PDA

View Full Version : Waist | Hip

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Vanilla
May 3rd, 2014, 08:15 AM
I trimmed back to waist from nearly hip in March. I'm reaching back for hip now, I've got a few inches to get back there.

inanna
May 5th, 2014, 06:45 AM
Congratulations on graduating to the next thread, LauraLongLocks!

I dipped my toe in the waist to tailbone thread, but really this is where it's at for me for a while yet. Originally I was going for waist length hair, then I thought hip would be my final goal, but now I think I wouldn't mind hair that was just a bit longer. Finns have a proverb along the lines of "you get hungrier as you eat", and I'm certainly proving that to be true when it comes to growing hair. :rolleyes:

It's been about a month since I did my very first self-trim and I haven't measured my growth, but I'm planning on maintaining somewhere between waist and hip, possibly letting my hair creep towards hip length and beyond but not stressing about it. I've found a few splits already and snipped them off with my fancy scissors, and I'll be trimming off a bit more in a month.

I think most of my taper now is down to just rough handling, so hopefully putting some benign back in my neglect will help remedy it. I comb and brush my hair a lot less now than I did when I first came to LHC, which is probably good for my hair.

I'm still sort of in the funk I complained about earlier, I have a feeling I should be doing something a bit more interesting with my hair but I tend to default back to a Dutch braid. I lust after Ketylos and hair forks but can't really justify the prices to myself. I did try a crown braid for May 1st, but my husband kindly informed me I look like Yulia Tymoshenko so I'm not sure whether to classify that as a success (her braid is massive) or a failure (apparently I look like someone imitating a Ukrainian milkmaid). :p

LauraLongLocks
May 5th, 2014, 05:14 PM
Congratulations on graduating to the next thread, LauraLongLocks!

I dipped my toe in the waist to tailbone thread, but really this is where it's at for me for a while yet. Originally I was going for waist length hair, then I thought hip would be my final goal, but now I think I wouldn't mind hair that was just a bit longer. Finns have a proverb along the lines of "you get hungrier as you eat", and I'm certainly proving that to be true when it comes to growing hair. :rolleyes:

It's been about a month since I did my very first self-trim and I haven't measured my growth, but I'm planning on maintaining somewhere between waist and hip, possibly letting my hair creep towards hip length and beyond but not stressing about it. I've found a few splits already and snipped them off with my fancy scissors, and I'll be trimming off a bit more in a month.

I think most of my taper now is down to just rough handling, so hopefully putting some benign back in my neglect will help remedy it. I comb and brush my hair a lot less now than I did when I first came to LHC, which is probably good for my hair.

I'm still sort of in the funk I complained about earlier, I have a feeling I should be doing something a bit more interesting with my hair but I tend to default back to a Dutch braid. I lust after Ketylos and hair forks but can't really justify the prices to myself. I did try a crown braid for May 1st, but my husband kindly informed me I look like Yulia Tymoshenko so I'm not sure whether to classify that as a success (her braid is massive) or a failure (apparently I look like someone imitating a Ukrainian milkmaid). :p Thank you. You know, an inexpensive plastic hair stick can work until you decide to invest in a more expensive hair stick or fork. There's nothing wrong with a dutch braid, though. Sounds like you have a good plan for maintaining and thickening your hair, and that you've figured out the cause of your taper. Good luck!

inanna
May 5th, 2014, 11:30 PM
Thank you for the tip, LauraLongLocks! I do have a pair of el cheapo plastic hairsticks, as well as a few repurposed chopsticks, so I can experiment with stick-held buns. The smooth straight sticks tend to slide out of my hair quite easily though, which is why I'd love a more curvy one. And on a purely vain note, the chopsticks are long enough to make my buns look tiny. :p

I think part of the general blahness is due to what's being discussed in another thread - I've reached my intermediate goal and this is where patience comes into the picture. Not purposefully growing further means I won't see much tangible progress in the foreseeable future. But there's a thicker braid tassel waiting for me at the other end!

Katlette
May 6th, 2014, 08:03 AM
I'm still sort of in the funk I complained about earlier, I have a feeling I should be doing something a bit more interesting with my hair but I tend to default back to a Dutch braid. I lust after Ketylos and hair forks but can't really justify the prices to myself. I did try a crown braid for May 1st, but my husband kindly informed me I look like Yulia Tymoshenko so I'm not sure whether to classify that as a success (her braid is massive) or a failure (apparently I look like someone imitating a Ukrainian milkmaid). :p

I don't really belong on this thread (still an inch to go!) but just have to comment on this. I got the exact same remarks, independently, from three different members of my family in Finland when I last visited. I was wearing crown braids well before every was paying so much attention to Tymoshenko's hair! :p But definitely take it as a compliment - her hair is huge.

inanna
May 6th, 2014, 08:48 AM
Katlette, wow! Now I'm wondering if maybe Finland as a nation has an unhealthy obsession about Ms Tymoshenko's hair. ;)

I don't know if it's backlash from the crown braid but I'm trying to wear my hair down today, in an effort to shake things up a bit. It's really hot under here, how did I do this as a teenager? I'm slowly starting to understand all the longhairs who seldom leave their glorious manes down!

sourgrl
May 6th, 2014, 09:27 AM
Lovely hair, LauraLongLocks!

höpönasu
June 16th, 2014, 06:32 AM
I'm joining. :cookie: :o

sourgrl
June 16th, 2014, 06:41 AM
Welcome höpönasu!

LauraLongLocks
June 16th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Thank you for the tip, LauraLongLocks! I do have a pair of el cheapo plastic hairsticks, as well as a few repurposed chopsticks, so I can experiment with stick-held buns. The smooth straight sticks tend to slide out of my hair quite easily though, which is why I'd love a more curvy one. And on a purely vain note, the chopsticks are long enough to make my buns look tiny. :p

I think part of the general blahness is due to what's being discussed in another thread - I've reached my intermediate goal and this is where patience comes into the picture. Not purposefully growing further means I won't see much tangible progress in the foreseeable future. But there's a thicker braid tassel waiting for me at the other end!
I know the feeling... my cheap hair sticks are 7.5 inches long, and make my bun look so puny. Cheap hair sticks worked until I was able to get some new fun hair toys though.

Lovely hair, LauraLongLocks! Thank you!

I'm joining. :cookie: :o Ohh, you are bringing cookies to share? Then you are welcome here for sure! ;) Glad you are here, make yourself comfy.

leilani
June 16th, 2014, 10:30 AM
I'm joining too, I didn't know there was a waist to hip, I only saw waist to tailbone! I think a realistic goal would be Hip by Christmas 2014 for me, since I'm right at waist but really fresh ends from a cut last week so I am good to grow with only the tiniest microtrims or just S&D between now and the end of the year.

höpönasu
June 16th, 2014, 12:52 PM
Thank you lovely ladies sourgrl and LauraLongLocks! :flower:
Oh, not only cookies! :chocolate: too. :o
I won't post my recent picture here because I already spammed it in LHC Facebok group and BSL to Waist thread. I also posted it in my blog and have it as my avatar. :laugh:

Heavy Raindrops
July 2nd, 2014, 06:53 AM
Have been on hip for a while but I didn't realize! :) Next goal is tailbone now. :D

sourgrl
July 2nd, 2014, 07:03 AM
Congrats Heavy Raindrops!

Johannah
July 2nd, 2014, 10:30 AM
Have been on hip for a while but I didn't realize! :) Next goal is tailbone now. :D

Congrats! :)

Heavy Raindrops
July 2nd, 2014, 04:45 PM
Thanks sourgrl and Johannah. :D

Johannah
July 3rd, 2014, 02:35 AM
I'm actually (almost) at hip as well but my hair is so thin at the bottom, it still looks like I'm at waist. So I keep cutting my hair till 31" to thicken up my hemline. :)

mariakatija
July 3rd, 2014, 09:37 PM
Congrats to all who have reached hip! I may now join you!

http://i923.photobucket.com/albums/ad76/marijakatija/IMG_3247_zpsc9b4131a.jpg (http://s923.photobucket.com/user/marijakatija/media/IMG_3247_zpsc9b4131a.jpg.html)

Johannah
July 3rd, 2014, 11:09 PM
Congrats, mariakatija! Your hair looks lovely!!

mariakatija
July 4th, 2014, 01:22 PM
Thanks Johannah! You have some lovely hair too! I've always admired it!

Johannah
July 5th, 2014, 12:54 AM
Thanks Johannah! You have some lovely hair too! I've always admired it!

Aww, thank you!!

höpönasu
July 13th, 2014, 06:32 AM
Sticky mess - oil treatment didn't want to wash away off my ends - but I was so anxious. Plus I've been having these gravings for shorter hair so... Huge picture, don't know how to resize. Better one in my blog!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-jlZ2nUYVXN4/U8J7E2YrNYI/AAAAAAAABUc/TNw3AMfLuR0/s1600/WP_20140713_15_19_02_Pro%5B1%5D.jpg

Xan
July 13th, 2014, 06:48 AM
I am so with you I am at your length now but want more. Had tailbone at one point then choped more than a foot off miss it. :(

lapushka
July 13th, 2014, 06:52 AM
Pretty, höpönasu, and great you've made it to hip! On to the next thread. :D Yay! :cheer:

DreamSheep
August 15th, 2014, 05:05 PM
I'm not sure if I'm quite at hip yet or now - I feel like my longest hair layer may have reached that point, but most of my hair is yet to catch up - so I feel this is the right thread for me to join, hopefully there are more people on the same hair-length journey as me!

Here's my starting point :)
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/magikspiffy/IMG_20140805_132925.jpg

Caraid♫
August 15th, 2014, 05:12 PM
Dreamsheep, it looks like the longest part of your hair has reached hip to me! :) very pretty hair- I love the layers!

lapushka
August 15th, 2014, 05:15 PM
I'm not sure if I'm quite at hip yet or now - I feel like my longest hair layer may have reached that point, but most of my hair is yet to catch up - so I feel this is the right thread for me to join, hopefully there are more people on the same hair-length journey as me!

Here's my starting point :)
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/magikspiffy/IMG_20140805_132925.jpg

That for sure is hip! Congrats! :D

ladyshep
August 15th, 2014, 05:59 PM
I am so with you I am at your length now but want more. Had tailbone at one point then choped more than a foot off miss it. :(

Yeah, that's why I am coming back to this place. I don't want to cut more off and then end up regretting it.

Beautiful hair gals!

höpönasu
August 16th, 2014, 10:49 AM
It's my 1st hairiversary!
I'm back because I'm recovering from my last month's trim. It FEELS a lot longer, it is covering my boobs so it's almost at where it was before the trim. :nono:
Blue is a year ago, red i where it was at longest when oiled and damp.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KIuX6yWbXo8/U-8UGUizMQI/AAAAAAAABsE/2-JmxtfIfUQ/s1600/PicsArt_16_8_2014%2B11_17_58.jpg

Johannah
August 16th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Your hair looks really beautiful and thick, hoponasu!

MsPharaohMoan
August 25th, 2014, 07:29 PM
Hello all! It seems as though I had just gotten to waist when suddenly my hair is creeping up onto hip length. Does anyone else have a freakishly short length between their waist and hips?

Johannah
August 26th, 2014, 02:18 AM
Hello all! It seems as though I had just gotten to waist when suddenly my hair is creeping up onto hip length. Does anyone else have a freakishly short length between their waist and hips?

There are a lot of people who have this! For me there's a difference of 3" :)

Sarahlabyrinth
August 26th, 2014, 03:23 AM
I have just reached hip - it snuck up on me when I wasn't looking - so I'm off to lurk in the hip to BCL thread for a while....

