexifan since oct 2006. and its the only hairtoy that keeps my hair up the whole day. Lately I even started sleeping with it (up an down up and down braid and my ends tucked away safely. The flexi bends so I do not notice it. My hair is a lot less mussed in the morning and my ends are softer.

Elbereth
March 15th, 2009, 05:58 AM
Carinkla, your collection is beautiful!

Consider me enabled. I have just ordered my first flexi-8s, two XL clips I hope to be able to use to hold my bun. I hope the size is right- if it's too big, I'll just have to grow my hair some more.

Pixna
March 15th, 2009, 07:20 AM
this is my current collection. There is one missing that I cant find at the moment. And I am waiting for an XXL to arrive.
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/4236/fleximaart09.th.jpg (http://img25.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fleximaart09.jpg)

That's a fantastic collection, Carinkla! Okay, now I don't feel so embarrassed about mine! :gabigrin:

paper
March 15th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Great collection Carinkla! Very pretty!

steph in tx
March 15th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Carinkla, your collection has left me in awe. Just beautiful! Something to aspire to.

I did cave and order 3 more during the promo, but one is for my daughter. I am anxiously awaiting their arrival.

rags
March 15th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Carinkla, your collection is jaw dropping! Like Pixna, I no longer feel as embarrassed about mine! (or the fact that I just had to order two more....:whistle:)

Fairlight63
March 15th, 2009, 01:10 PM
I also ordered 5 more during their promo. Should get them sometime next week.
I was debating ordering any more than they ran their sale, that drove me over the edge.
I really like them. I wanted to try some smaller sizes this time, so I ordered an ex. small, small, 3 med.
I like to see everyones collection, keep them coming:cheese:

coppercurls
March 15th, 2009, 02:08 PM
I just ordered two XL~These are my first in this size. I think they will work for figure 8 buns. I can't wait until they get here!;)

Katla
March 15th, 2009, 04:02 PM
I'm an absolute sucker for new stuff (I promised myself no more shinies until April, but I'm getting a tax refund, so... :D ) and just ordered two XLs to hold my bun. I've been debating myself, too, but with the promo... well. A person can only resist for so long :o

And carinkla, that is one gorgeous collection!

paper
March 15th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Yeah, I thought I was done for awhile too! :o Can't pass up a good deal!

Jessaka
March 16th, 2009, 01:17 AM
Carinkla - whoaaaaaaaaa. How long did it take you to build that collection up? Very pretty :)

I didn't buy any during the free shipping promotion :( I couldn't bring myself to do it, hahahahahahahah. I have all the ones I want for the moment. Hope they bring out new ones soon ^__^

Naava
March 16th, 2009, 09:52 AM
I would like to have Carinklas collection :) But I only have one...

Here's a picture of it. Usually when I make a twist, I leave the ends loose, but not I had to tuck them in for the flexi-8 to show properly. It's also a little messier than I would like it to be, so please keep your eyes on the beatiful hairtoy only :p

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2571&pictureid=34321

Fairlight63
March 16th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the picture! Your twist looks really good to me, wish that I could get mine to turn out that good.
I don't remember seeing that Flex-8 before, was that a special made one? I like that one, will have to look for it.
I don't need anymore, though. With the last bunch that I bough, I will have 10!

Pixna
March 16th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Naava, that looks soooo pretty in your hair!!! I wish I could do a twist like that (not that my hair is long enough for one yet). When my hair was long before, I could never get it to twist properly. Actually, I think yours looks very neat and tidy -- lovely job!!

bjt
March 16th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Naava,
your flexi & your hair twist looks amazing! Its so elegant looking--I love you hair! I've never been able to do a proper twist like that. Do you have any urge to do an instructional video for the twist-challenged among us??:eyebrows:

sibylla
March 16th, 2009, 12:12 PM
I haven´t read last days posts but just reminding you all that their sale ends in 12 hours. Free shipping.Hm...

Naava
March 16th, 2009, 12:13 PM
You people make me blush :) Thanks for the compliments...

Fairlight63, it's not a special made for me, it can be found from the pages :) I noticed they didn't have it in large, mine is medium.

Pixna and bjt, my method for the twist is just to twist, tuck and hope for the best :D

Jessaka
March 16th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Very pretty, Naava!!! I haven't seen that flexi style either, haha.

paper
March 16th, 2009, 12:28 PM
I got my 2 new flexi's today! :cheese: There both minis. The dangle I got off the swap board, the snowflake is custom made with purple beads. :D

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2490&pictureid=34323

I want to get a group picture of all my flexi's. My pictures never turn out very good. Any tips on getting good pictures?

Naava, Very pretty flexi and twist. I'm going to practice those more. I've been using mine mostly for half ups.

plainjanegirl
March 16th, 2009, 12:32 PM
I don't know what size I would need. I would prefer one for a bun, not for a half up or pony. My hair is past waist some when dry, when wet some of it is butt crack length. My ponytail circumfence is 3-4 inches. I can't decide if I would need a large or an xl. any idea???

eadwine
March 16th, 2009, 12:37 PM
For a bun Iwould definitely recommend XL. My circumference is less and I use an L, and the L is just big enough.

Jessaka
March 16th, 2009, 12:40 PM
paper, very pretty!

:::QUESTION:::
Does anyone know if they charge extra for custom orders? And if so, how much? Just inquiring ^__^

paper
March 16th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Thanks Jessaka! I've never been charged for custom order.

Jessaka
March 16th, 2009, 02:10 PM
^Thanks for answering my question ^__^ Now if I only knew what I wanted? HAHAHHA.

wendyg
March 16th, 2009, 03:10 PM
AFAIAA they don't charge for custom orders. They *do* charge - but not much, maybe $2 - to remake Flexis in a larger size.

wg

Jessaka
March 16th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the info, WendyG ^__^ I am glad then that I don't need a huge flexi, my hair isn't that long yet.

EtherealJane
March 16th, 2009, 05:05 PM
I got my flexi!! :cheese: That's the good news. The bad news? My hair must be thicker than I thought it was or they gave me the wrong size, cause the flexi-8 in my possession is definitely not big enough to fit around my cinnabun :( Sadly, it's slightly too large to be as tight as I would like it around a figure-8... I'll figure something out and make it work cause it's gorgeous, but either way I will be doing some measuring tonight :mad: Though I suppose if my hair is thicker than I thought, that that's a good thing...

eadwine
March 16th, 2009, 05:31 PM
You can email them, and maybe (for a slight addition of price) they will exchange it for a larger size?

plainjanegirl
March 16th, 2009, 05:44 PM
I got my flexi!! :cheese: That's the good news. The bad news? My hair must be thicker than I thought it was or they gave me the wrong size, cause the flexi-8 in my possession is definitely not big enough to fit around my cinnabun :( Sadly, it's slightly too large to be as tight as I would like it around a figure-8... I'll figure something out and make it work cause it's gorgeous, but either way I will be doing some measuring tonight :mad: Though I suppose if my hair is thicker than I thought, that that's a good thing...

SO I am curious what size did you get?
What is your ponytail circumfrence?

EtherealJane
March 16th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Well, I measured, and I definitely got a size large flexi-8, and my ponytail circumference is 3 3/4". I'm not really sure if that's thick or not? I am going to look up the hair typing thing now to see.

SolSara
March 17th, 2009, 01:17 AM

You can still use it for a cinnabun, even if it doesn't fit around it. I use the pin of the Flexi as a hairstick which makes it work for most buns. Here are two pics showing my buns with a large:

Cinnabun:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3510/3236296250_a0d6d6e2c5_m.jpg (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3510/3236296250_21927752fe_o.jpg)

Orchid bun:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3395/3235467621_32aa6ac30a_m.jpg (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3395/3235467621_92c9f226d8_o.jpg)

I've ordered an XL, which I hope will go all the way around my cinnabun. :)

With 3 3/4'' I think you are on the upper ii. I'm just in the middle. :)

If this would help someone else with choosing sizes:
I think my pony's circumference is something like 3 inches, maybe a bit more. My hair is below BSL, but with quite some taper. I use a small for ponys, XS for half-ups, medium for figure-8:s and braided buns, large for nonbraided buns.

