PDA

View Full Version : washing after a henna?

carols_e
August 30th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Hello everyone.. I was wondering do you all wash with shampoo right after a henna or do you wait so many hours then use shampoo? I usually wait but I was wondering if I could wash with shampoo right after I rinse the henna out?

Isilme
August 30th, 2008, 11:43 AM
yes you can wash with shampoo, it's not going to kill the henna.

carols_e
August 30th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Thanks ..I forgot to add can I rinse with ACV as well?

Isilme
August 30th, 2008, 11:52 AM
yes, everything you normally do except for a deep treatment as it may fade fresh henna.

carols_e
August 30th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Thank you!!

skydancer7
August 30th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Personally I prefer to use conditioner only instead of shampoo after henna because my hair usually feels dry. Then I shampoo some time the next day. Like someone else said earlier, shampooing right away won't fade the henna.

CopperHead
August 30th, 2008, 12:43 PM
I use conditioner to remove the mud, then rinse with an herbal acv rinse, then apply a heavier conditioner. My hair comes out very clean and soft this way. I like to let the henna oxidize a bit before I shampoo.

vampodrama
August 30th, 2008, 01:20 PM
you can use shampoo if you like, it won't harm the henna in any way.

I personally just rinse my hair and shampoo it after a few days when it gets greasy again.

Kirin
August 30th, 2008, 07:04 PM
I always shampoo after, (then condition of course several times) and shampoo and condition the next day. Any residue left in my hair will make it dry as the saharah, i get LESS dryness when I shampoo as well as condition, then with conditioner alone.

wintersun99
August 30th, 2008, 09:43 PM
I do. The few times that I have rinsed with conditioner only are the times when I was left with henna residue and very dry, nasty hair. With shampoo, never had that problem

racheal1234
September 1st, 2008, 03:18 PM
i use conditioner after i henna

racheal1234
September 1st, 2008, 03:19 PM
let me add i used a a little shampoo because of the henna was taking to long to wash out

Arctic_Mama
September 2nd, 2008, 01:37 AM
I just use boatloads of rinses initially, then condition and scrub down my scalp well, rinse a bunch, condition again, and make sure to protect my pillow case :) A treatment with Coconut oil should also help get out any extra mud and stain, but may fade the henna a bit (which is fine by me because I like a more transparent stain over a dark burgundy). Your mileage, as always, may vary.