PDA

View Full Version : henna weekly?

mamaherrera
November 26th, 2012, 09:26 AM
I lately have been doing henna at my temples, roots and some length because of my unableness to accept the increasing whites appearing. Does anyone think with all the manipulation/rinsing of henna, (I try to be as gentle as possible) that it can cause any hair loss, like pulling hairs out, that shouldn't? I just don't want to think I'll be bald in a few years if I do this. I notice a lot of small (that area has all different lengths) hairs coming out after henna, and I dont want to think I'm not allowing these hairs to grow to terminal length, but that it was just their time to come anyways. Any opinions?

rock007junkie
November 26th, 2012, 11:40 AM
In my opinion it might be kind of an overkill. Can you strech it to every two weeks maybe? Also, if I remember correctly you are a wavy/curly (right?)....it might kill your waves doing it that often.

capnjackfan
November 26th, 2012, 11:44 AM
In my opinion it might be kind of an overkill. Can you strech it to every two weeks maybe? Also, if I remember correctly you are a wavy/curly (right?)....it might kill your waves doing it that often.

I agree with rock007junkie, I wouldn't use it quite so often, it could be bad for the hair.

kaydana
November 26th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Maybe you could do henna glosses instead? You'll still get colour but it should require less effort for application and rinsing.

Bodhichitta
November 27th, 2012, 09:06 AM
I too have to henna my white roots every 2 weeks... how do you do a quick henna gloss? Is that with Cassia?

truepeacenik
November 27th, 2012, 10:12 AM
I have done a few glosses. I use dye-released henna paste in conditioner. Maybe 3 Tbl of paste to double or triple that in conditioner.
Now I'm going light to keep my sparklies. I'm really tinting my faded by sun ends so they appear thicker.

I'd gloss two days in a row, as it builds up, CO wash that week, no matter how many times.
The closest I've gone is three months apart. Again, I am preserving sparklies, and trying to keep my own natural red. I tread carefully.

AceOfCurls
November 27th, 2012, 10:36 AM
I have to henna about every week to two weeks as well. I haven't hennaed my hair in about a month (been waiting on hennasooq) and there's already about a half an inch of grey hair and my hair looks pretty crappy. I really want to loosen up my curl pattern (3b/c), so I was hoping that it would do the trick, unfortunately the curls loosens up for about a week before going back to the original pattern. I did notice that my hair seemed a lot thinner when I was hennaing ever week, but now that it's been a month my braid seems a lot thicker. I'll start hennaing every week again, but after a while I'll definitely go back to twice a month or every like 9 or 11 days.

Shatam1
November 27th, 2012, 09:12 PM
I used to henna every 10 days to 2 weeks but also noticed that my hair seemed thinner and it really got very dark so now I do it every month. I use manic panic pillar box red in between hennas to camouflage my white roots:)

jojo
November 30th, 2012, 06:43 AM
A lot of Asian women henna weekly, it cannot harm your hair but there is a maximum saturation point where if you was to do the full length say every time it would go a more burgundy colour. another option is to do strongish henna glosses.

Dorothy
December 2nd, 2012, 07:23 PM
I just henna my roots - once a month, I put up with the roots, but I have done just the roots on the parts - between my bangs and crown hair (shows in updos) and on my middle part (shows when down) at the 2 week point before.