EtherealJane
March 17th, 2009, 04:57 AM
Thanks, SolSara! The flexi still looks very pretty when you use it that way. I'm actually kind of happy that my hair is thicker than I thought it was, so it's not so bad. I'm probably going to keep this size, because I plan to grow to waist, and I think at that point, I'll need the large for figure 8s and the like. Let me know how the extra large works for you though! I may need one of those sooner rather than lateer :D

Pixna
March 17th, 2009, 04:59 AM
Those are lovely, SolSara! You've got quite some skills with your flexis!

plainjanegirl
March 17th, 2009, 07:44 AM
SolSara- Your buns look soooo nice.

I have never owned a flexi 8 so please excise my dumbness, but I thought you do inset it like a normal hairstick.....if not then how do you insert it??

eadwine
March 17th, 2009, 08:13 AM
You do actually, and then flip the decoration part over the top.

I don't know if you saw my figure8 with flexi? Here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=505453&postcount=12) you go.

I have inserted the stick part in the outer edge of the top loop, grabbed a bit of scalp hair and let it come out the outer edge again. So this flexi is not all the way around the loop but pokes through it twice (one left and one right). The entire updo stays up even if I don't flip the 8 over it.

Linda K
March 17th, 2009, 09:14 AM
I would like to have Carinklas collection :) But I only have one...
Here's a picture of it. Usually when I make a twist, I leave the ends loose, but not I had to tuck them in for the flexi-8 to show properly. It's also a little messier than I would like it to be, so please keep your eyes on the beatiful hairtoy only :p

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2571&pictureid=34321
Looks pretty and neat to me! The design almost reminds me of a snow angel!

I got my 2 new flexi's today! :cheese: There both minis. The dangle I got off the swap board, the snowflake is custom made with purple beads. :D

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2490&pictureid=34323

I want to get a group picture of all my flexi's. My pictures never turn out very good. Any tips on getting good pictures?

Very nice Paper! Your pics are nice! :) A lot of it has to do with the camera - how close you can focus in. On my camera, I use a 'food' setting to focus close up. There's quite a range of camera's so it's hard to figure out what you need depending on the type of pics you are usually after and what you want to be able to do with the pics - enlargements vs standard size. I chose mine based on reviews from fellow bird watchers. It's no where near the pro type or cost but lets me get what I want in the backyard!

paper
March 17th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Thanks Linda for your reply! I'm going to try to get a good group shot. I don't even know how many I have now. LOL

SolSara
March 17th, 2009, 10:08 AM
SolSara- Your buns look soooo nice.

I have never owned a flexi 8 so please excise my dumbness, but I thought you do inset it like a normal hairstick.....if not then how do you insert it??

Well, you can also insert it behind the bun/loop and then flip the decoration part over it all. That way it holds well in a way only a stick wouldn't do. This is how I do it for the figure-8. When I said I use it as a hairstick, I meant that I insert it through the loops, catching some scalp hair in between, just like the way I do when using only a hairstick. :) Sorry about the confusion. :)

paper
March 18th, 2009, 09:30 AM
I've got a group picture of my flexi's. I used night vision that seem to work better.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2490&pictureid=34516

Loviatar
March 18th, 2009, 10:08 AM
I must be some kind of size freak here with my flexis. I have a 2.75 pony circumference and my hair is not yet 24 inches long. But a medium is much too small for regular buns on me, and I use a small for half-ups, not an extra small. And it's very secure, not loose or anything.

If I order one for my bun, I will try a large and hope for the best. If not, then it's the XL.

Pixna
March 18th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Lovely collection, Paper.

Loviatar, your hair must be very thick -- lucky you!

rags
March 18th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Paper, I love your collection! Especially the purple and the two danglies - beautiful!

Loviatar: You must just have really non-slippery hair, as well as thick. Mine is secure, but the slipperiness of my hair gives my problems and has me using a smaller size than perhaps I could otherwise. (These are just a bit heavy, and they slide right out of a half up sometimes!)

Masara
March 18th, 2009, 01:05 PM
I've been proud that I've managed to resist getting any more flexis. I even resisted the free shipping offer. And then Naava just had to show the clip I've been oggling for a while and I'm not sure I'm going to resist much longer. It looks even better in her hair than on the site.

I know I shouldn't check this thread....

Fayejay
March 18th, 2009, 02:30 PM
I've been using flexi-8 for about 2 yrs. I found my first one at a craft show/expo and its been wonderful ever since. I have fine hair and normally use a small. When my hair was longer I used a medium for a braid/bun but I think a large would be to big for me to use. even though I love how dramatic looking the really big ones look.:D

paper
March 18th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Thanks Pixna! :D

Thanks rags, Those are my favorite ones too!

carinkla
March 19th, 2009, 01:54 AM
Carinkla - whoaaaaaaaaa. How long did it take you to build that collection up? Very pretty :)

I got my first one october 2006 ;)

Naava
March 19th, 2009, 06:08 AM
I've been proud that I've managed to resist getting any more flexis. I even resisted the free shipping offer. And then Naava just had to show the clip I've been oggling for a while and I'm not sure I'm going to resist much longer. It looks even better in her hair than on the site.

I know I shouldn't check this thread....

I'm very sorry :D

Phalaenopsis
March 19th, 2009, 07:44 AM
I've got two flexis on my way. :D
One costum dangle one, and one with a dragonfly. I love that dragonfly, I already have one in a large.

annie09
March 19th, 2009, 08:14 AM
yay my new flexi arrived today its an xl and it fits round my bun and holds like rock i am so happy and i will now be wearing it like this for work tonight and every night, i can't post photos yet but here is the link to me wearing it :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=2512&pictureid=34548

and heres a close up pic of my new toy

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=2681&pictureid=34547

Pixna
March 19th, 2009, 08:51 AM
That looks fabulous in your bun, Annie. My flexi stash is just waiting for my hair to get long enough to do an updo with them. Hope mine will look at great as yours!

bjt
March 19th, 2009, 08:58 AM
yay my new flexi arrived today its an xl and it fits round my bun and holds like rock ...

Annie--that looks fabulous on you!

I just received an XL too, but I'm having trouble learning to use it. I'm sure its user error, not a flexi problem, since I can get it around my bun (if I make a more u-shaped cinnabun) but it sorta wobbles and doesn't feel solid. I think I just have to get the hang of it. :o

annie09
March 19th, 2009, 10:01 AM
lol i tried one of those u shaped too but with a L and mine just fell out also, i need practice too. You may want to consider a custom xxl for a cinnabun as your hair is longer and thicker than mine and XL is a juster on my bun. Half the fun is playing with flexis i loves them. :)

Jessaka
March 19th, 2009, 12:07 PM
I got my first one october 2006 ;)

Oh, okay cuz I was gonna say that's a LOTTTTT haha. I wish I had that many haha.

Akiko
March 19th, 2009, 02:39 PM
yay my new flexi arrived today its an xl and it fits round my bun and holds like rock i am so happy and i will now be wearing it like this for work tonight and every night, i can't post photos yet but here is the link to me wearing it :)

Oh, wow. I love green beads. It looks wonderful on you!

I got mine today. It's a large roman cross with blue beads. It works quite well for a wrap knot bun. I have a hard time securing a cinnabun with a large flexi.

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq15/kurupika/20090319.jpg

steph in tx
March 19th, 2009, 02:46 PM
That's just lovely, Akiko! The colors look radiant in your hair.

Jessaka
March 19th, 2009, 02:48 PM
That flexi looks awesome on you, Akiko!! I <3 how it even matches your clothes, haha.

