PDA

View Full Version : Deep treatments with cassia and/or fenugreek?

Curlsgirl
December 23rd, 2008, 11:47 AM
I have 100 mg. of cassia left over and I doubt I will do the cassia treatment again so I was wondering if anyone had a good recipe for a Deep treatment that includes cassia and/or fenugreek? I do not want dye release this time so maybe I couldn't do a DP with the cassia?

mira-chan
December 23rd, 2008, 12:12 PM
I add fenugreek to my herb mixes, cassia included so maybe half-half cassia and fenugreek, mix with hot water, let stand for half hour to an hour for fenugreek to get nice and goopy, apply, cover with shower cap and let sit for half hour to an hour. Rinse well and all done.

I don't know how long it takes fro dye release with cassia as my hair is dark and it doesn't show up.

Fenugreek can be used on it's own as a conditioning treatment, same as described above.

Finoriel
December 23rd, 2008, 12:22 PM
Cassia dye release is in approximately 2 hours. Sometimes a little sooner, sometimes later depending on how old it is. If you do not want any dye release :wink: put it into a drawer and ignore it for at least two years.
But you would like to use it now, so I would suggest to let the fenugreek with water stand for an hour first, then add the cassia and apply that directly. Let sit for max. an hour and you should be on the safe side.