PDA

View Full Version : I love long hair...but I'm a klutz--the funny thread :)

Darkhorse1
December 1st, 2008, 06:33 PM
Seeing as I've had a stomach bug for over a week and the heater in my apartment is dead and may not be revivied for a week, I need to laugh!:cheese:

So, I wanted to start a funny thread!

We all love long hair here, but have any of you ever had less than graceful moments with your long hair?

Story 1. In bed, late night. Now, I always pile my hair up ontop of my head on my pillow. It was summer, so it was warm. I am a restless sleeper starting out, so as I turned over, I freaked when I saw what appeared to be a HUGE spider on my pillow and even more freaked when I jumped up and it followed me.
Yes folks, it was the tails of my hair. :D

Story 2. My attempt at using a ficcarre. Clipped hair, did not hold it, and furthermore, got the end of the clip caught in the hair. :rolleyes::p

Story 3. Restless night, tossing and turning, and I ended up getting my hair choaking me around my neck :D

Ok, so, let's share those stories!

(oh, and loads of hair slammed in the car door and throwing a braid over my shoulder and either hitting someone or hitting myself in the face. Thinking someone was hitting me in the hollow of my back when riding and realizing it was my braid smacking me....the list goes on)

JessTheMess
December 1st, 2008, 06:40 PM
Ah yes, my hair has been known to choke me in my sleep. It has an evil mind I tell you! I think it was from all of the bleaching and choking it with cones all these years... :( I guess it tried to get its paybacks.

As I was eating my cereal a few mornings ago I managed to dip about 2 inches of my ends in the milk:rolleyes:

spidermom
December 1st, 2008, 07:14 PM
Felt a hair tickling my thigh. Since my hair isn't that long yet, I assumed that it was a shed hair. So I tried to pluck it away, but it felt like it was attached to my head. My very first thought was "How could this hair have been missed during trimming?" Turns out it was a shed hair knotted to a growing hair. Which I should have known, but ...

Maybe you had to be here to think that was funny.

Mary <><
December 1st, 2008, 07:19 PM
I actually swallowed some of my own hair while it was still attached! Yeah, I eat too fast! :D

BlndeInDisguise
December 1st, 2008, 07:28 PM
Can't think of any stories in particular, (but lots of times I've stepped on it, and got it stuck places and whatnot) but I hope you're feeling better soon! That sounds very miserable. :(

Angellen
December 1st, 2008, 08:03 PM
Here's one: My roommate was helping me measure my hair. "Most is around 37, and there's one that goes down to 39. No, 40...42...what!?!?" Turns out it was like spidermom's: tied to an attached hair.

What also happens more frequently than I'd like to admit is that I'll get in the car, careful not to get anything stuck in the door, and whilst driving the windows will go up and my hair will get sucked right out. Always embarrassing. ;)

I also have the tendency to put my elbow on it or something and not be able to stand up.

And, of course, countless times I have (accidentally!) hit myself or someone else in the face with my -heavy- mass of hair. It's definitely "oof!"-worthy.

I hope you feel better soon!

Darkhorse1
December 1st, 2008, 08:04 PM
Thanks Blnde :) Thankfully, I haven't been throwing up, but I sure can't eat anything. I see food and ugh. And you think I'd be losing weight, but nooope! Grr.

I think it's hilarious--how we love our long hair, but then these things happen. Love it when I eat my hair. Mmmmm. (gag!) Of course, there are days I have to pull some out of my kitties mouths too.

atlantaz3
December 1st, 2008, 08:15 PM
I'm right there with you with the stomach bug - I've lost four pounds in about three days. I am so sick of ginger ale and crackers. Tonight was a week and I had my first real meal. So far so good. My boss has it also, she's lost five pounds. Chocolate was the worst for me - of course I baked for Thanksgiving but could I eat any of it without being sick - and brilliant me had to try not once not twice but three times. So I'm off sugar for another week or so.
Let's see funny hair.... I haven't broke the vacuum yet, but not for lack of my hair trying. I can rake my hair out of the bath mats in the bathroom. We have a game in our house to capture the wild dust bunnies - baby bunnies get extra points. Of course they are usually comprised of at least one long hair. and I'm in the middle of french twist figure eight (should write figure how) length. My french twist makes my head look egg shaped and I'm not quite long enough to pull off a log roll or those nice figure eight buns.
Hope you feel better soon!