Akiko
March 19th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Thank you, steph and Jessaka! I really like blue beads. I admit I have too many hairtoys. But my husband thought it is pretty and encouraged me to get it... Nice to have a supporter at home! More toys for me.:)

Jessaka
March 19th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Wow, your husband supports your hair obsession. That must be nice, haha. My bf just rolls his eyes and is like "uh, okay then" or "they're just sticks" and stuff like that...he doesn't understand this hair stuff. LOL. It's okay though ^__^ He's not grumbling about it yet...

Akiko
March 19th, 2009, 03:11 PM
My DH enjoys all sorts of updos I try. He likes Ketylos and talked to Kevin about my hairtoys on the phone. He also likes flexis. :)

DolphinPrincess
March 19th, 2009, 03:12 PM
I was wondering if some of you flexi-8 pros could help me out. I've been thinking about ordering a couple, but not too sure what size. My pony circumference is 4" and my hair is 26.5 inches long, with some layers, which you can see in my siggy picture. I was thinking an XL for a bun (I can't do anything other than a cinnabun though because of my thickness and layers) and a M for a twist. Does this sound about right? TIA!

Pixna
March 19th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Akiko, that flexi looks STUNNING in your hair -- I love how it perfectly matches your top, too! :bluebiggr

steph in tx
March 19th, 2009, 03:29 PM
My DH enjoys all sorts of updos I try. He likes Ketylos and talked to Kevin about my hairtoys on the phone. He also likes flexis. :)

Oh I would just love that. Yay for your dh!

eadwine
March 19th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Oh, wow. I love green beads. It looks wonderful on you!

I got mine today. It's a large roman cross with blue beads. It works quite well for a wrap knot bun. I have a hard time securing a cinnabun with a large flexi.

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq15/kurupika/20090319.jpg

This looks just LOVELY! :)

paper
March 19th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Akiko, That flexi and updo are gorgeous!

Akiko
March 19th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Thank you, eadwine and paper!

eadwine, I saw your video instructions and learned how to do a wrap knot bun. Your video instructions are so clear. I appreciate them!

paper
March 19th, 2009, 03:51 PM
:hmm: Now, I want a blue flexi!!!

I look at eadwines instruction page alot too. My hair is little short to try most of them. I agree, it's well done.

Bonny
March 19th, 2009, 03:58 PM
I was wondering if some of you flexi-8 pros could help me out. I've been thinking about ordering a couple, but not too sure what size. My pony circumference is 4" and my hair is 26.5 inches long, with some layers, which you can see in my siggy picture. I was thinking an XL for a bun (I can't do anything other than a cinnabun though because of my thickness and layers) and a M for a twist. Does this sound about right? TIA!

Hi DolphinPrincess! I've been lurking in this thread for a while and finally have something to contribute!

My pony circumference is also 4". My hair is not as long as yours, maybe 21 or 22 inches (I'm terrible at measuring) and it's layered.

I ordered my first Flexi-8s last week and they just arrived today. :joy:I bought M, L and XL. The M works great for my ponytail, and the XL just fit over my would-be-a-cinnabun-except-for-the-layers. Both the L and the XL worked on my French twist, depending on which part of the twist I pinned.

Hope this is helpful! I'm planning on posting some pics in my blog and album later tonight. Right now I'm wearing the XL for my French twist - I want to see how it holds up after a few hours.

DolphinPrincess
March 19th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Hi DolphinPrincess! I've been lurking in this thread for a while and finally have something to contribute!

My pony circumference is also 4". My hair is not as long as yours, maybe 21 or 22 inches (I'm terrible at measuring) and it's layered.

I ordered my first Flexi-8s last week and they just arrived today. :joy:I bought M, L and XL. The M works great for my ponytail, and the XL just fit over my would-be-a-cinnabun-except-for-the-layers. Both the L and the XL worked on my French twist, depending on which part of the twist I pinned.

Hope this is helpful! I'm planning on posting some pics in my blog and album later tonight. Right now I'm wearing the XL for my French twist - I want to see how it holds up after a few hours.

Thanks! That does help, now I just have to wait until I have money to order some! :happydance:

ElenTikvah
March 19th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Thank you, steph and Jessaka! I really like blue beads. I admit I have too many hairtoys. But my husband thought it is pretty and encouraged me to get it... Nice to have a supporter at home! More toys for me.:)

I had to laugh when reading this, as I bought that same design (medium) earlier this week because my hunny thought it was pretty, and wanted me to buy it!

Hope it comes in the mail this weekend!

~Tik

Akiko
March 19th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Wow! Yay to our DHs! :) It's really pretty. Your husband will enjoy it, too.

rags
March 19th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Akiko, That is absolutely gorgeous!

Katla
March 19th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Akiko, that looks fantastic in your hair! I love the colours :D

Akiko
March 19th, 2009, 07:19 PM
rags, Katla, thank you! My DH came home said, it's really beautiful! :):)

coppercurls
March 19th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Akiko, that color is just perfect for you!
I rec'vd an email today that my 2 new XL's are on there way. Yippee!

Akiko
March 19th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Thank you, coppercurls! I did not know Flexi 8 is located in California. I live on the East Coast. It got here fairly quickly. Hope yours will come soon!

Pierre
March 19th, 2009, 10:02 PM
I just got some. I don't know when I'll have time to post pictures.

julya
March 20th, 2009, 12:10 AM

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=2512&pictureid=34548

and heres a close up pic of my new toy

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=2681&pictureid=34547

I just got that same one! It is so pretty! I will post pictures of mine this weekend.

kwaniesiam
March 20th, 2009, 12:21 AM
I just got some. I don't know when I'll have time to post pictures.

Ooh what styles? I've never seen a guy wearing any, I bet there are ways to pull it off quite well ;)

HotRag
March 20th, 2009, 12:34 AM
I am just waiting for my XL with black jets to arrive.
I really hope I can get the same good use from it as everybody else seems to get from flexis.

I could not find where to put custom order instructions when ordering, and I could not figure out how to pay more for the customs.

Is that supposed to be made in PayPal during the final paying?
I would prefer to discuss the costum made style with the seller and then get an OK from the seller that he/she has understood what I want.

eadwine
March 20th, 2009, 04:12 AM
eadwine, I saw your video instructions and learned how to do a wrap knot bun. Your video instructions are so clear. I appreciate them!

I look at eadwines instruction page alot too. My hair is little short to try most of them. I agree, it's well done.

Thanks you two! I will update them sometime in the future, with the slightly longer length of hair I can do this a bit easier and also then clearer for the video :)

paper
March 20th, 2009, 06:36 AM
Akiko, You have inspired me, I ordered a royal blue flexi last night. :D

Pierre
March 20th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Ooh what styles? I've never seen a guy wearing any, I bet there are ways to pull it off quite well ;)
Well right now I have my usual (for non-cold days) two Dutch braids, and I'm holding the ends with the Flexis. I may undo the braids tonight and make a bun.

Should I submit a picture to Flexi-8?

karisaf
March 20th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Ok, maybe you guys can help me love my Flexi-8s more. I have a problem when I wear them in a french twist - they torque (is that the right word?) to one side. They don't lay flat. I can't imagine that it's because they are too big, because I can barely get them closed. Is it maybe because I'm using a size that is too small? Or are there any special tricks?

eadwine
March 20th, 2009, 09:14 AM
If you can barely get them closed I suggest going one size bigger indeed.

Mine does tend to torque a little bit as well, but that is because of the direction of the hair, one side of the bun being a bit thicker than the other.

Akiko
March 20th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Akiko, You have inspired me, I ordered a royal blue flexi last night. :D

Yay, paper! You will love a royal blue flexi. It will look great in your hair.

Ok, maybe you guys can help me love my Flexi-8s more. I have a problem when I wear them in a french twist - they torque (is that the right word?) to one side. They don't lay flat. I can't imagine that it's because they are too big, because I can barely get them closed. Is it maybe because I'm using a size that is too small? Or are there any special tricks?

This might not be true to every one. But for me, the seam and stick have to be in a certain direction.

When I make a french twist, I make the seam (or the opening of the pocket?) on the right side, insert the stick from the right side, grab scalp hair, come out from the left side and lock it.