LauraLongLocks
August 30th, 2014, 07:13 PM
Congratulations, Sarahlabyrinth!

rowie
August 30th, 2014, 07:19 PM
I have just reached hip - it snuck up on me when I wasn't looking - so I'm off to lurk in the hip to BCL thread for a while....

Congrats! I went back to this thread cause the other thread seems dead.:laugh:

Eta: I'm confused or I'm confusing this thread with another.

I think the hip to bcl is already combined or covered in the waist to tailbone?

sourgrl
August 30th, 2014, 08:22 PM
I'm not sure which thread is more active, Rowie but I'm with you: clip it or stick it! ;)

czech it out
August 30th, 2014, 08:30 PM
Just checking in! I made it to waist recently (during a little hiatus from LHC) and now I'm back and headed to hip! Here's a photo of my progress since joining. I'm so happy with how my hair is growing. :happydance:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12705&d=1409011623

Sarahlabyrinth
August 31st, 2014, 03:17 AM
[QUOTE=czech it out;2808697]Just checking in! I made it to waist recently (during a little hiatus from LHC) and now I'm back and headed to hip! Here's a photo of my progress since joining. I'm so happy with how my hair is growing. :happydance:

Aaand so you should be, your hair is looking magnificent!

czech it out
August 31st, 2014, 05:49 PM
Sarahlabyrinth, eek! Thank you! Yours is absolutely gorgeous.

Sarahlabyrinth
August 31st, 2014, 10:46 PM
Thanks, Czech it out! :)

Crumpet
August 31st, 2014, 11:04 PM
Just checking in! I made it to waist recently (during a little hiatus from LHC) and now I'm back and headed to hip! Here's a photo of my progress since joining. I'm so happy with how my hair is growing. :happydance:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12705&d=1409011623

Gorgeous!!

Johannah
September 2nd, 2014, 07:03 AM

Oh my goodness! Beautiful!

Josie Rae
September 2nd, 2014, 08:05 PM
I know Im joining like 6 years after you guys started this thread... but I was wondering if Im too late? I just found this forum and I feel like Ive just come home.... ;) Ive needed a place like this for so many years... but I had no idea that they even existed. But Ive found LHC and Im so glad I did, I was recently thinking about cutting my hair again cause I just am sick of having the long hair that people touch and then I never know how to fix it.... :/ anyways then I was on Pinterest and changed my mind, decided to grow it out... :) Well then I found LHC and Im so glad I chose to do that. :) So am I to late? Right now I am at 33" and I would like to reach 50 inches... which for me lands a little above my knee, but for now Im just thinking about getting it to my hip, so if its not to late to join... I would love to do it with you ladies... ;)
Thanks...

Johannah
September 3rd, 2014, 05:27 AM
It's never too late to join! ;) welcome!

kjani
September 6th, 2014, 07:30 AM
...I am at waist which was originally my goal, maintained for 3 months but suddenly I'd like to go longer, that is after I almost cut it all off - thank heavens I got beyond that.
And so I am joining this thread to grow with you all to hip :)

Johannah
September 6th, 2014, 08:27 AM
...I am at waist which was originally my goal, maintained for 3 months but suddenly I'd like to go longer, that is after I almost cut it all off - thank heavens I got beyond that.
And so I am joining this thread to grow with you all to hip :)

Welcome! ;)

Akville
September 6th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Sarahlabyrinth, very nice...

FrozenBritannia
September 6th, 2014, 03:28 PM
I made it to hip about a month ago! Moving on to tailbone.

Johannah
September 7th, 2014, 04:04 AM
I made it to hip about a month ago! Moving on to tailbone.

Congrats! :blossom:

leilani
September 7th, 2014, 05:16 AM
I think my heart is more in this thread than the tbl thread. I'm not sure I want longer than solid hip, long layers with thick ends, virgin color, chemical dye damage grown out. I wonder if I'm the only WL longhair who is only looking to get to hip and then maintain a nice hemline?
Probably because I wear my hair down!! :-)

Johannah
September 7th, 2014, 06:34 AM
I think my heart is more in this thread than the tbl thread. I'm not sure I want longer than solid hip, long layers with thick ends, virgin color, chemical dye damage grown out. I wonder if I'm the only WL longhair who is only looking to get to hip and then maintain a nice hemline?

I let my hair grow for the rest of this year. Then I'll be a bit past hip and I'll be maintaining as well to get a nice hemline. Originally my plan is to grow to BCL but maybe I think hip is enough when my ends are thicker. So you're not the only one ;)

FrozenBritannia
September 7th, 2014, 09:08 AM

I'm planning on maintaining at tailbone for a while to get rid of my layers, or at least most of them. Tailbone was my original long hair goal, but now that it is only a few inches away (and only one inch away when wet!) I feel it might not be long enough, lol.

Johannah
September 7th, 2014, 09:20 AM
I'm planning on maintaining at tailbone for a while to get rid of my layers, or at least most of them. Tailbone was my original long hair goal, but now that it is only a few inches away (and only one inch away when wet!) I feel it might not be long enough, lol.

I've changed my hair goal at least 2000 times since I joined, lol. Side effects of being an LHC member I'm afraid :p

bunzfan
September 7th, 2014, 09:22 AM
Hmmmm i'm almost hip length with braid waves so that must mean i am getting past it in its natural state.

FrozenBritannia
September 7th, 2014, 09:56 AM
I've changed my hair goal at least 2000 times since I joined, lol. Side effects of being an LHC member I'm afraid :p

Someone should post a warning: exposure may cause perception of hair length to change ;)

Johannah
September 7th, 2014, 01:07 PM
Someone should post a warning: exposure may cause perception of hair length to change ;)

Haha, yes! And another warning: membership might end in rehab for hair toy addiction. ;)

FrozenBritannia
September 7th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Haha, yes! And another warning: membership might end in rehab for hair toy addiction. ;)

Tell me about it, If shipping wasn't so much I'd need real help.

Johannah
September 7th, 2014, 01:19 PM
Tell me about it, If shipping wasn't so much I'd need real help.

:tmi::tmi: Flexi's. Flexi's everywhere. :tmi::tmi:

:p

leilani
September 24th, 2014, 02:54 PM
I wanted to bump this thread for some love. I think tailbone length is years away from me at this rate, since I can't help but trim and it's six inches away.... But hip I think I can get to! I don't know when, but I think i can get there with nice ends, and unprecedented health/thickness since I'm almost a year off the bleach!

sourgrl
September 24th, 2014, 05:39 PM
Welcome, Leilani!

Johannah
September 25th, 2014, 02:49 AM
I wanted to bump this thread for some love. I think tailbone length is years away from me at this rate, since I can't help but trim and it's six inches away.... But hip I think I can get to! I don't know when, but I think i can get there with nice ends, and unprecedented health/thickness since I'm almost a year off the bleach!

Welcome! :blossom:

alishaxmarie
September 26th, 2014, 03:00 PM
I'm just going to cross post this from the waist to TBL thread:

So last night I did an overnight oil pre-wash with EVOO on the length, then this afternoon I microtrimmed since it's a waxing moon and then shampooed with Suave Naturals. I followed the shampoo with the gelatin protein treatment since I wanted to try it on squeaky clean hair (and I usually CO-wash). I left that on for 10-20 mins followed by a deep conditioning treatment for 15-30 mins and now my hair is air-drying I haven't touched it so maybe when my bf gets here I'll take a proper hair-typing photo since I've never bothered with that before... Does anyone else prefer to do hair treatments and wash right before/at the start of the weekend?

leilani
September 26th, 2014, 03:52 PM
I do! After my weeks exercise is done Saturday morning and I'm not planning to get sweaty until Monday, & I love nice weekend hair!

silvurgrin
October 23rd, 2014, 08:32 PM
I finally made it to waist, so it looks like I'm in this thread now! My hair grows pretty fast, and I've got a few inches till hip, so maybe by easter? Fingers crossed...

UP Lisa
October 24th, 2014, 06:37 AM
I finally made it to waist, so it looks like I'm in this thread now! My hair grows pretty fast, and I've got a few inches till hip, so maybe by easter? Fingers crossed...

Yeah!!! I always like to see a Fine hair make it to the longer lengths.

silvurgrin
October 25th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Yeah!!! I always like to see a Fine hair make it to the longer lengths.

Maybe if I find the time I'll post a pic later.

UP Lisa
October 27th, 2014, 06:51 AM
Maybe if I find the time I'll post a pic later.

I'd like to see it.

ZeppHead
October 27th, 2014, 07:25 AM
Im going for waist to hip right now and I cant wait! Im loving everyday of this journey because my hair finally feels long to me. I have combatted damage in the past that has kept me from having longer than bsl hair here's mine now:

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3934/15455178767_32c3cda8b6.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/pxHQcr)2014-10-27 07.49.27 (https://flic.kr/p/pxHQcr) by tattooed_metal_barbie (https://www.flickr.com/people/87709754@N08/), on Flickr

xsweetpotatox
October 29th, 2014, 04:32 PM
I think I just need to stop measuring. I'm driving myself crazy, and I'm nowhere near hip length.

Johannah
November 1st, 2014, 11:32 AM
I think I just need to stop measuring. I'm driving myself crazy, and I'm nowhere near hip length.

I quit measuring for this reason and it's amazing.

FuzzyBlackWaves
November 8th, 2014, 09:02 PM
I can finally check in to this thread! Here's where my hair is up to currently. I got a trim a couple of days ago so my ends are looking a lot better.

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u605/NikkiBik/IMG_4851_zpse166f824.jpg (http://s1324.photobucket.com/user/NikkiBik/media/IMG_4851_zpse166f824.jpg.html)

leilani
November 10th, 2014, 05:37 AM
Sexy picture, fuzzy black waves!

FuzzyBlackWaves
December 4th, 2014, 03:08 PM
Thankyou leilani!

hollygail3
December 8th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Hi! I'm a newbie to LHC and also to WL. At least, I believe I'm at WL. My longest layers hit my waist but the shorter ones do not. You can see my image below. I'm wearing a form-fitting tank top and I believe my natural waist is fairly obvious.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-rU3RSp2_zOc/VHtFEIhEULI/AAAAAAAAJzc/78gTk_zUvic/w522-h666-no/1417364746025.jpg

ellemichelle
December 10th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Hi all! I'm brand new to LHC and fairly new to WL hair. My ultimate goal is terminal length and I'm hoping that will be at least tailbone length. I'm excited to get to know others with long hair and get tips on how to keep growing it out and styling it.

xsweetpotatox
December 10th, 2014, 09:04 AM
Welcome to LHC, ellemichelle!

Nymphea
December 10th, 2014, 10:06 AM
I think I'm at hip again! I'll post a picture soon, I've had a time of benign neglect after going from TBL to somewhere under waist for the second time I think, so I haven't noticed that my hair has got long again (in my mind waist is "short" and hip is the first stage of "long" :D ). My friend told me today that I'm at hip again, so I'll check it soon to see it myself.

It's funny how hair seems to be growing fast when we don't pay attention! :D

leilani
December 14th, 2014, 12:50 AM
I was around waist and chopped an inch per week between thanksgiving and now and now I'm....still at waist. But my ends are so thick and nice! I love it. I'm so done caring about length and hitting tailbone, I just want to like my hair again. I've hated the thin ends from the whole thing being drastically layered (I love the face frame but now I just section the part in front of my ears and compact cut it for front layers) last spring, and I've finally cut most of those out in the back! I hate the henna color but that will take a long time before it's off my head and down to my shoulders where it won't clash with my face anymore..... More than another year but oh will 2016 be sweet when the orange glow is just an ombre. But now that my ends are lovely I think I will grow to hip unless I see the ends looking like they need another chop! For now they are yummy and lush and I expect it to last for a few months at least. Plus I'm pregnant so my growth should be good!

