PDA

View Full Version : shampoo after henna

mamaherrera
July 14th, 2013, 06:54 PM
I know others have asked this before, but I couldn't find a thread regarding it. Can you use a sulfate-free shampoo right after rinsing henna out to help ensure it's all gone?? It won't lessen/fade the red at all?? thanks

Magalo
July 14th, 2013, 07:56 PM
I use conditionner, it gets all the henna out and doesn't make the color fade.

mamaherrera
July 14th, 2013, 09:08 PM
but I can't put conditioner on my scalp, my scalp doesn't like it. does shampoo fade it? i thought that it shouldn't.

Etna
July 14th, 2013, 10:33 PM
I have used sulphate free shampoo after henna. I've even used sulphate shampoo right after, for the final wash. It is quite effective at removing the dust and build-up conditioner might miss. Any henna that is washed away by a single shampoo doesn't seem to be bound very securely to the hair, does it?

mamaherrera
July 15th, 2013, 11:07 AM
so basically what you're saying is the henna that has bonded to the hair, ain't going to fade or go anywhere!! right?? I've even heard that with henna you can go in a chlorine pool right after, and it's not affected. Why do you like doing conditioner before the shampoo, does it help to get stuff out easier??? I used to use just water to get my "roots" only henna out, but I was finding pieces of henna still glued to my scalp the next day which isn't good, when you go to massage or scratch your scalp and almost pull a piece off, which is why I thought shampoo would be a more "for sure" thing at getting rid of henna.

Isilme
July 15th, 2013, 04:07 PM
You can use shampoo after henna, it's not going to budge for anything except bleach.

mamaherrera
July 15th, 2013, 11:20 PM
thanks, that's what I was hoping to hear!