If I make the seam on the left side, my flexi tends to turn itself.

(I am right-handed. So this works good for me. If you are left-handed, you do the opposite. Make the seam on the left. Insert the stick from the left.)

Below: French twist seam on the right. Insert the stick from right to left. Works better.
http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq15/kurupika/200903201.jpg

Below: French twist seam on the left. Insert the stick from right to left. The flexi turnes itself and ends up crooked.
http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq15/kurupika/200903202.jpg

Ack! My hair is so dark. Details might be hard to see. But I hope you can see the seam and how the stick is inserted.

karisaf
March 20th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Akiko, that is SO helpful! Thank you, I am going to try it today going the other way. :)

Leisje
March 20th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Akiko, your hair is so pretty! I love the look of that flexi-8 with the up-do.

levelek
March 20th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Akiko that flexi is just stunning in your hair!

julya
March 22nd, 2009, 04:36 PM
Here are pictures of some of my new flexi-8s.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1372&pictureid=34768
in my hair.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1372&pictureid=34769
sister's hair.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1372&pictureid=34767
baby hair.

paper
March 22nd, 2009, 04:46 PM
julya, Those are gorgeous! The color looks fantastic in your hair and your little sisters too!

julya
March 22nd, 2009, 05:36 PM
Thanks, Paper! And I should have been more specific, the baby hair in that pic is my son's hair. The middle one is my little sis though!

paper
March 22nd, 2009, 05:40 PM
Thanks, Paper! And I should have been more specific, the baby hair in that pic is my son's hair. The middle one is my little sis though!

Aww how cute! You definitly picked the right colors for everyone. They look great!

Akiko
March 22nd, 2009, 06:47 PM
Leisje, levelek, thank you! I wore my new flexi today and enjoyed it very much.
julya, you got nice ones. I especially love green ones! Your whole family has great hair. :)

coppercurls
March 22nd, 2009, 09:12 PM
Here is a pic of my new XL flexi's. I am so happy with them!

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c121/Coppercurls1969/IIXLflexi8s0309.jpg

This is my collection, so far:p! From the right: 2 mediums, 3 larges & 2 new XL's:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c121/Coppercurls1969/Flexi8collection0309.jpg

Jessaka
March 22nd, 2009, 09:47 PM
coppercurls, i havent seen a medium flexi w/ those pink beads....what is the centerpiece? haha sorry I'm a pink/purple freak.

coppercurls
March 22nd, 2009, 10:38 PM
Hi Jessaka! I don't know how old that flexi is. I got it from a lady on ebay, but it is a real flexi. The middle is a flower. It looks like a daffodil to me. Here is a picture of it by itself. HTH

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c121/Coppercurls1969/Pinkmedflexi.jpg

paper
March 23rd, 2009, 06:07 AM
Those are gorgeous flexi's coppercurls!

annie09
March 23rd, 2009, 08:42 AM
WOW julya that is a great colour on you i must admit the green really pops with your blonde hair and you have so much of it , its just beautiful, i have worn mine every day since i got it, i love it, your family all have gorgeous hair :)

Noctifer
March 23rd, 2009, 08:59 AM
My first flexi-8 arrived today and Im so happy.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2708&pictureid=34809
its a extra small Simple flower and danglie with rich garnet stone-set, and i cant wait until the rest of what i orderd arrives so that i can try those out (first order and not realy knowing what size fits my hair, but this is to small to do anything else then half ups whit.)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2645&pictureid=34810
and in my hair its looks like this

Pierre
March 23rd, 2009, 09:17 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2428&pictureid=34812
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2428&pictureid=34811
The style is the same as my avatar, except that that's with Mini Maxes.

annie09
March 23rd, 2009, 09:18 AM
oh thats lovely noctifer and you have great hair to show it off :)

Jessaka
March 23rd, 2009, 12:39 PM
coppercurls - that's a really cute flexi! I do really like it ^__^

noctifier - I wanted that flexi cuz my bday is in January haha...I'm glad to see someone using it haha...I just might have to get one lol.

pierre - very cool!

Katla
March 23rd, 2009, 02:14 PM
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c121/Coppercurls1969/Pinkmedflexi.jpg

That's so cute! :D That flower in the design looks beautiful! I love that Flexi-8 has so many different designs :)

eadwine
March 23rd, 2009, 03:48 PM
Pierre - I personally don't like that style on you with the flexis, but the flexis sure are pretty :)

gmdiaz
March 23rd, 2009, 05:25 PM
I think the flexi's are so cute and look so great on everyone.

I wish he made them in sterling silver though.

I really like the Thai Karen Hill Tribe beads. . .I think those have a higher silver content than sterling. Hmmm? I should probably ask him about that? LOL

paper
March 23rd, 2009, 07:07 PM
I got my new flexi today. I'm really loving the royal blue! :D

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=586&pictureid=34851

Akiko
March 23rd, 2009, 07:23 PM
That's pretty. I love blue beads. You got great hairtoy delivery today!

Jessaka
March 23rd, 2009, 07:49 PM
paper, cute flexi! i like the blue as well!

Pierre
March 23rd, 2009, 09:04 PM
I was at the store yesterday and a gal I know recognized me from behind and wants some Flexis herself:)

The two are extra-small; I have a small too, but I think I need a medium for buns.

paper
March 24th, 2009, 03:24 AM
Thanks Akiko and Jessaka!

Yes, it was a pretty exciting day for hair toys yesterday! :p

HotRag
March 24th, 2009, 04:36 AM
Wrong thread

Pixna
March 24th, 2009, 05:13 AM
Paper, your new flexi looks exquisite in your hair. Good color choice for you!

Gmdiaz, although I'm sure that flexis in sterling silver would be quite lovely, it would undoubtedly up their price substantially. One of the beauties of the flexis is their affordability.

paper
March 24th, 2009, 06:08 AM
Thanks Pixna :)

Noctifer
March 24th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Some more flexi-8s did arrive today so now my collection looks like this
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2708&pictureid=34883

Pixna
March 24th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Beautiful, Noctifier! Looks like you are ready for anything and everything! :D

coppercurls
March 24th, 2009, 09:26 AM
I love all the variety in everyone's collections!:p

rags
March 24th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Paper, I'm in love with that blue! It looks great on you!

Noctifer, beautiful collection.

To whoever said that about the sterling, I agree with Pixna. One of the great things about flexis is their price. That would increase it substantially, I'm afraid.

Akiko
March 24th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Oh, Noctifier. Nice collection. I have been wanting to get that Sparkling Snowflake one. It's beautiful. I probably get one when they offer free shipping next time!

paper
March 24th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Thanks rags! :)

Noctifer, Your flexi's are all very pretty!

Akiko, I bought the snowflake one during last free shipping. I had it made with purple beads. :D

Akiko
March 24th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Akiko, I bought the snowflake one during last free shipping. I had it made with purple beads. :D

That's wonderful. I have never custom ordered. Purple beads sound soooooo good!:cheese:

Jessaka
March 24th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Yeah, there aren't much purples. I was going to request for a heart one w/ purple beads but I'm kinda umm broke at the moment so let's not go there lol.

HotRag
March 24th, 2009, 11:30 PM
I am still waiting and waiting and waiting for my XL to arrive. Should come any day now.
I am very curious to try if it will work for me.

jessie58
March 25th, 2009, 02:29 AM
You guys are making me want to get my F-8's out again. In fact, I think I need to look for a new one. Or two. :D

Feye
March 25th, 2009, 02:34 AM
To all: Your flexi-8's are all looking so lovely in your hair! I love how you can match style and color to fit both your hair and clothes.

I thought of a way to wrap a bun, inspired by previous posts here about how to secure a bun with a smaller flexi-8 even if you have outgrown it. And I thought about chinese buns and tried something similar.