Nymphea
December 15th, 2014, 08:47 AM
Leilani, I understand you completely! I was also all about the growth to tailbone, then to classic, but suddenly I've changed my goal from length to thick hemline and soft ends! So I'm traveling from taibone to waist to hip to waist to hip to tailbone to hip.... etc. And it feels nice. :)

Here's my current length (messy hair, bad angle, bad photo, bad mobile camera, bad everything... but it'll do the job of length-checking). I'll see what I'm going to do next. It's a new feeling - without a damage, I'm so free to decide if I would cut or not. :D

http://i61.tinypic.com/2i296r6.jpg

DreamSheep
December 15th, 2014, 09:04 AM
Wow, hollygail - that's a beautiful mane you have :)
Welcome to the forum and happy growing

Scarlet_Heart
December 25th, 2014, 12:05 PM
I love it, Nymphea! I wouldn't touch it for now. Beau-ti-ful. :thud:

I'm trucking along, <2" to hip. I think I'm going to maintain there. That was the goal I set for myself, and I think I'll stop there for now (while I grow out my tragic bangs).

urs
December 25th, 2014, 02:52 PM
Hi guys, I think that I can now join this group. :D.
I have posted this pic in the other parts of thee forum, so I apologise to thst. This is todays pic

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag185/urisha17/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG-20141225-00482_zps9db0a7f4.jpg (http://s1368.photobucket.com/user/urisha17/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG-20141225-00482_zps9db0a7f4.jpg.html)

Scarlet_Heart
December 26th, 2014, 01:07 PM
Very pretty, urs! And may I say, that is a really lovely dress.

Here is a current length shot for me. One hand at natural waist, the other at hip (lucky I can find my waist at 3 months pregnant :p). I would say, in about 2 more inches, I'll call it solidly hip-length. And that was my goal, so long as it stayed thick looking toward the end, and *fingers crossed* it has. So I'm going to keep it there for a while, once I get there. Don't mind my tragic bangs sticking out the top. I was wearing a headband today to pretend they don't exist.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h114/eelaynuh/Hair/DSC00788_zpsa1ac797e.jpg (http://s62.photobucket.com/user/eelaynuh/media/Hair/DSC00788_zpsa1ac797e.jpg.html)

lapushka
December 26th, 2014, 03:04 PM

Here is a current length shot for me. One hand at natural waist, the other at hip (lucky I can find my waist at 3 months pregnant :p). I would say, in about 2 more inches, I'll call it solidly hip-length. And that was my goal, so long as it stayed thick looking toward the end, and *fingers crossed* it has. So I'm going to keep it there for a while, once I get there. Don't mind my tragic bangs sticking out the top. I was wearing a headband today to pretend they don't exist.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h114/eelaynuh/Hair/DSC00788_zpsa1ac797e.jpg (http://s62.photobucket.com/user/eelaynuh/media/Hair/DSC00788_zpsa1ac797e.jpg.html)

I think you're hip already. That's just my opinion, though. :o

Ambrielle
December 26th, 2014, 03:09 PM

i'd have to agree with lapushka, i'd say you're brushing hip already and solid hip perhaps where your other hand is? Beautiful hair!

wilderwein
December 26th, 2014, 03:47 PM
Can please someone point me where is my hip? I'm really confused...
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14778&d=1418304747

Scarlet_Heart
December 26th, 2014, 05:50 PM

:agape: Wow... Is your hair gray/white or platinum blonde? Either way it's beeaauuutiful.

The way I find hip is to squeeze around my hip-area and find the pointy hip bone. Then I place my forefinger on it and wrap my thumb around to the back so I can see where it is in a photo. It looks like you might be just about there.

Thanks to those who said I'm there already. I would like to get another inch or two anyway just to get close to my posterior :eyebrows: (however, I do not want any hair to cover my butt).

wilderwein
December 27th, 2014, 01:59 AM
:agape: Wow... Is your hair gray/white or platinum blonde? Either way it's beeaauuutiful.

The way I find hip is to squeeze around my hip-area and find the pointy hip bone. Then I place my forefinger on it and wrap my thumb around to the back so I can see where it is in a photo. It looks like you might be just about there.

Thanks to those who said I'm there already. I would like to get another inch or two anyway just to get close to my posterior :eyebrows: (however, I do not want any hair to cover my butt).

Ahahahahah they were platinum but I turned back to my natural hair color, well my hip is kinda pointy(front side) and long from the back side I already grab the bone (back side) but from the front side I still have some inches to reach the pointest part of my hip bone...? what da **** is wrong with my body? o_o' I mean when it will reach the pointy part of the front it will also reach the BCL from the back

leilani
December 27th, 2014, 02:28 AM

Gorgeous hair! & we are pregnancy twins, I'm also about 3 months pregnant and having "what's a waistline?" issues!

Johannah
December 27th, 2014, 04:42 AM

Looks like hip, indeed! You have such a beautiful color (I always noticed this in your updo-pictures as well) :flower:

Scarlet_Heart
December 27th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Ahahahahah they were platinum but I turned back to my natural hair color, well my hip is kinda pointy(front side) and long from the back side I already grab the bone (back side) but from the front side I still have some inches to reach the pointest part of my hip bone...? what da **** is wrong with my body? o_o' I mean when it will reach the pointy part of the front it will also reach the BCL from the back

What is your natural hair color, if I may ask? Mine is ash brown and I've been growing out my henna for about 2 or 2.5 years now. The lighting in this picture isn't the best, but I guess my henna is present from my shoulders down.

I just go by my hip bone in the front. I can't feel my hips in the back. It's too "fleshy" back there. ;)

Mimha
December 27th, 2014, 11:20 AM
(...)
Here's my current length (messy hair, bad angle, bad photo, bad mobile camera, bad everything... but it'll do the job of length-checking). I'll see what I'm going to do next. It's a new feeling - without a damage, I'm so free to decide if I would cut or not. :D

http://i61.tinypic.com/2i296r6.jpg

Bad everything... except the hair, lol. Your hair is beautiful and nicely dense all the way (with cute curls at the end !) :) I think your choice of working on the quality is really paying off. I hope I can have the same gorgeous hair when it's growing longer ! (now not BSL yet^^) :pray:

Ambrielle
December 27th, 2014, 12:30 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14778&d=1418304747

wow the colour and wave pattern! :crush:

lapushka
December 27th, 2014, 01:11 PM

I think you're just brushing hip.

wilderwein
December 27th, 2014, 06:05 PM
What is your natural hair color, if I may ask? Mine is ash brown and I've been growing out my henna for about 2 or 2.5 years now. The lighting in this picture isn't the best, but I guess my henna is present from my shoulders down.

I just go by my hip bone in the front. I can't feel my hips in the back. It's too "fleshy" back there. ;)

It's a dark ash blonde I believe, I am currently growing it out too hahahaha
Actually I cant really see the demarcation line in your hair, it blended so well it seems natural!

Ahahahahaha you have to see me trying to reach my hip in the back/side I'm literally poking my finger into the skin!

Thank you so much Ambrielle (although I dyed it now close to my natural hair color)

Oh thanks lapushka I'm gonna wait for 2 more inches to name it hip length
(and them one or two more inches for the BCL MUHAHAHAHAHAHHA)

iYaap
December 28th, 2014, 05:22 AM

Wow your hair is jaw dropping! This color, this length, waves!

wilderwein
December 28th, 2014, 05:27 AM
iYaap Oooh thanks a loot!!! I don't have this hair color anymore tho
Please tell me that your avatar hair color is your natural hair color???? And if yes, can you please borrow me your genetics?????

iYaap
December 28th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Hi Wilderwein :D

I washed my hair with blonde shampoo a while in the summer. I think I got some blonder then.
Still want my genetics? I think nothing is impossible in the near future as DNA is no secret anymore!
I would definitely wear your hair too :D

wilderwein
December 28th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Hi Wilderwein :D

I washed my hair with blonde shampoo a while in the summer. I think I got some blonder then.
Still want my genetics? I think nothing is impossible in the near future as DNA is no secret anymore!
I would definitely wear your hair too :D

Did blonde shampoo ligthened your hair??? wow thats a great alternative for my natural hair color too (dark ash blonde) instead of bleach! We have to make something about blonde heads! I somewhere read an article that we risk to extinct!

iYaap
December 28th, 2014, 01:05 PM
Did blonde shampoo ligthened your hair??? wow thats a great alternative for my natural hair color too (dark ash blonde) instead of bleach! We have to make something about blonde heads! I somewhere read an article that we risk to extinct!

see next post

iYaap
December 28th, 2014, 01:12 PM

Or it was the sun or the combination I don't know really.
I studied some genetics at the university but I had to google this one. I doubt that blondes go extinct also wikipedia states that it is a false claim. Pfieuw!!

wilderwein
December 28th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Or it was the sun or the combination I don't know really.
I studied some genetics at the university but I had to google this one. I doubt that blondes go extinct also wikipedia states that it is a false claim. Pfieuw!!

Hmmm I should stay more outside at the summer time!

Unfortunatly it was a greek article in a magazine/newspapper thing, based on the globalization (i'm not sure if is the right word) and the genes mix, It was claiming that the dark genes are stronger and more possible to be transfered than blonde genes when the partners have both and therefore in the future we will all look alike and have darker features.
But it seemed to me TOO SIMPLIFIED when we talk about 7 billion of people in this world with so many years of genes "history" on their DNA

iYaap
December 28th, 2014, 01:33 PM
Hmmm I should stay more outside at the summer time!

Unfortunatly it was a greek article in a magazine/newspapper thing, based on the globalization (i'm not sure if is the right word) and the genes mix, It was claiming that the dark genes are stronger and more possible to be transfered than blonde genes when the partners have both and therefore in the future we will all look alike and have darker features.
But it seemed to me TOO SIMPLIFIED when we talk about 7 billion of people in this world with so many years of genes "history" on their DNA

Yes I think you are right. Wikipedia does say that "unless blondes are positively selected against they will not go extinct". I see no reason for that to happen any time soon as you point out.

wilderwein
December 28th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Yes I think you are right. Wikipedia does say that "unless blondes are positively selected against they will not go extinct". I see no reason for that to happen any time soon as you point out.

Hahahaha we are still special either way! :cool:

iYaap
December 28th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Hahahaha we are still special either way! :cool:

Totally! Keep that in mind! :cool:

NoRush
January 1st, 2015, 08:09 AM
:bottomsup: Hello, hello, I've just moved from the previous thread :)

poopy pic I apologise, but hey ;)

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g168/asukachan87/2014-12-27%2020.07.07_zpscgrpay5y.jpg (http://s56.photobucket.com/user/asukachan87/media/2014-12-27%2020.07.07_zpscgrpay5y.jpg.html)

lapushka
January 1st, 2015, 08:56 AM
Congrats, and welcome to this thread! :)

Johannah
January 1st, 2015, 10:15 AM
Congrats NoRush!

LauraLongLocks
January 1st, 2015, 10:21 AM
Welcome, NoRush. I don't see a smidge of poop in your pic, lol!

I guess I'm past hip enough by now I should leave this thread. Waist to hip was fun!

