PDA

View Full Version : Argan oil

littlestarface
November 30th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Should it be organic,cold pressed and unrefined oil to use it on the hair and skin? Im looking to buy some but I need to know what kind to get exactly as I want the purest argan oil for myself.

Shatam1
November 30th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Good question:)) I would like to know the answer too.

littlestarface
December 1st, 2012, 11:04 AM
I guess no one knows or don't care to answer. Shatam I guess we have to figure out ourselves,oh well.

MrsGuther
December 1st, 2012, 11:33 AM
I use argan oil that I got at Wal Mart. I really like it. I also price checked at Sally's beauty supply and they had some that was three times the price of the kind I bought at Wally World. I put some on the length of my hair and it feels soft and has a nice shine to it afterwards, but it doesn't feel greasy at all. The kind I use isn't organic or anything. I like it just fine though. :)

CSallaround
December 1st, 2012, 11:41 AM
I can't remember what the brand is or how much it was but the one I have just says it's 100% pure argan oil. I bought on amazon. If you like, I can check when I am back home in a few days (am visiting my bf who lives in a different city). Generally an oil should be pure, coldpressed and organic especially if you want to use it on skin or eat it. Unrefined is kinda the same thing as coldpressed as far as I remember but do correct me if I'm wrong.
I hope for someone with more knowledge on the matter of argan oil to take part here.. :-)

Avital88
December 1st, 2012, 11:58 AM
i think its the same idea as olive oil, virgin and cold pressed and nothing else in it.
I buy my Argan oil in a healthfood store

CurlyMopTop
December 1st, 2012, 06:51 PM
I bought some from the health food store. I think it was $16 for the bottle. 100% pure, nothing else in it. I use 2 to 3 drops on damp hair. Love it. I can't help you with the rest though. The bottle I have will last forever.

Shatam1
December 1st, 2012, 10:45 PM
Thank u everyone . I now know where to look for it:disco:

curlsgalore
December 2nd, 2012, 10:00 PM
I got mine from here (http://www.applevalleynaturalsoap.com/organic-virgin-argan-oil/)....Best stuff ever!!!

sakuraemily
December 3rd, 2012, 12:35 AM
I think it should be cold-pressed and unrefined. Organic can also be heavily refined so its no guarantee of purity.

mermaid-nina
December 3rd, 2012, 04:45 AM
I got mine from Amazon :) Cold pressed and unfined, not sure about organic - I think it is! It is lovely stuff, my DD can absorb olive oil in a couple of hours but on me it's like an oil slick. Argan oil seemed a lot lighter and more easily absorbed.

Luminaria
December 4th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Organic Argan oil is ideal, but I think that cold pressed and unrefined is more important. It tends to have more nutrients intact since refining can destroy some beneficial nutrients. Pure cold pressed and unrefined Argan oil tends to be more expensive. I paid $24 for mine at a vitamin store.

clanless
December 4th, 2012, 11:25 PM
I am thinking of buying the Vitacost brand versus buying one off Amazon. I've been wondering the same.