I put my hair in a medium high ponytail and secured it with a small flexi-8. I then divided it in two to make two braids, and wrapped one braid at a time around and behind the flexi-8, wrapping underneath and then up (chinese braids start with wrapping it over the hair stick instead). I then wrapped the other braid too and secured it with small amish hair pins.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2602&pictureid=34921

Great for making the bun look large!

Noctifer
March 25th, 2009, 04:13 AM
Thanks for the comments Im a bit unsure on the snoweflake, as a medium its to big for ponytail but to small for a cinnamon bun so need to find a alternative hairstyle for that

and some action shots
a somewhat messy cinnamon bun whit the larg one
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/Mirindia/hair/Updos/th_102_1382.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v285/Mirindia/hair/Updos/?action=view&current=102_1382.jpg)
A lazy wrap bun whit the snowflake (as i never mange to get that bun secure whit a stick)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/Mirindia/hair/Updos/th_102_1387.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v285/Mirindia/hair/Updos/?action=view&current=102_1387.jpg)

And last a pony tail whit the small (oh i miss ponytails but after to many broken elastics)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/Mirindia/hair/Updos/th_102_1390.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v285/Mirindia/hair/Updos/?action=view&current=102_1390.jpg)

Pixna
March 25th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Feye, that bun turned out incredibly pretty!! And you're right -- it looks HUGE!!

Good job, Noctifer! I especially like the ponytail. It's great that the small flexi can work so well for a pony!

HotRag
March 25th, 2009, 07:08 AM
I finally got mine! Black jets and XL.

I tried it to secure a folded braid, and it seems to function for that. Bun must have XXL I think.
http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr243/HotRag/Hairtoys/th_flexi.jpg (http://s488.photobucket.com/albums/rr243/HotRag/Hairtoys/?action=view&current=flexi.jpg)

A problem is that the centerpiece angles (see picture). Are yours like this?
http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr243/HotRag/Hairtoys/th_flexisned.jpg (http://s488.photobucket.com/albums/rr243/HotRag/Hairtoys/?action=view&current=flexisned.jpg)

Pixna
March 25th, 2009, 07:34 AM
HotRag, you might be able to adjust the centerpiece angle a little bit just by fiddling with it. I have the same problem with some of mine (the centerpiece tilts in one direction), but it's not really noticeable once they are in my hair.

My problem is just the opposite of yours, though, and probably more of an issue -- because I am left-handed, I put my flexis in "backward," and my centerpieces tilt up rather than down (I think the people who put them together must be right-handed). Even so, I can fiddle with it a little and it's still not obvious when it's in my hair.

plainjanegirl
March 25th, 2009, 07:44 AM
One of these days I am just gonna splurge and buy me a flexi 8. If for some reason I cannot get it to work for me then I will swap it or sell it on ebay or something. Think I want one for a bun not a pony so I am not sure if an xl would be what I need.

Samitra
March 25th, 2009, 07:53 AM
My first Flexi-8 arrived today! I'll take an action shot when I've learned how to use it properly. And that might take a while, it's a bit too big, I have get longer hair first!

But I did order two, and the package slip confirmed that, but I only recieved one. Do I have bad luck, or has it ever happened to you?

joyfulmom4
March 25th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Samitra, contact the company. I'm sure they'll correct the error. In my experience, their customer service has been excellent.

And I can't resist adding that the Flexi-8 is my all-time favorite hairtoy. I wear them more than any other and find that they hold most securely. I also get lots of compliments on them.

I have my hair up today using two Flexi-8's. I have the front pulled back and secured with a medium sized one and then all the hair is pulled into two braids at the nape and wrapped up into a braided bun which is secured with an extra-large clip just below the first clip.

I should take a pic of this. Actually, I should first take a *look* at this. I did it on the fly this morning as I was rushing off to work and I have not even checked it in a mirror. It's probably all wonky and crooked or something. It sounded like a good idea though. :D

plainjanegirl
March 25th, 2009, 08:45 AM
so if I bought an xl and figured out how to use it but it did not hold all my hair in a bun then would they let me return it and pay extra for an xxl ?

carinkla
March 25th, 2009, 09:33 AM
so if I bought an xl and figured out how to use it but it did not hold all my hair in a bun then would they let me return it and pay extra for an xxl ?

I think its best if you just email them and ask.
I am still waiting for my XXl it takes longer then I am used to.

joyfulmom4
March 25th, 2009, 09:38 AM

They make an XXL? Really? I didn't realize that. I am going to go check that out. I can hold my hair with an XL, but an even larger one would be better. I can't get the XL around all my hair or all styles. It would be awesome to have a Flexi-8 that could hold a cinnabun! How big are they? Anyone have pics to compare to XL?

joyfulmom4
March 25th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Hmmm... I just went to the website and I still only see sizes mini to XL? Is it a special order?

eadwine
March 25th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Yep :) (10 characters :lol:)

Naava
March 25th, 2009, 10:18 AM

I don't know when you ordered yours, but I noticed that during the time you could get free shipping, it had a little print saying it could take 3-4 weeks for the international orders.

coolbreeze212
March 25th, 2009, 11:27 AM
:happydance:Yay...my flexi-8 order came in today's mail. These are my first ones, and I've really been looking forward to them! I ordered during their recent free shipping special.

I ordered 2 mini's, 2 extra-smalls, and 1 small.

The mini holds my half-up. OMG my hair is so fine!! :rolleyes:

Now it's "play time" to see which of these sizes will work for each of my usual styles!!!

eadwine
March 25th, 2009, 12:11 PM
I don't know when you ordered yours, but I noticed that during the time you could get free shipping, it had a little print saying it could take 3-4 weeks for the international orders.

It always says that, even without the free shipping. But when you have ordered from them multiple times and it always got here in a week or so you start to worry when it takes longer.

Katla
March 25th, 2009, 12:11 PM
My two XLs arrived today :D My normal bun is juuust at the lower limit of what fits with them, but since I plan on letting my hair grow as long as it wants, it's fine with me (plus my hair doesn't appear to have as much volume right now since I'm trying water-only). L would definitely have been too small. I'm a happy girl! :cheese:

HotRag
March 25th, 2009, 12:26 PM
HotRag, you might be able to adjust the centerpiece angle a little bit just by fiddling with it. I have the same problem with some of mine (the centerpiece tilts in one direction), but it's not really noticeable once they are in my hair.

My problem is just the opposite of yours, though, and probably more of an issue -- because I am left-handed, I put my flexis in "backward," and my centerpieces tilt up rather than down (I think the people who put them together must be right-handed). Even so, I can fiddle with it a little and it's still not obvious when it's in my hair.
Hi.

Thank you for the respons. I will try to fiddle with it, but I'm afraid that it's stuck to it's position. I'm also afraid to break it, I do that to a lot of stuff :mad:

Samitra
March 25th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Samitra, contact the company. I'm sure they'll correct the error. In my experience, their customer service has been excellent.

I did, and I got a reply very quick. They'll send the missing flexi-8 right away. I agree that their customer service is excellent :)

Oh, and I think I've learned how to use my flexi-8 to hold a french twist. :joy: It took me all day to figure it out, and only 1/3 of the twists I do look OK. But I guess that's just a matter of practice, and that it wasn't too big as I first believed.

SolSara
March 25th, 2009, 03:31 PM
I also got my new flexi-8s. :) I'll take a collection shot when I have all in the same place (I have some at BF's right now) but I just had to show you. I love them! :)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3568/3386077298_acb65dc41d_m.jpg (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3568/3386077298_acb65dc41d_b.jpg)

The smaller one is a medium: sleak heart. The large is a custom made XL with metallic blue beads. :) Both are made to be handled by a leftie. :)

Pixna
March 25th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Those are lovely, SolSara. I just ordered some more, too -- and requested that they be made left-handed. I'm glad they followed your request. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your collection!

Roseate
March 25th, 2009, 05:49 PM
I finally got my new flexis together with my old for a group shot:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3426/3385523091_3529231645_m.jpg

Small, medium and 2 larges. All 100% sparkle-free!

