PDA

View Full Version : Celestial Seasonings Tension Tamer

spirals
January 16th, 2013, 03:34 PM
I was in the grocery last night looking at herbal teas and found this. It contains, among other things, chamomile and catnip. It sounds like maybe a good idea for a hair rinse. Plus, the box is really cool--there's a lady in a red medievil dress sitting on a dragon. She of course has long hair. http://www.celestialseasonings.com/products/herbal-teas/tension-tamer What do you all think? I want to try eliminating rinse-out conditioner in favor of a nice rinse.

ravenreed
January 16th, 2013, 03:38 PM
I drink it regularly as it is quite nice. I haven't tried it in my hair.

Nae
January 16th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Hmmm, it is a thought.

I bought some a while back (because of the cool picture....yes, that *is* how I make tea purchasing decisions) and I didn't notice it had chamomile in it. I don't know why but chamomile tea seems to upset my tummy so I have been avoiding it. But maybe a little on my ends would be worth a shot.

spirals
January 16th, 2013, 03:43 PM
I did buy the Sleepytime for drinking. I may try that in my hair. I got some catnip, too, and that has been in my citric acid solution all night. I'm going to use it within the next hour.

Rosethorn
January 16th, 2013, 03:45 PM
That's one of my favorite teas, it's very tasty. I never thought of putting it in hair, though. I don't think it would hurt your hair- maybe darken it if you've got light hair?

neko_kawaii
January 16th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Hmmm, it is a thought.

I bought some a while back (because of the cool picture....yes, that *is* how I make tea purchasing decisions) and I didn't notice it had chamomile in it. I don't know why but chamomile tea seems to upset my tummy so I have been avoiding it. But maybe a little on my ends would be worth a shot.

Doesn't everyone?

neko_kawaii
January 16th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Now I'm seeing ads for Celestial Seasonings, lol.

Natalia
January 16th, 2013, 06:31 PM
I was in the grocery last night looking at herbal teas and found this. It contains, among other things, chamomile and catnip. It sounds like maybe a good idea for a hair rinse. Plus, the box is really cool--there's a lady in a red medievil dress sitting on a dragon. She of course has long hair. http://www.celestialseasonings.com/products/herbal-teas/tension-tamer What do you all think? I want to try eliminating rinse-out conditioner in favor of a nice rinse.

Interesting i'll check it out next time im in the store.

I don't know why but chamomile tea seems to upset my tummy so I have been avoiding it. But maybe a little on my ends would be worth a shot.

Are you allergic to anything in the daisy family? if you are you are likely to hae stomach upset with chamomile and ecinacha (sp?)

Nae
January 16th, 2013, 07:09 PM
I have hayfever like nobody's business. Watermelon makes my throat and ears itch, and so does echinacha (yeah, who can spell that?), weedy sorts of things don't agree with me very much. I have to be careful with my herbal teas. There are all sorts of suspicious weedy sorts of things in them lol.

(Also, I am glad I am not the only one who buys tea just because it has a cool looking lady riding a dragon on it.)

spirals
January 16th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Y'all are making me laugh. I just found a recipe for detangler that uses marshmallow root, and realized the tension tamer tea has that in it. http://frugallysustainable.com/2012/04/a-recipe-for-homemade-herbal-detangler-spray/

Natalia
January 16th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Y'all are making me laugh. I just found a recipe for detangler that uses marshmallow root, and realized the tension tamer tea has that in it. http://frugallysustainable.com/2012/04/a-recipe-for-homemade-herbal-detangler-spray/

Cool thanks for sharing i can get marshmallow powder local too.

Seeshami
January 17th, 2013, 11:21 PM
All I can think of right now is who wants to go to Celestial Seasonings with me and do the free tour? Let's go!

And yes, I am spoiled I do only live 30 minutes away from their factory. ;)

hmmruka
January 18th, 2013, 12:06 AM
I live very close to the celestial seasonings tea factory and have done the tour. It was very interesting.

Seeshami
January 18th, 2013, 12:34 AM
I love their tent sales!

Libbylou
January 18th, 2013, 02:19 AM
hmmruka, Seeshami you ladies are so lucky.

QMacrocarpa
January 18th, 2013, 07:10 AM
You could likely find a cheaper-per-ounce source of the herbs of interest (which are a ways down the TT ingredients list). Places like Whole Foods carry some bulk herbs, and suppliers like Frontier (http://www.frontiercoop.com) and Cheryl's Herbs (http://www.cherylsherbs.com/) do mail-order.

neko_kawaii
January 18th, 2013, 07:15 AM
I'm so spoiled I have both a natural food store and an herb store near me! One ounce of anything is always an eye popping amount. Yes, cheaper if you can get it bulk, and potentially fresher.

browneyedsusan
January 18th, 2013, 05:34 PM

What in thunder is "marshmallow root"??? Are there marshmallow vines or bushes or trees?
--I drink Tension Tamer sometimes. I think a nice glass of wine works better and faster, though. ;)

Nae
January 18th, 2013, 06:07 PM
What in thunder is "marshmallow root"??? Are there marshmallow vines or bushes or trees?
--I drink Tension Tamer sometimes. I think a nice glass of wine works better and faster, though. ;)

Ooooh, I know this one!! Marshmallow plants grow in swamps and they used to use juice/sap from the roots with egg whites and sugar (probably) to make marshmallows. Nowadays I don't think they use it anymore, it is probably not cost effective to go get it in swamps lol. It was gooey stuff, they probably use gelatin or some other type nonsense to replace it today. You should go out to Ligonier for the marshmallow festival. It is big fun. They used to make a lot of marshmallows there.

neko_kawaii
January 18th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Funny, a friend of mine made marshmallows just yesterday! She said they contain sugar, egg white, and gelatine.

spirals
January 18th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Using real marshmallow root would yield vegetarian marshmallows.

browneyedsusan
January 19th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Rats! I was hoping I could grow some marshmallows between the peonies and tomatoes! :( I'm almost as disappointed as when I found out that Cheerios weren't donut seeds.

Nae
January 19th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Marsh Mallows are pretty little plants though. They flower if I remember correctly. You should try to plant them for the amusement of the kids in your life. "Looky, there here grows marshmallows!"

spirals
January 21st, 2013, 12:33 AM
Rats! I was hoping I could grow some marshmallows between the peonies and tomatoes! :( I'm almost as disappointed as when I found out that Cheerios weren't donut seeds.:rollin: You and my mom have the exact same sense of humor! I about fell off the chair due to this post.

browneyedsusan
January 22nd, 2013, 12:48 PM
Marsh Mallows are pretty little plants though. They flower if I remember correctly. You should try to plant them for the amusement of the kids in your life. "Looky, there here grows marshmallows!"

Well, maybe I will. If I can find some seeds or slips or spores, or whatever they start from! :)

@ Spirals, Your mom must be a fabulous woman! ;)