PDA

View Full Version : Headband questions :-)

Nymfora
October 9th, 2014, 04:55 AM
OK so where I work it's very hot, and I do get sweaty. I have been wearing my hair in a braided bun with a loose fabric headband to keep the sweat out of my face. I do have my thinning/balding spot on the top front of my head so it is covered by my headband. My concern is will wearing for roughly 8 to 9 hours harm any new growth and is there something I can add onto the spot under my headband to protect the area so I still get new growth? Thanks :-)

Hotrox
October 9th, 2014, 06:35 AM
All I can think of is that maybe you could try a silk headband, this would not be as rough on those new precious hairs.

Lets hope someone else comes along with another idea :-)

Madora
October 9th, 2014, 08:00 AM
Can you sew a strip of silk on your headband? The silk would be more protecting on your thinning spot. If possible, though, try and give the headband a break for 10 minutes every hour. You're not doing your scalp any favors by wearing the thing for hours at a stretch. Good luck!

gustavonut
October 9th, 2014, 08:12 AM
Can you sew a strip of silk on your headband? The silk would be more protecting on your thinning spot. If possible, though, try and give the headband a break for 10 minutes every hour. You're not doing your scalp any favors by wearing the thing for hours at a stretch. Good luck!

I would agree with this except when I wear headbands and try to take them off at random times, it pulls a lot of hair out surprisingly.
I wear silk scarves on my head some times and nobody around me ever complains. I think it looks cute too :)

Nymfora
October 9th, 2014, 05:27 PM
Should I try not wearing it then? I don't know where I could find a silk headband, and would it breathe?

Larki
October 9th, 2014, 05:45 PM
There are silk headbands on Etsy!

FallingDarkness
October 9th, 2014, 05:56 PM
I LOVE wearing headbands. I haven't noticed any damage from wearing cloth ones...
Silk headbands might be the way to go though. Wow I never even thought of that.

Nymfora
October 10th, 2014, 05:17 AM
I've decided to brush my hair over to the side under my headband. That way it's covered from the friction of the headband. I will be looking into the silk one to :-)