I love these. The small holds a half-up, medium a ponytail (just barely. When my bangs grow out I may be out of luck.) and the large makes the world's greatest french twist. When I get a little longer I'm definitely going for an XL so I can hold a bun too.

Jessaka
March 25th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Solsara, cute flexis! I have that heart one too, but in XL :)

Roseate, cool...left handed flexis!!! And all gold colored (copper?) you must like that ^__^

Pierre
March 25th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Unless they have four different colors of beads, how are they chiral? I have two in the same style, and the flowers are stuck on the midbuckle on different sides of the middle.

Leisje
March 25th, 2009, 09:21 PM
My flexi's arrived today!
My very first ones.
They are even more pretty in person than they are on the website. I have a medium holding up my messy updo at the moment.

Unfortunately my camera is on the fritz, so no photos.
I love everyone's collections!

Pixna
March 26th, 2009, 06:26 AM
That's a great collection, Roseate! It's cool how they are all different and yet not sparkly. It's wonderful that the Flexi folks have so many different styles and are willing to custom make Flexis to suit everyone!

Anje
March 26th, 2009, 06:53 AM
Unless they have four different colors of beads, how are they chiral? I have two in the same style, and the flowers are stuck on the midbuckle on different sides of the middle.

As I understand it, some of the middle pieces have a definite top and bottom.

Oh, and I love the use of the word "chiral" to describe this. Thank you!

carinkla
March 26th, 2009, 07:40 AM
The xxl is only avaiable by mail..its not yet on the website. Regarding not receiving mine. I got email it was send on march 10 (before the free shipping ) I ordered quite a lot (see earlier in this topic) and they always arrived within about a week.... So since its about two weeks I will give it some time and be patient...but its twice as long as I am used to;)

joyfulmom4
March 26th, 2009, 08:08 AM
The xxl is only avaiable by mail..its not yet on the website. Regarding not receiving mine. I got email it was send on march 10 (before the free shipping ) I ordered quite a lot (see earlier in this topic) and they always arrived within about a week.... So since its about two weeks I will give it some time and be patient...but its twice as long as I am used to;)

Thanks. Did you just email them to ask? I think I will try to contact them b/c I would LOVE to have an XXL. Now if only Ficcare would make an XXL! I think they could easily market larger sized clips. Their large ones are OK, but I think a lot of us could use a much bigger one for many updos.

carinkla
March 26th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Yes..I heard about its existence in another topic here on LHC and email them.

Leisje
March 26th, 2009, 02:21 PM
I managed to get my camera working and snapped some photos. Sorry if the quality isn't all that great, its hard to take a picture of the back of one's head. lol.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/LynxCat/LHC.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/LynxCat/LHC4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/LynxCat/LHC2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/LynxCat/LHC3.jpg

Pixna
March 26th, 2009, 02:29 PM
VERY pretty, Leisje!!!!!

plainjanegirl
March 26th, 2009, 02:40 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ATS-TRIBAL-GYPSY-Belly-Dance-Dancing-Hair-Barret-Stick_W0QQitemZ120386209624QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_D efaultDomain_0?hash=item120386209624&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262

Do these look like they would be used in much the same way as a flexi 8?
It's just since I have trouble with not being smart enough to use a stick for a bun then I am kinda worried to spend the money on a flexi 8 if I can't operate it. These similar looking things I found on ebay are much cheaper, but I also wanna see if they can make me one without the dangle stuff.

HotRag
March 26th, 2009, 02:47 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ATS-TRIBAL-GYPSY-Belly-Dance-Dancing-Hair-Barret-Stick_W0QQitemZ120386209624QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_D efaultDomain_0?hash=item120386209624&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262

It's just since I have trouble with not being smart enough to use a stick for a bun then I am kinda worried to spend the money on a flexi 8 if I can't operate it. These similar looking things I found on ebay are much cheaper, but I also wanna see if they can make me one without the dangle stuff.
I have one of those. It is to small for anything but "pony". I can't use it for securing a folded braid.
I just have an XL flexi-8, so I don't know if this one is like a M or L.

plainjanegirl
March 26th, 2009, 02:52 PM
I have one of those. It is to small for anything but "pony". I can't use it for securing a folded braid.
I just have an XL flexi-8, so I don't know if this one is like a M or L.

So it's not really as big as what it says then? The ebay thing says approx. 5 1/2 inches and the xl flexi I think said the pin was 5 1/4 inches. Well maybe not such a good idea. :confused:

HotRag
March 26th, 2009, 02:59 PM
So it's not really as big as what it says then? The ebay thing says approx. 5 1/2 inches and the xl flexi I think said the pin was 5 1/4 inches. Well maybe not such a good idea. :confused:
The pins are about the same length, but the "8" i smaller on the other one. The "8" is also chubbier where the pin will go, which make the space even a bit smaller. Flexi "saves space" due to how it's formed where the pin goes.

ElenTikvah
March 26th, 2009, 04:45 PM

One of the things that I really love about the Flexi-8 is that the pin is connected to the loop...so I'm not fumbling around for one or the other, all the while holding my hair with my other hand.

~Tik

rapunzhell13
March 26th, 2009, 07:57 PM
I got an extra small for half-ups and a small for ponytails, but I need to go up a size. I guess I really do have thick hair after all! :cheese: I'm returning them for an exchange. Very impressed with their customer service so far!

julya
March 26th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Leisje, I really like the style you made with the dangle one! It looks so pretty! How'd you do that?

Leisje
March 26th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Thank you, Pixna. :)
Julya, it is surprisingly simple!

You start twisting the hair like you would do for a tail's up style, but you make a larger loop at the bottom with the hair. Then pin it in place with the flexi. The hairs that stick up I then separate on either have of the flexi, wrap it around and pin underneath the loop of hair.
Does that make sense? I hope so.

julya
March 26th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Thank you for putting up those directions. I think that my hair might be too long, but I will have to try it out on a willing longhaired family member soon!

eadwine
March 27th, 2009, 03:01 AM
And it stays that way?? Wow.. heh. My hair would never do that. It is a lovely looking updo alright!

spf4214
March 27th, 2009, 07:39 AM
My flexi-8's arrived today. Yay! :cheese:

Here are some pics. Sorry there is no action shots, because my hair has just been washed and is still wet.

Medium
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee317/spf4214/P3270007-1.jpg

Large
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee317/spf4214/P3270006-1.jpg

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee317/spf4214/P3270005-1.jpg

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee317/spf4214/P3270004-1.jpg

Extra Large
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee317/spf4214/P3270003-1.jpg

All of them
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee317/spf4214/P3270002-1.jpg

My hair is quite thick and a medium is perfect for my pony tail, but a large works too. The extra large only semi fits over my bun, so I make a longer bun and clip it in near the top (like it says in the video).

joyfulmom4
March 27th, 2009, 08:46 AM
I have some of these. They are very pretty. They work similarly to the Flexi-8, but there are a few differences.

The stick is wooden and it is not attached, so it can be broken or lost. It also does not have the notches in it like the Flexi-8 has, so you can't "lock" the stick into place. I find that it doesn't hold as securely as the Flexis.

The size is too small for me to hold any updos. I use mine as a purely decorative accent. I think maybe it might be similar to the size medium in terms of how much hair it can hold? I can't say for sure.

It has some risk of tangling in your hair. That can be improved upon if you want to spend a little time with a needle-nosed pliers and possibly some fine sandpaper and laquer (even clear nail polish will do). All of the parts are linked together with small jewelry "O-rings", but the rings are not smoothly and securely closed. Your hair can catch on the rings or even slip into them if they are not firmly connected. If you go through and examine every O-ring and make sure you squeeze them tight with a pliers, that helps a lot. Sand any rough spots. A little coating of clear lacquer helps even more. They still have a bit of tangle potential since there are so many interconnected dangly parts. But then again, so do the Flexi-8's with dangles.