Breanna
January 1st, 2015, 10:30 AM
NoRush your hair looks so lovely and dark and suuuper soft!
I just recently reached waist so im hoping for hip by the end of the year (with some tiny trims)http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14691&d=1417807044
man everyone's hair looks so pretty at waist, it's such a nice length.

reila18
January 1st, 2015, 06:46 PM
Hi! I'm a newbie at LHC and at this thread! I'm currently waist length, but I have layers a little above bra strap length and want to grow them. I Will post a picture soon:)

reila18
January 2nd, 2015, 05:06 PM
http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah43/Reila18/TOSH0021_zps5d61ddc7.jpg here it iiis

RachelRose
January 2nd, 2015, 08:34 PM
Wow your hair is gorgeous :) love your waves and such a pretty color :))

reila18
January 4th, 2015, 04:38 PM
Aww thank you! :)

Flowerness
January 19th, 2015, 10:14 PM
I'm so excited to be part of the "Waist to Hip" group now! I kept thinking that I wasn't quite waist, or was "can I call it waist," but I'm pretty sure I'm there now. I originally wanted BSL in front. Then I saw this picture online of a fashion blogger with MBL hair... then there was a woman with beautiful long hair in the grocery store... Then I was on LHC! I figured it would be nice to have hair long enough to do in updos OR have hanging down. I hope to hit HL for Springtime 2015 and then maintain it there after that. I would like to be able to have it down if I want, and not be too much trouble. I would LOVE to learn to do updo's and neato braiding like everybody does here.

However... So I recently saw another long hair. TBL or BCL silver waves. My hair wants to BE that hair when it grows up!

It never ends! (But I totally want to stop at HL when I get there, and see how I like it!)

Happy growing everyone!

Brattina88
January 20th, 2015, 12:39 PM
Welp, I guess I'm moving onto this thread now ;)

Oblitory waist pic :p

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq321/missdanabob/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps5bdfe746.jpg (http://s460.photobucket.com/user/missdanabob/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps5bdfe746.jpg.html)

Friday I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, which explains many of my current health issues. I hope and pray that my hair will only improve and not worsen with meds :/

I love everyone's pics! This is my favorite length so far!

NJoy
January 20th, 2015, 07:33 PM
*knocks on the door* Got room for another? :flowers:

I'm hoping to grow to tbl but, everyone in the waist to tbl group seem tbl already and my hair feels so short by comparison. I can't even bring myself to knock on the door. Ah well. I better crawl before I walk. Maybe I'll feel more comfortable when I'm fully at hip. Meantime, I need to be in a long length group to keep myself motivated and moving forward. So, if you ladies don't mind, I'd like to pull up a chair and grow with you.

My hair is tightly curly so, my length checks and length goals are based on stretched or straightened hair. And when I straighten, I won't use high heat to get it bone straight because I don't want to damage my curl pattern. So most pics will be stretched.

Anyhoo, here's my current length pic to get started

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/tonia1c/tonia1c017/90e7cd2f-c1ba-4ec5-8ded-5ac90ea4bb68_zps01ada1d3.jpg

maybeinthemtns
January 20th, 2015, 08:36 PM
Hello, I guess I belong in this thread, too! Everyone's hair looks so long! lol I guess mine is the same length, but in my mind, it doesn't look that long, even though it is to my waist. Onwards to hip! I'm not sure if I'll keep it that long, and I mostly want to maintain at some point to remove damage, but I want to see how I feel about hip before going back to waist. Honestly, I just keep going longer and longer so probably I will end up staying at hip. I don't have a camera, so no length pic, sorry.

Flowerness
January 21st, 2015, 01:59 PM
[B]Brattina88[/B I don't know if this helps any, but when my Mom received the correct dose for her hypothyroidism, it made her hair look so much better! Gone was the severely crispy straw ends! Now, she also uses coconut oil on her skin to support her thyroid and get rid of her psorisis (spelling?). Works wonders, and her hair has never looked better! Good luck! (Your hair is such a pretty color red, too!)

Happy growing, all!

Breanna
January 21st, 2015, 02:36 PM
Sorry I don't post much, but I'm still lurking!
Anyway NJoy your hair looks great! It's gonna be so pretty at hip length, both stretched and natural.

LeMimi13
January 21st, 2015, 03:06 PM
Wondering: how long would waist to hip take? Just a general idea:)

Nique1202
January 21st, 2015, 03:43 PM

I'm only 5'2" (158 cm) and very short-torsoed so my waist is only about 1.5 inches away from my hips, or about 2-3 months' growth. It all depends on where the narrowest part of your waist is versus the very highest part of your hip bones on your sides. Some people might find that a 3 or 4 inch journey, or more! Every body is different and will have different measurements.

(Don't be too jealous of my quick journey, hip is only about 29 inches on me, which isn't even long enough to do a nautilus bun at iii thickness. I'd have to get my hair thinned out massively, and I've already got layers right up to my chin/shoulders to deal with!)

LeMimi13
January 21st, 2015, 03:46 PM
Omg now I wish I was shorter, I'm 5ft9...
I'm dealing with layers too, growing bangs and some short layers in the front.. (lucky I don't have many in the back!! )

Nique1202
January 21st, 2015, 03:52 PM
You wish you were shorter, but my waist- or even hip-length hair is only about as long as probably your BSL/MBL. It just seems longer because I'm all squished vertically. Your hair at hip will look a lot longer than mine, because it WILL be a lot longer!

NJoy
January 21st, 2015, 03:56 PM
Sorry I don't post much, but I'm still lurking!
Anyway NJoy your hair looks great! It's gonna be so pretty at hip length, both stretched and natural.

Thanks, Breanna. I'm looking forward to it! :joy:

Flowerness
March 5th, 2015, 07:57 PM
I've been hesitating about posting a length update... I don't know why, but is it just me or are we harder on ourselves than others? Well, I think I'm in the hip "range" now. I passed hip when washing my hair a bit ago. Then, I took pics and found my hair to be hip-ish when mostly straight. This followed shortly thereafter by hip when kinda wavy- but not totally hugely wavy. I washed my hair last night, trying to encourage the wave- olive oil soak for several hours pre-poo followed with VO5 Conditioning cream on the ends which encourages the flippy/wurly ends for some reason. I did CWC instead of WCC, and finished with ACV for a rinse. Today, my canopy was kinda frizzy and straightish (1c/2a?) while the under layers were totally happy! Curly and wurly up the wazzu! (Weird hair, I know!) I put my hair in a half-up, and the straight bits evened out with the curly bits, and it was all only a smidge above hip. Or my thumb sitting on my hip. (And at the beginning of day 1 hair, after encouraging the curl! Woohoo!) I normally "call it" when I hit the + range. Like: BSL+ etc. So, in a few weeks, I should be HL when wavy/curly on day 1 perhaps? Or in other words: way past hip-ish.

So, I'm "hippy" in my own mind. I can't wait until I can maintain/microtrim for a while! Fresh ends are awesome! (I also look forward to being able to do a hair style/updo/braid and having it end up like it is actually SUPPOSED to end up!)

Yay for hip-py!

(PS: Yes, I know I am a dork. Sorry!)

see_turtle
March 5th, 2015, 08:16 PM
I'm one inch from hip! Should be there by May!

Flowerness
March 6th, 2015, 08:59 PM
Is it just me, or is it so much more complicated to figure you length when you take wave and wurl into question? Sure, its waistish on the curly side, when I washed my hair a certain way only then didn't brush... Or: length at day 2 when waves mostly brushed out but an hour later post spraying leave-in conditioner is different! I'm finding myself using different categories like Day 1 hair, peak waviness hair, kinda wavy, and pretty straight...

So is it just me, or is this all confusing like a gigantic math formula?
HL -1in w/ 2B braidwaves= >2 but <6 weeks incl. .25inch dustings

Dude.

MoonlitWitch
March 6th, 2015, 09:05 PM
Joining here too! About an inch from hip, however I want to be a hip dry with my natural wave pattern/curl so it may be a bit more growing than an inch!

MultiCultiCurly
March 10th, 2015, 12:33 PM
Hello ladies. I think I belong here now :). Hoping to reach hip within the next few months (my hair either takes forever to grow or forever to retain length, or an unlucky combo of the two, trying to figure that out).

Ambrielle
March 10th, 2015, 01:00 PM
Is it just me, or is it so much more complicated to figure you length when you take wave and wurl into question? Sure, its waistish on the curly side, when I washed my hair a certain way only then didn't brush... Or: length at day 2 when waves mostly brushed out but an hour later post spraying leave-in conditioner is different! I'm finding myself using different categories like Day 1 hair, peak waviness hair, kinda wavy, and pretty straight...

So is it just me, or is this all confusing like a gigantic math formula?
HL -1in w/ 2B braidwaves= >2 but <6 weeks incl. .25inch dustings

Dude.

Eh eh yes, i can relate to your comment Flowerness. :)

I fall into the 2b/2c range and feel like every day i wake up with a brand new head of hair to get used to, waves/ length vary so you never know what to expect.

A lot of wavies on this forum claim stretched so if you are already at hip stretched you can claim it, nevermind the variations in between. :o

I am claiming unstretched but that is just a personal preference (does wonders for my patience too).

Flowerness
March 10th, 2015, 01:21 PM
Yeah, I try to use the different degrees of wurl/waviness as mini-milestones. I passed HL when wet, then when stretched out and straightish, then I approached HL when kinda wavy. Now, I want to be HL when normally wavy and braidwaves. So, solid HL with hands on hips? Then, I'll really feel like it is HL. (That is when I typically "claim" a length. Otherwise it gets disappointing to look in the mirror and have it be shorter by a big bit on some days!) It is exciting, though, because I looked at some recent pics, and it looked like my braid tassel is now around WL... so I must be getting close!

I can't wait to reach the length I've been aiming for so that I can begin maintaining! Fresh ends coming up! So fun!

Plus, it would be nice to be able to do more styles and have them actually turn out as they are supposed to. I'm working on the french braid atm.

Onward to hip! Good luck all!

Shibe
March 10th, 2015, 02:24 PM
I've been grazing waist for a while now, and I really want to get my hair passed that. sigh.

I'm pregnant, so I'm hoping to take advantage of all the new preggo growth and continue my silk hair cover/parandi at night routine. I do catnip treatments every other day (yesterdays treatment was replaced with a deep oiling, though).

I've been stuck at this hair length for years it seems :-/

Akville
March 26th, 2015, 02:57 AM
I've been at waist now for about half of year... And the reason why is that one of my friends told me he thinks I need a trim.. And I was like what!!!??? why??? And he was: -you know just to form the hemline.. And then I was looking at my ends for hours and I decided Ok I could do a trim.. Just some cm...
And I asked mi mum to trim my hair and she misunderstood the whole thing and thought I was going for a bigger TRIM!!! and so I ended up with a 6-7cm shorter hair...

and now as I watch my hair pictures I what to cry.. I mean it.. It seems that there has been no growth, NO PROGRESS for the pas six moths.. It makes me soooo sad.... :(

So my suguestions is:
DONT TRIM!!! do s&d
IF YOU TRIM, TAKE AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE!!!
DONT LISTEN TO WHAT PEOPLE SAY!!!

I've should been at my hip right now If I would not listen to folks here...

Good luck people...

Kiiruna
March 29th, 2015, 11:34 AM
Came here for inspiration - not disappointed! Lovely hairstyles, y'all, absolutely lovely.

HappyHair87
April 9th, 2015, 08:11 PM
I have about 2.5 inches to go to claim hip length! Yay! I haven't trimmed my hair since November 2014, so it's been about 5 months since I last straightened and trimmed off about an inch and a half. I'm almost confident that I will reach my goal by the end of this year (when stretched)

My length when curly is about mid back length/BSL at its longest point. The shortest point is right below APL.

I'm hoping to one day get my whole curly hemline to at least BSL. Or to meet up with the curls that are at Midback length.