Alia
December 1st, 2008, 08:16 PM
Long hair can be inconvenient, but the worst for me was morning sickness. I had it from the end of month one until delivery, usually several times a day, and I got so sick of barfing on my hair. If it was loose, I'd sort of grab at it and hang on, but, well, accidents happen.:disgust: I used to look at the cats wharfing up hairballs and say, "Dude, totally know how ya feel."

Tressie
December 1st, 2008, 08:34 PM
I guess the funniest thing that has ever happened to me other than closing the car windows on a few strands, is once the end of my long ponytail almost got wound around a portable electric fan when I got a little to close to it at work one day......I was mortified!!

This isn't really funny, but I have had people (guys mostly) to give me a friendly hug and get their hand or sleeve button caught in my hair when I wore it down a lot! Sheesh!

LONG LIVE THE UPDO!!! (o:

ETA: I do hope you are feeling much better soon! God Bless!

DecafJane
December 1st, 2008, 08:39 PM
I actually swallowed some of my own hair while it was still attached! Yeah, I eat too fast! :D

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has done this! :D (It was when I first had long hair.)

Anje
December 1st, 2008, 08:46 PM
I'm not sure how many times I've gone diving for something under the bed (usually suitcases or the fire safe), and when I try to sit up, find that I'm kneeling on my hair. I'm not quite sure how I've managed to do this since waist length, but it makes for a nice variety of "stuck" until you can get the knee off the hair so you can sit up.

BlackfootHair
December 1st, 2008, 08:49 PM
Felt a hair tickling my thigh. Since my hair isn't that long yet, I assumed that it was a shed hair. So I tried to pluck it away, but it felt like it was attached to my head. My very first thought was "How could this hair have been missed during trimming?" Turns out it was a shed hair knotted to a growing hair. Which I should have known, but ...

Maybe you had to be here to think that was funny.

Nope, I thought it was funny! I can totally imagine something like that happening. :)

Boots
December 1st, 2008, 08:55 PM
My hair isn't that long yet, but for a brief time as a child, it reached classic. One night I woke screaming from a nightmare and my dad ran in and turned on my light. I was so frantic to get to him that I got my feet on the matress and tried to stand up to reach him. Unfortunate,y I stepped on the bottom of my hair. If you think about how far classic is from your feet, you can imagine how much hair I pulled out trying to stand, how hard I wrenched my neck, and how badly it hurt!

To add insult to injury, hair is... slippery. I skidded over the edge of the matress and crashed to the floor. It hurt so much, but mostly I remember my mom coming in to see what happened and my dad just looking at her. No one could have explained the order of events of me basically taking myself down. Right after that, they cut it to waist, and at waist I stayed!

MadHatter
December 1st, 2008, 08:57 PM
I tend to just let my backpack drop off of my shoulder when I get to class or get in my car. If my hair is down, some of the length gets pulled and my head gets yanked down with it. I'm sure it looks quite stupid, lol.

Darkhorse1
December 1st, 2008, 09:03 PM
OMG--I'm glad the person whose hair got twisted in the fan was ok!

Um, yah..I just got stuck on my hair tonight trying to get my mom's kitty out from under the bed so she could go home. And lately, if I'm on my bed doing a puzzle, my cats seem to come by and since it's much longer, they step on it and I can't move. And then they start to knead into it. Tehehehehe.

Ah yes, those fun-filled moments. We love the long hair, but it can cause problems.

So sorry someone else has this stomach thing. Funny, I can stomach Pepsi, and the odd chocolate, but last night, I wanted NOTHING. My stomach was growling and all I could do was sip water. Any time I attempted to even put food in my mouth, I had to spit it out.

No weight loss here, but I haven't actually been throwing up--thankGOD!

And yes, when I'm really sick, the hair goes right back into a braid! Don't want that to get in the way of....well....you know.

Tressie
December 1st, 2008, 09:15 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I just remembered that I sometimes get my hair tangled around the knobs on my cabinets! It's really funny to see, I'm sure! I bend over to get something out of a lower storage and as I'm starting to straighten up, I realize..........I've done it again! The knobs are big round white porcelain things and it's not easy to get the hair out of the fittings in a hurry! Silly me!

socks
December 1st, 2008, 10:01 PM
Every once in a while, my hair gets caught on a doorknob and pulls the door closed behind me.

lyria
December 1st, 2008, 11:08 PM
I had waist length hair in about 6th grade and I remember sleeping with a braid and waking up drowsily to see a mouse on my pillow! I flipped out and tried to shoo it off, only to have it land right back where it was...yeah, that was the end of my braid. brilliant move, really brilliant.

