PDA

View Full Version : tips for detangling

Natashap
October 30th, 2017, 09:09 PM
I am looking for tips to detangle my hair ,I do not finger comb as have excessive oily scalp and skin.My nails have hanging cuticles and hair breakage that causes makes me :confused:.

I should do what to my hair to fix so many tangling troubles.

Any clues...LOOKING FOR GENTLE ways/

Jo Ann
October 30th, 2017, 09:16 PM
I use a wide-tooth detangling comb first, starting from the ends up. I follow-up with a brush, also from the ends up.

Have you tried using conditioner and/or oils, applied from the ears down? I WCC (non-SLS shampoo, non-cone conditioner, cone conditioner; I'm also using up an old bottle of baby oil as a rinse-out oil [roo], applied between the first and second conditioner; cold water rinse after rinsing out second conditioner) and follow-up with LOC method (all applied from the ears down): http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=118167
(http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=118167)
I comb my wet hair ONLY after I finish my LOC; if I don't do LOC, I comb my hair after I apply a leave-in conditioner (from ears down ONLY).

leayellena
October 31st, 2017, 01:28 AM
itīs either I weight down my waves/curls or my hair will be unmanageable forever.
in between washes when the weather is sometimes warm and pleasant and other times humid and hot or humid and cold I use a leave-in cream before FIINGER detangling first. a comb is optional at this stage, only if I donīt like how it bends and kinks and straightens all over...
also microtrims help. since I got rid of layers my hair loves me. and now I am working on the uneven growth step by step.
oh and... donīt let your hair down outside. ever.

lapushka
November 1st, 2017, 06:48 AM
Depends on what your texture is like.

I have wavy hair. I finger detangle throughout the week by separating the strands gently in 3 or 4 places and getting the sheds out. I separate my hair into 2, then each section into 3 again. That's enough.

Then at the end of that week, I go through with a WT comb gently, bottom to top (hair again separated into 2). Then I use my Tangle Teezer to do the same. I lose about a handful of hair.

Then I wash, and I have a drain catcher thingy because about the same amount of hair is going to come out.

After that my hair goes into a towel, for 30 min. to get most of the wetness out. Then I detangle again with a WT comb, bottom to top (again hair separated into 2). Again a handful of hair comes out.

That's about it for my weekly detangling.

As long as you use a WT comb first, and go bottom to top, there is not much wrong you can do!

On Monday and Tuesday barely anything comes out!