Jesabel
April 18th, 2015, 10:19 PM
After being at LHC since Nov 2011, I am finally in this thread! :D Started growing from juuust BSL (but crazy dye and heat damaged) grew to nearly waist.. chopped it all off to CBL to get rid of damage and dye.. started growing again and here I am at a solid waist when dry/wavy, so at least an inch past when stretched. So happy! Will easily be at hip by the end of the year even with some trims to keep my ends at the health they are. Now that my hair is longer I really appreciated healthy thick ends, and I trust my hair dresser so I don't shy away from tidying up those ends. Dry ends aren't cute!

HappyHair87
April 18th, 2015, 10:49 PM
How come I'm just recently (like just now) am seeing this thread!??

My goal length is hip!! But I'd been posting in the waist to tailbone thread!:(

Anywhoodle...I hope to be at hip by the end of the year. :)

HappyHair87
April 18th, 2015, 10:56 PM
I have about 2.5 inches to go to claim hip length! Yay! I haven't trimmed my hair since November 2014, so it's been about 5 months since I last straightened and trimmed off about an inch and a half. I'm almost confident that I will reach my goal by the end of this year (when stretched)

My length when curly is about mid back length/BSL at its longest point. The shortest point is right below APL.

I'm hoping to one day get my whole curly hemline to at least BSL. Or to meet up with the curls that are at Midback length.

Apparently I'm getting threads mixed up. :\

Akville
April 22nd, 2015, 01:29 PM
I'm in no trimming challenge and I figured out that with my growth rate and no trimming, (hopefully) I will get to hip in November!!! Sooo exited!!!

sourgrl
April 22nd, 2015, 04:39 PM

Took me about 6 months but I think I'm a fast grower :)

lapushka
April 22nd, 2015, 04:41 PM
Took me about 6 months but I think I'm a fast grower :)

It would also depend on how far away your hip is from your waist. For me, it's like a 2 inch difference.

Nique1202
April 22nd, 2015, 05:07 PM
It would also depend on how far away your hip is from your waist. For me, it's like a 2 inch difference.

Same, I have about 1.5 inches between bsl and waist, and 1.5 between waist and hip. Short torsos are fun for a lot of those just-getting-really-long milestones because you hit them all in a row. Though, having my hip crests hit my bottom ribs regularly when I'm moving around is somewhat less fun.

lapushka
April 23rd, 2015, 04:08 PM
Same, I have about 1.5 inches between bsl and waist, and 1.5 between waist and hip. Short torsos are fun for a lot of those just-getting-really-long milestones because you hit them all in a row. Though, having my hip crests hit my bottom ribs regularly when I'm moving around is somewhat less fun.

Short torso, long legs here! It's fun for the initial stages, but hip to TBL & TBL to classic is 6 inches between them both for me, so about a year's worth of growth!

Breanna
April 23rd, 2015, 04:14 PM
I think I will definitely be around hip by the end of the year, but I'm really considering cutting back to waist once I get there to really shape up my hemline and get rid of the last of those pesky layers I used to have, and THEN grow it out to hip again....hmmm...decisions!

Nique1202
April 23rd, 2015, 05:27 PM
Short torso, long legs here! It's fun for the initial stages, but hip to TBL & TBL to classic is 6 inches between them both for me, so about a year's worth of growth!

haha Yeah, there's a definite tradeoff for long waits later (for me it's 8" from hip to tbl, 7" tbl to classic) and milestones start to get measured relative to where my clothing sits rather than body markers to make you feel like it's growing faster. (Waistband, top of pocket, bottom of favourite shirt, etc.)

Also, short torso usually means that milestones are shorter lengths from the front hairline. My hip length is 29" which I think I've seen quoted as BSL for some other members. It's not as magnificent or as big an accomplishment for me as someone whose hip length is closer to, say, 33". It's still pretty, and it feels long relative to my body, but it's not quite the same for me knowing that.

Breanna
April 23rd, 2015, 05:32 PM
haha Yeah, there's a definite tradeoff for long waits later (for me it's 8" from hip to tbl, 7" tbl to classic) and milestones start to get measured relative to where my clothing sits rather than body markers to make you feel like it's growing faster. (Waistband, top of pocket, bottom of favourite shirt, etc.)

Also, short torso usually means that milestones are shorter lengths from the front hairline. My hip length is 29" which I think I've seen quoted as BSL for some other members. It's not as magnificent or as big an accomplishment for me as someone whose hip length is closer to, say, 33". It's still pretty, and it feels long relative to my body, but it's not quite the same for me knowing that.

Wow 29 inches as BSL is incredible to me! On me that's past waist, they must be talllllllllll!

Breanna
April 23rd, 2015, 05:35 PM
Or that might be just average and I'm really hella short....

UP Lisa
April 27th, 2015, 08:29 AM
About 29 inches is Waist on me.

HappyHair87
April 30th, 2015, 08:14 PM
I'm 5'8...the last time I tried tape measuring my lengths, 22 inches = waist and I believe hip= 25-30 inches, for me....but I'm mainly legs.

I'm a giraffe! :lol:

HappyHair87
April 30th, 2015, 08:17 PM
I hate when ppl only post their inches...and the differences in body measurements and torso lengths is why.

Some ppl on here just say they're like....24 inches.

I'm like....okaaaaayyyyy...what does THAT mean? Are you at your waist? Hips?...what is that!? :justy: lol

Nique1202
May 1st, 2015, 04:38 AM
I hate when ppl only post their inches...and the differences in body measurements and torso lengths is why.

Some ppl on here just say they're like....24 inches.

I'm like....okaaaaayyyyy...what does THAT mean? Are you at your waist? Hips?...what is that!? :justy: lol

It's more of a functional measurement than a milestone measurement. Like, I'm at solid hip with 29 inches. Someone else with my hair type might hit waist instead of hip at 29 inches, but their hair and my hair at the same inch-length will be able to do mostly the same things. Their hip at, say, 32 inches might be able to do much more or less, even though their hair and my hair are both hip. Does that make sense?

UP Lisa
May 1st, 2015, 06:25 AM
It's more of a functional measurement than a milestone measurement. Like, I'm at solid hip with 29 inches. Someone else with my hair type might hit waist instead of hip at 29 inches, but their hair and my hair at the same inch-length will be able to do mostly the same things. Their hip at, say, 32 inches might be able to do much more or less, even though their hair and my hair are both hip. Does that make sense?

You must be really short? I'm 5'2", and 29 is Waist on me.

Nique1202
May 1st, 2015, 06:42 AM
You must be really short? I'm 5'2", and 29 is Waist on me.

I'm 5'2" also. I've just got a short torso. BSL is 26, waist is 27.5, hip is 29, give or take.

Wosie
May 1st, 2015, 07:31 AM
I'm 5'2" also. I've just got a short torso. BSL is 26, waist is 27.5, hip is 29, give or take.

I'm ~5'5" and my current hair length is 29" and I'm MBL. ...Might there be something odd with my body's measurements? x*)

FuzzyBlackWaves
May 1st, 2015, 07:55 AM
I'm jealous of you shorter ladies :) I'm only a couple of inches past waist at 34"!

Nique1202
May 1st, 2015, 08:21 AM
I'm jealous of you shorter ladies :) I'm only a couple of inches past waist at 34"!

Sure, but you can still probably do a lot more with your ii 34" than I can with my iii 29". You've got the longer hair, and I bet your hair would look longer than mine in person even if it's "only" at waist because of that extra 5 inches. No need to be jealous. :heart:

HappyHair87
May 1st, 2015, 10:23 PM
I just bought a measuring tape today and discovered that my hair is actually not far from hip length! I'm 5'8 but mostly legs...waist is 23-24, hip is 26-27, and TBL is around 30-31 inches. I'm at 23.5!

Definitely gonna make Hip this year! Haven't trimmed since November!

HappyHair87
May 1st, 2015, 10:30 PM

Makes perfect sense....but why don't ppl just SAY that they're at Hip length at 29 inches.

Just saying a number tells me nothing...bc everybody is proportioned differently.

Just a pet peeve of mine lol.

I'll see something say "I'm 26 inches this month! Yay!! I'm so happy!"

Yes, I am happy with that person but I guess I'm a very visual person...bc then I'm like...so what is 26 inches on "said happy person"? Is she BSL? Waist? Upper thigh...I don't know what to think.

I'm lost in the forest of inches at that point! :lol:

cat11
May 2nd, 2015, 08:32 PM
^Yeah I agree. Th eonly place this really get s a chance to bug me is on the little litings under people's avatars though, when they say the inch instead of the body marker. Usually when people write it in threads they have a picture or they describe it my body markers. I also like getting the visual, it means more to me I guess

HappyHair87
May 3rd, 2015, 06:41 AM
^Yeah I agree. Th eonly place this really get s a chance to bug me is on the little litings under people's avatars though, when they say the inch instead of the body marker. Usually when people write it in threads they have a picture or they describe it my body markers. I also like getting the visual, it means more to me I guess

Yes! Lol! :lol: I know it's so silly but it bugs me to no end lol!

Spun gold
May 4th, 2015, 09:17 AM
Hello everyone. I'm brand new to th LHC and really happy to find this thread. I think I'm in it with fine straight hair at waist which is a measurement of 33 inches. I will try to sort out a picture after my hair wash this evening. I don't have a final length goal but hip to classic would be nice. Everyone in this thread is an inspiration x

Red Rapunzel
May 4th, 2015, 10:32 AM
SquiggyFlop,

Love your hair length, hemline, and color! Congratulations on it! Count me in on the challenge to grow to hip length. My longest strands are now below waist - actually at tailbone length - does that count as hip length? I will need to trim back soon though - maybe back to waist length - since that has not been done for over a year and my hemline is weak - so I'll essentially be back at waist length. Achieving hip length with a good hemline: An exciting challenge indeed!

Red Rapunzel

UP Lisa
May 5th, 2015, 06:04 AM
SquiggyFlop,

Love your hair length, hemline, and color! Congratulations on it! Count me in on the challenge to grow to hip length. My longest strands are now below waist - actually at tailbone length - does that count as hip length? I will need to trim back soon though - maybe back to waist length - since that has not been done for over a year and my hemline is weak - so I'll essentially be back at waist length. Achieving hip length with a good hemline: An exciting challenge indeed!

Red Rapunzel

You have the same hair type as I do - did you know it is quite rare here? I also have trouble getting a nice hemline beyond Waist length. Have cut back many times. I made it to BCL once, but didn't like the way it looked.

elsieivy
June 10th, 2015, 01:36 PM
Hi there! Bumping this thread. My hair is between 28 and 28.5 inches right now which is just barely waist for me. I post on the waist to tailbone thread sometimes too but that is just such a loooooooooooong distance for me. Waist to tailbone is probably around 18 months for me if I don't cut too much. Waist to hip on the other hand is only around 6 to 8 months which feels a lot more attainable.

sourgrl
June 10th, 2015, 04:18 PM
Welcome elsieivy :)

hanne jensen
September 22nd, 2015, 02:00 AM
I just reached anatomical waist-the last rib. I am 5.5 cm from the bottom of my waist(Hubby measured). I am very short waisted. I'm hoping to be at solid hip by Xmas 2016. I currently have a growth rate of 22 cm a year and dust 2cm off during a year. I will be dusting more often as my hemline is thinning a little due to massive sheds a few years ago.

I hope that I can join this thread at only anatomical waist.

Happy Growing! Downward to uncharted lengths!

Groovy Granny
September 22nd, 2015, 10:00 AM
I just reached anatomical waist-the last rib. I am 5.5 cm from the bottom of my waist(Hubby measured). I am very short waisted. I'm hoping to be at solid hip by Xmas 2016. I currently have a growth rate of 22 cm a year and dust 2cm off during a year. I will be dusting more often as my hemline is thinning a little due to massive sheds a few years ago.

I hope that I can join this thread at only anatomical waist.