Oh, just reread this and realized you wanted one w/o the dangly stuff. I don't think these are made by individual craftsmen. I think they're a mass-produced item. If you want them w/o dangles, you probably have to remove them yourself. Just a guess though.
I have several and I need to fix up a couple more of them so I can wear them. I really *like* the look of these. It's a nice change from my other hair toys. But these would not be something I consider a replacement for Flexi-8's.

Pixna
March 27th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Fabulous collection, Sugar Plum Fairy!! They look perfectly suited for a sugar plum fairy, too!! :D

plainjanegirl
March 27th, 2009, 05:16 PM
I have some of these. They are very pretty. They work similarly to the Flexi-8, but there are a few differences.

The stick is wooden and it is not attached, so it can be broken or lost. It also does not have the notches in it like the Flexi-8 has, so you can't "lock" the stick into place. I find that it doesn't hold as securely as the Flexis.

The size is too small for me to hold any updos. I use mine as a purely decorative accent. I think maybe it might be similar to the size medium in terms of how much hair it can hold? I can't say for sure.

It has some risk of tangling in your hair. That can be improved upon if you want to spend a little time with a needle-nosed pliers and possibly some fine sandpaper and laquer (even clear nail polish will do). All of the parts are linked together with small jewelry "O-rings", but the rings are not smoothly and securely closed. Your hair can catch on the rings or even slip into them if they are not firmly connected. If you go through and examine every O-ring and make sure you squeeze them tight with a pliers, that helps a lot. Sand any rough spots. A little coating of clear lacquer helps even more. They still have a bit of tangle potential since there are so many interconnected dangly parts. But then again, so do the Flexi-8's with dangles.

Oh, just reread this and realized you wanted one w/o the dangly stuff. I don't think these are made by individual craftsmen. I think they're a mass-produced item. If you want them w/o dangles, you probably have to remove them yourself. Just a guess though.
I have several and I need to fix up a couple more of them so I can wear them. I really *like* the look of these. It's a nice change from my other hair toys. But these would not be something I consider a replacement for Flexi-8's.

Thanks for the input everybody! So I guess I need to just save my money and get the real flexi 8 and hope it works for my buns.

Linda K
March 28th, 2009, 04:32 PM
I got my new flexi today. I'm really loving the royal blue! :D

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=586&pictureid=34851
Paper! That's beautiful! Love how you are 'matching' up to your clothes!

I managed to get my camera working and snapped some photos. Sorry if the quality isn't all that great, its hard to take a picture of the back of one's head. lol.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/LynxCat/LHC.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/LynxCat/LHC4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/LynxCat/LHC2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/LynxCat/LHC3.jpg
Wow! They look wonderful in your hair! (oh, ummm, Pretty hair too! :D )

I also have one of these! I don't know if they custom make them like the Flexi people, but the beauty of the Flexi over this one is - you don't have to worry about the pin in the Flexi slipping out! I found I had to check once in a while to be sure it was staying put on a 'slippery' hair day! I just looked at mine again. I'm not sure what the bead is made from - to allow you to remove the dangle part. You might end up with something catching your hair. If your not into the dangle, I'd go for the Flexi and pass on this one. Just my :twocents: :D
ETA: Guess I should have finished reading thru the thread!
ETA: SPF4214 - very pretty collection as well!

paper
March 28th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Thanks Linda, Yeah, I'm trying to work the color thing as you know from our other thread!:p

Pierre
March 30th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Yes I am a flexifan since oct 2006. and its the only hairtoy that keeps my hair up the whole day. Lately I even started sleeping with it (up an down up and down braid and my ends tucked away safely. The flexi bends so I do not notice it. My hair is a lot less mussed in the morning and my ends are softer.
Me too I've been sleeping with them. I tried sleeping with Mini Maxes once and got poked in the temple. Not the Flexi.:)

carinkla
March 31st, 2009, 10:01 AM
to show the size of the xxl..as small assembly:
from bottom to top, medium. L , Xl and XXl
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/5500/fleximaten.th.jpg (http://img257.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fleximaten.jpg)

Pixna
March 31st, 2009, 10:29 AM
Wow, Carinkla, that is some HUGE difference between the medium and the XXL. I am mostly using the extra-small for half-ups, and I have smalls for a tiny pony. I have a medium and a large for when my hair gets longer. I can only DREAM of when I might one day be able to use a large, let alone an XXL!!!

swirlytresses
March 31st, 2009, 01:49 PM
I am contemplating placing an order within a few weeks. I think I am going to order a med, large, and an XL. I have 3a hair that is waist lenght but tapered and medium thickness (pics in my album) and I plan on using these for half up's, french twist, a variety of buns, etc. How well do these flexi-8's hold up? I know these are not pricey compared to the Ficcare clips, but I don't want to order another hair toy without feeling like it's worth the money. Also, do you have problems with hair getting caught in between the beads? I am looking at getting very plain and simple flexi's. Thanks for your input.

wendyg
March 31st, 2009, 01:58 PM
Hair caught: no.

Durability: so far, excellent.

wg

Pixna
March 31st, 2009, 02:13 PM
I am contemplating placing an order within a few weeks. I think I am going to order a med, large, and an XL. I have 3a hair that is waist lenght but tapered and medium thickness (pics in my album) and I plan on using these for half up's, french twist, a variety of buns, etc. How well do these flexi-8's hold up? I know these are not pricey compared to the Ficcare clips, but I don't want to order another hair toy without feeling like it's worth the money. Also, do you have problems with hair getting caught in between the beads? I am looking at getting very plain and simple flexi's. Thanks for your input.

These are the most durable hair toys I've ever owned. My hair has not gotten caught in them, but as with any hair toy, I would suggest removing them carefully. They are surprisingly smooth and hair-friendly. I love 'em!

swirlytresses
March 31st, 2009, 02:18 PM
Thanks for your response. I'm sure I will be pleased with these hair toys as well as any others. Your opinion counts. :)

ETA: Is there a current discount code for any specials? TIA

Phalaenopsis
April 2nd, 2009, 06:46 AM
I got to see mine today! :cheer:

I absolutely love them. I'm so happy I can wear a flexi in a halfup again. But I'm afraid that when my thickness is back, that I won't be able to wear my XS anymore.

DelynofRhondda
April 2nd, 2009, 08:51 AM
These are beautiful looking hair toys. I've been reading through this thread and their Web site.

One comment here I've noticed is they aren't weighted for putting in left-to-right. I saw that especially with the dangle styles. Boo, hiss!:p

Those of you who have special ordered, have any of you requested a left-to-right pin? Did it add significantly to the price?

Flexi-8 gets such wonderful reviews here for quality and customer service. I'm seriously considering ordering (at least) one.

Pixna
April 2nd, 2009, 09:29 AM
These are beautiful looking hair toys. I've been reading through this thread and their Web site.

One comment here I've noticed is they aren't weighted for putting in left-to-right. I saw that especially with the dangle styles. Boo, hiss!:p

Those of you who have special ordered, have any of you requested a left-to-right pin? Did it add significantly to the price?

Flexi-8 gets such wonderful reviews here for quality and customer service. I'm seriously considering ordering (at least) one.

I'm left-handed, and I've requested that mine be made for lefties. They have no problem doing that and do not charge extra. Pretty cool, eh? Just be sure to put a note regarding your request in the message box when you place your order.

Phalaenopsis
April 2nd, 2009, 09:33 AM
Here's a pic of my two new XS flexis :)

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/naturalgirl/DSCI0201.jpg

Jessaka
April 2nd, 2009, 01:35 PM
^Cute! I've never seen that one on the bottom...maybe cuz I don't use XS..but it's cute :D

Pixna
April 2nd, 2009, 01:47 PM
Phalaenopsis, I have the top dragonfly one, too -- I really like it! The dangly one is very pretty. I don't have any danglies yet -- I'm waiting for my hair to get longer first. :)

Phalaenopsis
April 2nd, 2009, 01:57 PM
Yes, I already had a large one with sapphire beads and that dragonfly, I fell so in love with it, I wanted it in a size I could use more often.