Country Cowcurl
December 2nd, 2008, 01:56 AM
my hair's creeping up on waist length, and i was laying on my bed reading. my puppy hopped on with rubber spiked squeaky ball. i smiled at her and returned to my book while she rolled around and squeaked it around. suddenly she was on my back, and my head was getting pulled backwards. i rolled over to get her off me, then realizing about a foot of my hair was wound round & round & round her stupid squeaky ball. i almost got mad, then realized how stupid i looked with a dog toy in my hair. not exactly the prettiest hair toy ; )

Hypnotica
December 2nd, 2008, 02:07 AM
I usually do a lose braid or a ponytail with the elastic far down as sleep wear for may hair. I have a old looking iron bed with ornaments that are perfect to hang the braid on to keep it out of the way. Trouble is that the ornaments are big swirlys, so the braid thends to wedge itself in them :)

Serveraly mornings I have been woken up by the alarm clock, started to sit up to turn it off - only to be yanked back by my stucked braid :D

vampodrama
December 2nd, 2008, 02:44 AM
a few years ago I accidentally gave myself bangs when I attempted to light up a cigarette in a rather windy weather. my hair went up in flames. literally. what made it that much more amusing was the fact that we had just stepped out of a concert venue after a Rammstein gig.

Indigo Girl
December 2nd, 2008, 11:49 AM
A few weeks ago I was driving somewhere, and there was a small space of skin between my top and my pants because I was sitting. My hair tickled the bare spot and I freaked out because I thought something was crawling on me. Thankfully no one else was with me to witness that spectacle, but I felt like such a dope anyways. :doh:

I'm not sure how many times I've gone diving for something under the bed (usually suitcases or the fire safe), and when I try to sit up, find that I'm kneeling on my hair. I'm not quite sure how I've managed to do this since waist length, but it makes for a nice variety of "stuck" until you can get the knee off the hair so you can sit up.

Hah - I do this often. :agree:

KatKeRo
December 2nd, 2008, 12:11 PM
Two days ago I accidently let slip the end of my braid in the toilet while picking something up from the ground. Luckily I already flushed.

ajr
December 2nd, 2008, 01:06 PM
I once was late for an important class, so I parked quickly, bumped the door shut with my hip, and took off at a dead run. Unfortunately I had shut the tip of my braid in the car door. It was like being clotheslined, my head snapped back so quick I almost fell down.

nimeera
December 2nd, 2008, 01:12 PM

I've done that! Only, it was on stage in front of many other people. Just try pulling out a hair you are choking on while pretending nothing is wrong and keeping that lovely smile on your face!:rolleyes:

Islandgrrl
December 2nd, 2008, 02:14 PM
A few weeks ago I was driving somewhere, and there was a small space of skin between my top and my pants because I was sitting. My hair tickled the bare spot and I freaked out because I thought something was crawling on me. Thankfully no one else was with me to witness that spectacle, but I felt like such a dope anyways. :doh:

Hah - I do this often. :agree:

Yeah, I do this one a lot, too. It doesn't help that I'm over-the-top terrified of spiders. I've done the braid on the pillow thing, too. Scared myself silly a few times. :rolleyes:

But my favorite is one I repeat so often it's almost a standing (no pun intended) joke in Yoga class. Since my hair doesn't like to be contained and falls out of nearly everything when I'm practicing Yoga, I often end up stepping on my hair. Downward dog, jump forward to forward fold, get hair caught under feet, rise to Mountain Pose....ouch, ouch, ouch!!! When my hair was really long - knee-ish - I was still doing a lot of running (think marathon distances here). I would braid it, and while running the braid would somehow get caught between my legs and try to trip me up. On the other hand, I could use it as a handy towel to wipe sweat from my face :bigeyes:

Once a very long time ago (we were teenagers), my sister and I were sitting on an airplane together and we both had our hair down. We were both somewhere between classic and knee length at the time, and she braided up her hair so she could use the restroom. She had the aisle seat and stood up and started walking away and nearly yanked my head off my shoulders. She'd managed to braid a bunch of my hair into hers, and well, we were joined at the hair!