Happy Growing! Downward to uncharted lengths!

Oh neat...there is a thread for this...you found it :thumbsup:

I am brushing waist now and will call it at Christmas.

Hip is only 2 inches away as I am very short waisted also....so we have almost the same distance to grow!

My plan is to hover just above Hip; I don't want my hair catching in my belt and certainly won't go any longer (headaches and in the way).

Yay....company for the journey; subscribing :popcorn:

Happy growing :)

xoAshley
September 22nd, 2015, 12:30 PM
Joining!!
I'm at waist when stretched, and hovering just above it when not. My goal is hip. That is only another few inches... (i'm only 5'2"). So I should be there fairly soon! :cheer:

Groovy Granny
September 22nd, 2015, 02:42 PM
Joining!!
I'm at waist when stretched, and hovering just above it when not. My goal is hip. That is only another few inches... (i'm only 5'2"). So I should be there fairly soon! :cheer:

Congrats ~ enjoy the journey :)

I'll make my call official in December ;)

xoAshley
September 22nd, 2015, 02:45 PM
Congrats ~ enjoy the journey :)

I'll make my call official in December ;)

Thank you, Groovy Granny!!! :cool:

Groovy Granny
September 22nd, 2015, 02:55 PM
Thank you, Groovy Granny!!! :cool:

:thumbsup:
I'll be with you soon lol ;)

hypersensitive
September 22nd, 2015, 06:29 PM
It's been about a year since I trimmed to waist and I'm past hip now. I hardly ever noticed it grew this much! I've even stopped measuring so that is probably why hip came and went and I didn't even know. I'm thinking of putting in long layers for more volume. Blunt hem, all one layer is great but I've had it for a year and I think it's time for a change. What do you think?

Groovy Granny
September 22nd, 2015, 08:52 PM
It's been about a year since I trimmed to waist and I'm past hip now. I hardly ever noticed it grew this much! I've even stopped measuring so that is probably why hip came and went and I didn't even know. I'm thinking of putting in long layers for more volume. Blunt hem, all one layer is great but I've had it for a year and I think it's time for a change. What do you think?

Your hair is gorgeous as it is!

I just grew out all my layers; no fun at times....then again....with with YOUR length it would be more forgiving.

Think it through if you've never done it; if you have then you know ;)

Technically I'm not officially in this thread yet; I will be by Christmas....so I subscribed :popcorn:

Are you moving to the next thread seeing you're past hip now?

hypersensitive
September 22nd, 2015, 11:15 PM
The main reason why I want layers is so when I curl it, the curls look more dimensional with layered hair and it has movement.
I'm in all the relevant threads (!) since I'm maintaining waist to hip, at least when I come out of my lurking. My hair used to be fingertip+ but waist to hip is the best length for me. It's fun to be in revisit old length threads you were once part of before. ^^

hanne jensen
September 23rd, 2015, 03:19 AM
I plan on growing as long as my hair will go without a fairytail hemline.I'm just going to take a slower route as I have had some massive sheds.

Groovy Granny
September 23rd, 2015, 10:24 AM
The main reason why I want layers is so when I curl it, the curls look more dimensional with layered hair and it has movement.
I'm in all the relevant threads (!) since I'm maintaining waist to hip, at least when I come out of my lurking. My hair used to be fingertip+ but waist to hip is the best length for me. It's fun to be in revisit old length threads you were once part of before. ^^
Your hair pics are gorgeous :thud:
I'm sure the layers will look amazing as well!

I plan on growing as long as my hair will go without a fairytail hemline.I'm just going to take a slower route as I have had some massive sheds.

Good luck ~ happy growing :)

hypersensitive
September 29th, 2015, 01:12 AM
Thanks groovy granny.

CheshireGrin
September 29th, 2015, 01:34 AM
I suppose it's about time I become a part of this thread, I feel like I've been trying to grow my hair to hip length for years now. (Well... it really has been years :p) I'm just always stuck at waist, I've gotten close to hip but I always have to trim my damaged ends before I can fully get there. I've basically been growing out the damage I caused a few years back from bleaching. It's probably not the best that I'm going to be dyeing my hair soon but I am sick of the color I have. Anyway, I hope to be able to contribute some pictures in a week or two. In the meantime I will just appreciate everyone else's lovely hair in this thread! :heartbeat

luvlonghair75
September 29th, 2015, 08:07 AM
I'm joining! Hope to be hip length by next summer! :)

Groovy Granny
September 29th, 2015, 11:34 AM
I suppose it's about time I become a part of this thread, I feel like I've been trying to grow my hair to hip length for years now. (Well... it really has been years :p) I'm just always stuck at waist, I've gotten close to hip but I always have to trim my damaged ends before I can fully get there. I've basically been growing out the damage I caused a few years back from bleaching. It's probably not the best that I'm going to be dyeing my hair soon but I am sick of the color I have. Anyway, I hope to be able to contribute some pictures in a week or two. In the meantime I will just appreciate everyone else's lovely hair in this thread! :heartbeat
Looking forward to your pics :popcorn:

I'm joining! Hope to be hip length by next summer! :)

I will be joining you in that goal so very soon.

It is killing me not to call waist...I am just barely there stretched :p

But I will wait :wannabe:

Key
September 29th, 2015, 08:03 PM
I just graduated to waist length, and I'm guessing I have about four inches of growing in order to reach my hips. Maybe three, maybe five. If my hair were pin-straight I could reach this goal by about 8 months, but I'm thinking it will take closer to 10 or 12, so here's to the next year of growing! Pictures to come.

Groovy Granny
September 29th, 2015, 09:23 PM
Congrats ~ happy growing :)

hanne jensen
September 30th, 2015, 01:47 AM
I can't get over how long my hair is. It just shot down another .5 cm. Only 5 cm to the bottom of waist.

Groovy Granny
September 30th, 2015, 09:02 AM
I can't get over how long my hair is. It just shot down another .5 cm. Only 5 cm to the bottom of waist.

That is awesome; you'll be there before you know it :thumbsup:

hanne jensen
October 1st, 2015, 05:09 AM
GG, waist area starts at the last rib-where the waist indentation starts. I'm there and I've called it. Thankfully I have a short waist.

Groovy Granny
October 1st, 2015, 09:46 AM
GG, waist area starts at the last rib-where the waist indentation starts. I'm there and I've called it. Thankfully I have a short waist.

Yup I am just about there.......and will be calling it very soon.

Oops...I misread your measurements......Congrats :thumbsup:

There are perks to being short waisted...at least in the hair dept lol ;)

hanne jensen
October 2nd, 2015, 04:43 AM
I have about 12-13 cm until I reach hip. Even though my hair grows like a weed I won't reach hip until June or July next year. I'm starting a dusting regime of 1/2 cm a month as my hemline is thinning out a little. I had a massive shed last year and the new hairs haven't caught up yet. I like a thick blunt hemline and am willing to sacrifice some growth to achieve it.

Calypso
October 2nd, 2015, 05:29 AM
I find it really difficult to tell where I am. :/ Please help! Am I getting close to hip? It looks like it to me but I'm not sure.

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k500/amber_isabella/temporary_51.jpg

My hair's just been washed, but it's so straight that being wet doesn't really make a difference to my length.

Groovy Granny
October 2nd, 2015, 10:29 AM
In that pic it seems you are brushing hip and may be there stretched for sure.
Beautiful :thumbsup:

Hopeful65
October 3rd, 2015, 08:41 PM
I'm thinking I may have hit hip length. I'm just unsure what exactly qualifies as hip.
My hair, when I'm standing up, just touches the top of my hip bone.

Do I need to grow further, or can I call it yet?

I was really surprised to have gotten to the length I'm at already. Seems like I had just got to waist. (well, looking back in my calendar, I officially called waist last February.) Gosh that's been 8 months! Time sure flies.

So, now I'm hoping I'm nearly hip. I'm at 31.5 inches.
I'm not planning to grow much further. No rush, and maybe another couple of inches at best, and maintain.

Groovy Granny
October 3rd, 2015, 09:13 PM
Yup..if it its your hip bones you are there ~ congrats :thumbsup:

So if you maintain then I may see you in 2016; I'll be calling waist at Christmas and jumping in here officially (hovering just above hip is my final goal) ;)

Key
October 4th, 2015, 10:08 PM
After playing with my hair while wet, I think I may have overestimated how much growing I need in order to reach hip length. It's looking to be more of a three inch journey, so an estimated eight months of growing sounds about right unless I see a need to trim. I'm going to say my projected time of arrival at hip length will probably be late spring or early summer of 2016, mid-summer at the latest. Then it will be onto tailbone-length and finally classic!

Groovy Granny
October 4th, 2015, 10:11 PM
After playing with my hair while wet, I think I may have overestimated how much growing I need in order to reach hip length. It's looking to be more of a three inch journey, so an estimated eight months of growing sounds about right unless I see a need to trim. I'm going to say my projected time of arrival at hip length will probably be late spring or early summer of 2016, mid-summer at the latest. Then it will be onto tailbone-length and finally classic!
It is the same with me;we'll be hitting hip almost at the same time (but I plan to stop there) ;)

divinedobbie
October 4th, 2015, 11:32 PM
Calypso, your hair is gorgeous! - the texture, colour, everything. My hair hopes to grow up and look like yours someday.

lapushka
October 5th, 2015, 07:03 AM
In that pic it seems you are brushing hip and may be there stretched for sure.

I'd say brushing hip as well, with the right side of your hair. You could call it! :)

Key
October 7th, 2015, 01:58 PM
I'm a bit giddy about waist length and hip length being relatively so close to each other, it's a lot like how I went from APL to BSL in no time. I was definitely experiencing a stall or just the mid-back void in general when I was moving from BSL to waist, so this new goal is exciting simply because the gratification isn't as much of a delay as the last. I'm expecting hip length to tailbone length to be short and sweet as well, and to some extent tailbone length to classic length as well. If I am to grow past classic though, getting to mid-thigh and knee will take an eternity like BSL to waist just did. This is all assuming my genetics don't leave me hung out to dry, I could hit terminal at any point now. I may have already hit it, but I really hope I haven't!

Groovy Granny
October 7th, 2015, 02:13 PM
I'm a bit giddy about waist length and hip length being relatively so close to each other, it's a lot like how I went from APL to BSL in no time. I was definitely experiencing a stall or just the mid-back void in general when I was moving from BSL to waist, so this new goal is exciting simply because the gratification isn't as much of a delay as the last. I'm expecting hip length to tailbone length to be short and sweet as well, and to some extent tailbone length to classic length as well. If I am to grow past classic though, getting to mid-thigh and knee will take an eternity like BSL to waist just did. This is all assuming my genetics don't leave me hung out to dry, I could hit terminal at any point now. I may have already hit it, but I really hope I haven't!

Glad to hear your landmarks are close with long goals like yours; hopefully you still have a long time of growth to come :thumbsup:

Kaelbu
October 7th, 2015, 02:50 PM
I suppose it's about time I become a part of this thread, I feel like I've been trying to grow my hair to hip length for years now. (Well... it really has been years :p) I'm just always stuck at waist, I've gotten close to hip but I always have to trim my damaged ends before I can fully get there. I've basically been growing out the damage I caused a few years back from bleaching. :heartbeat

This is my exact situation! I had just joined this thread and then trimmed off a bunch of bleach damage. That brought me back up to BSL, so I went back to that thread. Now I'm waist again, but it's still so damaged... I am growing my natural color out though, so I hope that will give me healthier ends eventually.