@Jessaka: they're only temporary. Because I lost some thickness, my smalls weren't that comfy in a half up anymore. But the hairs are growing back like crazy. But it will take a while before I have my full thickness again.

Jessaka
April 2nd, 2009, 02:17 PM
^Ahh, I see. That's cool though that you can use different sizes :) I think I'm just Small for half up, Medium for pony and XL for bun. Idk though, I wish there was a size between Small & Medium haha..Smedium?

Phalaenopsis
April 2nd, 2009, 03:39 PM
Smedium:D

I wished that too! When my hair had its usual thickness, the small would. not. fit. in a ponytail. But a medium would slide out after a while. A smedium would be perfect :p

Jessaka
April 2nd, 2009, 04:26 PM
Yes, we should request a Smedium! ^__^ LOL.

nicolina
April 2nd, 2009, 04:43 PM
These look really good! Does anyone know if you can get them in the UK without mail-ordering them from the US?

Kina
April 2nd, 2009, 08:32 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2842&pictureid=35665 medium sapphire butterfly

love it for this, I bought a large one as well, but it's got garnet beads and a dangly that scares me. My hair eats things and i'm afraid the dangly will get tangled, so i'll probably only wear it with a bun...

Pixna
April 3rd, 2009, 06:56 AM
Nicolina, I think (but am not positive) that they can only be ordered from the website. Write to them and inquire.

Kina, that is simply beautiful in your gorgeous hair. What size flexi is that?

Kina
April 3rd, 2009, 07:27 AM
thank you, that's a medium. I went along with the sites recommendations for thin hair, since my hair is fine and there's not all that much of it, but it seems small to me.

Pixna
April 3rd, 2009, 07:56 AM
It doesn't look small, Kina, it looks just right. I think what is most important is how it feels to you -- if it's snug but not pulling, it's probably the right size. You could always try a large, but that might be too big. I am using an extra-small for my half-up, and that looks tiny to me, but it holds better than the small, for now at least.

julya
April 3rd, 2009, 11:49 PM

My hair does seem to get caught between the beads, especially in the XL. I think that the beads are not quite tight enough on the wire on that one. The other ones I ordered don't seem to have that problem. I still love them though, and think that they are lovely!

Katla
April 4th, 2009, 02:00 AM

2b-ish hair, waist length here. My Flexi-8s have lasted fine so far, but I still give my new XLs wary looks on occasion when I do my buns :o It just seems like a lot of hair to hold for something that's basically metal wire. But so far they're doing just fine.

I haven't had a problem with my hair getting caught on any of my plain Flexis. One of my mediums have dangles, and they do occasionally get wrapped up in a hair or two, but nothing I can't easily detangle again. The beads on my XLs are a pretty snug fit, so there isn't much room on those for wayward hair to get caught up.

KarenLynn
April 4th, 2009, 10:48 AM
My new Flexi-8s arrived a little while ago. One is for my sister and, um, the rest for me. :o

The left one is a small, the other two extra small

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/KarenLynn/April%202009/IMG_7201.jpg

Mediums. Left to right black, red, green metallic, aurora borealis.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/KarenLynn/April%202009/IMG_7205.jpg

Larges. The pink faery one is for my sister. The middle one is all wonky - the loops are different sizes, and the bottom of each is bigger than the top. Not wonderful, though I guess I should see how it works and looks in my hair before debating sending it back. The right one has purple metallic beads - and a butterfly in the middle. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/KarenLynn/April%202009/IMG_7210.jpg

annie09
April 4th, 2009, 01:23 PM
My new Flexi-8s arrived a little while ago. One is for my sister and, um, the rest for me. :o

The left one is a small, the other two extra small

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/KarenLynn/April%202009/IMG_7201.jpg

Mediums. Left to right black, red, green metallic, aurora borealis.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/KarenLynn/April%202009/IMG_7205.jpg

Larges. The pink faery one is for my sister. The middle one is all wonky - the loops are different sizes, and the bottom of each is bigger than the top. Not wonderful, though I guess I should see how it works and looks in my hair before debating sending it back. The right one has purple metallic beads - and a butterfly in the middle. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/KarenLynn/April%202009/IMG_7210.jpg
the red one is stunning beautifull collection :):):)

Pixna
April 4th, 2009, 02:15 PM
What a lovely and diverse collection, KarenLynn. Let us know how the wonky one works out. If you have to send it back, I'd be curious to hear how they respond and handle it.

KarenLynn
April 4th, 2009, 02:31 PM
annie09 and Pixna - thank you! I have mostly plain gold or silver ones from before, and wanted to branch out into more colors. I'm very happy with them. :D Pixna, I'll let you know what happens.

Sherri
April 4th, 2009, 04:04 PM
the red one is stunning beautifull collection :):):)
Is the middle piece in the red one princess tiara?

KarenLynn
April 4th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Sherri - no, it's a round, flower-like thing with a red stone in the middle and also one very short dangle with another red stone. The picture on the flexi-8 website (http://www.flexi8.com/0977.html) shows it better.

Sherri
April 4th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Sherri - no, it's a round, flower-like thing with a red stone in the middle and also one very short dangle with another red stone. The picture on the flexi-8 website (http://www.flexi8.com/0977.html) shows it better.
Oh, I see it now. I wasn't looking at it right. I went to the site and could find it cause I was looking for the wrong thing. I like it it is very pretty.

LHGypsyRose
April 5th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Is it true that you can custom order an XXL flexi 8? I sent them and e-mail yesterday and I am still waiting for a response to this question, but I thought I would see what you all can tell me about it. Thanks:blossom:

eadwine
April 6th, 2009, 12:20 AM
Yes it is true. Just read back a bit.

carinkla
April 6th, 2009, 04:35 AM
yep my custom made xxl...
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8976/xxl1.th.jpg (http://img403.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xxl1.jpg)
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/2715/xxl2.th.jpg (http://img211.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xxl2.jpg)

Phalaenopsis
April 6th, 2009, 04:40 AM
Does anyone else have problems with inserting the extra small flexi in their hair?
I'm getting annoyed by it. A flexi should be "insert and go" and suddenly I have to fiddle a lot... :rolleyes:

A small in a half up isn't that secure anymore, but XS is not so easy to insert, because okay, I have to make sure I don't take too much hair, but secondly, it's so small... (extra small actually :p)

Katla
April 6th, 2009, 10:16 AM
I am such an enabler :o I was at a café today with a friend, and at the table next to us were two girls my age with waist-length hair. One of them complimented my Flexi-8, and before I knew it, I was busy writing down the address and a note about the discount code for them :p Shiny temptations must be shared!

LHGypsyRose
April 6th, 2009, 11:11 AM
yep my custom made xxl...
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8976/xxl1.th.jpg (http://img403.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xxl1.jpg)
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/2715/xxl2.th.jpg (http://img211.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xxl2.jpg)

Thank you very much Carlinka:) I am still waiting for a response from them so I'll just try to be patient for now. Your Flexis and up-dos in the pictures are really beautiful by the way. It makes want one now! lol

SolSara
April 7th, 2009, 11:31 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3632/3420946589_12f04038fb_m.jpg (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3632/3420946589_12f04038fb_b.jpg)

Here is my complete collection of Flexi-8s. :D They are XS, S, 2 M:s, L and XL. I love them all, but the XL is my favorite, because it covers a bun very easily and since it's blue it matches most of my clothes perfectly.. :rolleyes:

DolphinPrincess
April 7th, 2009, 05:59 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3632/3420946589_12f04038fb_m.jpg (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3632/3420946589_12f04038fb_b.jpg)

Here is my complete collection of Flexi-8s. :D They are XS, S, 2 M:s, L and XL. I love them all, but the XL is my favorite, because it covers a bun very easily and since it's blue it matches most of my clothes perfectly.. :rolleyes:

These are beautiful! You have most of my favorite styles! :eyebrows::D

Jessaka
April 7th, 2009, 06:43 PM
SolSara - Beautiful collection ^__^ I really like the XL size too!