I just measured at about 29 in.
http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o736/Kaelbu/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsvbgl3d9h.jpg (http://s1340.photobucket.com/user/Kaelbu/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsvbgl3d9h.jpg.html)

Groovy Granny
October 12th, 2015, 10:28 AM
Well, I have hemmed and hawed and have finally decided to GROW TO HIP.
I am at waist stretched and planned to officially call it @ Christmas, but hubby persuaded me I am so close that I can call it now.

I am so happy to be at this goal :happydance: and will be joining you on the journey to hip.

Happy growing :cheer:

hanne jensen
October 31st, 2015, 01:40 AM
Well, I have hemmed and hawed and decided to STAY AT WAIST.
I am there stretched but plan to officially call it @ Christmas :)
My hips are just a couple of inches away from natural waist on my short torso, and looks like 'waist' to most people outside of LHC so I will just call it that,
even if I edge toward it a bit.
I am so happy to be at goal, and will stay in the 'BSL to Waist' thread..... so I wish you all happy growing :blossom:

Happy growing, GG. Sometimes a rest is nice. I plan on resting for a while when I reach hip so I can get rid of some damage and get a thicker healthier hemline.

I'm well on my way to hip and will probably reach hip by summer.

Groovy Granny
October 31st, 2015, 09:28 PM
Happy growing, GG. Sometimes a rest is nice. I plan on resting for a while when I reach hip so I can get rid of some damage and get a thicker healthier hemline.

I'm well on my way to hip and will probably reach hip by summer.
Thanks!
I actually edited that post :o

Well, I have hemmed and hawed and have finally decided to GROW TO HIP.
I am at waist stretched and planned to officially call it @ Christmas, but hubby persuaded me I am so close that I can call it now.
I am so happy to be at this goal and will be joining you on the journey to hip.
Happy growing

I am edging past waist now, and thought I really just wanted to stay here.
But this week I find myself checking to see how far I have to grow to hip :laugh:
So I will stick with my planned quarterly/seasonal trims, and just vary the amount trimmed depending on where my hemline falls.
Being so short waisted, I will see it by March for certain, if not before.
Happy and healthy growing to you :flower:

astrid92
November 1st, 2015, 08:16 AM
Hi
I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say Hello!
I also am currently just below waist length and I will be at hip length by February or March next year if I don't trim my hair.

Stray_mind
November 1st, 2015, 02:04 PM
Hey. I already went to Waist to TBL thread, but i'll stick around here for some time too. :) I think i'll hit hip lenght in about 6 months from now if i only microtrim my ends.

Groovy Granny
November 1st, 2015, 09:59 PM
Hi
I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say Hello!
I also am currently just below waist length and I will be at hip length by February or March next year if I don't trim my hair.
Welcome to LHC ~ happy growing :)

Hey. I already went to Waist to TBL thread, but i'll stick around here for some time too. :) I think i'll hit hip lenght in about 6 months from now if i only microtrim my ends.

Great ~ lots of company for the journey ;)

hanne jensen
November 2nd, 2015, 03:00 AM

I found the Waist to TBL thread before this one too. Tailbone seems so intimidating to me right now because I'm so far away. I need about 10-12 cm before I'm a solid hip. Tailbone is at least 30 cm from where I'm at right now. Hip just seems more do-able for me. Someday I will reach tailbone, I just prefer smaller milestones. I'm impatient.

Stray_mind
November 2nd, 2015, 03:38 AM
I found the Waist to TBL thread before this one too. Tailbone seems so intimidating to me right now because I'm so far away. I need about 10-12 cm before I'm a solid hip. Tailbone is at least 30 cm from where I'm at right now. Hip just seems more do-able for me. Someday I will reach tailbone, I just prefer smaller milestones. I'm impatient.

I know what you mean :)

I am going to visit both threads i guess. I am not that impatient, well, actually i learned to just let my hair grow, so i only check my lenght once a month when i take a picture for a monthly lenght photo project. But since hip lenght is one of the milestones we pass before TBL, why not make it official :D

Groovy Granny
November 2nd, 2015, 08:28 AM
I am impatient too :o

I know what you mean :)

I am going to visit both threads i guess. I am not that impatient, well, actually i learned to just let my hair grow, so i only check my lenght once a month when i take a picture for a monthly lenght photo project. But since hip lenght is one of the milestones we pass before TBL, why not make it official :D

Hey count each milestone you can :thumbsup:

TBH...I am still on the fence about going for hip...so maybe if I just don't pay much attention it will hit me fast in between quarterly trims LOL

Hopeful65
November 2nd, 2015, 09:54 AM
I reached waist this past February, and that was my goal all along. Blunt cut, waist, virgin hair.
But somehow, one day I realized the ends of my hair were touching the tops of my hip bones. I was so surprised, being that I am a very frequent trimmer. I dust my ends 'alot', yet it crept down to hip before I knew it.

Groovy Granny
November 2nd, 2015, 11:05 AM
There you go, that was painless lol
Your hair is beautiful!

Upside Down
November 2nd, 2015, 01:49 PM
Okay I forgot about length pics for a while there and took one today.
I know my sweater is not the best choice of garment to check for milestones, but my hand is at my natural waist.
I think about an inch past waist. It touches the tip of my tattoo - which is juuuust above hip - when stretched. I am checking in here, since I plan to trim around an inch off soon.

http://www.dodaj.rs/f/1C/hT/2JIF7sap/2015-11-02-172055.jpg

Groovy Granny
November 2nd, 2015, 02:40 PM

Stray_mind
November 3rd, 2015, 12:15 PM
Upside Down - wow, it looks so soft :)

LeMimi13
November 5th, 2015, 10:29 AM
I think Ive reached hip but I sooo feel like cutting layers...

Groovy Granny
November 5th, 2015, 10:46 AM
Congrats on reaching hip ~ Your avatar is gorgeous!!:)
Ah the big decision....chop or micro-trim; whatever makes you happiest :thumbsup:
Been there...and I chopped from barely BSL to APL+ last year; it grew back fast lol

LeMimi13
November 5th, 2015, 10:53 AM
Congrats on reaching hip ~ Your avatar is gorgeous!!:)
Ah the big decision....chop or micro-trim; whatever makes you happiest :thumbsup:
Been there...and I chopped from barely BSL to APL+ last year; it grew back fast lol

I want the lenght. . I just wany to layer ot so ill get better waves (not sure if itd jelp tho)

Groovy Granny
November 5th, 2015, 10:58 AM
I want the lenght. . I just wany to layer ot so ill get better waves (not sure if itd jelp tho)

I am now all one length and in humid weather or post shampoos, I curl all the way up.
In drier air/colder weather I tend to get more sleek.
My torso is short = a shorter length per landmark = bits of ends sticking out of buns and braids if I layer (no patience for that) :nono: lol

ThrowNormanAway
November 5th, 2015, 12:01 PM
I am now all one length and in humid weather or post shampoos, I curl all the way up.
In drier air/colder weather I tend to get more sleek.
My torso is short = a shorter length per landmark = bits of ends sticking out of buns and braids if I layer (no patience for that) :nono: lol

You speak thje truth about layers! It might technically lay a little "prettier" when worn down and layered, but it has problems of it's own. I wish I could just magially be one length right now.. I currently have a few layers from the olden days before I decided to commit to growing my hair out well, and theyre driving me nuts! I have really bad braid shred, so I end up tying my braids so far up that my tassel ends up being like 6-7 inches long just so that it won't unravel. I could cut them off to go blunt, but that would put be back to BSL if I cut to the shortest layer. No thank you! I'm sooo close to hip as it is...

Groovy Granny
November 5th, 2015, 12:16 PM
You speak thje truth about layers! It might technically lay a little "prettier" when worn down and layered, but it has problems of it's own. I wish I could just magially be one length right now.. I currently have a few layers from the olden days before I decided to commit to growing my hair out well, and theyre driving me nuts! I have really bad braid shred, so I end up tying my braids so far up that my tassel ends up being like 6-7 inches long just so that it won't unravel. I could cut them off to go blunt, but that would put be back to BSL if I cut to the shortest layer. No thank you! I'm sooo close to hip as it is...

Yeah I hemmed and hawed and finally chopped; but that's because my ends started laying weird and drove me nuts.
So in the end and thick hemline made me happier than length; it did take a bit to adjust to it tho :p
And it could just have been the length I was at also; if I had been longer I maybe would have waited!

ThrowNormanAway
November 5th, 2015, 08:35 PM
Yeah I hemmed and hawed and finally chopped; but that's because my ends started laying weird and drove me nuts.
So in the end and thick hemline made me happier than length; it did take a bit to adjust to it tho :p
And it could just have been the length I was at also; if I had been longer I maybe would have waited!

Ooh good point. But when you say your ends were looking weird, were they growing asymmetrically or something? Or damaged? I think one of these days when I finally hit my initial big goal of classic, I'll start trimming to maintain so I can work out my layers over a year or so. The length is wat more important to me than the hemline!

Groovy Granny
November 5th, 2015, 08:41 PM
Ooh good point. But when you say your ends were looking weird, were they growing asymmetrically or something? Or damaged? I think one of these days when I finally hit my initial big goal of classic, I'll start trimming to maintain so I can work out my layers over a year or so. The length is wat more important to me than the hemline!

Yes they were growing uneven and my natural waves were all messed up; it just looked like a mess!
Plus I was at a length where I couldn't hide it, I I decided (in my misery) to cut the last couple layers (a few inches) and start with a decent thick hemline.
Go with your gut; you have to live with it!

ThrowNormanAway
November 6th, 2015, 12:52 AM
Yes they were growing uneven and my natural waves were all messed up; it just looked like a mess!
Plus I was at a length where I couldn't hide it, I I decided (in my misery) to cut the last couple layers (a few inches) and start with a decent thick hemline.
Go with your gut; you have to live with it!

I'm glad you got a clean slate to work with! I find my layers can really vary how even my hemline looks, it really drives me nuts. so then you combine layers with a side part vs. a center part, and it can make your hair look like a kindergartener cut it for you. SO ready to be able to start trimming to get rid of those suckers. I heard rumor of a no trimming thread, i'll have to search and see if I can find it. I'm on like month 9 I think since my last trim.

Freija
November 6th, 2015, 12:58 AM
A month and a half to go before Christmas... *really* hoping to be solidly at hip by then. I had a couple of fairly big cuts this year to get rid of layers, and I've been through a bad shed, so I feel my progress has been stalling quite badly. : /

hanne jensen
November 6th, 2015, 02:36 AM
My hair is stalling and is dry, brittle and snappy. My follicles got clogged up. My hair is now a disaster. I've only grown 2 cm since the beginning of July.

I discussed this with Hubby and we found that the solution is to really heavily oil my hair every day and wash more often. Wear a scarf to hide the oily mess. Dust 1/2 cm every month to slowly get rid of damage and thicken my hemline up.

My hair hates every conditioner I've tried and I can barely fit in the shower stall for all the bottles of conditioner. So, after washing and rinsing I use baby oil and rinse with water to get a little off.

I have just clarified and chelated. I used too much baby oil and my hair is easy to de-tangle. When it's finally dry I'll put it up and wear a scarf.

My only other option is to chop it off. If I chop I'll give up on ever having very long hair. I don't want to do that. I still hope to reach hip by summer. It's possible if I can stop my hair from breaking.

Groovy Granny
November 6th, 2015, 10:16 AM
I'm glad you got a clean slate to work with! I find my layers can really vary how even my hemline looks, it really drives me nuts. so then you combine layers with a side part vs. a center part, and it can make your hair look like a kindergartener cut it for you. SO ready to be able to start trimming to get rid of those suckers. I heard rumor of a no trimming thread, i'll have to search and see if I can find it. I'm on like month 9 I think since my last trim.
Oh so you part you hair; maybe that makes a difference!
I tend to comb it all back to disperse my silver evenly :o
Here are the No Trimming 2015 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=126267) amd No Trimming 2016 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=133349) threads.
Invoke the 2 WEEK WAIT RULE before doing anything (wait 2 weeks after thinking about an action).
And putting it up helps...bling it up between trims ;)

A month and a half to go before Christmas... *really* hoping to be solidly at hip by then. I had a couple of fairly big cuts this year to get rid of layers, and I've been through a bad shed, so I feel my progress has been stalling quite badly. : /
Here's hoping yu get there too ~ think positive and pamper it :cheer:

My hair is stalling and is dry, brittle and snappy. My follicles got clogged up. My hair is now a disaster. I've only grown 2 cm since the beginning of July.

I discussed this with Hubby and we found that the solution is to really heavily oil my hair every day and wash more often. Wear a scarf to hide the oily mess. Dust 1/2 cm every month to slowly get rid of damage and thicken my hemline up.

My hair hates every conditioner I've tried and I can barely fit in the shower stall for all the bottles of conditioner. So, after washing and rinsing I use baby oil and rinse with water to get a little off.

I have just clarified and chelated. I used too much baby oil and my hair is easy to de-tangle. When it's finally dry I'll put it up and wear a scarf.

My only other option is to chop it off. If I chop I'll give up on ever having very long hair. I don't want to do that. I still hope to reach hip by summer. It's possible if I can stop my hair from breaking.
Oh my, that sound terrible (((Hugs)))

Good for you hanging in there....and your hubby for supporting you :thumbsup:

If you haven't already...start a thread so that the others can jump in and give you other possible solutions.
Posting pics of the troubled spots can help them assess the issue too!

We'll get through all these things together ladies :flowers:

ThrowNormanAway
November 6th, 2015, 10:50 AM
Oh so you part you hair; maybe that makes a difference!
I tend to comb it all back to disperse my silver evenly :o
Here are the No Trimming 2015 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=126267) amd No Trimming 2016 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=133349) threads.
Invoke the 2 WEEK WAIT RULE before doing anything (wait 2 weeks after thinking about an action).
And putting it up helps...bling it up between trims ;)

Thank you so much for hunting down those threads for me! I'm still new enough here I'm all thumbs when it comes to finding the right threads. It's still really intimidating to join the conversation when there are already 8000 previous responses, too. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon :)

Groovy Granny
November 6th, 2015, 12:18 PM
Thank you so much for hunting down those threads for me! I'm still new enough here I'm all thumbs when it comes to finding the right threads. It's still really intimidating to join the conversation when there are already 8000 previous responses, too. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon :)

You're welcome ~ any time :)

Love your new avatar :thumbsup:

Just jump into any thread; that's fine!

ETA: OMG...your profile pic :thud:

ThrowNormanAway
November 6th, 2015, 12:35 PM
You're welcome ~ any time :)

Love your new avatar :thumbsup:

Just jump into any thread; that's fine!

ETA: OMG...your profile pic :thud:

Thank you for the info! I'll just start jumping in and hope someone takes the bait and starts a discussion, like you did ;)

And thanks, I've been waiting to hit my post threshold so I could actually update my info!

Groovy Granny
November 6th, 2015, 12:42 PM
Thank you for the info! I'll just start jumping in and hope someone takes the bait and starts a discussion, like you did ;)

And thanks, I've been waiting to hit my post threshold so I could actually update my info!

Oh of course..jump right in!!!

If you post in the Hair Polls and Projects (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10) threads, your count will get up there fast just answering some questions :thumbsup:

lapushka
November 6th, 2015, 01:00 PM

For me layering is best to cope with the iii-ness of it all, and it does "spruce" up the waves a bit (you won't get a lot more defined waves if that's what you mean). I love my layers and am getting back to the compact cut (ponytail on top of head) in December. I have the other method in my hair right now (ponytail on top of forehead). My hair is classic and the shortest layer is waist, so if you do the entire cut, it's that big of a difference. When it was TBL, I think the layers were BSL, and when I was waist, I think the shortest layers were APL. Yep, that's right!

For the method to work well, you do need to make a pretty perfect and smooth ponytail, so do it on hair that has saggy waves (right before you wash it) rather than freshly washed hair!

ThrowNormanAway
November 6th, 2015, 01:47 PM
Oh of course..jump right in!!!

If you post in the Hair Polls and Projects (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10) threads, your count will get up there fast just answering some questions :thumbsup:

Again, thank you! Such a help. I think I'll go lurk in the polls all afternoon, start racking it up.

Groovy Granny
November 6th, 2015, 01:47 PM
Again, thank you! Such a help. I think I'll go lurk in the polls all afternoon, start racking it up.

LOL :thumbsup:

Afanen
November 9th, 2015, 06:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/34WODdw.jpg
I think this is just about tailbone now, at least the 20 strands that reached it are.

SexyWitch
November 9th, 2015, 06:19 PM
My hair was at hip length at one point many years ago. Then I got a trim at a salon and they cut off 4 inches! I never let it grow that long again until now. I cut it to BSL a few times, the last time was summer of 2014. Now it's back to waist at 33 inches. Hip length for me is 36, so it will be there around April of 2016.

Groovy Granny
November 9th, 2015, 07:41 PM
I think this is just about tailbone now, at least the 20 strands that reached it are.
Your hair looks great (past hip)....so you're in the wrong thread ;)
You may want waist to tailbone (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=5483)if you want to hang out there for a bit.
Or you might want Tailbone to classic (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=34877) if you want to call tailbone.
Whatever you decide...congrats :thumbsup:

My hair was at hip length at one point many years ago. Then I got a trim at a salon and they cut off 4 inches! I never let it grow that long again until now. I cut it to BSL a few times, the last time was summer of 2014. Now it's back to waist at 33 inches. Hip length for me is 36, so it will be there around April of 2016.

Wow...4 inches.....OUCH!!!!
We have a bunch meeting hip around the same time ~~~ EXCITING
:joy::joy::joy::joy:

HappyHair87
November 20th, 2015, 07:51 PM

Yayyyyeeee!! :D Congrats!! How does it feel? :)

Stray_mind
November 23rd, 2015, 04:50 AM
I got my hair trimmed and am going back to BSL to waist for a couple of months. :o See ya later, guys!

Groovy Granny
November 23rd, 2015, 08:59 AM
I got my hair trimmed and am going back to BSL to waist for a couple of months. :o See ya later, guys!

It happens :wink:...and looks great!
Happy growing ~ see you soon!

Groovy Granny
November 23rd, 2015, 09:01 AM
Yayyyyeeee!! :D Congrats!! How does it feel? :)
And how are YOU doing on your hair journey?

HappyHair87
November 24th, 2015, 06:43 AM
And how are YOU doing on your hair journey?

Hey Groovy Granny!! :-D It's going pretty darn well! :) Thanks for asking! Lol! I am actually currently on a "hair" vitamin...I've never tried one before but I saw them all over the place, and researched them and everything. Their from Mielle Organics. The only reason I decided to try them was bc I suffered a horrible shed, lots of breakage and I know it was all due to stress, not getting enough nutrients (I don't really eat when I'm really depressed), and just detangling my hair all willy nilly with a paddle brush for 6 months. Smh.

I've been on them for almost 2 weeks. I'm also making sure my hair is MOISTURIZED (with super curly hair, that's a requirement for it to grow), and I'm bunning about 5 days a week.

I'm currently at waist and hope to be Hip Length with the vitamins and the moisturized bunning by April. I only need 3.5 to 4 inches. I'm at 27.5 now at Waist length :-D

OMG I had a very detailed dream that I'd reached Hip Length hair last nite. There was actually other things happening in the dream but all I could focus on was my newly full hiplength hair!:lol: I sat there for the remainder of my dream tugging my hair bc I couldn't believe it! Lololol!!

HappyHair87
November 24th, 2015, 06:48 AM
This is my hair currently :)

https://instagram.com/p/-ALFiKwZe2xzBve4YN1mB-BkBo8cS5F3VnPv00/

https://instagram.com/p/-J-tINQZS6QZdBQhBoRXw6wrn6f3zrThLuoqE0/

Groovy Granny
November 24th, 2015, 09:06 AM
LOL I love the smile...and yeah, I'd stay immersed in that dream with your hair recoil...that's insane!!
You could be at floor stretched and yet just at classic curled!

The color and curl is pretty so you have your trade offs I suppose :shrug:

Hair types are so amazing with all their variations!

My pics are in my album ~ happy growing :)

lapushka
November 24th, 2015, 09:56 AM
This is my hair currently :)

https://instagram.com/p/-ALFiKwZe2xzBve4YN1mB-BkBo8cS5F3VnPv00/

https://instagram.com/p/-J-tINQZS6QZdBQhBoRXw6wrn6f3zrThLuoqE0/

Very pretty! :)

HappyHair87
November 24th, 2015, 04:14 PM
LOL I love the smile...and yeah, I'd stay immersed in that dream with your hair recoil...that's insane!!
You could be at floor stretched and yet just at classic curled!

The color and curl is pretty so you have your trade offs I suppose :shrug:

Hair types are so amazing with all their variations!

My pics are in my album ~ happy growing :)

Thank you! Yes my shrinkage is crazy! Lol! I think thats why my hair doesn't feel like its long bc it shrinks so far up. And thank you for the compliments! It's actually my natural hair color and I have natural blondish highlights during the summer. I'm so glad I went natural! :)

Very pretty! :)

Thank you so much!! :D

Groovy Granny
November 24th, 2015, 04:20 PM
Thank you! Yes my shrinkage is crazy! Lol! I think thats why my hair doesn't feel like its long bc it shrinks so far up. And thank you for the compliments! It's actually my natural hair color and I have natural blondish highlights during the summer. I'm so glad I went natural! :)

Natural highlighting is the best :thumbsup:
Maybe down the road you'll even entertain keeping your silvers when they show up :wink:

HappyHair87
November 24th, 2015, 04:28 PM
Natural highlighting is the best :thumbsup:
Maybe down the road you'll even entertain keeping your silvers when they show up :wink:

Most definitely! I actually get excited over finding gray hairs. They actually are growing out white...well "it" is. Lol! I want a head full of curly white hair. My Grandma had a friend that had snow white hair and ever since I saw that I am determined to have it! It was so thick and full but completely white.

My family genes however, it seems we barely go gray...we actually don't even age much at all. Everybody continues to look the same with salt and peppered hair. Either way I'm completely embracing my silvers when they come. For my generation it would be a blessing to have them. :)

Groovy Granny
November 24th, 2015, 04:32 PM
Most definitely! I actually get excited over finding gray hairs. They actually are growing out white...well "it" is. Lol! I want a head full of curly white hair. My Grandma had a friend that had snow white hair and ever since I saw that I am determined to have it! It was so thick and full but completely white.

My family genes however, it seems we barely go gray...we actually don't even age much at all. Everybody continues to look the same with salt and peppered hair. Either way I'm completely embracing my silvers when they come. For my generation it would be a blessing to have them. :)
Awesome ~ come join us in Re: The Salt & Pepper Thread! (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=16951&page=2133) :cheer:

HappyHair87
November 24th, 2015, 04:39 PM
Awesome ~ come join us in Re: The Salt & Pepper Thread! (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=16951&page=2133) :cheer:

But I only have 1 gray hair on the side of my head :( Do I belong? And it always sticks out when I'm stressed out or angry lol! Like a tiny antenna! :lol:

Groovy Granny
November 24th, 2015, 04:40 PM
LOL Sure...1 is something...and you're embracing them :thumbsup:
There are a couple people there with just a few hairs to start :)
You'll get more....

HappyHair87
November 24th, 2015, 04:42 PM
Yayyyyy! :)